First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mountain Man

Dahlonega, GA

#1 Dec 5, 2012
Woke up to find my favorite country station 95.1 FM and found TALK, TALK, TALK and no country music!!! What's up?????

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 5, 2012
I believe the station was sold and as of today is talk radio. Data being processed by FCC, don't know the future of the station.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 5, 2012
https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod...

The station is now owned by Mountain Community Radio with transaction and license assignment completed on Dec.3, 2012.
The above FCC document provides details.
There are details on station programming format. Apparently it is for time being going to be talk radio.
Hope this info helps.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 5, 2012
Sorry, above Post should have stated "There are no details on station programming format."
Boring

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Dec 5, 2012
Same owner.
FL Observer

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Dec 7, 2012
Great, another talk radio local station. better than ceising to exist. Plenty of country music stations
Agree

Cleveland, GA

#7 Dec 7, 2012
MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY RADIO, LLC is selling Country WACF/YOUNG HARRIS, GA to JEFFREY T. BATTEN's WJUL RADIO, LLC for $270,000.

Sounds like they have one token hillbilly and a bunch of Floridans on the air.
Then it goes to all Fox news and crap talk.

My favorite station is WCON out of Cornelia. Live Dj's 24/7 365 days . Rare station theses days.
WCON also brocasts online.
Mountain Man wrote:
Woke up to find my favorite country station 95.1 FM and found TALK, TALK, TALK and no country music!!! What's up?????
The Grinch

Dahlonega, GA

#8 Dec 7, 2012
The station is now owned by Jeff Batten of Batten Communications, who owns WJUL 1230 AM / 97.5 FM in Hiawassee. Batten Communications announced a while back that they were buying the station and would have the same talk radio format as WJUL.
mtntop observer

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Dec 7, 2012
RUSH is on as well as Neal Boortz. No longer weak signal from Atlanta. The 21st century here in the mountains
Agree

Cleveland, GA

#10 Dec 7, 2012
as long as you can see the tower--it is less than 200 watts folks--
more like 20 watts
mtntop observer wrote:
RUSH is on as well as Neal Boortz. No longer weak signal from Atlanta. The 21st century here in the mountains
Ditto

Dawsonville, GA

#11 Dec 7, 2012
Agree wrote:
MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY RADIO, LLC is selling Country WACF/YOUNG HARRIS, GA to JEFFREY T. BATTEN's WJUL RADIO, LLC for $270,000.
Sounds like they have one token hillbilly and a bunch of Floridans on the air.
Then it goes to all Fox news and crap talk.
My favorite station is WCON out of Cornelia. Live Dj's 24/7 365 days . Rare station theses days.
WCON also brocasts online.
<quoted text>
And they found the dumbest"token hillbilly"they could have possibly flushed from the un-employment line.WJUL is gone from my dial.Dumbing down of America at its finest!
Informed Opinion

New York, NY

#12 Dec 7, 2012
mtntop observer wrote:
RUSH is on as well as Neal Boortz. No longer weak signal from Atlanta. The 21st century here in the mountains
Hey, at least it's not one of them stations that only has Right Wing shows.
Agree

Cleveland, GA

#13 Dec 7, 2012
Good post-
They had a guy on the Young Harris station last time who thought he was so funny. Toothpick?
Played weird music and hip hop crap.
Theses folks don't know their audience.

They think we locals are all stupid. And are here to save us with chamber of commerce events.....

and I bet the DJ's don't have fans in their bathrooms.
Ditto wrote:
<quoted text>
And they found the dumbest"token hillbilly"they could have possibly flushed from the un-employment line.WJUL is gone from my dial.Dumbing down of America at its finest!
FL Observer

Dawsonville, GA

#14 Dec 7, 2012
Listened to Mike Hukabee this evening. he is common sense without out the showmanship
The Grinch

Dahlonega, GA

#15 Dec 7, 2012
Ditto wrote:
<quoted text>
And they found the dumbest"token hillbilly"they could have possibly flushed from the un-employment line.WJUL is gone from my dial.Dumbing down of America at its finest!
Is this the guy who talks like Forrest Gump? Speak, Forrest, speak...
Cledus

Dawsonville, GA

#16 Dec 8, 2012
Chewing tobacco and listening to Rush Limbald don't go together. Give me some George Jones, Merle Haggard and Willie any day of the week instead of YACK, YACK, YACK.
local dude

Morganton, GA

#17 Dec 8, 2012
I like Merle and Willie too and you can hear them on all the other local stations but you couldn't hear Rush or Huckabe and all the others until now. I hope it makes it.
Silly People

Blairsville, GA

#18 Dec 10, 2012
Thought I would hear some REAL country music and instead hear some female, Nancy Grace wanna-be whining. about the election. She couldn't form a complete sentence without sputtering and carryinG on. fyi: THE ELECTION IS OVER YOU LOST, GET OVER IT OR MOVE TO IRAQ.

I though,~bleh~ and turned it off.

Later that day I went back to the station and heard some over zealous right wing idiot spouting garbage.

That push button on my radio has been changed to 97.1.

Attn: advertisers your wasting money with that station.... because we aren't buying what they are selling or what you are either.
Maybe

Cleveland, GA

#19 Dec 10, 2012
I agree!
Maybe what we are seeing is a guy who owns a broadcasting school and radio stations? Maybe a biz model where he places graduates in DJ slots?
Silly People wrote:
Thought I would hear some REAL country music and instead hear some female, Nancy Grace wanna-be whining. about the election. She couldn't form a complete sentence without sputtering and carryinG on. fyi: THE ELECTION IS OVER YOU LOST, GET OVER IT OR MOVE TO IRAQ.
I though,~bleh~ and turned it off.
Later that day I went back to the station and heard some over zealous right wing idiot spouting garbage.
That push button on my radio has been changed to 97.1.
Attn: advertisers your wasting money with that station.... because we aren't buying what they are selling or what you are either.
fan

Cleveland, GA

#20 Dec 11, 2012
I love the change. I listen while doing my housework. Very informative and interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DAKOTA SHERWOOD involved in DOLLAR STORE ROBBERY 1 hr ashley 9
dish network 2 hr Sick Man Freud Ph... 9
Seafood 3 hr Orlando Wilson 55
Reported Union Co. GOP chief arrested for sexua... 3 hr Bill Clinton 8
Letter From a Gas Chamber Man at Animal Shelter 12 hr Sad Day 1
Loonie Liberals 21 hr Student 71
blonde girl in black mercedes Sat HollyChesser 6

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Blairsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blairsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

NBC Sports 4:00AM
Cam Newton's toughness on display yet again
NBC Sports 4:11 AM
Julio Jones shows what a "stud" he is during comeback
NFL 5:05 AM
Galette: Saints locker room 'feels like a funeral'
NBC Sports 5:44 AM
Roddy White to Keenan Lewis: We just woke up out of the grave
NFL 6:21 AM
Atlanta? San Fran? Where might Rex end up next?