The local hogs who feed at the taxpayer trough

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

oink oink

Troy, VA

#1 Oct 30, 2013
Who are these locals with their snouts in the county coffers and when does it end. 10 mil can feed a lot of hogs.
I know

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Oct 30, 2013
Abe Lincolns saying "Too many piglets not enough tits."
oink oink

Troy, VA

#3 Oct 30, 2013
So the county is the hog the taxpayers are the tits and the locals gourging on the tacpayer tits are the piglets pretty good analogy thanks.
Heh

Cornelia, GA

#4 Nov 3, 2013
More like tic's ...You can get bacon off of piglets .
tmv post

AOL

#5 Nov 3, 2013
YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

Thats not a play on words. I mean it seriously. You don't. If you did you could simply ask. You could file an open Record.

Let's go to Page 23 of 37 in the scanned PDF (actually numbered Pg 22 at bottom) from the 2012 Auditors Agenda Supplement to the main Audit (which it is my understanding Lamar did NOT provide the citizens when he made the Audit available.)

We've scanned the document, and made a copy available in PDF form at the following web link for reference:

http://tinyurl.com/o57tgf4

Specifically See Paragraph NUmbered (8) on the page referenced above, below of which is the excerpt ~

QUOTE:
8) During our testing of compensated absences liabilities, it was noted that the County was
not properly reporting the fund level liability for the Golf Course Fund and Meeks Park Fund. Compensated absences liabilities pertaining to the Golf Course Fund and Meeks Park Fund employees were improperly included in the Governmental Activities compensated absences liability at December 31, 2012. Audit adjustments for $4,114 and
$2,201 were required to correctly report the compensated absences liability in the Golf Course and Meeks Park Fund, respectively. Additionally, in Governmental Activities the compensated absences liability included SEVERAL EMPLOYEES WHOSE ACCRUED LEAVE HOURS ON THE COMPENSATED ABSENCES REPORT EXCEEDED THE ALLOWABLE HOURS available to carry forward to the next year. Therefore, audit adjustments totaling $24, l39 were required to remove the excess portion over the County payroll policy. We recommend the County carefully review compensated absences reports at year end to ensure that the liabilities are reported properly and that the liabilities are recorded in accordance with the County payroll policies.

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW.... Print that document, go to the next meeting, and DEMAND an answer. Say, "WHO are the "several employees" and how much overcompensated leave did they take?

It's a start. Some may be legit. Some may begin to open your eyes.

But it starts with the simple act of not being afraid of that little runt Lamar. Just stand up in mass and say "ENOUGH!! Answer the Questions"
tmv post

AOL

#6 Nov 3, 2013
PS... just to clarify. Those "Compensated Absences were for "Several Employees" and totalled $24,139.

My first question is:
Can you define Several, and give me names.

My second question is:
How much for each one of them?

My third question:
How did this happen? Who authorized it? Has he/she been fired yet?

My fourth question:
Since it was illegal overcompensation and they took my tax money, are you docking their pay to get it back for me?

You start reading on about page 16 of 37 in that document and you'll find plenty of Questions you can ask.

Here's the link again. Patient, as it can take a bit to load.

http://tinyurl.com/o57tgf4
local

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Nov 3, 2013
you can't stop all of this corruption. It's just human nature.....worse now with the lessening beliefs in GOD, and lowering of moral standards. These corrupt people are people that come from the population of us.
Prosecute these folks, bring in a new crew, and start the process all over.
Throwing lots of money in a poorly supervised cookie jar is just too tempting. People fight to get access to it.
tmv post

AOL

#8 Nov 3, 2013
Also in the Auditors Agenda Supplement in Section from page 22 of 37 in Paragraph Numbered (4)

4) During our testing of SPLOST III Fund expenditures, we noted twenty disbursements that did not include approval from a department head or project manager on the face of the invoice or other available supporting documentation.

AGAIN, and this one is a big one -

QUESTION 1:
Can you list those Checks, the Amounts, and the Entities paid?

QUESTION 2:
Can you justify the payments and explain why their is No Approval, and no Supporting Documentation?

QUESTION 3:
When you received this in the Auditors Report, what steps did you take to investigate or ascertain fully the scope of the issue?

Again, the Citizens have no idea what is going on here - because obviously Accounting Policy at the County level is so slack that the County can't keep up with what money is coming in and going out.

SOLUTION: Find out.

HOW: Forensic Audit.
tmv post

AOL

#9 Nov 3, 2013
tmv post wrote:
4) During our testing of SPLOST III Fund expenditures, we noted twenty disbursements that did not include approval from a department head or project manager on the face of the invoice or other available supporting documentation.
PS... Another big question.

WHO CUT THOSE CHECKS PAYABLE?

I mean, if a request for payment comes by your desk, and you are the person responsible for writing checks, and assumably there is some sort of authorization policy / process in place, WHY IN THE WORLD would someone write TWENTY CHECKS that had no authorization, and no supporting documentation.

REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THIS TURNS OUT TO BE ACTUAL THEFT OR NOT - IT IS STILL A PROBLEM WHEN THE PERSON(S) IN CHARGE OF WRITING CHECKS SEEM WILLING TO DO IT FOR ANY REASON.

So the last question would again be...
WAS THIS PERSON FIRED?
questions

Blairsville, GA

#10 Nov 3, 2013
tmv post wrote:
<quoted text>
PS... Another big question.
WHO CUT THOSE CHECKS PAYABLE?
I mean, if a request for payment comes by your desk, and you are the person responsible for writing checks, and assumably there is some sort of authorization policy / process in place, WHY IN THE WORLD would someone write TWENTY CHECKS that had no authorization, and no supporting documentation.
REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THIS TURNS OUT TO BE ACTUAL THEFT OR NOT - IT IS STILL A PROBLEM WHEN THE PERSON(S) IN CHARGE OF WRITING CHECKS SEEM WILLING TO DO IT FOR ANY REASON.
So the last question would again be...
WAS THIS PERSON FIRED?
Who were the checks made out to?

Were they for valid SPLOST expenditures as required by Georgia law?

Here's a Federal law that all state and local government employees throughout the US should be aware of

http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_readin...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 14 min rename 55,489
Wake up floridiots Naming your driveway is stupid. 1 hr Slowpoks Boy 34
Steve's Steakhouse 2 hr Roxanne 49
BRMEMC board election results 9 13 2014 7 hr Fed Up Member 126
GSP vs. motorcycle fatality 9 hr PeggySue 32
Lances and BRMEMC 10 hr Could B 32
Tanyard Truck Stop 12 hr realtor 9
BRMEMC Board and Akins Wed 1 Member 49
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs