Was there a serious accident by the dam?

Was there a serious accident by the dam?

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

whatsup

Jefferson, GA

#1 Sep 2, 2013
Looks like skid marks and crash investigation paint all over with some flowers placed there too. Drove by yesterday and noticed it, but had not heard anything about it.
Yep

Lawrenceville, GA

#2 Sep 2, 2013
Yes, on a motorcycle one killed one airlifted, Thursday night I think.
big news

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Sep 2, 2013
Were they local people? I haven't seen anything like that in the local obits.... Bad news whoever it was.
prayers

Canton, GA

#4 Sep 2, 2013
May God bless their families and friends.
Freebirds

Buford, GA

#5 Sep 3, 2013
Freebirds

Buford, GA

#6 Sep 3, 2013
BLAIRSVILLE - A Missouri man faces numerous charges after his motorcycle passenger was killed in a wreck Thursday night on Nottely Dam in Union County.

According to Trooper Tony Saunders of Georgia State Patrol Post 27 in Blue Ridge, the wreck was reported at 9:39 p.m. on Georgia Highway 325 (Nottely Dam Road) and occurred on the dam.

The wreck involved only a motorcycle driven by 49-year-old Bruce Vonier of Seneca, Mo.

"We do know that the vehicle failed to maintain lane control while traveling westbound on Nottely Dam," Saunders said. "The vehicle lost control, causing the driver and passenger to be thrown off the motorcycle."

Vonier was injured in the crash, and remained in Erlanger Medical Center in Chattanooga Friday afternoon, Saunders said.

Vonier's female passenger, from the Gwinnett County area, died at the scene. Troopers are withholding her name at this time.

Saunders said Vonier has been charged with first-degree vehicle homicide, driving under the influence, failure to maintain lane, and no insurance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Floridiots strikes again. 4 hr WTN 9
Transplant 10 hr Timmy is gay 22
Floridiot swamp birds. 16 hr The Mountains Noise 2
Why so many Georgians with limps ? Sat gamule 42
Solution to the Florida problem Fri Lindsey Graham 34
Nates Fri Jersey Boy 11
American Catch Jan 12 Chef Boyardee 12

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance