of 7
Next Last
nope

Bedminster, NJ

#121 Jan 30, 2010
Jenn wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see who you call when your power goes out
I probably wont call anyone. If you call the emc when there is an outage they take the phones off the hook.
Jenny

Blairsville, GA

#122 Jan 30, 2010
Yesterday at 4 my EMC man was already talking to other EMC employees about fixing the power for those that were going to lose it. They work 12 hour shifts in the dangerous weather. Be thankful to those that are the hard workers.
boodoodle

United States

#123 Jan 30, 2010
There were some BREMC office employees that spent the night there to handle all the calls.
boobear

Young Harris, GA

#124 Jan 30, 2010
Jenny wrote:
Yesterday at 4 my EMC man was already talking to other EMC employees about fixing the power for those that were going to lose it. They work 12 hour shifts in the dangerous weather. Be thankful to those that are the hard workers.
I am very thankful 4 the workers at EMC,,Im also thankful 4 the workers at the Grocery Stores and the Road Crews all who have to go the extra mile to help us out in bad weather....Still dont like the high bills.
Your Information

Cornelia, GA

#125 Jan 30, 2010
nope wrote:
<quoted text>I probably wont call anyone. If you call the emc when there is an outage they take the phones off the hook.
Actually when the power is goes out they already know about it, and when you call and report it, it goes straight to the dispatcher who is on call for that week
jess

Jefferson, GA

#126 Jun 23, 2010
Can someone tell me how they are building and actually getting away with the new BREMC in Young Harris Ga. on land that native American artifacts have been found? I know at one time the college were going to build Dorms there and were stopped.
answer

Martin, GA

#127 Jun 23, 2010
They are a "good ole boy" organization, they can do whatever they want.
jess wrote:
Can someone tell me how they are building and actually getting away with the new BREMC in Young Harris Ga. on land that native American artifacts have been found? I know at one time the college were going to build Dorms there and were stopped.
get rid of em all

Jefferson, GA

#128 Jun 23, 2010
if you will notice all the new trucks that they have gotten in just the last 6 months and the the extra stuff that is added to them. you know some one has to pay for them. i dont understand why they laid workers off but at the same time they are getting new trucks.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#129 Jun 23, 2010
get rid of em all wrote:
if you will notice all the new trucks that they have gotten in just the last 6 months and the the extra stuff that is added to them. you know some one has to pay for them. i dont understand why they laid workers off but at the same time they are getting new trucks.
Must be doing something Right, you have power fer yore Puter so you can get on here and Bitch.
Patricia

Webster, NC

#130 Jun 28, 2012
with ya wrote:
they also charged me an extra $30 because they came to the house to disconnect power for a bill that wasnt even late! crooked jerks!
It sounded like you needed to take them to small claims court. I know it has been 3 years, wondering if service is still like this in Dalhonega?
WellSaid

United States

#131 Jul 12, 2012
I am still confused about the $14.95 customer charge and exactly why they are taxing it.

You can't tax a customer charge?

You can tax the electricity being used, but not a customer charge.
WellSaid

United States

#132 Jul 12, 2012
The linemen are great, I have no issue with the workers, they are doing their job. I have known several that were severely injured on the job and a few that died. it's a hazardous job anytime you are dealing with electricity.

My power is never out very long (if it goes out at all) during bad weather and when I call the emergency line I always get a reply, from a person, unless it's busy.

After the 1993 blizzard a lot of the lines that had issues were replaced and since then I have very little outages during storms or bad weather.

It's the decision makers that are taking our money and wasting it, the non-workers. I believe it should be regulated.

As for saving electricity, I live in a 20+ year old home, it's leaky but I also use common sense and insulate where I can, use gas for heat, close off rooms that aren't being used, wear warmer clothes in the winter time and have me one of those old-fashioned cordless dryers. Called a clothesline.
Reb

Dawsonville, GA

#133 Jul 12, 2012
Is anyone interested in changing the directors since they are the people who approve the new building and new trucks?
longtime citizen

United States

#134 Jul 13, 2012
uhuh wrote:
you go girl, and tell em about all these crooked politicians up here while your at it...
and the crooked law enforcement dont forget.-(-9
Ungrounded Current

Rule, TX

#135 Jul 17, 2012
I know a lady who has a cabin in the Blue Ridge area of Fannin County. She seldom uses it, probably one weekend a month at most. She shared her power bill with me and it is as high as mine where I am living full time. My residence is served by another EMC in north Georgia. She leaves the air conditioning, hot water tank, and lights off while she is away (which would be over 90% of the time for most months). As I told her, something is wrong when electricity is that high for so little use. I feel for her, and especially all you folks who live in that service area on a full time basis. In these tough economic times, that has to stretch a lot of budgets to the limit in order to make ends meet.
do somthing

Goodwater, AL

#136 Jun 20, 2014
I am calling too, they are corrupt in my opinion
Mad

Goodwater, AL

#137 Jun 20, 2014
I am trying to contact a consumer civil rights attorney to check out options I feel I was done very wrong and lied to about the new flex pay system ,I wish someone would get a petition going about there treatment to the customers.
unreal

Sylacauga, AL

#138 Jul 1, 2014
Flex pay system, still cant get a manager to call me back on discrepancy, its been over a week,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Still proud of your President? 39 min joke 209
3 Floridiots busted; "evacuees" from Hurricane ... 1 hr find out 3
Thieves... Liars 2 hr dgd478 19
BoonDocks 21 hr Bruno Tattaglia 6
Sybil Denise Bellew (Dec '12) Fri South will NOT ri... 76
Sushi Shack Fri Wimpy 5
Union County teacher arrested Thu Jimmy Olson 43

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance