of 3
Next Last
omg

Lawrenceville, GA

#1 Oct 28, 2010
Gunter Was Told Of Potential Crimes And Did Nothing, Repeatedly

OCTOBER 28, 2010 6:57 AM
by PETE RANDALL · 0 COMMENTS[EDIT]

In September of 2000, Union County Commissioner Harold Cook (Republican) received a letter (see pdf here) from the law firm of Hulsey, Oliver and Mahar, LLP. Cook had asked for an audit of the Union County Tax Commissioner’s office. The audit found “four reportable conditions” including “$30,000 of funds collected prior to December 31, 1998, that remain undisbursed.” The attorneys claimed these undisbursed funds were an apparent violation of O.C.G.A. 48-5-141, and urged that Tax Commissioner J.W. Payne (Democrat) be approached about these matters immediately, and the District Attorney should be approached if the matter could not be resolved. The situation was not resolved and Enotah Judicial Circuit District Attorney (and current candidate for Court Of Appeals) Stan Gunter (then a Democrat) took no action. J.W. Payne is still the Union County Tax Commissioner.

As posted earlier, in 2004 more alleged wrongdoing in the Union County Tax Commissioner’s office came to light as Chris Bergen, then a Republican candidate for the position, ran newspaper ads showing copies of IOUs (see copies of the IOUs here) Payne had allegedly placed in the safe in his office to keep track of the money he allegedly loaned himself out of the County coffers.

Despite the newspaper ads showing IOUs and knowing about the 2000 audit detailing potential violations of State Law, Stan Gunter still did nothing and J.W. Payne remains the Union County Tax Commissioner.

Gunter’s term as District Attorney ends on December 31 and Republican District Attorney Jeff Langley will take office in January. Langley is already saying (see here and here) he intends to look into the alleged theft of over $65,000 by an employee of the Tax Commissioner’s office – yet another investigation of that office Stan Gunter did not launch.

And Stan Gunter wants to be on the Court Of Appeals?

http://www.peachpundit.com/2010/10/28/gunter-...
Be Good Johnny

Jefferson, GA

#2 Oct 28, 2010
Please ; Those of you out there with the knowledge , send this to ever county and every person possible in Georgia .
omg

Lawrenceville, GA

#3 Oct 28, 2010
Voter

Mound, MN

#4 Oct 28, 2010
upset in union

Jefferson, GA

#5 Oct 28, 2010
Be Good Johnny wrote:
Please ; Those of you out there with the knowledge , send this to ever county and every person possible in Georgia .
Joy Griggs stole 65,000 in one year . I'm sure she did n,ot get that brave all of a sudden it has been going on for years..Her daughter use to bring $50 bills to middle school------This has been going on for a long long time >Both JW and Joy have been doing it for yrs
Ann

Homer, GA

#6 Oct 28, 2010
Be Good Johnny wrote:
I agree...please do not vote Stan Gunter in for app. judge!!!!!
uhoh

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Oct 30, 2010
Cant believe this!
Scooter

Jefferson, GA

#8 Oct 30, 2010
Gunter was asked to prosecute proven criminal acts by the man who controls his budget and Gunter refused to prosecute . This happened more than a few times .
Disgusted

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Oct 30, 2010
Scooter wrote:
Gunter was asked to prosecute proven criminal acts by the man who controls his budget and Gunter refused to prosecute . This happened more than a few times .
Stan believes in the old adage..."don't bite the hand that feeds you."
GWB

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Oct 30, 2010
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text> Stan believes in the old adage..."don't bite the hand that feeds you."
JW got re-elected in 2008 without even a blink of the eye because nobody like to "rock the boat". JW was found in violation of election laws after election was over.
Stan the Man Gunter will be re-elected also. Will have the same thing happen to him after elections are over.
Deal will be elected Gubner of Georgia. Same thing will happen to him after the elections are over.
Only way to change this is for citizens to become involved in their government and make their voice be heard through their voting ballot.
WOWEE

Dahlonega, GA

#11 Oct 31, 2010
After looking at the Political Vine.com and the Peach Pundit.com I wll not be voting for Stan Gunter!
Rachel L

Dahlonega, GA

#12 Oct 31, 2010
If there is anyone with more proof of this please take it to the officials higher than county! This is unbelievable.
Bad boy

Dawsonville, GA

#13 Nov 1, 2010
He He He Har Har Har HA HA HA rolling around on the ground now. Cant stop laughing and tears rolling down my face. Quick jump ship all that are involved! Run fer them hills and take cover
upset tummy

Dawsonville, GA

#14 Nov 1, 2010
upset in union wrote:
<quoted text> Joy Griggs stole 65,000 in one year . I'm sure she did n,ot get that brave all of a sudden it has been going on for years..Her daughter use to bring $50 bills to middle school------This has been going on for a long long time >Both JW and Joy have been doing it for yrs
Goodness gracious I hope you mean stealing. My stomach turned over once or twice when you typed they had been doing for years. Thats gross
Seriously

Blairsville, GA

#15 Nov 1, 2010
It is past time for the corruption to stop in Union County. The county is becoming bigger and bigger with everyone subdividing their land and selling off. What did people expect when all of the new people got here? That they would all go along with the politics here?
I don't think so.
They got sold on land first and politics fell in after they have lived here for some time. They learned who is who and how the locals and politicians orchestrate.
I read someone years ago where someone said that the local blood lines will water down. The old ways will slowly die off and this county may stand a chance to become something more than what it is.
Instead of suiting and living up to certain posse standards, all will have a say.

This gives people who have never been heard, hope.
comedian

Jefferson, GA

#16 Nov 1, 2010
upset tummy wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness gracious I hope you mean stealing. My stomach turned over once or twice when you typed they had been doing for years. Thats gross
How funny, gross indeed.
sicko

Dawsonville, GA

#17 Nov 1, 2010
Guess this is what the Indians felt like when the pilgrams moved in?
SICK 2

Commerce, GA

#18 Nov 1, 2010
sicko wrote:
Guess this is what the Indians felt like when the pilgrams moved in?
Just think how the natives would feel if there was no DEFACS no welfare no free lunches no health clinic no food banks?
sicko

Dawsonville, GA

#19 Nov 1, 2010
No free cheese! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm crying now. Please ole move ins dont take away our dollar stores too. Whaaaaaaaaaa! Whaaaaaaaa! We'll be good. Hillbilly promise!
Seriously

Blairsville, GA

#20 Nov 2, 2010
Just think of how these upper class would feel if they have to swallow their pride and be the one in line for those services!
That is the problem with them. They don't know what it feels like and they will not be representing the middle class or poor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
computer shops 2 hr Had some comp Prob 5
Wolfscratch - Where are you? (Nov '09) 2 hr Seen it all 154
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr Cbutt 55,671
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 5 hr JayPo 2,056
Steve's Steakhouse 5 hr at who cares 92
petition to remove remaining brmemc board members 6 hr Ha HA 29
Can a Liberal be a Christian? 6 hr IM Hopper 4
GSP vs. motorcycle fatality 10 hr Georgia born 45
Lances and BRMEMC 10 hr sorry 42
BRMEMC board election results 9 13 2014 14 hr Honest Member 143
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••