Calling CH.2 on BRMEMC
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
mama

Dawsonville, GA

#1 Dec 29, 2009
I am putting a call in to ch. 2 action news about the BRMEMC. The are screwing everyone out of money. Our power bill flys up and down every month for no reason. Last month our bill was $199.00, the month of Dec. bill is right at $300.00. WE DO NOT USE ELECTRIC HEAT. We use a wood burning fire for heat, and are confined to 3 rooms in our house, the rest are blocked off. You tell me how this bill can be so much. And what are the new CUSTOMER CHARGES??? They are charging us to be their customer. THEY ARE THE ONLY POWER COMPANY WE CAN USE, WE HAVE TO BE THEIR FRIGGIN CUSTOMER!!!!! It is not right that they 'estimate' power bills. I am calling CH.2 for an investigation. I am sick of this.
uhuh

Jefferson, GA

#2 Dec 29, 2009
you go girl, and tell em about all these crooked politicians up here while your at it...
with ya

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Dec 29, 2009
mama wrote:
I am putting a call in to ch. 2 action news about the BRMEMC. The are screwing everyone out of money. Our power bill flys up and down every month for no reason. Last month our bill was $199.00, the month of Dec. bill is right at $300.00. WE DO NOT USE ELECTRIC HEAT. We use a wood burning fire for heat, and are confined to 3 rooms in our house, the rest are blocked off. You tell me how this bill can be so much. And what are the new CUSTOMER CHARGES??? They are charging us to be their customer. THEY ARE THE ONLY POWER COMPANY WE CAN USE, WE HAVE TO BE THEIR FRIGGIN CUSTOMER!!!!! It is not right that they 'estimate' power bills. I am calling CH.2 for an investigation. I am sick of this.
we are going thru the same thing. its awful! we also dont use electric heat but somehow we still pay close to 300 a month for power? it doesnt even make sense. last week, someone from the emc came to the house to disconnect the power. the bill would have only been 10 days past due. i cut them a check for almost 300. i asked if they would wait so i could call my hubby and make sure the money was in the account. they would not let me even do that! they said, we gotta have the check now or turn off the power til you talk to your husband. i said "you cant wait 3 minutes while i make a call?" they then told me they were very busy that day so they couldnt wait around.

later in the day i talked to my hubby. turns out HE had already made the payment and it wasnt late. if they would have just let me call him, i wouldnt be out an extra 300 because when i called they said all they could do is apply it to my next bill! a pretty crappy thing to happen just 3 days before Christmas! i am sick of the emc and wish someone, anyone would light into them and their shady business practices!
with ya

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Dec 29, 2009
oh, and they still havnt come and done the power audit that ive been trying to get them out here for 2 years to do! if im paying that much a month, i want to know why! but will anyone come check it? NO!
with ya

Dahlonega, GA

#5 Dec 29, 2009
they also charged me an extra $30 because they came to the house to disconnect power for a bill that wasnt even late! crooked jerks!
someguy

Cleveland, GA

#6 Dec 29, 2009
signed up for their wireless back in the day, they advertised $99 per month for 1500k service, after a month they downgraded me to 1000k for $99 a month and said it was due to a typo, 6 months later was downgraded again to 512k service I suppose another typo and finally to 256k service, then I was placed behind a firewall so no applications besides web browsing and email functioned, then told I was using too much bandwidth and abusing the service and they were coming to pull it, I cut the darn thing off my pole and took it back to them myself.
someguy

Cleveland, GA

#7 Dec 29, 2009
I would like to mention I own a low power computer (laptop), a gas stove, gas water heater, and gas heat, an electric refrigerator/freezer, a microwave, and a few compact fluorescent lights (no incandescents) and an air conditioner I pay about $200 a month for electricity even in the winter when the AC isn't being used which is a little ridiculous I think. I live in a very small efficiency apartment and I work a lot more than I am home, so I see no reason my power bills should be this high, they run higher than my gas bills do.
walter

Perry, GA

#8 Dec 29, 2009
I live in a pretty big house and my bill is about $100 a month, so I don't understand why yours is so high?
boodoodle

United States

#9 Dec 29, 2009
someguy wrote:
I would like to mention I own a low power computer (laptop), a gas stove, gas water heater, and gas heat, an electric refrigerator/freezer, a microwave, and a few compact fluorescent lights (no incandescents) and an air conditioner I pay about $200 a month for electricity even in the winter when the AC isn't being used which is a little ridiculous I think. I live in a very small efficiency apartment and I work a lot more than I am home, so I see no reason my power bills should be this high, they run higher than my gas bills do.
Something's very fishy about this in an efficiency apartment with gas heat/water heater/stove .... all of you should call and complain ... there's power in numbers ... don't just gripe on an internet forum ... do something about it.
boodoodle

United States

#10 Dec 29, 2009
mama wrote:
Do you have a lot of electric Christmas lights? If not, then your case sounds fishy too.
someguy

Cleveland, GA

#11 Dec 29, 2009
no Christmas lights, the lowest I've seen my bill was $120 a few months ago it fluctuates. I still don't see how the heck I use that much electricity.
Maybe

Fitzgerald, GA

#12 Dec 29, 2009
boodoodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Something's very fishy about this in an efficiency apartment with gas heat/water heater/stove .... all of you should call and complain ... there's power in numbers ... don't just gripe on an internet forum ... do something about it.
I knew someone that lived in an apartment north of Atlanta and his electric bill was high. He found out the lights in the outside hallway of the apartment was on his meter. He was paying for the apartment complex's lights.
what im going to do

Copperhill, TN

#13 Dec 29, 2009
From now on at the 1st of every month I'm going to read the meter myself and write it down. Then the first of the next month I'm going to check it and see just how much I have used then compare my bill to the charges for the hours used.
walter

Perry, GA

#14 Dec 29, 2009
good idea.
papersack

Jefferson, GA

#15 Dec 29, 2009
Ours used to be high too and we use gas heat. I couldn't understand what the problem was. I decided to experiment and I quit using my electic dryer to dry clothes. Amazingly, in 1 month, our bill went from $298 to $175.00, that an BIG difference, then I continued to not use my dryer and now i'ts about $140 or so a month. So, check your dryers, they use alot of electricity.
someguy

Cleveland, GA

#16 Dec 29, 2009
I use the laundromat, no dryer.
Oh my

Ellijay, GA

#17 Dec 29, 2009
Guess they have to charge so much to pay for their new building go'n up!
letitbeknown

Toccoa, GA

#18 Dec 29, 2009
brmemc is crooked. they have to charge those high rates to make certain they all get their big salleries. Notice all the employees hanging out at those convenience & hunting supply stores while they are riding the clock. I followed a truck headed back to their office one day & I bet they didn't get over 30-40 mph, I guess they were trying to burn up time before they got back. I will admit they have a dangerous job but that does not justify them in stealing from the citizens while on the clock. Thin the crews or send them home - thats what happens to every hard working individual on any other job. They dont get to sit at stores, deer hunt, fish or drag their feet when work is slow.
reality tv

Jefferson, GA

#19 Dec 30, 2009
mama wrote:
let us know when they come out. we'll be a'looking fer ye on the news.
rainyday

Blairsville, GA

#20 Dec 30, 2009
I agree someone does need to call channel 2-you'll have to leave a message-i've tried to call them myself about BRMEMC as well.Hopefully someone will return your call mama,because they never called me back !!I would love to know what this stupid customer charge is-It use to only be a small amount-but on my most recent bill it was almost 10 dollars.That is just to much...Does anybody know...can you get away without paying that customer charge?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's so difficult about the 515/Walmart inter... 21 hr Wilbur 25
Unity Church of the Mts -- heresy Sat Reverend Jim 57
Looking for new school superintendent Sat Pay up sucka 12
BRMEMC winter storm grade Dec 15 Zippy 42
money question? Dec 15 Velvet Jones 29
BEER is BACTERIA PEE.....enjoy! (Jul '10) Dec 14 Beer Mr 13
Friend, Lover? Dec 14 Dirk Diggler 12

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance