First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Need a craft store

Jefferson, GA

#1 Oct 5, 2012
If there are any good business men in this town that would like to start a GOOD business then a craft store like Hobby Lobby or Michaels would make you a fortune.. There are so many people here that love to do crafts and need to travel so far to any hobby shops. We need a craft store!!!
A Voter

United States

#2 Oct 5, 2012
Need a craft store wrote:
If there are any good business men in this town that would like to start a GOOD business then a craft store like Hobby Lobby or Michaels would make you a fortune.. There are so many people here that love to do crafts and need to travel so far to any hobby shops. We need a craft store!!!
You might be on to something there.
Georgia Idiots

Jefferson, GA

#3 Oct 6, 2012
It would be great to have a craft store like hobby lobby etc. here.. So many people enjoy making crafts and there is just no where here to purchase anything. Walmart has some but nothing like the craft stores have..
Mountaingirl

Pendergrass, GA

#4 Oct 6, 2012
Fabulous idea!
Donald Trump

Dahlonega, GA

#5 Oct 6, 2012
Wow! Let's rent a 20,000 sq ft facility for about $6K/mo, with about $2M in startup inventory, so we can compete with Hobby Lobby. Then the customers just start crawling out of the surrounding forests, and we start counting how times we can double our retirement savings selling arts and crafts supplies, fabrics, baskets, silk flowers, needlework, picture framing, and party supplies. We'll defy this collapsed economy! Full steam ahead!

Hope your husbands keep the check book hidden.
Are u kidding me

Dahlonega, GA

#6 Oct 6, 2012
Home depot had one of the most incredible grand openings and so did Fatz, when there is no huge craft store within 80 miles she just may be on to something!!!! Big name franchise in a rural area just like when the Hallmark Gold Crown store opened years ago just may draw in quite a crowd you never know!!!!!??!!!
Donald Trump

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Oct 6, 2012
A fool and his money soon part ways. Go for it. Then you'll know. And you'll learn that a craft store (and Hobby Lobby is not a franchise) is no Home Depot. It's sad to watch all the business start ups and then their failure, and what it did to the owners finances.

Since: Jun 08

Blue Ridge, GA

#8 Oct 6, 2012
I have looked into this numerous times. I am a crafter myself. The numbers just aren't there. Several independent stores had tried and failed - it seems like there are enough crafters to support such an endeavor but there just isn't :(

“Shoots a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#9 Oct 6, 2012
Georgia Idiots wrote:
It would be great to have a craft store like hobby lobby etc. here.. So many people enjoy making crafts and there is just no where here to purchase anything. Walmart has some but nothing like the craft stores have..
Iffin wes hads a hobby lobby than iz could makes ups some of tham scarecrows, peoples takin showers han such han puts them alongs the highways comin in to here, han it woulds maby scare some of the Smelly ole Floridians aways.

“Shoots a Floridian”

Hiawassee, GA

#10 Oct 6, 2012
furniture girl wrote:
I have looked into this numerous times. I am a crafter myself. The numbers just aren't there. Several independent stores had tried and failed - it seems like there are enough crafters to support such an endeavor but there just isn't :(
Ther is a place in the downtown area of wassee thet handles alls kinds of craft supplies. Google it.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#11 Oct 6, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>Iffin wes hads a hobby lobby than iz could makes ups some of tham scarecrows, peoples takin showers han such han puts them alongs the highways comin in to here, han it woulds maby scare some of the Smelly ole Floridians aways.
Well if it was one of YOU taking a shower it would certainly scare me away.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#12 Oct 6, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>Iffin wes hads a hobby lobby than iz could makes ups some of tham scarecrows, peoples takin showers han such han puts them alongs the highways comin in to here, han it woulds maby scare some of the Smelly ole Floridians aways.
Dats a good idee.
for the greater good

Jefferson, GA

#14 Oct 6, 2012
Need a craft store wrote:
I agree with you, there should be some business men and women that start a craft shop. Crafts are a good thing. Have you tried selling crafts on the internet?
Georgia Idiots

Jefferson, GA

#15 Oct 6, 2012
furniture girl wrote:
I have looked into this numerous times. I am a crafter myself. The numbers just aren't there. Several independent stores had tried and failed - it seems like there are enough crafters to support such an endeavor but there just isn't :

(
A GOOD craft store would do go just as they do in all the other small towns.
Georgia Idiots

Jefferson, GA

#16 Oct 6, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
I sure wish you would quit picking on me ....Maybe I could make something to scare you away lol..
for the greater good

Jefferson, GA

#17 Oct 6, 2012
furniture girl wrote:
Sometimes great things take a while. Sometimes after 99 times of tring, it works on the 100th time. Crafts stores will do better later, I'am sure. It's mostly because of the enconomy that craft stores have not got much business. You said you have looked into this, if you are a business owner I would suggest to keep going, don't give up, people may depend on you.
furniture girl

Dahlonega, GA

#18 Oct 7, 2012
for the greater good wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes great things take a while. Sometimes after 99 times of tring, it works on the 100th time. Crafts stores will do better later, I'am sure. It's mostly because of the enconomy that craft stores have not got much business. You said you have looked into this, if you are a business owner I would suggest to keep going, don't give up, people may depend on you.
Thanks for the inspiration. Will you loan me the money?
furniture girl

Dahlonega, GA

#19 Oct 7, 2012
furniture girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the inspiration. Will you loan me the money?
Hello ?????? There ??????

“Shoots a Floridian”

Hiawassee, GA

#20 Oct 7, 2012
furniture girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello ?????? There ??????
Gos back han find the {Truth or Dare} Thred han lets us know who you is No need to puts yore age unless you wants tos. Wes needs to know somethin bout whos wes talkin to. Reads the thread han you wills has a idea whos you talkin tos.
Amos_1

Cleveland, GA

#21 Oct 7, 2012

youse any kin to that Eller gal running for Coroner towns county?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up floridiots Naming your driveway is stupid. 5 hr Timmy_ 92
Question to Lamar 6 hr My Thought 10
head pub in jail?? 7 hr Mari 31
Loonie Liberals 7 hr Faith 1
Can a Liberal be a Christian? 7 hr Nope 204
katie bowman 8 hr bohem 3
Ban Flights Now 9 hr Republican 44
Remove EMC BOARD and Akins 22 hr Ungrounded Current 78

Freeze Watch for Union County was issued at October 30 at 9:14PM EDT

Blairsville News Video