Our New Sheriffs Dept
dumb and dumber

Sycamore, GA

#783 Oct 1, 2013
Tom Porter wrote:
<quoted text>
You say Mack is the only one that has done anything about drugs in years, where do you get that? You say Sheriff Stephens had a criminal on the "Appalachian" drug task force, that's funny because that's under the Governor! And you say Sheriff Stephens were busting people for pills and a little bit of pot.. That's funny, read the arrest reports. Sounds you have him confused with idiot Mason. All that is in there is less than an ounce and a few pills. Under Sheriff Stephens, there were meth labs busted, rolling meth labs and seized vehicles at road checks, which don't happen now. You call yourself Union County Voter so I hope you are satisfied with your vote. He has put us 5 years behind in nearly the first year he has been in...
Damn straight. The druggies are running free and they know there isn't any heat with Mason.
uc voter

Dalton, GA

#784 Oct 2, 2013
Tom Porter wrote:
<quoted text>
You say Mack is the only one that has done anything about drugs in years, where do you get that? You say Sheriff Stephens had a criminal on the "Appalachian" drug task force, that's funny because that's under the Governor! And you say Sheriff Stephens were busting people for pills and a little bit of pot.. That's funny, read the arrest reports. Sounds you have him confused with idiot Mason. All that is in there is less than an ounce and a few pills. Under Sheriff Stephens, there were meth labs busted, rolling meth labs and seized vehicles at road checks, which don't happen now. You call yourself Union County Voter so I hope you are satisfied with your vote. He has put us 5 years behind in nearly the first year he has been in...
it was that cop from fannin county and yes he was a criminal and yes scott accidentally ran across that meth lab it is so obvious you work or you are scott and I am extremely happy wth my vote and so is the rest of the county give it up he is gone and wil not return thank god
Bill

Ellaville, GA

#785 Oct 2, 2013
dumb and dumber wrote:
<quoted text> Damn straight. The druggies are running free and they know there isn't any heat with Mason.
. Yea ask Royce F and that blind man about running free.
Bill

Ellaville, GA

#786 Oct 2, 2013
dumb and dumber wrote:
<quoted text> Damn straight. The druggies are running free and they know there isn't any heat with Mason.
The only thing you got write is your name.
Crow

Marietta, GA

#787 Oct 14, 2013
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you got write is your name.
"right"....not "write".....brain child. Now we know why they keep you in the back room away from the public. That seems to be a trend with you doesn't it? It is completely understandable.
Freddy P

Commerce, GA

#788 Oct 14, 2013
Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
"right"....not "write".....brain child. Now we know why they keep you in the back room away from the public. That seems to be a trend with you doesn't it? It is completely understandable.

Don't be so hard on him. He went to school in union county.and I think he was number 3 in his class
Really----Really

Braselton, GA

#789 Dec 24, 2013
I hope everyone will read the local fish wrapper this week, and look at the articles about our Sheriff. It seems he couldn't keep a couple of the things he promised during the election season of 2012. He ran on staying under budget, and I guess you can if you raise the budget.(now at 3.41 mil) Seems he needs a little more Deputies now, increased the staff from about 60 to 70. What's funny about this is you never see any of them in the county, but you see them all over the city. Where are ACOG and her little pals with this news.... Is it too much for any Politian to keep his word any more? Or is it he didn't have a clue of what the job was about when he was promising these things.

Oh well, I guess next year he will find out that he needs more and more stuff. We will see.......
Southern Santa

Murphy, NC

#790 Dec 24, 2013
Really----Really wrote:
I hope everyone will read the local fish wrapper this week, and look at the articles about our Sheriff. It seems he couldn't keep a couple of the things he promised during the election season of 2012. He ran on staying under budget, and I guess you can if you raise the budget.(now at 3.41 mil) Seems he needs a little more Deputies now, increased the staff from about 60 to 70. What's funny about this is you never see any of them in the county, but you see them all over the city. Where are ACOG and her little pals with this news.... Is it too much for any Politian to keep his word any more? Or is it he didn't have a clue of what the job was about when he was promising these things.
Oh well, I guess next year he will find out that he needs more and more stuff. We will see.......
Couldn't you see the handwriting on the wall?
Now, be a good boy and email ACOG or tmv and complain.
It is Christmas time for all the good little boys and girls.
Mr. Mason is a good old boy at heart and is doing what's right for the county. tsk tsk You will get coal in your jockey shorts, too.
Really----Really

Braselton, GA

#791 Dec 25, 2013
Oh I did see the handwriting, I'm just wondering why it is good for the county now and wasn't good while he was trying to get elected. I figure that since ACOG was right there when he was promising this she and her clan might be upset that he is not following through with his promises. She sure likes to jump on others when they don't keep their promises. I guess it's different when its your guy that's doing the promise breaking.

I hope they can explain this to me, why is it that we need to expand the budget so much when it was so clear over a year ago that Mason could stay within the budget that was in place. I can't wait .... I'm sure that it will be because he is doing what is best for the community.
Southern Santa

Murphy, NC

#792 Dec 25, 2013
Really----Really wrote:
Oh I did see the handwriting, I'm just wondering why it is good for the county now and wasn't good while he was trying to get elected. I figure that since ACOG was right there when he was promising this she and her clan might be upset that he is not following through with his promises. She sure likes to jump on others when they don't keep their promises. I guess it's different when its your guy that's doing the promise breaking.
I hope they can explain this to me, why is it that we need to expand the budget so much when it was so clear over a year ago that Mason could stay within the budget that was in place. I can't wait .... I'm sure that it will be because he is doing what is best for the community.
ACOG and clan will say that he didn't understand the needs.
Mack was told the needs of the county and in his stubborn way felt he could modify the department and cut corners. It simply didn't work.
Actually, I have more respect for Mack because he is in touch with the needs of the department and doing something about it. If it costs the taxpayers more, so be it.
They predict he will help them in some fashion in the future with the golf course thing that happened years ago. Remember she filed a police report.(laughing)
For some reason, ACOG and the clan think that because Lamar and Mason are of different political parties they aren't working together. Wrong. Lee, Tax Commish, and Mack are both Republican but they are working just fine with Lamar who is a Democrat. People forget these people knew each other before the election.
Southern Santa

Murphy, NC

#793 Dec 25, 2013
Do you remember when a crazy couple had a domestic disturbance and it wasn't reported in the paper. ACOG ran right to the sheriff's office to get a copy of the report because she is ENTITLED under ORR?

ACOG published the incident and names of officers the crazy women involved in the domestic disturbance told her husband she was having relationships with. ACOG had no regard for the children or families of the officers even though the wife involved in the disturbance was not telling the truth and has a history of being less than honest.

ACOG will be the fist to yell and scream that people are making false claims about her and her buddy, Mountain-what's-his-name. She feels it is unfair to talk about David's financial situation or his past history because he is doing so much good for the county, in her opinion.

What ACOG fails to remember is she gave the names of officers who were NOT involved with anyone except their significant others. ACOG is unaware that the wives, girlfriends, and children of those officers were embarrassed by her revelation.

ACOG did not take back her words or clean up the mess she made.
Believe me, she has made some serious enemies because of her big mouth.

There is some information that is kept quiet for a reason because it is known to be false and the people making accusations have history with mental disorders, drugs, and other problems.

So, you think Mason is going to help this woman? What do you think?
Correction

Blairsville, GA

#794 Dec 26, 2013
Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
"right"....not "write".....brain child. Now we know why they keep you in the back room away from the public. That seems to be a trend with you doesn't it? It is completely understandable.
The first "right" should be capitalized. There should not be four dots and should not be five dots in the first "sentence." There should be three dots, except at the end of a sentence. Then, it should be four dots.
Cuzs Cuz

Statham, GA

#795 Dec 26, 2013
[QUOTE Really----Really"]
I hope everyone will read the local fish wrapper this week, and look at the articles about our Sheriff.
It seems he couldn't keep a couple of the things he promised during the election season of 2012.
He ran on staying under budget, and I guess you can if you raise the budget.(now at 3.41 mil)
Seems he needs a little more Deputies now, increased the staff from about 60 to 70. What's funny about this is you never see any of them in the county, but you see them all over the city.
Or is it he didn't have a clue of what the job was about when he was promising these things.
Oh well, I guess next year he will find out that he needs more and more stuff. We will see.......[/QUOTE]
I'm not too privy to the inside workings of the old Sheriff's administration as this poster seems to be, but somethings do jump out at me.
1, It seems a bit early to be making budgetary claims when it will be several weeks after the fiscal year closes out before any figures are available for anyone to make any claims one way or the other.
2. Just a casual drive by the jail shows a total removal of the old junk vehicles that populated that back lot....some of which had been there as long as the previous 'administrator'
3. I have noticed when meeting the personnel of the new administration, you can clearly see who is sitting inside, unlike the other administration who must have been so ashamed of people he was forced to hire that he made a point to black out all the windows of his vehicles.
4.I bet the budget 'concerns' you are dancing and prancing about might be substantially less if just a small portion of the material, equipment, guns and ammo that disappeared between the November election and January 1, 2013 would suddenly turn up to be added back to the county coffers.
5. The new man might not know what he's doing, but at least the County isn't furnishing any of the old crowd and their family with Florida vacations in the County SUV.
You have a lot of work to do if this is all you are managing to scratch up for your run for Sheriff in 2016.
Good luck though.
Joe Bob

Bishop, GA

#796 Dec 26, 2013
Cuzs Cuz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not too privy to the inside workings of the old Sheriff's administration as this poster seems to be, but somethings do jump out at me.
1, It seems a bit early to be making budgetary claims when it will be several weeks after the fiscal year closes out before any figures are available for anyone to make any claims one way or the other.
2. Just a casual drive by the jail shows a total removal of the old junk vehicles that populated that back lot....some of which had been there as long as the previous 'administrator'
3. I have noticed when meeting the personnel of the new administration, you can clearly see who is sitting inside, unlike the other administration who must have been so ashamed of people he was forced to hire that he made a point to black out all the windows of his vehicles.
4.I bet the budget 'concerns' you are dancing and prancing about might be substantially less if just a small portion of the material, equipment, guns and ammo that disappeared between the November election and January 1, 2013 would suddenly turn up to be added back to the county coffers.
5. The new man might not know what he's doing, but at least the County isn't furnishing any of the old crowd and their family with Florida vacations in the County SUV.
You have a lot of work to do if this is all you are managing to scratch up for your run for Sheriff in 2016.
Good luck though.
Pretty good except number 5.(They actually took 3 county vehicles down to visit Mickey Mouse)
Really----Really

Braselton, GA

#797 Dec 27, 2013
Cuzs Cuz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not too privy to the inside workings of the old Sheriff's administration as this poster seems to be, but somethings do jump out at me.
1, It seems a bit early to be making budgetary claims when it will be several weeks after the fiscal year closes out before any figures are available for anyone to make any claims one way or the other.
2. Just a casual drive by the jail shows a total removal of the old junk vehicles that populated that back lot....some of which had been there as long as the previous 'administrator'
3. I have noticed when meeting the personnel of the new administration, you can clearly see who is sitting inside, unlike the other administration who must have been so ashamed of people he was forced to hire that he made a point to black out all the windows of his vehicles.
4.I bet the budget 'concerns' you are dancing and prancing about might be substantially less if just a small portion of the material, equipment, guns and ammo that disappeared between the November election and January 1, 2013 would suddenly turn up to be added back to the county coffers.
5. The new man might not know what he's doing, but at least the County isn't furnishing any of the old crowd and their family with Florida vacations in the County SUV.
You have a lot of work to do if this is all you are managing to scratch up for your run for Sheriff in 2016.
Good luck though.
Too early, then why is it already on the front page of the paper? Seems like they would have waited till all the numbers are in and then ran the article. As far as the tint on windows, that is a personal choice by our new Sheriff. I guess the State Patrol in this area are ashamed of their people as well, all of their cars have tinted windows.( as do most other LE agencies ) I am not really in the know, I am simply pointing out that the new Sheriff has not followed through with several things that he promise,.and all of my info can be found in newspaper articles that he wrote. All you have are things that you heard about and have no proof that they happened. If you say it long enough it must be true.
Just a thought

Commerce, GA

#798 Dec 27, 2013
I think Mack is doing as good a job as anyone could do under the conditions he took over. He has had to rebuild the sheriff's dept. from the ground up. The only thing that comes to mind that I fail to understand is the need for all the part time help but I am sure he has a good reason. If we need more deputies then hire them and don't rely on people who have already worked 40 or 50 hrs that week.
Really----Really

Braselton, GA

#799 Dec 27, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
I think Mack is doing as good a job as anyone could do under the conditions he took over. He has had to rebuild the sheriff's dept. from the ground up. The only thing that comes to mind that I fail to understand is the need for all the part time help but I am sure he has a good reason. If we need more deputies then hire them and don't rely on people who have already worked 40 or 50 hrs that week.
Just the response I thought I would get from one of his supporters. I am not disputing the job that he is doing, not that I see much difference than the last admin and him, the job is the same. He questioned the amount if Deputies the last admin had and said that was too many, now he has more, he said he would stay within the budget, and now it is according to the paper almost 1 mil more.... pull the records and see for yourself. Oh but I forgot he did follow through with taking the tint off the windows of the cars... so I guess I'll give him that one. I agree with you about the part-timers, but at least the 40-50 hours are in the same CITY.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#800 Dec 27, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
I think Mack is doing as good a job as anyone could do under the conditions he took over. He has had to rebuild the sheriff's dept. from the ground up. The only thing that comes to mind that I fail to understand is the need for all the part time help but I am sure he has a good reason. If we need more deputies then hire them and don't rely on people who have already worked 40 or 50 hrs that week.
Good points, but did you mean part-time or over-time?

Two thoughts, ObamaCare... With regards to both, that is; healthcare is of significant consideration either way now. In addition to, depending upon which you were referring, other mandatory employee costs,(SS, etc.) and local costs associated with new hires.

New hires in some cases supercede overtime costs.
get real

Murphy, NC

#801 Dec 27, 2013
Really----Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the response I thought I would get from one of his supporters. I am not disputing the job that he is doing, not that I see much difference than the last admin and him, the job is the same. He questioned the amount if Deputies the last admin had and said that was too many, now he has more, he said he would stay within the budget, and now it is according to the paper almost 1 mil more.... pull the records and see for yourself. Oh but I forgot he did follow through with taking the tint off the windows of the cars... so I guess I'll give him that one. I agree with you about the part-timers, but at least the 40-50 hours are in the same CITY.
Nothing different. New title and cover, but it will end up being the same book we've read in the past.
One thing Mack is learning is the real needs of the department.
His dislike for Scott clouded his vision and he felt certain elements of the department were wasteful. Now, Mack's department finds themselves unprepared.
Being sheriff in this small community isn't just about sending out officers to tell homeowners their dog needs to stop barking.

Just a thought

Clarkesville, GA

#802 Dec 27, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points, but did you mean part-time or over-time?
Two thoughts, ObamaCare... With regards to both, that is; healthcare is of significant consideration either way now. In addition to, depending upon which you were referring, other mandatory employee costs,(SS, etc.) and local costs associated with new hires.
New hires in some cases supercede overtime costs.
No It wasn't overtime I was referring to. I understood that he was using part time help from other departments. Well I would assume they are putting in 40 hours at what ever department they work at whether it be Towns county, Fannin or
Blairsville Police dept. You need people who are well rested to do that kind of work. If he needs an extra deputy why not hire one and give someone else a job and have a man dedicated to your own dept. I understand what your saying about benefits though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NGN lied in article 2 hr T Hamby 23
Places for rent. 3 hr Mountain Momma 8
Where's Timmy ? 4 hr MMA FIGHTER 13
ATT cell service or lack thereof 7 hr thankful 2
Christmas for Needy Kids in Union County (Nov '10) 11 hr Make that money b... 19
Will Trump turn Gay when he goes to prison? Oct 14 sad 18
Patriot Pumpers Oct 12 Dookie Bomb 9

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages