Do you approve of Jim Conley as Mayor?

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Smithkenlisa@gma il.com

Phenix City, AL

#1 Apr 27, 2012
Yes, I really like our mayor. He has been very supportive of issues that will benefit our city, he has always been very personable . He has taken the time to speak with me personally on the phone and attend ribbon cuts even with his busy schedule. Thanx , Mr. Mayor
notmeme

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Apr 27, 2012
Not too impressed. I feel like we have mostly seen higher taxes and fees, selective enforcement of the junk ordnance, a deteriorating downtown. If I want someone nice to talk to, well, I have friends for that. Other then talking to you and getting his face in the paper.....what has he done to make you satisfied? I have not seen much, though I agree he seems like a decent person.
lulzigaggin

Demorest, GA

#3 Apr 27, 2012
Conley probably farted..

“Honesty & Integrity”

Since: Mar 12

Blairsville, GA

#4 Apr 27, 2012
He approves of the TSPLOST. That's not good.

I also think he does whatever the big kahuna wants him to do.

And I'm sure he's a good man.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5 Apr 28, 2012
Just a puppet and everyone knows who pulls the strings. Biased and makes no attempt to hide it.
maybe

Clarkesville, GA

#6 Apr 30, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
Just a puppet and everyone knows who pulls the strings. Biased and makes no attempt to hide it.
Agreed!!

Location hidden

#7 May 2, 2012
Looks as though Judge Struble has taken the wind out of the sails of our good mayor and council. He needs to hold them personally responsbile for their actions and give the sign company a large enough settlement to change their mode of operation. They have done as they please a little to long.
Johnny

Jefferson, GA

#8 May 2, 2012
Do not approve of any on city council .
Tsplost

Dawsonville, GA

#9 May 2, 2012

So how much money does the taxpayer gotta pony up to pay for the Mayor's mistake and hard headedness?

Location hidden

#10 May 3, 2012
The mayor and council are under the impression that they have insurance to pay for their shenagians but I don't think you can buy insurance to cover an illegal act. Their is a law concering immunity but there again it is only when you deal in good faith. Maybe a couple more lawsuits should be filed just to drive the point home.
Blue Bird

Jefferson, GA

#11 May 3, 2012
I don't understand why our legislature and local governments get into trouble passing unconstitutional laws. I thought that is what the county attorney and Attornery General was there for, to advise.

Location hidden

#12 May 3, 2012
Blue Bird wrote:
I don't understand why our legislature and local governments get into trouble passing unconstitutional laws. I thought that is what the county attorney and Attornery General was there for, to advise.
You must have someone willing to accept legal advice before that advice is any good. Our Mayor and Council think they are smarter than the city attorney. There is another law suit looming over the exact same thing.
Mayor needed

Dawsonville, GA

#13 May 18, 2012
Does the City of Blairsville need a Mayor and a Police Department? Seems that both could be elliminated and save the city a lot of money. Maybe I'm missing something.
neighbor

Cornelia, GA

#14 Oct 19, 2013
About as worthless as any human can be.
Just a thought

Cornelia, GA

#15 Oct 20, 2013
People who vote for Conley only uphold the opinion that locals are dumb and uneducated. He is an embarrassment to the city of Blairsville. Can't you imagine what other mayors think when he goes to meetings. Have anyone noticed that he never tells his education or work experience? There is a reason.
tmv post

AOL

#17 Oct 20, 2013
Excerpt from NEWS REPORT:
Page 9 of 24

" Below are other recent land purchases of note which could potentially be another County land buy:

Old Haralson Properties LLC Land: On August 8, 2012 the Downtown Development Authority of Blairsville purchased the combined 8.27 Acre Parcels B02-065 & B02-065A for $2,000,000.$2,000,000 divided by 8.27 acres =$241,838 / acre. The sale granted Union County “First Right of Refusal” on a portion of the property that includes land already leased by the county until 2014."
TOM

Jefferson, GA

#18 Aug 22, 2014
needs to improve
just the way it is

Commerce, GA

#19 Aug 22, 2014
TOM wrote:
needs to improve
will never happen in his life time, just putting the city deeper in debt, trying to keep up with lamar
Jimbo

Jefferson, GA

#20 Aug 23, 2014
Ask him where he got his management skills? Ask him what education he has. Ask him how many children he has and where they are. Ask him what he retried from. When you get the answers ask yourself why you would ever vote for him. I saw in the paper where the Mason's had honored him. I had always thought well of them until that. They must have started at the bottom of the list and be working upward.
PARRIS

Jefferson, GA

#21 Aug 23, 2014
Just a thought wrote:
People who vote for Conley only uphold the opinion that locals are dumb and uneducated. He is an embarrassment to the city of Blairsville. Can't you imagine what other mayors think when he goes to meetings. Have anyone noticed that he never tells his education or work experience? There is a reason.
What education?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time To Clean Up Union County 1 hr Jimbo 245
Road Department 4 hr Beetle 2
head pub in jail?? 17 hr trail90 58
The blairsville dopewhore 21 hr trail90 4
Snow plow road needed Thu trail90 4
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts (Jul '14) Wed Rcflyer007 61
BRMEMC minutes of Board Meeting Feb 25 My Thought 3

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match