First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Nuts

Cleveland, GA

#81 Jul 28, 2013
If your dad is the one who sold real estate then you can get him too!You all should be together!
Ross Arnold wrote:
Wow!
It blows my mind, the negative crap I am reading here! Fortunately, there are so many beautiful and thoughtful posts to set the record straight! I left Blairsville 32 years ago and I have vivid memories of what a nice man Tommy was. My dad came to Blairsville as a long haired hippie in the early seventies. Not exactly the best time to be a hippie in a small Appalachian town! The Passmores treated him like a son and I used to love going over there.
The Passmore woman? As I recall they were beautiful girls and as sweet as could be!
Mental illness touches us all. If you don't have it, you have a close relative that does...This is a fact you can verify anywhere...How blessed are you all to have been around someone that carried this burden with such a gracious heart and a kind word and a smile for anyone. How blessed are your children to have been given an example of how to take what life gives you, do your best and treat people with dignity and respect...!
I'd say shame on all of you that would make a mockery of this man, but, you have already shamed yourselves...
Farrell

Blairsville, GA

#82 Jul 28, 2013
Tommy was a great guy!
OOPS

Hartselle, AL

#83 Jul 28, 2013
Nuts wrote:
If your dad is the one who sold real estate then you can get him too!You all should be together!
<quoted text>
The judgement icons posted were for the post you were replying to, not your ridiculous bashing! For your post, the judgement should be mean, spam, and clueless.(They don't have an icon for heartless or stupid, otherwise...
Nuts

Cleveland, GA

#84 Jul 29, 2013
Is this the same Arnold who had a bunch of kids, sold real estate and left the wife and kids? If it is you should come get him and take him to live and love you now since he would not do that when you were a child.

Is this the Arnold?

Well, tell us?
Nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous

Manchester, NH

#85 Jul 29, 2013
Nuts wrote:
Is this the same Arnold who had a bunch of kids, sold real estate and left the wife and kids? If it is you should come get him and take him to live and love you now since he would not do that when you were a child.
Is this the Arnold?
Well, tell us?
<quoted text>
Nuts,

I was going to write something witty about your moniker and it's relation to your anatomy, or lack of a particular part of your anatomy, but then I realized---1- you clearly aren't very bright, it would fly right over your head and, two-- this is not the place for me to spank your two digit IQ'd little fanny. I came here to pay respect to a man that I knew in my youth. I was unaware of his passing and saddened to see people like you discrediting his accomplishments and decency.
As for my father that you seem to know so much about...He produced some pretty intelligent children down there. Strong college educated woman that are very involved in their communities and always giving to those communities. His oldest son is a Colonel in The USAF and runs an Air Force base.
As I said, this isn't the place for me to spank you...I just wanted to pay some respects, but....If it's a battle of wits you seek, I'm more than happy to engage you in an appropriate forum..Normally I don't like to do battle with unarmed people, but in your case, I'll make an exception... ; )
huh

Blairsville, GA

#86 Aug 6, 2013
He didn't have mental illness, he got the hell beat out of him by local law enforcement years ago....
He had brain damage but not from natural causes or substance abuse.
Noreen Reed Sherwood

Flowery Branch, GA

#87 Aug 19, 2013
Neil Copeland wrote:
Donna sent me a link to this thread and I couldn't let it pass without leaving a comment of my own. I was also a classmate of Tommy Passmore at East Hall High and was the other student chosen to go to the Georgia Governor's Honors Program during the summer of 1965.
I'll always remember Tommy as a great guy who was a lot of fun to be around, was always cheerful and had a load of artistic talent. He and I were both art students and his work was always better than mine. I admired his skill and was proud to attend GHP with him that summer. Tommy left East Hall before our senior year there and I always wondered where he went and what he did after he left. I'm sad to hear of his troubles and of his passing. In my mind, he will always be a kind hearted, funny and talented person.
Like Donna Jones Lawson and Neil Copeland, I, too, was a classmate of Tommy. He was so creative and funny. I have wondered through the years what had happened to him. I am truly sorry for his family's loss.
Brian P

Murphy, NC

#88 Aug 20, 2013
Tommy was a great guy. He always treated everyone the same. Good person.
Family

Jasper, GA

#89 Apr 24, 2014
Did they all get beat up? Does that explain the family? Lol
Was this Union county law officers? Really?
huh wrote:
He didn't have mental illness, he got the hell beat out of him by local law enforcement years ago....
He had brain damage but not from natural causes or substance abuse.
Just4You

Jefferson, GA

#90 Apr 24, 2014
Family wrote:
Did they all get beat up? Does that explain the family? Lol
Was this Union county law officers? Really?
<quoted text>
You are some kind of crap to drag this hit piece out of the past agan.
Family

Toccoa, GA

#91 Apr 25, 2014
It is crap that anyone would blame the police for Passmore's DNA.
The local LE went beyond being nice to him. They never did anything to hurt.
Just4You wrote:
<quoted text>
You are some kind of crap to drag this hit piece out of the past agan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for new school superintendent 7 hr Potato Salad 4
money question? Wed I gots mine 21
massage parlor in Blue Ridge Nov 21 Varnell Cummings 11
News KKK will rally Saturday in Blairsville (Oct '12) Nov 21 MMAFIGHTER 43
Where's Timmy ? Nov 20 Sam 34
Healthcare for this area (Nov '16) Nov 20 Obamacare sucks 16
Union general Hospital Nov 20 real realist the ... 23

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance