First Prev
of 5
Next Last
brasstown bill

Clarkesville, GA

#1 Mar 25, 2009
I think when the county redoes the bridge on Pat Colwell they shooud rededicate it to Tommy Passmore It could be the Tommy Passmore bridge
Passionate Mars

Blairsville, GA

#2 Mar 25, 2009
I think it would be a good gesture for he certainly trod that pathway many a day. He never hurt anyone, and I think that most people appreciated his unique take on life and the events surrounding him. He will be someone the citizens of this county will miss.
baseballfan

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Mar 25, 2009
I think that would be a great thing. Could someone call someone and ask about that? Who do you ask?
sweettea

Dawsonville, GA

#4 Mar 25, 2009
What a great idea Brasstown, maybe we should start a petition.
kma

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Mar 25, 2009
try calling 911 or mapping
mr peabody

Clarkesville, GA

#6 Mar 25, 2009
i saw tommy on many occasins he was always asking me questions. our talks were always enjoyable, i for one will miss seeing him and having our talks. tommy was a very fine person,and a pleasure to be around.
Passionate Mars

Blairsville, GA

#7 Mar 25, 2009
"Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you got, till it's gone?" We all will miss Tommy. I am so glad that he came to Union County and brightened up this part of the world for the short time he was here. I thought his obit was very poignant, and I am glad to know that his family knew he was treated kindly.
dirtmover

Cleveland, GA

#8 Mar 25, 2009
"I am so glad that he came to Union County and brightened up this part of the world for the short time he was here."
Tommy Passmore was a native of Union County.
Passionate Mars wrote:
"Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you got, till it's gone?" We all will miss Tommy. I am so glad that he came to Union County and brightened up this part of the world for the short time he was here. I thought his obit was very poignant, and I am glad to know that his family knew he was treated kindly.
Passionate Mars

Blairsville, GA

#9 Mar 25, 2009
Okay, I thought they moved here from somewhere else.
Read the Obituary

Clarkesville, GA

#10 Mar 25, 2009
Tommy was born in Jacksonville, Fl. and moved here in 1969 according to the write up in the paper
Panda

Jefferson, GA

#11 Mar 25, 2009
I think it's an EXCELLENT idea to dedicate the bridge to Tommy Passmore. He is definately a part of history in Union County and should be honored. I would vote yes, how do we get this done?

Since: Jan 09

Blairsville, GA

#12 Mar 25, 2009
Panda wrote:
I think it's an EXCELLENT idea to dedicate the bridge to Tommy Passmore. He is definately a part of history in Union County and should be honored. I would vote yes, how do we get this done?
I think you have to go thru the commissioner's office.
Hmmm

Excelsior, MN

#13 Mar 25, 2009
Pat Colwell was iconic. But I'd be in favor of renaming the little street that runs by the Huddle House to Tommy Passmore St. That seems appropriate.
Prozac nation

Dawsonville, GA

#14 Mar 25, 2009
You people have lost your dam minds.lol
Native

Dawsonville, GA

#15 Mar 26, 2009
I was talking to a friend yesterday about Tommy he'd do things that would tickle you to death. If anyone knows the bear in the car story you laugh your butt off. Ole Tommy was a good guy.
Passionate Mars

Blairsville, GA

#16 Mar 26, 2009
I have heard that story many times. We all laughed with Tommy, never at him.

Location hidden

#17 Mar 26, 2009
I loved Tommy and his very sweet spirit. Years ago, I used to have a Joy club.(a group of children 5-10 years old). We would meet in the basement at church and then many times on the weekends we would take the church bus and go visit shut-ins and sing for them. I remember one night when we were meeting in the church basement, about mid-way through our meeting, I looked up to see Tommy come through the door. He didn't say anything, he just walked over and took a seat. My memory isn't what it used to be but I seem to recall him singing Jesus loves me and then after a little while he got up to leave. I told him to please come back and join us anytime, but he never did. I'm certainly on board for naming the bridge after him and I might add that my heart is lifted by the kindness of the posters who have rallied around Tommy. I work in the field of Mental Illness and I often am so discouraged by the cruel ignorance of many who do not understand it. It is an illness worse than cancer, diabetes, or any other lifethreatening or dibilitating illness because these people not only suffer the pain and devastation of the illness, but too often, also the ridicule and judgement of society, sometimes even the people who are supposed to love them. Those of you who have a heart for them, thank you so much - you have no idea what a minority you are! My prayers are with Tommy's family and my heart is smiling at the image of Tommy singing "Jesus loves me" with the angels! ;)

Location hidden

#18 Mar 26, 2009
Prozac nation wrote:
You people have lost your dam minds.lol
Might I ask WHY you feel this way? "But for the grace of God, there go I"
Passionate Mars

Blairsville, GA

#19 Mar 26, 2009
I think everyone has a story involving Tommy; he was a great person who had a great burden to bear. His family is to be admired for the way they loved and supported him; I never saw them act like they were impatient or ashamed of him. Mental Illness is still seen by some as a stigma, but like SuperNana stated it is a problem just like diabetes or heart condition. There is a passage in the New Testament where Christ says that how you treat the lowliest among you would be how you would treat me. I think He meant people who suffered afflicitions are sometimes scoffed at, but the true Christian would exalt that person because s/he realizes that Jesus would love them all the more because they face a daily struggle. I love the Vince Gill song "Go Rest High on that Mountain", and I think Tommy is on that mountain!
ur funny

Dahlonega, GA

#20 Mar 26, 2009
You don't name bridges after crazy people. It's the Pat Colwell bridge already. There is no need for a new name on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min Ga Girl 56 56,841
Remove EMC BOARD and Akins 1 hr here is my thought 31
Wake up floridiots Naming your driveway is stupid. 1 hr georgia idiots 38
Ga. man awarded $404,000 for libelous Internet ... (Jan '11) 3 hr UNION 1 132
Science Against Evolution - Very Interesting 5 hr tmv post 2
Street Lights 5 hr Just a Thought 4
Dash Cams, You need them!!!! 6 hr George 10
Steve's Buffet is BACK 6 hr alright than 16
Steve's Steakhouse Tue Just sayin 184

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Jobs

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE