sonny

Hoschton, GA

#1 Oct 4, 2013
It is really hard to believe that our country has fallen to such a sad state of affairs. It is no longer a blame game to me. The proof is right before our eyes. The whole shutdown was preplanned way in advance. The fact that the party in charge were prepared with signs and barricades to place out to close our parks and places the American people cherish. They have even closed the national cemeteries in Normandy and Europe. Ironically, you can still visit the German grave sites. This all happening on the very day the Country was shut down was not a coincidence. It took a lot of planning. I don’t see Obama and crew making any attempt to solve the problem, their game is to blame the Tea party and Republicans with their every living breath. The press has turned into a bunch of traitors. No wonder the newspapers are failing, Their slant to the news is bringing this country down, even our cherished net work news are telling outright lies to us. I thank God every day that I have access to the internet and can get a broader view of what is happening in our world.
My cherished “Church Without Walls” is even shutdown. It has been in operation for seventy six years at Lake Winfield Scott and we have to find another place to meet this Sunday. Even Brasstown is closed.
My fear is this all is a forerunner to this bunch taking over the country completely with the pretext of we need to be put under Martial law.
Paranoid? Maybe. I have lived 81 years and learned some, Cuba was fed the same rhetoric by Castro and I don't want us to end up like them. But look and listen the evidence is there!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#2 Oct 4, 2013
Here is one of my takes on the current state of affairs, watch the video;
http://www.thehousemajoritypac.com/news/new-d...
perplexing

Cornelia, GA

#3 Oct 4, 2013
and the weird thing...no politicians or their staff have been laid off. No vacations cancelled. No benefits reduced. No politicians limo drivers or security personnel have been laid off. None of the janitorial staff that clean the politician rest rooms are laid off, none of the cooks.

the only ones enjoying this are the bears, who like the unemptied garbage cans at the parks.

I bet if you implemented some politician pay reductions to equal the cut backs, we would have a resolution much sooner. Odd how that works. And odd how that's not in place. Oh, silly me.
Just Mike

Mount Airy, GA

#4 Oct 4, 2013
The shutdown came down to ONE MAN!! HR speaker John Boehner refused to let the House even vote on a continuing resolution on the evening of 30Sept. By ALL accounts it would have passed. The man is a megalomaniac... and I predict the GOP is gonna get SLAUGHTERED in the interims because of the extortion they are pulling.

Guess we'll see soon.
Rich Golfer

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Oct 4, 2013
No, the GOP isn't going to be slaughtered, because Obama is playing like a little spoilt child. This will fall back on Obama right at the time people's existing health insurance is being cancelled, and others are in shock how much insurance will cost them and their families under the new laws.

Obama wants his way and is blackmailing America to get it.

All this during the time when illegals are getting driver's licenses in California. Yes, a state issue, but a democrat issue, too.

Federal courts - open
IRS - taking money
IRS - not issuing refunds
Politicians - receiving pay and benefits.
Veterans - not.
SSI - we've been warned.

It is pick and choose what is being closed. Things that affect Mr. and Mrs. America are suffering, while things that benefit the government aren't.
Informed Opinion

Demorest, GA

#6 Oct 4, 2013
Just Mike wrote:
The shutdown came down to ONE MAN!! HR speaker John Boehner refused to let the House even vote on a continuing resolution on the evening of 30Sept. By ALL accounts it would have passed. The man is a megalomaniac... and I predict the GOP is gonna get SLAUGHTERED in the interims because of the extortion they are pulling.

Guess we'll see soon.
Great post.

How irrational do people have to be:

Right Wing Wacko House Members lost the elections,
ObamaCare became a democratically enacted law,
and having lost the democratic process,
Right Wing Wacko Losers boasted that they'd shut down America,
unless the President submits to their blackmail,
Now these same RWW Losers blame the blackmail victim for not "negotiating" with the blackmailer.

What's scary is these irrational boneheads have already reproduced, and are raising another generation of irrational boneheads.

Check This Out

Blairsville, GA

#7 Oct 4, 2013
Just Mike wrote:
The shutdown came down to ONE MAN!! HR speaker John Boehner refused to let the House even vote on a continuing resolution on the evening of 30Sept. By ALL accounts it would have passed. The man is a megalomaniac... and I predict the GOP is gonna get SLAUGHTERED in the interims because of the extortion they are pulling.
Guess we'll see soon.
See the facts without the emotion --
http://m.townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell...
Informed Opinion

Demorest, GA

#8 Oct 4, 2013
Rich Golfer wrote:
No, the GOP isn't going to be slaughtered, because Obama is playing like a little spoilt child. This will fall back on Obama right at the time people's existing health insurance is being cancelled, and others are in shock how much insurance will cost them and their families under the new laws.

Obama wants his way and is blackmailing America to get it.

All this during the time when illegals are getting driver's licenses in California. Yes, a state issue, but a democrat issue, too.

Federal courts - open
IRS - taking money
IRS - not issuing refunds
Politicians - receiving pay and benefits.
Veterans - not.
SSI - we've been warned.

It is pick and choose what is being closed. Things that affect Mr. and Mrs. America are suffering, while things that benefit the government aren't.
Let's see:

- The American people elected Senators - The American people elected House Members;
- The American people elected a President;
- The elected Congress passed ObamaCare;
- The Supreme Court upheld ObamaCare;
- ObamaCare is the Law;
- The President's job is to implement the Law;
- The President is implementing the Law;
- The Right Wingers proudly threatened to shut down the government unless the President stopped implementing the Law;
- The President refused to surrender to blackmail and is implementing the Law;

Now, all these facts are beyond dispute.
(Please try to dispute them - it would be so entertaining).

Unless you have the IQ of a walnut,
it's patently obvious the President is implementing a democratically enacted Law,
and Right Wing Wackos are terrorists blackmailing America.

And you support the blackmailing terrorists.

How you must hate America and our democracy.

Rich Golfer

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Oct 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see:
- The American people elected Senators - The American people elected House Members;
- The American people elected a President;
- The elected Congress passed ObamaCare;
- The Supreme Court upheld ObamaCare;
- ObamaCare is the Law;
- The President's job is to implement the Law;
- The President is implementing the Law;
- The Right Wingers proudly threatened to shut down the government unless the President stopped implementing the Law;
- The President refused to surrender to blackmail and is implementing the Law;
Now, all these facts are beyond dispute.
(Please try to dispute them - it would be so entertaining).
Unless you have the IQ of a walnut,
it's patently obvious the President is implementing a democratically enacted Law,
and Right Wing Wackos are terrorists blackmailing America.
And you support the blackmailing terrorists.
How you must hate America and our democracy.
Okay, so the public has a brain the size of a walnut?

You watch MSNBC, don't ya, big fella?

Terrorists? LMBO

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#10 Oct 4, 2013
Rich Golfer wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so the public has a brain the size of a walnut?
You watch MSNBC, don't ya, big fella?
Terrorists? LMBO
My news came from CBS from a child until now and I also watch CNN. I would be as angry as the rest of the world if I watched FOX.
Informed Opinion

Demorest, GA

#11 Oct 4, 2013
Rich Golfer wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so the public has a brain the size of a walnut?

You watch MSNBC, don't ya, big fella?

Terrorists? LMBO
At least your honest and that's to be admired.

Thanks for agreeing all the facts stated are accurate.

Thanks for agreeing that ObamaCare is the democratically enacted Law of the Land.

Thanks for agreeing that the Right Wing Wacko Republicans are attempting to blackmail the President into violating his duty to implement the Law.

Thanks for agreeing that the Right Wingers are simply attempting to obtain by blackmail what they were denied by the democratic process.

Your intellectual honesty is noted and noteworthy.

What do we Right Wingers who threaten to destroy the country to stop ObamaCare,
when ObamaCare was enacted through the duly elected legislature,
signed by the duly elected executive,
and upheld by the duly appointed and confirmed judiciary ?

Blackmailers ?

Terrorists ?

Hmmm .....
sonny

Hoschton, GA

#12 Oct 5, 2013
Your argument lost it's clout the minute the President started giving passes to his contributors. Only a amendment to the law by congress can legally make that determination.
walnut

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Oct 5, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see:
- The American people elected Senators - The American people elected House Members;
- The American people elected a President;
- The elected Congress passed ObamaCare;
- The Supreme Court upheld ObamaCare;
- ObamaCare is the Law;
- The President's job is to implement the Law;
- The President is implementing the Law;
- The Right Wingers proudly threatened to shut down the government unless the President stopped implementing the Law;
- The President refused to surrender to blackmail and is implementing the Law;
Now, all these facts are beyond dispute.
(Please try to dispute them - it would be so entertaining).
Unless you have the IQ of a walnut,
it's patently obvious the President is implementing a democratically enacted Law,
and Right Wing Wackos are terrorists blackmailing America.
And you support the blackmailing terrorists.
How you must hate America and our democracy.

Mr Walnut;

A dispute to your uninformed opinion.

Obamacare is not prevented from being implemented, the House has chose to not provide the funds. A huge difference.

Obama has the law, let him spend his slush fund to fund it, the House has refused, which is their constitutional right to do so.

BTW-Obama has refused to enforce the immigration laws, so tell us why Obama can pick and choose which laws he wants enforce, and the House cannot pick and choose which law they want to fund?

You are right about one thing, you have the IQ of a walnut.




Dirty South

Dahlonega, GA

#14 Oct 5, 2013
Of course it was long ago that the path was set..The Bush family, Regan,Clinton, Nixon, Carter, Johnson ..

They all had a part in setting this stage. The last true American president was put down in a Texas street like a dog.

Most citizens let the ideas of America being so immune to this type of deception ,delude them and lead them down the path we are now nearing the end of.

If you are serious about truth then point the finger at both party's and stand only for truth.
Right Wing Nut III

Cornelia, GA

#15 Oct 8, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
How irrational do people have to be:
Right Wing Wacko House Members lost the elections,
ObamaCare became a democratically enacted law,
and having lost the democratic process,
Right Wing Wacko Losers boasted that they'd shut down America,
unless the President submits to their blackmail,
Now these same RWW Losers blame the blackmail victim for not "negotiating" with the blackmailer.
What's scary is these irrational boneheads have already reproduced, and are raising another generation of irrational boneheads.
Liberal whaco above. beware.
Right Wing Nut III

Cornelia, GA

#16 Oct 8, 2013
Dirty South wrote:
Of course it was long ago that the path was set..The Bush family, Regan,Clinton, Nixon, Carter, Johnson ..
They all had a part in setting this stage. The last true American president was put down in a Texas street like a dog.
Most citizens let the ideas of America being so immune to this type of deception ,delude them and lead them down the path we are now nearing the end of.
If you are serious about truth then point the finger at both party's and stand only for truth.
Liberals like Propaganda, not truth. Nut jobs, all of them. Hurting out great Country. The Constitution is a myth to them.
Right Wing Nut III

Cornelia, GA

#17 Oct 8, 2013
walnut wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Walnut;
A dispute to your uninformed opinion.
Obamacare is not prevented from being implemented, the House has chose to not provide the funds. A huge difference.
Obama has the law, let him spend his slush fund to fund it, the House has refused, which is their constitutional right to do so.
BTW-Obama has refused to enforce the immigration laws, so tell us why Obama can pick and choose which laws he wants enforce, and the House cannot pick and choose which law they want to fund?
You are right about one thing, you have the IQ of a walnut.
Great Post!
Some might argue that a walnut is smarter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time To Clean Up Union County 3 hr love blairsville 323
Gay Marriage 3 hr cuz the bible tol... 52
Obamacare: Good or Bad ? 7 hr Union County Resi... 5
Floridiots at war with Churches ! 9 hr Timmy_ 57
Obama Gives Interview to Gay Porn Outlet 17 hr Lollipop 1
Good Neighbors in Florida Wed Florida Escapee 1
Double Homicide on 325 Wed local 13
Blairsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]