Georgia judge enters guilty pleas, re...

Georgia judge enters guilty pleas, resigns

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

Parts

Maysville, GA

#1 Dec 12, 2012
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
With guilty pleas to felony charges, a South Georgia judge on Wednesday became the state’s eight jurist to leave office this year after being investigated on allegations of misconduct
Camden County Probate Judge Shirley Wise pleaded guilty to three counts — theft by taking, theft by deception and violation of her oath of office — District Attorney Brian Rickman said.
Wise was sentenced under the First Offender Act to seven years on probation and fined $1,000. She also turned over $5,500 in restitution to the Camden Board of Commissioners and agreed to not seek or accept appointment to public office.
Parts

Maysville, GA

#2 Dec 12, 2012
Maybe we will get some honest folks in office here in the mountains?
Remembers

Atlanta, GA

#3 Dec 12, 2012
How many mountains do you think they have in South Georgia?
Parts

Maysville, GA

#4 Dec 12, 2012
The JQC had referred its initial investigative findings against Wise to the state Attorney General’s Office, which then appointed Rickman, the district attorney for the Mountain Judicial Circuit in northeast Georgia, to oversee any possible criminal prosecution.
Remembers wrote:
Parts

Maysville, GA

#5 Dec 12, 2012
In Waycross,Ga there is Tiger mountain. That is where "Miller Cave" is located.
Parts

Maysville, GA

#6 Dec 12, 2012
You have Stone mountain outside of Atlanta, most of us consider Atlanta south Georgia.
Remembers wrote:
big news

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Dec 12, 2012
Parts wrote:
You have Stone mountain outside of Atlanta, most of us consider Atlanta south Georgia.
<quoted text>
There are three very different Georgia's. North Georgia, South Georgia, and Atlanta.....
Remembers

Atlanta, GA

#8 Dec 12, 2012
Parts wrote:
In Waycross,Ga there is Tiger mountain. That is where "Miller Cave" is located.
There is no Tiger Mountain in Waycross. I know the song that came from but that Tiger Mountain is fictional.
Remembers

Atlanta, GA

#9 Dec 12, 2012
Parts wrote:
<quoted text>
I've lived in Georgia my whole life and been all over the state from top to bottom. I have never ever heard of Atlanta as being referred to as part of South Georgia. You're really grasping for context there.
Lamar

Cleveland, GA

#10 Dec 12, 2012
Oh No: This isn't good. What are they trying to do. Keep them out of Union County.
The Grinch

Dahlonega, GA

#11 Dec 12, 2012
Remembers wrote:
<quoted text>
I've lived in Georgia my whole life and been all over the state from top to bottom. I have never ever heard of Atlanta as being referred to as part of South Georgia. You're really grasping for context there.
Anyplace south of Neel Gap is South Georgia to most of us...
Parts

Canton, GA

#12 Dec 14, 2012
Another judge accused of misconduct

Posted: 6:47 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14, 2012
Another judge accused of misconduct

By Rhonda Cook
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
A South Georgia judge is under investigation over allegations that he let politics and friendships dictate his actions in court.
The notice of the investigation came days after another judge pleaded guilty to three felonies and became the eighth state jurist to leave office this year after allegations of misconduct.
Grady County State Court Judge J. William Bass Sr. is accused of being vindictive against people he believed had supported his political opponent; of asking for a pay raise for his part-time work based on the amount of money he collected in fines; and of exceeding his authority in setting fines to “maximize” revenue collection for the county.
Remembers wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheer up democrapts. 31 min The WB 16
Cafe 34 min The WB 11
Blairsville or Union Animal Hospital??? (Sep '11) 55 min gapeach706 58
r b (Jun '12) 2 hr Union County Has ... 215
Fall in Florida 2 hr Anthony Weiner 27
Walmart Blairsville's Pollution Problem - HELP! 10 hr The Trashman 28
Transplant 11 hr Timmy is gay 41

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance