more good folks

Jefferson, GA

#21 Mar 26, 2009
ur funny wrote:
You don't name bridges after crazy people. It's the Pat Colwell bridge already. There is no need for a new name on it.
Ur NOT funny - you're a jerk!
Tid Bit

Young Harris, GA

#22 Mar 26, 2009
ur funny wrote:
You don't name bridges after crazy people. It's the Pat Colwell bridge already. There is no need for a new name on it.
Why would you say such a thing! I know the passmore's they are great bunch of folks. Very rude of you to talk about the dead this way!
Passionate Mars

Blairsville, GA

#23 Mar 26, 2009
Tommy was not crazy; his reality was just a shade different from the norm. You debase a good person when you say he is a crazy person. He never harmed anyone and often made the day brighter for those who were around him. I don't believe he would have called you harsh and hard-hearted.
friend

Marble Falls, TX

#24 Mar 26, 2009
Leave it to small town America to produce such a person...and for that person to leave such a legacy of quirky, poignant life-lessons behind. Tommy was truly a "Folk Legend" in Blairsville and he will truly, truly be missed.
Passionate Mars

Blairsville, GA

#25 Mar 26, 2009
Actually, a larger town and its problems produced him, but when he came to Blairsville in 1969 or so, we embraced him. I think we celebrated and took joy in his uniqueness. He made a great impression on many people, so his life was not in vain. I think we could all aspire to have 1/2 the effect he has had.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#26 Mar 26, 2009
ur funny wrote:
Well I see it didn't take long for someone to prove my point. I also see that it didn't take long for the supernana haters to use their little judgement options. I wish I knew what is was that makes someone so opposed to me and anything I say. There has been very little on topix lately that was of any interest to me and I have not commented in days, but the very second I do the nana haters come out of the woodworks! Have fun if that's what floats your boat but if you'll read back over all the comments under this topic you'll find there are more who agree with me than against me so click on your little icons till your fingers get tired. I think Tommy Passmore was a very good person and miles above anyone who would call him 'crazy'. We all have our crosses to bear and mental illness was Tommy's. Pointing fingers or name calling does nothing to lighten your own load or to lift your image to a higher standing with your fellow man. In fact, I feel very sorry for people who feel it necessary to try and hurt others, there must be an awful lot of pain in your life if the only way you can find joy or laughter is to be mean to someone else.
ur funny

Texarkana, TX

#27 Mar 26, 2009
You are dancing around the crazy label with saying mental illness or differnt from norm. Its all the same as crazy. If a girl gives you crabs, it don't matter that you call it pubic lice or STD its still crabs. Way I heard it, he baked his brains all by hisself with drugs. His best exmple was getting your kid and pointing at old Tommy and telling him son thats what drugs will do to you.
RC Cola

Dawsonville, GA

#28 Mar 26, 2009
Tommy was a wonderful person and neighbor. My daughter always enjoyed seeing him on the road and in town. He was always kind to her and they talked together some. Even as a toddler, she knew Tommy was special and kind. She was never afraid of him and always wanted to pick him up when he was walking. I wish some of you name callers were as nice and kind as Tommy. Your lives would shime much brighter if you were. He was loved by many and is greatly missed.
hot dog

Homer, GA

#29 Mar 26, 2009
ur funny wrote:
Aren't we all crazy one way or another? In fact, you might be crazy and not know it while the rest of us are normal. Don't judge people, it's not your job to do so. However, I do agree with you about changing the name of the bridge. Maybe money could be raised and a donation made to a mental illness charity. Heaven knows that charities are probably in desperate need of monitary funds. Just a thought.
friend

Buchanan Dam, TX

#30 Mar 26, 2009
Passionate Mars wrote:
Actually, a larger town and its problems produced him, but when he came to Blairsville in 1969 or so, we embraced him. I think we celebrated and took joy in his uniqueness. He made a great impression on many people, so his life was not in vain. I think we could all aspire to have 1/2 the effect he has had.
I know where Tommy came from, as I was lucky enough to be one of his inlaws... but I respect your need to correct the image of Tommy and small town America I was trying to create. In the big city he would not have been embraced and lifted to the "Folk Legend" Blairsville allowed him to be.
maybe

Homer, GA

#31 Mar 26, 2009
since most people saw or new him from him walking to and from town, why not use a pair of his shoes, make impressions in a concrete stepping stone type thing, add some info about tommy on it then have it set at the foot of the bridge as a memorial marker.
if it works

Homer, GA

#32 Mar 26, 2009
ur funny wrote:
You are dancing around the crazy label with saying mental illness or differnt from norm. Its all the same as crazy. If a girl gives you crabs, it don't matter that you call it pubic lice or STD its still crabs. Way I heard it, he baked his brains all by hisself with drugs. His best exmple was getting your kid and pointing at old Tommy and telling him son thats what drugs will do to you.
And if the kid doesn't do drugs...didn't tommy do a good thing for you?!
lulu

Dawsonville, GA

#33 Mar 26, 2009
ur funny wrote:
well, guess that means you won't ever have one named after you, right???
lulu

Dawsonville, GA

#34 Mar 26, 2009
ur funny wrote:
did you ever get RID of those crabs?

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#35 Mar 26, 2009
ur funny wrote:
Again you prove my point, as you say-"The way I heard it" once again, judgement based purely on gossip. I heard that rumor as well but I never knew if it was true or not and it didn't make much difference anyway. Mental illness is not always attributed to drug abuse, many times drug abuse is attributed to mental illness however, but I certainly don't expect someone with as little intellect as you appear to have to understand that. Do you know for a written in stone, signed and notarized fact that Tommy's illness was drug related or are you basing it strickly on "Way I hear it" you'd be surprised what people "hear" and someday something outlandish could be "heard" about you. Should we all jump on the bandwagon and believe everything we hear just because we don't know all the facts and it sure looks that way? Do you tell people with cancer they stink because their insides are rotting out? You appear to have no heart and that is a whole lot worse than being "crazy" as you like to put it.
P Oed

Wadley, GA

#36 Mar 27, 2009
ur funny wrote:
Whoever you are you need your butt kicked for talking about a person this way. You have no raising or you would respect the dead not put them down. I've lived in Blairsville all my life and Ive never known of Tommy hurting anybody. He was always kind to people. I bet he was even kind to you even tho you don't deserve it! No wonder kids make fun of other kids I bet you teach yours to make fun of people thats different. All I can say is you'll NEVER be 1/2 the man Tommy Passmore was. He was KIND, GENTLE and LOVED EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING!!! I can tell by your statment that you love nothing and your a miserable person. I hope I NEVER meet you or have to get near you. It would make me violently Ill to be around a insencitive Bastard like you!! You disgust me !!! You need to have respect for the family. How would you feel if this was your Son or kin folk? Oh, wait a minute, I forgot Your have NO heart. Your a sorry excuse for a Human Being!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Passionate Mars

Blairsville, GA

#37 Mar 27, 2009
It is sheer hatefulness to denigrate Tommy in such a mannner. In my youth, I tried alot of stuff that makes me quiver when I think of it now. It is God's own blessings that I am not dead, maimed in body, mind, and spirit. Anyone who knew him was reminded of bad choices made in our youth. I think part of the reason I escaped with no apparent damage was that God prompted me to be kinder than necessary to His children who didn't elude the problems. I pray that your heart ceases to be hard and uncaring. Tommy had a wonderful family who loved him, took care of him, and didn't judge him for things that happened when he was of an age he could not be accountable for what he did. Please don't sling hurtful things which are so unnecessary; it changes nothing but to hurt someone's feelings.
ur funny

Texarkana, TX

#38 Mar 27, 2009
I don't know what denigrate means but I know I didn't say nothing bad about Tommy. I agree with everyone that he was a nice guy. But I don't pretty up peoples conditions with fancy words. I don't teach or allow my kids to make fun of people thats different and I don't teach them to hide the truth in pretty words neither. Good ole Tommy - RIP. 1 more of us to get away from all these hippocrites.
Passionate Mars

Blairsville, GA

#39 Mar 27, 2009
Denigrate means saying things what you have said about Tommy. I don't think anyone on here "prettied" up his condition; however, we did feel that you were harsh and lacking any sensitivity. I assure you that I never made fun of him in his life, and certainly not now.
A timely tip--hippocrite is spelled hypocrite. Broaden your horizons and buy a dictionary, read till your eyes bug out.
P Oed

Dahlonega, GA

#40 Mar 27, 2009
ur funny wrote:
I don't know what denigrate means but I know I didn't say nothing bad about Tommy. I agree with everyone that he was a nice guy. But I don't pretty up peoples conditions with fancy words. I don't teach or allow my kids to make fun of people thats different and I don't teach them to hide the truth in pretty words neither. Good ole Tommy - RIP. 1 more of us to get away from all these hippocrites.

I quess if you was in the shape physically and mentally That Tommy was, Then according to you I could call you Crazy and you'd be OK with it? Maybe to you since you don't sugar coat Illnesses with fancy words, Adults and Children with autism and Down Syndrome and other disease should be classified as crazy to!! If you don't like us Crazy people you can leave, Im sure you won't be missed! Are all you IS 100% perfectly sane anyway? God knows I'm not and don't claim to be. If you claim to be who is the Hippocrite Here? I only know ONE Person who IS PERFECT and He aint of this world YET!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wow blairsville finally has a real pet store!!! 12 min F You 84
Local car wash 4 hr John 5
Muslim in Blairsville 12 hr Bacon in Blairsville 67
Still proud of your President? 13 hr like you 80
If you cant pay your bills stop spending foolishly Wed Waffle boy 134
boycott mike's seafood till he takes orders at ... (Mar '11) Wed New Restaurant! 278
Local Blairsville eatery (Aug '12) May 21 Chainsaw Five 15

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages