***Merry Chrismas***
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#1 Dec 24, 2013
It’s truly saddening to observe the malevolence, antagonism, aggression, and enmity we so often are exposed to upon this forum as we seek useful information, the lucid exchange of ideas, as well as a bit of wisdom from time to time.

Notwithstanding what we witness here on Topix, we know there are good and selfless people in our world; unfortunately, we just don’t always find them here.

But to be sure I have found many good and well meaning folks do still post here. Nonetheless, the weeds have squeezed some of the flowers out. I sincerely hope they may come back, and they will, if they can see enough good and fertile soil.
As most of us celebrate this season, and the Joy of the Birth of Our Savior: I ran across something that touched my heart, and I trust will also that of most people, be they believers or not, should they have a heart open to just a basic human compassion, and good will.

Merry Christmas:

And I pray someone receives some sense of peace and comfort from this Christmas Wish.

http://conservativevideos.com/2013/12/2-years...

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#2 Dec 24, 2013

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#3 Dec 24, 2013

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#4 Dec 24, 2013
Just a thought

Commerce, GA

#5 Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas Ga. Law and to everyone. Please remember why we have Christmas.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#6 Dec 24, 2013
Yep,
Happy Holidays,
the Reason for the Season....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_myth...
Comparative mythology is the comparison of myths from different cultures in an attempt to identify shared themes and characteristics.[1] Comparative mythology has served a variety of academic purposes. For example, scholars have used the relationships between different myths to trace the development of religions and cultures, to propose common origins for myths from different cultures, and to support various psychological theories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice
The solstice itself may have been a special moment of the annual cycle of the year even during neolithic times. Astronomical events, which during ancient times controlled the mating of animals, sowing of crops and metering of winter reserves between harvests, show how various cultural mythologies and traditions have arisen. This is attested by physical remains in the layouts of late Neolithic and Bronze Age archaeological sites, such as Stonehenge in Britain and Newgrange in Ireland. The primary axes of both of these monuments seem to have been carefully aligned on a sight-line pointing to the winter solstice sunrise (Newgrange) and the winter solstice sunset (Stonehenge). Significant in respect of Stonehenge is the fact that the Great Trilithon was erected outwards from the centre of the monument, i.e., its smooth flat face was turned towards the midwinter Sun.[5]

The winter solstice may have been immensely important because communities were not certain of living through the winter, and had to be prepared during the previous nine months. Starvation was common during the first months of the winter, January to April (northern hemisphere) or July to October (southern hemisphere), also known as "the famine months". In temperate climates, the midwinter festival was the last feast celebration, before deep winter began. Most cattle were slaughtered so they would not have to be fed during the winter, so it was almost the only time of year when a supply of fresh meat was available. The majority of wine and beer made during the year was finally fermented and ready for drinking at this time. The concentration of the observances were not always on the day commencing at midnight or at dawn, but the beginning of the pre-Romanized day, which falls on the previous eve.[6]

Since the event is seen as the reversal of the Sun's ebbing presence in the sky, concepts of the birth or rebirth of sun gods have been common and, in cultures using winter solstice based cyclic calendars, the year as reborn has been celebrated with regard to life-death-rebirth deities or new beginnings such as Hogmanay's redding, a New Year cleaning tradition. Also reversal is yet another usual theme as in Saturnalia's slave and master reversals.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7 Dec 24, 2013
'At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge,' said the gentleman, taking up a pen,'it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir.'

'Are there no prisons?"

'Plenty of prisons,' said the gentleman, laying down the pen again.
'And the Union workhouses.' demanded Scrooge.'Are they still in operation?'

'Both very busy, sir.'

'Oh. I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop them in their useful course,' said Scrooge.'I'm very glad to hear it.'

Schoolkids with "Will Work For Food" signs?
Posted: 6:31 a.m. Monday, Dec. 23, 2013
By Jay Bookman
http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jay-bookman/2013/d...

So after we’ve given hundreds of millions of tax dollars to the Falcons, and hundreds of millions more to the Braves, and while we’re trying to lure Boeing to Georgia with a giveaway package that perhaps totals in the billions, U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston steps up to suggest that if poor kids want a free lunch or breakfast at school, we ought to make them work for it.
Great. Maybe Kingston’s Senate campaign commercials will feature a bunch of poorly dressed, hungry fourth-graders with “I’ll Work For Food” signs draped around their necks. And by “a bunch,” I do mean a bunch. In Kingston’s congressional district alone, some 22 percent of children live below the poverty line. According to the Georgia Department of Education, some 1 million children statewide eat lunch at school either for free or at reduced prices. For too many of them, those are the only real meals they will get.

Are we really going to put brooms in the hands of more than 1 million kids? No, we’re not. Kingston wasn't making a serious policy proposal; he was engaged in “signaling”, pandering to the sense among many voters that there’s nothing wrong with the national or Georgia economy that can’t be fixed by being meaner to poor people.

In other areas, though, that “signaling” is having real-life human consequence. Kingston and his fellow Republican House members have refused to extend benefits for the long-term unemployed, which means come next week, some 40,000 already-strapped Georgia households will lose most or all of their remaining income, with tens of thousands more to be affected in the coming weeks. Congressional Republicans are also insisting that food stamps be slashed, even as they increase subsidies for multi-millionaire farmers and others in Georgia and across the country.

Here in Atlanta, Gov. Nathan Deal continues to bar some 400,000 to 600,000 Georgians — most of them lower-income people with jobs that don’t offer health insurance — from participating in Medicaid even though the entire cost would be covered by the federal government for the first three years, declining gradually to a permanent federal share of 90 percent.

The result will be lost lives, closed hospitals and lost economic growth, but hey, at least the right signals will have been sent to the right people....

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#8 Dec 24, 2013
I normally pay no attention to the icons indicating approval or disapproval of one’s opinion(s).

But, today as I reviewed postings, I thought who would be so depraved and/or hard hearted as to indicate such contempt for the posting of the “Christmas Wish” and its content.

Rather quickly, it became quite obvious as I scanned on down to the later postings; where I found the same familiar and usually insensitive, contrary, and negative comments as we’ve seen before.

I guess, those that harbor obsessive feelings from within including negativity, anger, bitterness, pain, loneliness and contempt, somehow find it imperative, in someway, to insist upon imposing those feeling upon other’s.

Yes, there is pain, evil, and suffering in the world, and many of us do as much as we can to assist, console and lift the burdens of those who bear it.

Even still, without fail, there are those who would take away that hope and faith, from many who want it, need, and seek it. So, why would one do that, when they themselves(s) never offer anything positive?

Fortunately, there is hope, and Salvation for those who seek something more, ignore the nay Sayers, and have Faith.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#9 Dec 24, 2013
Mary Did You Know – A beautiful Christmas Song

Two excellent videos - one the quintessence of his life.

http://youtu.be/ejzynSKdNDs

http://youtu.be/ikUovryDh80

The other – the torturous horrific cruelty of his crucifixion.

Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior- God the Son incarnate.

To us believers, the brutal reality of how Jesus Christ as a man suffered physically as a human being, and died an excruciating death upon the Cross-for each of us.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#10 Dec 25, 2013
On the Day we celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior:

Even Satan himself retreats from the anonymity of recognition through a simply screen name, and recoils in seeking further concealment behind hopeless negative icons.

Isaiah 55:6 - Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#11 Dec 25, 2013
LMAO

Young Harris, GA

#12 Dec 26, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
Fortunately, there is hope, and Salvation for those who seek...
That's been the "money line" of religion since religion began - a better tomorrow, a better world, a better __________fill in the blank, it's your nickle). It's bullet-proof, irrefutable because until tomorrow comes, which it can't, obviously, organized religion doesn't have to deliver on any promise it makes.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#13 Dec 26, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I normally pay no attention to the icons indicating approval or disapproval of one’s opinion(s).

But, today as I reviewed postings, I thought who would be so depraved and/or hard hearted as to indicate such contempt for the posting of the “Christmas Wish” and its content.

Rather quickly, it became quite obvious as I scanned on down to the later postings; where I found the same familiar and usually insensitive, contrary, and negative comments as we’ve seen before.
Yep, it is quite obvious who suffers from an obsession bordering on depravity, it is telling when you assume that only a poster in this discussion can judge a post. Tell us of the magical powers that allow you to make this determination.

Course most folks understand that anyone viewing a post can judge it, regardless of whether they actually post to the discussion.

Hoping that everyone is having a Happy Holiday Season and grateful that we can all celebrate the Reason for the Season whatever we believe it to be.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#14 Dec 26, 2013
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
That's been the "money line" of religion since religion began - a better tomorrow, a better world, a better __________fill in the blank, it's your nickle). It's bullet-proof, irrefutable because until tomorrow comes, which it can't, obviously, organized religion doesn't have to deliver on any promise it makes.
John 2:13-15
New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Cleanses the Temple

13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business.

15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#15 Dec 26, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it is quite obvious who suffers from an obsession bordering on depravity, it is telling when you assume that only a poster in this discussion can judge a post. Tell us of the magical powers that allow you to make this determination.
Course most folks understand that anyone viewing a post can judge it, regardless of whether they actually post to the discussion.
Hoping that everyone is having a Happy Holiday Season and grateful that we can all celebrate the Reason for the Season whatever we believe it to be.
My comments ,in fact, only relate to my thoughts as to ones actions. Actions however taken, we know reflect and represent the innermost reaches within an individual’s heart, and of course also, are the outermost reflection of honor, character, and compassion, or the lack thereof.

All of us recognize evil, contempt, and yes, depravity when we see it. To identify those things are entirely separated from sitting in judgment of them. But, of course, you know that; even as you endeavor to shift, and cloud the issue with idioms of magical powers, and pretenses of assumptions, and judgment.

Assumption, and judgment are not at issue here. And, as known, Christians recognize only the power of God. Magical powers would be of Satan. I’ll include some scripture re: judgment in closing.

For us Christians, the Birth of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is the Reason for the Season, with the day identified as Christmas.

While other beliefs, identify their specify designated days/periods of time of celebration, within the realm of their beliefs. Which at this point you neglected, or shy away from identifying.

1 Samuel 16:7

7 But the LORD said to Samuel,“Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

Matthew 7: 1-5
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.''

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.
Searching

Young Harris, GA

#16 Dec 27, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
<quoted text>..Assumption, and judgment are not at issue here. And, as known, Christians recognize only the power of God. Magical powers would be of Satan. I’ll include some scripture re: judgment in closing.
For us Christians, the Birth of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is the Reason for the Season, with the day identified as Christmas.
While other beliefs, identify their specify designated days/periods of time of celebration, within the realm of their beliefs. Which at this point you neglected, or shy away from identifying.
1 Samuel 16:7
7 But the LORD said to Samuel,“Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
Matthew 7: 1-5
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.''
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.
Do you know the origin of Passover? Hint; the Pharaoh did NOT kill the first born, rather starvation did, but she (yeah, it was a woman) gets the blame. It'll lead you to a volcano in the Aegean Sea, the pillar of smoke by day, the pillar of fire by night, manna from Heaven, the Exodus (one of three, probably) caused by a contract dispute, a corvette, one hell of a tidal surge, which is documented, and the "parting" of the Reed (NOT Red) Sea, which has also been documented. Fascinating reading.

Interesting is the significance of the birth of a male child and the reuniting of the House of David and the House of Benjamin. The Romans had good reason to be concerned about that, but do you know why?

And are you aware of why He did that at the temple? Or how Jesus actually "changed" water into wine, and why? It actually goes on today, also at weddings and anywhere there's a open bar. How He actually fed hundreds with a few fish and loaves of bread, and why, what the moral to that was, is also good reading.

History is fascinating!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17 Dec 27, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
<quoted text>
My comments ,in fact, only relate to my thoughts as to ones actions. Actions however taken, we know reflect and represent the innermost reaches within an individual’s heart, and of course also, are the outermost reflection of honor, character, and compassion, or the lack thereof.
Uhmmm, what an interesting observation, now tell us again why you feel the need to employ multiple personas when posting.

Course no where in your belabored post do you answer the question as to how you "know" who presses the judgement buttons for a post. Perhaps you possess a special knowledge that allows you to discern such things without concrete evidence.

No surprises here.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#18 Dec 27, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmm, what an interesting observation, now tell us again why you feel the need to employ multiple personas when posting.
Course no where in your belabored post do you answer the question as to how you "know" who presses the judgement buttons for a post. Perhaps you possess a special knowledge that allows you to discern such things without concrete evidence.
No surprises here.
Agreed, no surprises a-tall. I suspect anyone taking time to read these postings may delight in your spending as much effort in addressing the issues at hand, as you do avoiding them.

My responses have been open and direct. It’s apparent our motives and purposes are as different as day is from night, good is from evil.

My objective isn’t to satisfy your need to bait and switch for the sake of argument, in an effort to show superiority.

No, rather, I strive to present the context of what drives me to my beliefs, my Faith, and the enjoyment I receive from it. I trust others will recognize that more so through open candid responses, as opposed to a respondent who avoids directly addressing issues, changing the subject matter, and refusing response to the most simple of inquiry.

Your obsession upon pen names has overshadowed any context of useful discussion upon, it appears, any subject matter. And, it seems to rather preoccupy you with the messenger only.

Nonetheless, I again will remind you, I have disclosed my pen names in the past, to include purposes for such custom and the separations of substance. Your consent or objections to these commonly accepted practices are personal in nature, not widely accepted, and irreverent.

In closing, to answer your question, being in essence – How do you know when you face evil?

There is no explanation I would offer than that which I find in God’s Word.

Genesis 3:4-6
King James Version (KJV)

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#19 Dec 27, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
<quoted text>
My objective isn’t to satisfy your need to bait and switch for the sake of argument, in an effort to show superiority.

No, rather, I strive to present the context of what drives me to my beliefs, my Faith, and the enjoyment I receive from it. I trust others will recognize that more so through open candid responses, as opposed to a respondent who avoids directly addressing issues, changing the subject matter, and refusing response to the most simple of inquiry.

In closing, to answer your question, being in essence – How do you know when you face evil?
Thank you for provisding such a fine example of what you claim you don't do.

Now let's see, what was the question, oh yeah, the question that remians unanswered is How do you know who presses the judgement buttons for a post.

You claim that it's obvious from the posters in a discussion, when in reality it could be anyone reading a discussion whether they post or not.

Now it sure seems
that someone
has changed the subject
cause the question was never

How do you know when you face evil?

Course everyone knows that evil is anyone that does not agree with you.

Young Harris, GA

#20 Dec 27, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, no surprises a-tall. I suspect anyone taking time to read these postings may delight in your spending as much effort in addressing the issues at hand, as you do avoiding them.
My responses have been open and direct. It’s apparent our motives and purposes are as different as day is from night, good is from evil.
Your obsession upon pen names has overshadowed any context of useful discussion upon, it appears, any subject matter. And, it seems to rather preoccupy you with the messenger only.
Nonetheless, I again will remind you, I have disclosed my pen names in the past, to include purposes for such custom and the separations of substance. Your consent or objections to these commonly accepted practices are personal in nature, not widely accepted, and irreverent.
There is no explanation I would offer than that which I find in God’s Word.
Genesis 3:4-6
King James Version (KJV)
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Peddle that snake-oil, brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
full eclipse 3 hr poor little native 9
Trump meets his boss, Vladimir Putin 17 hr dgd478 9
Worst steak ever. What happened Horrible cust... 19 hr monkeyboy 15
Rib Country Waitress Jul 22 really 115
Colwell Detention Center (Oct '11) Jul 22 Des 62
need "good" heating and air conditioning service (Sep '09) Jul 21 Coralou Bramblett 54
Coosa Heights trailer park Jul 19 He said she said 7

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages