$42M internet upgrade in N GA.......h...

$42M internet upgrade in N GA.......how's your service

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

pokey

Commerce, GA

#1 Aug 13, 2013
pokey

Commerce, GA

#2 Aug 13, 2013
check your speed:

http://www.speedtest.net/
Just Mike

Jefferson, GA

#3 Aug 13, 2013
pokey wrote:
check your speed:

http://www.speedtest.net/
Seems to be getting better in the Trackrock Gap area in the past couple of months- faster and more stable. Previously it had been absolutely abominable from Windstream.

Also try: speedtest.windstream.net

If you
You really want to know

Talmo, GA

#4 Aug 14, 2013
what my internet service is like with the recent upgrade...it sucks! Still! In fact...it is worse, if you can believe that. Windstream has gotten slower in the past few weeks and we are a spit from 129, just south of town.
Windstream

Commerce, GA

#6 Aug 14, 2013
You really want to know wrote:
what my internet service is like with the recent upgrade...it sucks! Still! In fact...it is worse, if you can believe that. Windstream has gotten slower in the past few weeks and we are a spit from 129, just south of town.
We are happy to announce a discount for sub-stamdard service to all of our customers in 'spit distance'. We appreciate your $42M tax dollars, and my kids just love their new jet skis; almost as much as the BRMEMC board members love their 'do nothing' paychecks' during their retirement. You folks are great!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7 Aug 14, 2013
pokey wrote:
http://georgia.gov/blog/2012-0 8-30/north-georgia-receives-fa ster-internet-connections
You do realize that this article is dealing with the fiber-optic network, not DSL provided over analog phone lines.
Pokey

Commerce, GA

#8 Aug 14, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that this article is dealing with the fiber-optic network, not DSL provided over analog phone lines.
And.....your point?

The NGN fiber optic line will run right on 515, through Young Harris/YHC. All internet will be connected to it eventually.

No more DSL analog, or climbing up the pole to ask Mabel to connect you.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#9 Aug 14, 2013
Pokey wrote:
<quoted text>
And.....your point?
The NGN fiber optic line will run right on 515, through Young Harris/YHC. All internet will be connected to it eventually.
No more DSL analog, or climbing up the pole to ask Mabel to connect you.
Doesn't matter one bit whether some of your traffic is traveling on fiber, unless you've got fiber to the house the speed you experience will still be controlled by DSL over analog lines. What do you think the extent of fiber coverage is in Union County, if you're on a tributary of a main county road don't hold your breathe waiting for fiber availability.
When

Dahlonega, GA

#10 Aug 14, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter one bit whether some of your traffic is traveling on fiber, unless you've got fiber to the house the speed you experience will still be controlled by DSL over analog lines. What do you think the extent of fiber coverage is in Union County, if you're on a tributary of a main county road don't hold your breathe waiting for fiber availability.

Dam, you're right for once in 20,000 posts.
Just Mike

Jefferson, GA

#11 Aug 14, 2013
When wrote:
<quoted text>Dam, you're right for once in 20,000 posts.
Gosh... "Oh My" will be SO THRILLED that she has finally met YOUR approval, since EVERYBODY gives a #### what YOU think. Thanks SO MUCH for YOUR post of enlightenment. Please, PLEASE post again, Your Highness...

Better yet, just STFU... please?
When

Dahlonega, GA

#12 Aug 15, 2013
Just Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh... "Oh My" will be SO THRILLED that she has finally met YOUR approval, since EVERYBODY gives a #### what YOU think. Thanks SO MUCH for YOUR post of enlightenment. Please, PLEASE post again, Your Highness...
Better yet, just STFU... please?

GFY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's so difficult about the 515/Walmart inter... 24 min Wilbur 25
Unity Church of the Mts -- heresy Sat Reverend Jim 57
Looking for new school superintendent Sat Pay up sucka 12
BRMEMC winter storm grade Dec 15 Zippy 42
money question? Dec 15 Velvet Jones 29
BEER is BACTERIA PEE.....enjoy! (Jul '10) Dec 14 Beer Mr 13
Friend, Lover? Dec 14 Dirk Diggler 12

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance