First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#1 Mar 25, 2013
Former Presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced today that he is changing party affiliation to become a Democrat.

Governor Romney stated:

"My fellow Americans, the time has come to face facts and join reality in acknowledging the obvious.

Please allow me to address the undisputed history of budget deficits and the national debt in the not too distant past.

- In 2009, President Bush's last budget, he ran an annual budget deficit of $1.3 Trillion Dollars - not including the costs of the "off budget" wars estimated at over an additional One Trillion Dollars.

- President Obama also inherited the additional interest costs of the additional Trillions of Dollars in debt created by Bush's annual deficit spending;

- President Obama also inherited a banking and housing debacle and crisis of epic proportions, requiring over $1.4 Trillion in government spending, at the same time he inherited the greatest recession since the Great Depression.

- President Obama has cut President Bush's annual budget deficit by over Five Hundred Billion Dollars,resulting in President Obama's 2013 deficit being estimated at Nine Hundred Billion Dollars - still too high, but nearly 40% less than President Bush's deficit created after President Bush inherited a budget surplus.

- It has come time to admit, after we acknowledge President Clinton, who inherited huge deficits from President Reagan, and left office with budget surpluses,
and
after we acknowledge that President Obama inherited even worse deficits, as well as worst economy since the Great Depression, and has already dramatically cut deficit spending and substantially improved the economy;

That moderate Democrats have proven to be better managers of the economy and the country than we Right Wing Republicans.

My Dad taught me that only a fool ignores the obvious - and that all the facts can't be wrong all the time.

So I am changing my party affiliation and becoming a moderate Democrat, a member of a party, that at least in recent time, has demonstrated fiscal sanity and proven success.

May God bless you, and may God bless America.

Disclaimer:
The above is sarcasm and not intended to be taken seriously. No politician is that honest.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#2 Mar 25, 2013
Thanks GOP, but you keep him.
Inormed Onion

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Mar 25, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Former Presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced today that he is changing party affiliation to become a Democrat.
Governor Romney stated:
"My fellow Americans, the time has come to face facts and join reality in acknowledging the obvious.
Please allow me to address the undisputed history of budget deficits and the national debt in the not too distant past.
- In 2009, President Bush's last budget, he ran an annual budget deficit of $1.3 Trillion Dollars - not including the costs of the "off budget" wars estimated at over an additional One Trillion Dollars.
- President Obama also inherited the additional interest costs of the additional Trillions of Dollars in debt created by Bush's annual deficit spending;
- President Obama also inherited a banking and housing debacle and crisis of epic proportions, requiring over $1.4 Trillion in government spending, at the same time he inherited the greatest recession since the Great Depression.
- President Obama has cut President Bush's annual budget deficit by over Five Hundred Billion Dollars,resulting in President Obama's 2013 deficit being estimated at Nine Hundred Billion Dollars - still too high, but nearly 40% less than President Bush's deficit created after President Bush inherited a budget surplus.
- It has come time to admit, after we acknowledge President Clinton, who inherited huge deficits from President Reagan, and left office with budget surpluses,
and
after we acknowledge that President Obama inherited even worse deficits, as well as worst economy since the Great Depression, and has already dramatically cut deficit spending and substantially improved the economy;
That moderate Democrats have proven to be better managers of the economy and the country than we Right Wing Republicans.
My Dad taught me that only a fool ignores the obvious - and that all the facts can't be wrong all the time.
So I am changing my party affiliation and becoming a moderate Democrat, a member of a party, that at least in recent time, has demonstrated fiscal sanity and proven success.
May God bless you, and may God bless America.
Disclaimer:
The above is sarcasm and not intended to be taken seriously. No politician is that honest.
Most of what you write is sarcasm and not to be taken seriously. But, thanks for finally admitting that which we already knew.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#4 Mar 25, 2013
Inormed Onion wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of what you write is sarcasm and not to be taken seriously. But, thanks for finally admitting that which we already knew.
Wondering if you can really tell the difference...

Obama Bans Gimmicks, and Deficit Will Rise
By JACKIE CALMES
Published: February 19, 2009
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/20/us/politics...

WASHINGTON For his first annual budget next week, President Obama has banned four accounting gimmicks that President George W. Bush used to make deficit projections look smaller. The price of more honest bookkeeping: A budget that is $2.7 trillion deeper in the red over the next decade than it would otherwise appear, according to administration officials.

The new accounting involves spending on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Medicare reimbursements to physicians and the cost of disaster responses.
Inormed Onion

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Mar 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering if you can really tell the difference...
Obama Bans Gimmicks, and Deficit Will Rise
By JACKIE CALMES
Published: February 19, 2009
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/20/us/politics...
WASHINGTON For his first annual budget next week, President Obama has banned four accounting gimmicks that President George W. Bush used to make deficit projections look smaller. The price of more honest bookkeeping: A budget that is $2.7 trillion deeper in the red over the next decade than it would otherwise appear, according to administration officials.
The new accounting involves spending on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Medicare reimbursements to physicians and the cost of disaster responses.
It appears that this "new accounting" may be the reason why it took 4 years to present a budget. "More honest bookkeeping"? From this, maybe the most dishonest administration ever? The NY Times does have an uncanny approach to their comedic blatherings.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#6 Mar 25, 2013
Inormed Onion wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that this "new accounting" may be the reason why it took 4 years to present a budget. "More honest bookkeeping"? From this, maybe the most dishonest administration ever? The NY Times does have an uncanny approach to their comedic blatherings.
Unfortunately,
it took even longer
to unskew the picture.
Blather on elephant dung.

"four accounting gimmicks that President George W. Bush used to make deficit projections look smaller."
Inormed Onion

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Mar 25, 2013
I may be misunderstanding your post. What you are saying is that President Bush, referred to on a continual basis as a moron, imbecile, dummy and idiot devised an accpimtomg propcedire what was so complicated and devious, that it took four years to discover.

That is almost, but, not quite as good as the much employed procedure whereby a "spending cut" by the Democrats is really a cut in the amount of projeted increase then multiplied by 10 so it seems like a lot. Or, maybe a better one would e the much touted "surplus" lett by Clinton, which was not a real surplus but a projected surplus. No wonder, the people in D.C. think we are all stupid since we buy their b.s.

BTW, you referred to elephant dung. I assume you know what the white stuff is on chicken sh=t. It's just more chicken sh-t.
Yeppers

Opelika, AL

#8 Mar 25, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Former Presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced today that he is changing party affiliation to become a Democrat.
Governor Romney stated:
"My fellow Americans, the time has come to face facts and join reality in acknowledging the obvious.
Please allow me to address the undisputed history of budget deficits and the national debt in the not too distant past.
- In 2009, President Bush's last budget, he ran an annual budget deficit of $1.3 Trillion Dollars - not including the costs of the "off budget" wars estimated at over an additional One Trillion Dollars.
- President Obama also inherited the additional interest costs of the additional Trillions of Dollars in debt created by Bush's annual deficit spending;
- President Obama also inherited a banking and housing debacle and crisis of epic proportions, requiring over $1.4 Trillion in government spending, at the same time he inherited the greatest recession since the Great Depression.
- President Obama has cut President Bush's annual budget deficit by over Five Hundred Billion Dollars,resulting in President Obama's 2013 deficit being estimated at Nine Hundred Billion Dollars - still too high, but nearly 40% less than President Bush's deficit created after President Bush inherited a budget surplus.
- It has come time to admit, after we acknowledge President Clinton, who inherited huge deficits from President Reagan, and left office with budget surpluses,
and
after we acknowledge that President Obama inherited even worse deficits, as well as worst economy since the Great Depression, and has already dramatically cut deficit spending and substantially improved the economy;
That moderate Democrats have proven to be better managers of the economy and the country than we Right Wing Republicans.
My Dad taught me that only a fool ignores the obvious - and that all the facts can't be wrong all the time.
So I am changing my party affiliation and becoming a moderate Democrat, a member of a party, that at least in recent time, has demonstrated fiscal sanity and proven success.
May God bless you, and may God bless America.
Disclaimer:
The above is sarcasm and not intended to be taken seriously. No politician is that honest.
Not to mention what a fool you are!
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Mar 25, 2013
Inormed Onion wrote:
BTW, you referred to elephant dung. I assume you know what the white stuff is on chicken sh=t. It's just more chicken sh-t.
What we get from you with every post.
Boring.
Informed Opinion

United States

#10 Mar 25, 2013
Yeppers wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention what a fool you are!
Thanks

Again, more proof that when confronted by overwhelming documented facts, Right Wingers revert to third grade responses, hoping nobody notices they can't rebut the obvious.

Please continue doing so, every time proves again and again that Right Wingers are emotionally driven and just too insecure to re-evaluate in light if indisputable facts.
Dr Seuss

Dawsonville, GA

#11 Mar 25, 2013
I apologize to everyone for letting Thing 1 and Thing 2 out of their box.
Informed Opinion

United States

#12 Mar 25, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>What we get from you with every post.
Boring.
I think you were confused by the screen name.

I'm the boring one who keeps bringing up those boring facts.

This is a different fellow/lady.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#13 Mar 25, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you were confused by the screen name.
I'm the boring one who keeps bringing up those boring facts.
This is a different fellow/lady.
you are correct for the first time in a post. Thank you.
Boring.
suggestion

Cleveland, GA

#14 Mar 25, 2013
Romney has always been a democrat as far as I know. I think the only person he fooled was that O reilly fella on fox news.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#15 Mar 25, 2013
Inormed Onion wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of what you write is sarcasm and not to be taken seriously. But, thanks for finally admitting that which we already knew.
What you had my hopes up. The democrats can have him.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#16 Mar 25, 2013
Inormed Onion wrote:
I may be misunderstanding your post. What you are saying is that President Bush, referred to on a continual basis as a moron, imbecile, dummy and idiot devised an accpimtomg propcedire what was so complicated and devious, that it took four years to discover.

That is almost, but, not quite as good as the much employed procedure whereby a "spending cut" by the Democrats is really a cut in the amount of projeted increase then multiplied by 10 so it seems like a lot. Or, maybe a better one would e the much touted "surplus" lett by Clinton, which was not a real surplus but a projected surplus. No wonder, the people in D.C. think we are all stupid since we buy their b.s.

BTW, you referred to elephant dung. I assume you know what the white stuff is on chicken sh=t. It's just more chicken sh-t.
Bush's hiding the fact he exploded the deficit and national debt even higher than he admitted by keeping his wars "off budget" was so obvious it was recognized and criticized at the time over and over by rational Americans and the news media - except Fox Noise of course.

Progressives and Moderate called him on the dishonesty.

Right Wingers, who really don't care about deficits and debt as long as Republicans cause them, let him get away with it.

Remember them screaming when Bush, who inherited a budget surplus, created an annual budget deficit of $1.4 Trillion Dollars, even hiding the cost of the wars ?

Me neither.

Remember Ronnie Ray-Gun who exploded the deficit and national debt being called an economic buffoon by the Right Wing ?

Me neither.

Bush' "off budget" concealment of the costs of his wars was not only well reported, it was expected. Having lied us into war, of course lied about the costs. It's what Right Wing politicians do best.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#17 Mar 25, 2013
CNN-

"President Obama's administration is ending the Bush/Cheney policy of keeping the war costs for both wars off the books.

This creates a temporary misconception about "spending" that worked against President Obama, so adding these costs into the figures of the budget seems like a huge "spending increase" instead of a simple reporting of the truth"
Pesky Facts

Dawsonville, GA

#18 Mar 25, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
CNN-
"President Obama's administration is ending the Bush/Cheney policy of keeping the war costs for both wars off the books.
This creates a temporary misconception about "spending" that worked against President Obama, so adding these costs into the figures of the budget seems like a huge "spending increase" instead of a simple reporting of the truth"
Get off your high horse.
As you have stated many times, those pesky facts are always there.

Presidents in order of creating most debt.

#1 One term in office.
President Obama contributed the most to the debt, with cumulative
deficits totaling $5.073 trillion in just four years.

#2 Two terms in office.
President Bush is next, racking up $3.294 trillion over two terms.
He responded to the attacks on 9/11 by launching the War on Terror.
This drove military spending to a new records,
between $600-$800 billion a year.

#3Two terms in office.
President Reagan added $1.412 trillion to the debt during his two
terms.

#4 One term in office.
President George H.W. Bush added $1.03 trillion to the debt in one
term.

President Barack Obama: First Term =$5.073 trillion.

FY 2013 -$901 billion.
FY 2012 -$1.327 trillion.
FY 2011 -$1.299 trillion.
FY 2010 -$1.546 ($1.293 trillion plus $253 billion from the
Obama Stimulus Act that was attached to the FY 2009 budget).

President George W. Bush: First Term =$1.267 trillion.
Second Term =$2.027 trillion. Total =$3.294.

FY 2009 -$1.16 trillion.($1.416 trillion minus $253 billion
from Obama's Stimulus Act)
FY 2008 -$458 billion.
FY 2007 -$161 billion.
FY 2006 -$248 billion.
FY 2005 -$318 billion.
FY 2004 -$413 billion.
FY 2003 -$378 billion.
FY 2002 -$158 billion.

President Bill Clinton: First Term =$496 billion.
Second Term =($559 billion surplus). Total =($63 billion surplus).

FY 2001 -$128 billion surplus.
FY 2000 -$236 billion surplus.
FY 1999 -$126 billion surplus.
FY 1998 -$69 billion surplus.
FY 1997 -$22 billion.
FY 1996 -$107 billion.
FY 1995 -$164 billion.
FY 1994 -$203 billion.

President George H.W. Bush: First Term =$1.03 trillion.

FY 1993 -$255 billion.
FY 1992 -$290 billion.
FY 1991 -$269 billion.
FY 1990 -$221 billion.

President Ronald Reagan: First Term =$733 billion.
Second Term =$679 billion. Total =$1.412 trillion.

FY 1989 -$153 billion.
FY 1988 -$155 billion.
FY 1987 -$150 billion.
FY 1986 -$221 billion.
FY 1985 -$212 billion.
FY 1984 -$185 billion.
FY 1983 -$208 billion.
FY 1982 -$128 billion.
Pesky Facts

Dawsonville, GA

#19 Mar 25, 2013
Notice that year the 2009 deficit was given to Bush II.
Yeppers

Anniston, AL

#20 Mar 25, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
Again, more proof that when confronted by overwhelming documented facts, Right Wingers revert to third grade responses, hoping nobody notices they can't rebut the obvious.
Please continue doing so, every time proves again and again that Right Wingers are emotionally driven and just too insecure to re-evaluate in light if indisputable facts.
Well maybe next time that you try and take a stab at humor, do something that is actually funny, like maybe Obammy being deported along with Biden, Hillary, Reid, Pelosi, Feinstein and all the rest of the liberal trash that we have in this Country. Now that would be funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min CeeBee 55,935
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 21 min Glad to help 2,061
Can a Liberal be a Christian? 54 min Helicopter 33
Steve's Steakhouse 55 min Jase 118
To Union County City and County Employees 1 hr Charlene - Union ... 3
Domestic Violence 1 hr Blairsville Has S... 3
computer shops 1 hr Love Blairsville 7
GSP vs. motorcycle fatality 2 hr PARRIS 53
brmemc 15 hr Larry M 392
Lances and BRMEMC Sep 21 sorry 42
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blairsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blairsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••