Is The Average American a Complete Id...
Just Mike

Bogart, GA

#46 Sep 30, 2012
OathKeeper wrote:
Better Off? Let's Count the Ways We're Not

Posted 09/04/2012 06:50 PM ET

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0904...
Sorry "Oath"... not gonna play "cut and paste" games (of course, "Amos" WOULD think it was a "great" post!). For every "spun" article you "Google", I could match it with one "spun" the other way. I'm not interested in debating an "article writer" that can't reply... why not "digest" what you COPIED and explain it briefly, YOURSELF. Or did you not know about "one-sided" articles? Incidentally, are you actually DEFENDING the stupidity of what "Luca" posted? Why are you answering for her?

I see this in "Amos" all the time... Googles for an article that "agrees" with his one-sided point of view, then claims "righteousness". If you are up for serious discussion, then defend your own position with what you KNOW... don't give "links" to have others do it for you- ANYBODY that Googles can do that, it's a cop out.
Amos_1

Dawsonville, GA

#47 Sep 30, 2012
Just Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry "Oath"... not gonna play "cut and paste" games (of course, "Amos" WOULD think it was a "great" post!). For every "spun" article you "Google", I could match it with one "spun" the other way. I'm not interested in debating an "article writer" that can't reply... why not "digest" what you COPIED and explain it briefly, YOURSELF. Or did you not know about "one-sided" articles? Incidentally, are you actually DEFENDING the stupidity of what "Luca" posted? Why are you answering for her?
I see this in "Amos" all the time... Googles for an article that "agrees" with his one-sided point of view, then claims "righteousness". If you are up for serious discussion, then defend your own position with what you KNOW... don't give "links" to have others do it for you- ANYBODY that Googles can do that, it's a cop out.


Well he ck, why donts youse just post a spun article that agrees with yourselfs cause youse sure cants seems to make heads or tails all on your lonesomes........


We's can sees hows youse gots suckered about whats "luca" posted, depending on someones else post that was in errors. Ohs yes, yours own righteousness is downrights shamefuls.........youse cant evens looks at a 1040 and makes your owns opinions, youse gotta go by a morphed opinion.........




for the greater good

Jefferson, GA

#48 Oct 5, 2012
Informed Opinion wrote:
A recent paper published revealed:
- Over 36 percent of all Americans are obese. It is being projected that number will rise to 42 percent by 2030, yet we subsidize agribusiness to grow corn, which we use for sweeteners and to feed cattle, the very high calorie, low value foods that cause obesity.
- Medical costs related to obesity in the United States are estimated to be approximately $147 billion a year, yet simply exercising more and eating healthier foods can prevent 60% of this obesity and related diabetes.
- All over America, our infrastructure is crumbling, yet we anticipate spending over $1 Trillion of U.S. Taxpayers dollars repairing and improving the infrastructure in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq.
- The average American watches 28 hours of television every week, yet 36% cannot spell the words television documentary, 68% admit not even knowing the channel number of CSPAN or National Geographic in their area,
- 88% of Americans exercise less than one hour a week, and 84% admit its been over two years since they read an actual book.
- U.S. corporations sell more fast food and more soda than anyone else in the world by a very wide margin, almost all high calorie fat, salt, starch and sugar combinations that further exacerbate obesity.
- The average American drinks more than 600 sodas every single year. That is by far the most in the world. Both natural and artificially sweetened sodas are linked to cancer, diabetes, malnutrition, and, of course, obesity.
- Of all the major industrialized nations, America is the most obese, has the highest rates of diabetes, and the fastest rate of growth for Type I and Type II Diabetes.
- Americans take more prescription drugs than anyone else on the planet, and spend more on ant-depressants than any other people.
- The United States has the highest rate of illegal drug use in the entire world, and imprisons a higher percentage of its citizens than any other nation on the planet, the major category for imprisonment being drug related offenses.
- The United States has the highest divorce rate in the world by a very wide margin.
- According to one study, one out of every four teen girls in the United States has at least one sexually transmitted disease, and the United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate on the entire globe.
- The United States has the highest child abuse death rate on the entire globe.
- Consumer debt in America has increased by a staggering 1700% since 1971.
Are we a nation of uneducated, lazy, drug addled morons,
giving ourselves and our children obesity by gorging on fat and carbohydrates at the fast food restaurants, washed down with gallons of sugary soda,
and when we aren't beating them,
causing them brain damage with our addition to "brain dead" TV shows ?
NO! Americans are not idiots! We all do the best we can with what we have. Many Americans are now on diets which mostly never work.
Many companies make lots of money off of weight-loss products which are harmfull to peoples health. It is best to just try to eat healthy and exericse for your health, not for lossing weight. I would recommend a very good book for further information on this subject, its called fat politics the real story behind America's obesity epidemic by J. Eric Oliver. I would also recommed to google
the name Adolphe Quetelet and bmi.

It is good to eat healthy.It is wrong to call Americans idiots!
It is also wrong to judge someone by there weight or there looks, they may have a underlying medical condition that you may not
know about and are trying there best. I know many kind people that
are deemed overweight and they are hard working citizens.
We are all created in Gods image.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#49 Oct 5, 2012
for the greater good wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! Americans are not idiots! We all do the best we can with what we have. Many Americans are now on diets which mostly never work.
Many companies make lots of money off of weight-loss products which are harmfull to peoples health. It is best to just try to eat healthy and exericse for your health, not for lossing weight. I would recommend a very good book for further information on this subject, its called fat politics the real story behind America's obesity epidemic by J. Eric Oliver. I would also recommed to google
the name Adolphe Quetelet and bmi.
It is good to eat healthy.It is wrong to call Americans idiots!
It is also wrong to judge someone by there weight or there looks, they may have a underlying medical condition that you may not
know about and are trying there best. I know many kind people that
are deemed overweight and they are hard working citizens.
We are all created in Gods image.
Eats more Possum!! Eats more Possum!! Eats more Possum!! Eats more Possum!! Eats more Possum!! Lose them extra Lbs.
GaGirl64

Okeechobee, FL

#50 Oct 5, 2012
Slow how do you fix your Possum

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#51 Oct 5, 2012
GaGirl64 wrote:
Slow how do you fix your Possum
Iz like hit baked wiff sweet taters...

http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/possum.htm
GaGirl64

Okeechobee, FL

#52 Oct 5, 2012
Well I do like sweet potatoes

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#53 Oct 5, 2012
GaGirl64 wrote:
Well I do like sweet potatoes
I like tham french fried taters. ummm
Informed Opinion

Bonita Springs, FL

#54 Oct 5, 2012
for the greater good wrote:
<quoted text>NO! Americans are not idiots! We all do the best we can with what we have. Many Americans are now on diets which mostly never work.
Many companies make lots of money off of weight-loss products which are harmfull to peoples health. It is best to just try to eat healthy and exericse for your health, not for lossing weight. I would recommend a very good book for further information on this subject, its called fat politics the real story behind America's obesity epidemic by J. Eric Oliver. I would also recommed to google
the name Adolphe Quetelet and bmi.

It is good to eat healthy.It is wrong to call Americans idiots!
It is also wrong to judge someone by there weight or there looks, they may have a underlying medical condition that you may not
know about and are trying there best. I know many kind people that
are deemed overweight and they are hard working citizens.
We are all created in Gods image.
You raise some good points.

Americans are infancy victimized by an entire industries, subsidized by tax dollars, dedicated and managed to cause obesity, sickness and death to Americans.

- We subsidize the agribusiness, creating $Billions in profits, to provide the most carbohydrate and sugar laden diet possible;
- we subsidize the chemical industry creating $Billions in profits, to create carcinogens in the form of herbicides and fertilizers and sugar substitutes because the obesity caused by the diet;
- we subsidize the pharmaceutical industry, creating $Billions in profits, to create drugs to fight the symptoms caused by the American diet.

The amazing thing is that while we spend $Billions of taxpayers money in welfare for corporations to cause illness and death,
and we provide $Billions in profits to health care companies and insurance companies to fight the completely avoidable,
but Heaven forbid we keep Phys Ed in schools, and subsidize healthy foods.

Thank God we Americans are at least entertaining in our ignorance.
GaGirl64

Blue Ridge, GA

#55 Oct 5, 2012
Sweet Potatoe Fries are really good
youse krazy

Blue Ridge, GA

#56 Oct 5, 2012
Amos_1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he ck, why donts youse just post a spun article that agrees with yourselfs cause youse sure cants seems to make heads or tails all on your lonesomes........
We's can sees hows youse gots suckered about whats "luca" posted, depending on someones else post that was in errors. Ohs yes, yours own righteousness is downrights shamefuls.........youse cant evens looks at a 1040 and makes your owns opinions, youse gotta go by a morphed opinion.........
I'm not sure why you would expect anyone with any intelligence to listen to your babling ridiculous attemp to sound like some backwoods hillbilly. Excuse me, that was an insult to anyone raised in the mountains. Even uneducated hard working backwoods folks didn't talk like this crap you spout. Youse, who the hell talks like that, even Brer Rabbit spoke better Apalachian than you. If you want to be taken seriously, quit sounding like an idiot.
for the greater good

Commerce, GA

#57 Oct 6, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>Eats more Possum!! Eats more Possum!! Eats more Possum!! Eats more Possum!! Eats more Possum!! Lose them extra Lbs.
I think I will stick to eating my vegetables for now.
Amos_1

Cleveland, GA

#58 Oct 6, 2012
youse krazy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure why you would expect anyone with any intelligence to listen to your babling ridiculous attemp to sound like some backwoods hillbilly. Excuse me, that was an insult to anyone raised in the mountains. Even uneducated hard working backwoods folks didn't talk like this crap you spout. Youse, who the hell talks like that, even Brer Rabbit spoke better Apalachian than you. If you want to be taken seriously, quit sounding like an idiot.


The title of this here thread "Is the average american a complete idiot."

The quote below tells youse whats ole Margaret thinks abouts
yourselfs........



MARGARET SANGER, AMERICAN FOUNDER OF THE BIRTH CONTROL MOVEMENT:

“We are failing to segregate morons who are increasingly multiplying … a dead weight of human waste… an ever-increasing spawning class of human beings who should never have been born at all.”

“Nuff said!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#59 Oct 7, 2012
No American is an idiot unless they allow themselves to be. It is a choice.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#60 Oct 7, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
No American is an idiot unless they allow themselves to be. It is a choice.
Unless they born in flordee or up north.
Amos_1

Cleveland, GA

#61 Oct 9, 2012

Is The Average American a Complete Idiot ?


I dont know if this fella qualifies as an idiot or not but he may have died as one........


http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/man-dies-...

Informed Opinion

Blairsville, GA

#62 Oct 9, 2012
Amos_1 wrote:
Is The Average American a Complete Idiot ?


I dont know if this fella qualifies as an idiot or not but he may have died as one........


http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/man-dies-...
Great post.

Saw that and agree he qualifies.
Lakehouse owner

Peachtree City, GA

#63 Oct 9, 2012
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God we Americans are at least entertaining in our ignorance.
We all get it. You love Obama, hate corporations and think that the American people are idiots. Your favorite poster is...surprise, You!

My guess is you do not consider yourself an "average American".

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#64 Oct 9, 2012
Lakehouse owner wrote:
<quoted text> We all get it. You love Obama, hate corporations and think that the American people are idiots. Your favorite poster is...surprise, You!
My guess is you do not consider yourself an "average American".
Is you nasayin thet he is one of them thet gots away from area 51?
Lakehouse owner

Peachtree City, GA

#65 Oct 9, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>Is you nasayin thet he is one of them thet gots away from area 51?
No Slo, that was the KKK on another thread that said if you aren't with them, you are an alien.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rib Country Waitress 2 hr BTFO 2 128
Need a good plumber 8 hr Oracle 1
Still proud of your President? 10 hr Tackless 178
Shame on you, Blairsville 10 hr Tempura 2
Who are you voting for BRMEMC board? 15 hr Skeptical Citizen 26
Cable service at BRMEMC Tue Skeptical Citizen 11
Sirens Mon FloridaTagsTho 4
Union County teacher arrested Aug 21 MMA FIGHTER 38

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages