of 11
Next Last

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#205 Apr 5, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
You can move to my hometown anytime you want, it's under snow 5 months out of the year and there are plenty of ignorant prejudiced people there to make you feel right at home.
No thanks but glad you admitted to being a yankee.
Fools A Plenty

Blairsville, GA

#206 Apr 5, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
You can move to my hometown anytime you want, it's under snow 5 months out of the year and there are plenty of ignorant prejudiced people there to make you feel right at home.
Thanks for admitting you're really a Yankee. We always figured as much.
Fools A Plenty

Blairsville, GA

#207 Apr 5, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>No thanks but glad you admitted to being a yankee.
Damn, we must be long-lost brothers! Where was your daddy at 35 years ago?

Location hidden

#208 Apr 5, 2013
Fools A Plenty wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, we must be long-lost brothers! Where was your daddy at 35 years ago?
We may be.

Huntington Beach, CA

#209 Apr 7, 2013
If you put on the locals that post on this site together you might get one brain.

Huntington Beach, CA

#210 Apr 7, 2013
Just having a beautiful time here in the mountains. Feeling right at home with all the crime. On this site it is being said we have a murder , a woman tied to a tree.
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#211 Apr 8, 2013
Good Morning.

Good for you.

I'm looking at the cameras at the Cabin enjoying the view of the mountains from our back porch. Those cameras cost next to nothing, but they never fail to cheer a man up - just knowing there's a peaceful place somewhere.

I only wish I was sitting on the porch with my Dad and our next door neighbor, looking over the mountains, with a steaming cup of coffee, getting ready to wander into town for breakfast.

Union County is a slice of Heaven on Earth, and I hope you all have a great day.

Have a few slices of French Toast at the Hole in the Wall, or great pancakes at the Sawmill for me.

Life is too short not to.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#212 Apr 9, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Good Morning.
Good for you.
I'm looking at the cameras at the Cabin enjoying the view of the mountains from our back porch. Those cameras cost next to nothing, but they never fail to cheer a man up - just knowing there's a peaceful place somewhere.
I only wish I was sitting on the porch with my Dad and our next door neighbor, looking over the mountains, with a steaming cup of coffee, getting ready to wander into town for breakfast.
Union County is a slice of Heaven on Earth, and I hope you all have a great day.
Have a few slices of French Toast at the Hole in the Wall, or great pancakes at the Sawmill for me.
Life is too short not to.
Iz always was athinkin you was one of THEM..
Sunshine

Brandon, FL

#213 Apr 9, 2013
boodoodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Floridians and move-ins have not changed anything .... local landowners sold out to Floridians, local developers and local builders .... the locals are to blame for any change .... move-ins merely bought what the locals built and had for sale.
You got that my friend. This past week had locals down at a log show home in Lakeland peddling property. I say next year save all the posts and give hand outs to the people interested in purchasing places in the mountains. Maybe a good time for all Floridians to start having realtors from Atlanta or outside the area to help. At least the locals would not be getting all the money from sales. Maybe the realtors would be interested in putting a sock in some of the local mouths. Floridians would still get there property in the mountains only less monies spent locally. Loving my place in the mountains and will keep coming back .Spending my money elsewhere and will use a realtor out of area in the future so not 100% will not go to these ********. it does trickle down and doing this enough might help these people zip it up. You locals have a good day and keep talking.
Hop

United States

#215 Apr 9, 2013
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that my friend. This past week had locals down at a log show home in Lakeland peddling property. I say next year save all the posts and give hand outs to the people interested in purchasing places in the mountains. Maybe a good time for all Floridians to start having realtors from Atlanta or outside the area to help. At least the locals would not be getting all the money from sales. Maybe the realtors would be interested in putting a sock in some of the local mouths. Floridians would still get there property in the mountains only less monies spent locally. Loving my place in the mountains and will keep coming back .Spending my money elsewhere and will use a realtor out of area in the future so not 100% will not go to these ********. it does trickle down and doing this enough might help these people zip it up. You locals have a good day and keep talking.
Agree ! Need to get the message out.
citizen

Adel, GA

#216 Apr 10, 2013
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
It's people like you who give the move-ins a bad name....

Location hidden

#217 Apr 10, 2013
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you were wearing socks with your sandals and your jimmy buffet shirt with the pink flamingos on it.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#218 Apr 10, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you were wearing socks with your sandals and your jimmy buffet shirt with the pink flamingos on it.
Hey! I resemble that remark!
Yuppie

United States

#219 Apr 10, 2013
I resemble the same. Sunshine has a point . Tighten up the money in that area. Atlantans and Floridians are quite fed up with all the remarks being made. Lots of great people from north, south, east and west. we have same type of people where I live in Florida that don't care for outsiders. We have lots of visitors from your area having a great time on our beaches. Must say there are many jerks and some nice folks as well. I don't judge you all because some are jerks. I will continuevto enjoy the home I have in Florida and Georgia. Yes for all you folks I do consider both places home . Home is where the heart is. Like to see all that anger you have for others go away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need "good" heating and air conditioning service (Sep '09) 2 hr Local 49
Bear in Food City 5 hr Timmy_ 8
This can't be true. 23 hr Karma rocks 4
where did all the money go????? 23 hr EmcEmployees 11
Cheaters (Jul '15) Fri Shiney 26
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Fri Ed Anger 376
Another pet peeve ..... (Aug '10) Thu JosePandy 95
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages