Next Last
Snowflake

Franklin, GA

#1 Sep 29, 2013
Anybody have any winter predictions?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#2 Sep 29, 2013
If there were 4 fogs in September we will have early snowfall and a cold winter.
froggy

Cleveland, GA

#3 Sep 30, 2013
I've noticed several wooly caterpillars with black at each end and brown in the middle but I Don't remember what this predicts. Anyone know?

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 30, 2013
froggy wrote:
I've noticed several wooly caterpillars with black at each end and brown in the middle but I Don't remember what this predicts. Anyone know?
Yea I do but I aint going to pose it on here.
oldmanwinter

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Sep 30, 2013
Real winters are a thing of the past here in North GA. We don't get near as much snow or cold like we did 30 years ago. In the last 20 years, I can only remember a few real snows. Now a days, we have a dusting. And if it is cold, it's only a few days then we're back up to warmer temperatures. I predict the same as the last 20 years. Mild!

Location hidden

#6 Sep 30, 2013
oldmanwinter wrote:
Real winters are a thing of the past here in North GA. We don't get near as much snow or cold like we did 30 years ago. In the last 20 years, I can only remember a few real snows. Now a days, we have a dusting. And if it is cold, it's only a few days then we're back up to warmer temperatures. I predict the same as the last 20 years. Mild!
Were you living in N E GA in winter 2010 and 2011?

Location hidden

#7 Sep 30, 2013
oldmanwinter wrote:
Guess you buying into the whole global warming thing aren't you.
oldmanwinter

Dawsonville, GA

#8 Sep 30, 2013
Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>Were you living in N E GA in winter 2010 and 2011?
Yes, been here all my life. Like I said, I only remember a few big snows in 20 years or so. 2010 was a big one at Christmas time. I loved it. Perfect timing. As far as global warming, who knows, but I do know the world is changing, in every way possible from the weather to everthing else under the sun.
CITY LIFE NOW

Calhoun, GA

#9 Sep 30, 2013
AS A CHILD I LIVED IN GORDON COUNTY IN THE 70'S, I REMEMBER MY GRANDPARENTS KILLING HOGS IN OCTOBER TO MY SAUSAGE YOU CAN'T DO THAT NOW WITH ALL THE BUGS AND FLIES STILL OUT. SO I AGREE WE DON'T HAVE THE COLD WINTERS OF YEARS AGO.

Location hidden

#10 Sep 30, 2013
oldmanwinter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, been here all my life. Like I said, I only remember a few big snows in 20 years or so. 2010 was a big one at Christmas time. I loved it. Perfect timing. As far as global warming, who knows, but I do know the world is changing, in every way possible from the weather to everthing else under the sun.
To me 2010 was bitter cold and 2011 was not quite as cold but brrrrr.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

SLOWPOK

#11 Oct 3, 2013
Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>To me 2010 was bitter cold and 2011 was not quite as cold but brrrrr.
Iffin yore self starts agettin them shivers froms thet winter cold you jest gives out a holler han ole Slow will comes arunnin han warms youse ups. Iz has a way offen warmin a Girlie ups.

Location hidden

#12 Oct 3, 2013
Chainsaw Five wrote:
<quoted text>Iffin yore self starts agettin them shivers froms thet winter cold you jest gives out a holler han ole Slow will comes arunnin han warms youse ups. Iz has a way offen warmin a Girlie ups.
Armstrong heater maybe
animals

Eastaboga, AL

#13 Oct 7, 2013
Believe it might be bad this year, look at all the bears and squirrels out and about. There trying to stock up on food I believe.
JUST A SAYING

Jefferson, GA

#14 Oct 7, 2013
Opened some persimmons seeds last week 4 out of 4 had spoons in them means lots of shoveling...going to do some more in a week or two before they are gone by the deer eating them, will let you know. If you crack one open and see a knife it means cutting winds, a fork means mild. Right every time!

Location hidden

#15 Oct 7, 2013
Hope this cold snap triggers the floridiot migration.
PA Ridge Runner

Orlando, FL

#16 Oct 8, 2013
froggy wrote:
The narrower the center brown segment the harder the winter.
treetop

Dawsonville, GA

#17 Oct 8, 2013
The persimmon I opened had fork, so guess that means mild?
froggy

Ashburn, VA

#18 Oct 8, 2013
PA Ridge Runner wrote:
<quoted text>
The narrower the center brown segment the harder the winter.
Thank you.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

SLOWPOK

#19 Oct 8, 2013
Laurel Wood wrote:
If there were 4 fogs in September we will have early snowfall and a cold winter.
Now Woodsie Girlie yore self knows thet iffin them little green han yeller frogs haint playin round in thet creek water no more, the winter isa agonna bes bad.

Location hidden

#20 Oct 8, 2013
Chainsaw Five wrote:
<quoted text>Now Woodsie Girlie yore self knows thet iffin them little green han yeller frogs haint playin round in thet creek water no more, the winter isa agonna bes bad.
You are bad to the bone! If its not the creek its the frogs; you are nothing but a beast. Yee Haw!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School board=family 12 hr Patrick Malone 37
Denise Ballew (Nov '17) 13 hr Llc 4
Mickey Cummings = RINO 17 hr JonP 764
Mickey Cummings weekly column in the North Geor... 18 hr Reasons 26
Hope that stupid womwen Sybil Denise Ballew (Jun '17) Thu Greg6883 9
School shootings Thu James 12
ESPLOST. Friend or Foe? Wed funnystuff 38

Blairsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages