The RepDem Party is intent on destroy...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Informed Opinion

United States

#21 Jul 4, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>Awwww-you're just fixated on homosexuality and $$$'s in this post. Seems to be a BIG fixation for you.
I think you're cute !!!

Does that count ?
Who

Talmo, GA

#22 Jul 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're cute !!!
Does that count ?
Not really but Oh my likes you.
Informed Opinion

United States

#23 Jul 4, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>Not really but Oh my likes you.
She's nice, but without your respect and affection, it just isn't the same.
Who

Talmo, GA

#24 Jul 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
She's nice, but without your respect and affection, it just isn't the same.

Sorry wormy, you're just gonna have to take it to the gay thread to get the guy you want. I'm definitely a woman's man.

I've warned you before about being gay and the rejection you'll get. After your last post, even Oh my may give up on you.
Informed Opinion

United States

#25 Jul 6, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry wormy, you're just gonna have to take it to the gay thread to get the guy you want. I'm definitely a woman's man.

I've warned you before about being gay and the rejection you'll get. After your last post, even Oh my may give up on you.
Damn.

And I was so hopeful - well, I guess it'll be me and the wife and kids after all.

On a positive note:

I just read Venezuela offered asylum to Snowden.

Apparently, Venezuela's leaders don't claim the right to secretly assassinate anyone they chose, to spy on their own citizens, and to force down planes carrying presidents of sovereign countries.

Imagine, Venezuela is more respectful of Constitutional Rights than America.

Now that's embarrassing.

Ah well... We all just have to increase our contributions to the ACLU... the last group defending America's Constitution.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#26 Jul 7, 2013
Isn't it great !

We have a "Secret" and "Parallel" Supreme Court that you:
- cannot know when it meets,
- cannot know what "Judges" are on it,
- cannot know what "cases" it decides,
- cannot what "authority" it claims,
- cannot know when it "rules", and
- cannot know what it rules on.

Reveal any of these and you commit a crime, you are an "enemy" of the state, and susceptible to secret kidnapping, imprisonment, and ....

Please, someone tell me again how the president that claims this power is a "liberal" ?

NY Times-

The 11-member Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, known as the FISA court, was once mostly focused on approving case-by-case wiretapping orders.
But since major changes in legislation and greater judicial oversight of intelligence operations were instituted six years ago, it has quietly become almost a parallel Supreme Court, serving as the ultimate arbiter on surveillance issues and delivering opinions that will most likely shape intelligence practices for years to come, the officials said.

Anyone remember the "Secret Tribunals" in the Soviet Union under Stalin and Krushchev ?

Sound familiar ?

Yep..., let's all get excited about the terrorist boogeyman and whether Joan marries Wilma.
Just Mike

Toccoa, GA

#27 Jul 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>On a positive note:

I just read Venezuela offered asylum to Snowden.

Apparently, Venezuela's leaders don't claim the right to secretly assassinate anyone they chose, to spy on their own citizens, and to force down planes carrying presidents of sovereign countries.

Imagine, Venezuela is more respectful of Constitutional Rights than America.

Now that's embarrassing.
AARRRGGGHH.... first you suggest Snowden is a "patriot", and now you say we should be "embarrassed" by Venezuela's display of "liberty-like" gestures?!! Please won't you let me buy some of what you are smokin'?

Oops... that ain't legal here in GA yet- never mind.
Informed Opinion

United States

#28 Jul 7, 2013
Just Mike wrote:
<quoted text>AARRRGGGHH.... first you suggest Snowden is a "patriot", and now you say we should be "embarrassed" by Venezuela's display of "liberty-like" gestures?!! Please won't you let me buy some of what you are smokin'?

Oops... that ain't legal here in GA yet- never mind.
Let's see..

- Which country has a presidents that claim the right to torture and assassinate their citizens ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country bombed, invaded and occupied a sovereign country ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country regularly using drones to bomb civilians in other sovereign countries ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country now admits it wiretaps, intercepts, and collects all its citizens cellphone, Internet and text messages ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country spends more on the War Department than the rest if the world - combined ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country maintained and maintained illegal secret prisons where prisoners were, and are, tortured and killed ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which county maintains a prison where admittedly innocent civilians, and others not convicted of any crime, are imprisoned illegally and contrary to all international law ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country has dozens of its "agents" under indictment for crimes, including kidnapping and murder, and refuses to extradite them for prosecution ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

Because we are raised to believe America is "Exceptional" and we can do no wrong - I understand its hard to objectively look at the facts and reach a rational decision.

Were you to travel outside the U.S., you'd come to understand that the rest of the world doesn't see us a "Exceptional" - they, more and more, see us a violent, well-armed, schoolyard bullies.
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

#29 Jul 7, 2013
Let's see..

- Which country has a presidents that claim the right to torture and assassinate their citizens ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country bombed, invaded and occupied a sovereign country ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country regularly using drones to bomb civilians in other sovereign countries ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country now admits it wiretaps, intercepts, and collects all its citizens cellphone, Internet and text messages ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country spends more on the War Department than the rest if the world - combined ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country maintained and maintained illegal secret prisons where prisoners were, and are, tortured and killed ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which county maintains a prison where admittedly innocent civilians, and others not convicted of any crime, are imprisoned illegally and contrary to all international law ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country has dozens of its "agents" under indictment for crimes, including kidnapping and murder, and refuses to extradite them for prosecution ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

Because we are raised to believe America is "Exceptional" and we can do no wrong - I understand its hard to objectively look at the facts and reach a rational decision.

Were you to travel outside the U.S., you'd come to understand that the rest of the world doesn't see us a "Exceptional" - they, more and more, see us a violent, well-armed, schoolyard bullies.
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

#30 Jul 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Let's see..

- Which country has a presidents that claim the right to torture and assassinate their citizens ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country bombed, invaded and occupied a sovereign country ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country regularly using drones to bomb civilians in other sovereign countries ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country now admits it wiretaps, intercepts, and collects all its citizens cellphone, Internet and text messages ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country spends more on the War Department than the rest if the world - combined ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country maintained and maintained illegal secret prisons where prisoners were, and are, tortured and killed ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which county maintains a prison where admittedly innocent civilians, and others not convicted of any crime, are imprisoned illegally and contrary to all international law ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

- Which country has dozens of its "agents" under indictment for crimes, including kidnapping and murder, and refuses to extradite them for prosecution ?

Venezuela or the U.S.?

Because we are raised to believe America is "Exceptional" and we can do no wrong - I understand its hard to objectively look at the facts and reach a rational decision.

Were you to travel outside the U.S., you'd come to understand that the rest of the world doesn't see us a "Exceptional" - they, more and more, see us a violent, well-armed, schoolyard bullies.
Sorry, an accidental re-post.

Our Lab jumped for the hamburger in my lap, causing a "emergency" response to avoid great physical pain (and a high voice), and somehow I re-posted.
Goose

Cleveland, GA

#31 Jul 7, 2013
I for one, do not like the fact that NSA is collecting my private information. True I have given it freely to some WEB sites but my phone calls and emails are private. It's also true that I have been a law abiding citizen with nothing to hide but we are supposed to be free from Government snooping. I have done nothing to break any laws; why do they need my info? Are not they supposed to get a warrant?

Also if in the event our Government is compromised by the military or a dictator, they could use the NSA's information on law abiding citizens to put down a legitimate effort by the grass roots to overthrow the jerks. Like Russia, anyone who is against the current form of Gov might disappear. Kind of sounds like Obama's IRS doesn't it; using the Gov to punish political opponents? The NSA could do that for any President or Gov Law Enforcement agency. Put down legitimate opposition.

I am afraid of terrorists too, but I don't see why they need innocent citizens phone and email. Get a judge to sign off on the individual terrorist suspect and not the puppet judge they have hidden away.

The press: Fox news is the only news that is really trying to report fairly. The mainstream media has been Liberalized to the point they are useless to keep our Democracy free for all political opinions.
IO you are right, the press is important, but they are not doing any investigative reporting against any Dem.,just Rep. This is Wrong for our Democracy.
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#32 Jul 8, 2013
Goose wrote:
I for one, do not like the fact that NSA is collecting my private information. True I have given it freely to some WEB sites but my phone calls and emails are private. It's also true that I have been a law abiding citizen with nothing to hide but we are supposed to be free from Government snooping. I have done nothing to break any laws; why do they need my info? Are not they supposed to get a warrant?

Also if in the event our Government is compromised by the military or a dictator, they could use the NSA's information on law abiding citizens to put down a legitimate effort by the grass roots to overthrow the jerks. Like Russia, anyone who is against the current form of Gov might disappear. Kind of sounds like Obama's IRS doesn't it; using the Gov to punish political opponents? The NSA could do that for any President or Gov Law Enforcement agency. Put down legitimate opposition.

I am afraid of terrorists too, but I don't see why they need innocent citizens phone and email. Get a judge to sign off on the individual terrorist suspect and not the puppet judge they have hidden away.

The press: Fox news is the only news that is really trying to report fairly. The mainstream media has been Liberalized to the point they are useless to keep our Democracy free for all political opinions.
IO you are right, the press is important, but they are not doing any investigative reporting against any Dem.,just Rep. This is Wrong for our Democracy.
You know, I always wonder if the first day on the job as President, like in the "Hoover" FBI days, the heads of NSA, CIA, DIA, Secret Service, FBI, NIS, etc., meet with the President and show him all the "evidence" they have accumulated about him, and "explain" to him how things work, and what's "good for him and his family";

then

The major corporate leaders meet with him and "explain" to him how much money he'll be paid to sit on their boards of directors, how many millions he'll be paid to give useless speeches, how much their contribute to him and his "causes", and how his friends and family will profit by "cooperating" and not upsetting the status quo;

then

He decides if he's gonna "play ball" and not make any unapproved changes.

For years,(wearing his satin nightgown and pink panties), Hoover ran the country "explaining" the carrot and the stick to Presidents who thought they had secrets.

Just sayin...
Scott

Hudson, OH

#33 Jul 8, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I always wonder if the first day on the job as President, like in the "Hoover" FBI days, the heads of NSA, CIA, DIA, Secret Service, FBI, NIS, etc., meet with the President and show him all the "evidence" they have accumulated about him, and "explain" to him how things work, and what's "good for him and his family";
then
The major corporate leaders meet with him and "explain" to him how much money he'll be paid to sit on their boards of directors, how many millions he'll be paid to give useless speeches, how much their contribute to him and his "causes", and how his friends and family will profit by "cooperating" and not upsetting the status quo;
then
He decides if he's gonna "play ball" and not make any unapproved changes.
For years,(wearing his satin nightgown and pink panties), Hoover ran the country "explaining" the carrot and the stick to Presidents who thought they had secrets.
Just sayin...
Uh Oh! Now you've done it.
You have served up a virtual banquet of thought for conspiracy theorists everywhere.
Maybe that explains how Obama became President without providing any proof of his background to the American people. Maybe all those government departments you list know all of this and we don't. Maybe Barry didn't attend Occidental, Columbia or Harvard as we have been told. Maybe he attended Fred Ziffle's School Of Acting and Broadcasting. Maybe he majored in TV repair at DeVry. Maybe Michelle is really James Brown in drag. Maybe Bo, the First Dog is really a robot equipped with listening devices and cameras to make sure Obama stays in line. The possibilities are endless.
At the very least, your theory gives us some clue as to why Obama is such a walking mass of incompetence.
Waste

Dawsonville, GA

#34 Jul 9, 2013
What a waste of time. Really?
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#35 Jul 9, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>Uh Oh! Now you've done it.
You have served up a virtual banquet of thought for conspiracy theorists everywhere.
Maybe that explains how Obama became President without providing any proof of his background to the American people. Maybe all those government departments you list know all of this and we don't. Maybe Barry didn't attend Occidental, Columbia or Harvard as we have been told. Maybe he attended Fred Ziffle's School Of Acting and Broadcasting. Maybe he majored in TV repair at DeVry. Maybe Michelle is really James Brown in drag. Maybe Bo, the First Dog is really a robot equipped with listening devices and cameras to make sure Obama stays in line. The possibilities are endless.
At the very least, your theory gives us some clue as to why Obama is such a walking mass of incompetence.
Great post.

On the contrary...Obama is extraordinarily competent - in my opinion he's too damn competent.

Between prosecuting Whistleblowers, keeping Gitmo, assassinating using drones, all while cutting the budget deficit in half, and bringing hone the troops from Iraq, he's a Right Wingers competent dream.

I wish he was a buffoon like his predecessor, then he wouldn't be so smooth at making the outrageous appear "reasonable".

If my grade school civics teacher, my high school history teacher, my college political science professor, or my law school constitutional law professor had ever said a president claimed the authority to imprison, torture, or assassinate at will, that teacher of professor would have been laughed out of the school.

Today, "reasonable" Americans are not the least bit surprised or alarmed.

Anyone who has studied Pre-war Germany or Mussolini's rise to power, has already been here and has the T-Shirt.

But at least no terrorist boogeyman interrupted my French Toast this morning - so who cares ?

Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#36 Jul 9, 2013
Waste wrote:
What a waste of time. Really?
Hey... No Worries ... there's still time to catch that episode of "All My Babies' Mommas" on cable, so no need to be challenged by intellectual thought.
Informed Opinion

Jefferson, GA

#37 Jul 17, 2013

God bless the ACLU.

WASHINGTON -- Chances are, your local or state police departments have photographs of your car in their files, noting where you were driving on a particular day, even if you never did anything wrong.

Using automated scanners, law enforcement agencies across the country have amassed millions of digital records on the location and movement of every vehicle with a license plate, according to a study published Wednesday by the American Civil Liberties Union. Affixed to police cars, bridges or buildings, the scanners capture images of passing or parked vehicles and note their location, uploading that information into police databases. Departments keep the records for weeks or years, sometimes indefinitely.

"There's just a fundamental question of whether we're going to live in a society where these dragnet surveillance systems become routine," said Catherine Crump, a staff attorney with the ACLU. The civil rights group is proposing that police departments immediately delete any records of cars not linked to a crime.

....the records add up quickly.... one city has some 10 million on file, making it possible for police to plot the movements of most residents depending upon the number and location of the scanners.

In response, proponents argued:

Privacy in America ?

You don't need no stinkin privacy.

If we in the government want to know when you travel, where you go, who you travel with, and who your friends and associates are, and who your daughter is dating, that's what we want.

Besides, we assure you that the data we obtain will never be used illegally.

After all, we're the government, we wouldn't lie. Would we ?

Screw privacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's so difficult about the 515/Walmart inter... 6 hr happy 13
massage parlor in Blue Ridge 13 hr Face blaster 2
Where's Timmy ? 16 hr MMAFIGHTER 33
County Govt. (Jul '15) Fri Cochise 29
Places for rent. Nov 16 Sam 18
I want potato salad Nov 16 Sam 7
headlights on when it is raining !!!!! Nov 14 Dont Be Ridiculous 11

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages