Replace Judge Dwain Brackett

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#372 Aug 2, 2012
Hold on there a minute wrote:
<quoted text>Boo-Hoo Hoo Boo-Hoo Hoo Whaa Whaa Want alittle cheese with that whine?
The election is over and Brackett won so the only reason you would be on here is trying to cover his tail somewhere else or you would want it to die as quickly as possible. I know what your concerns are and you have a righ to be concerned. I'm not crying because I have nothing to cry about. No skin off my tail.
What a Joke

Jefferson, GA

#373 Aug 2, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>The election is over and Brackett won so the only reason you would be on here is trying to cover his tail somewhere else or you would want it to die as quickly as possible. I know what your concerns are and you have a righ to be concerned. I'm not crying because I have nothing to cry about. No skin off my tail.
Another conspiracy theory. Soon Reb will be talking about how the little green aliens abducted him and gave this a rectal exam.

Location hidden

#374 Aug 3, 2012
What a Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Another conspiracy theory. Soon Reb will be talking about how the little green aliens abducted him and gave this a rectal exam.
No conspiracy. Just simple fact. We all know what lies ahead for Brackett and I have never questioned his honor or charcter. I have said all along that he wasn't the best man for the job. What keeps Union County down is letting your feelings vote instead of your intelligence. Brackett couldn't even run in a larger county but because we are considered 2nd rate and don't deserve to be represented as equuals to most counties he is allowed to run. As always I just want the best for Union County and Brackett was not the best man for the job. Regardless of where each man came from Education and work experience should have been the greatest factor and until the people of this county want to do better it will not happen. I guess as usual we will have to wait for someone else to come in and clean up our mess.
What a Joke

Jefferson, GA

#375 Aug 3, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text> No conspiracy. Just simple fact. We all know what lies ahead for Brackett and I have never questioned his honor or charcter. I have said all along that he wasn't the best man for the job. What keeps Union County down is letting your feelings vote instead of your intelligence. Brackett couldn't even run in a larger county but because we are considered 2nd rate and don't deserve to be represented as equuals to most counties he is allowed to run. As always I just want the best for Union County and Brackett was not the best man for the job. Regardless of where each man came from Education and work experience should have been the greatest factor and until the people of this county want to do better it will not happen. I guess as usual we will have to wait for someone else to come in and clean up our mess.
Well I can say this, I met Weinstein and I can certainly say he is definitely on par with your little group of Misfits (i.e.: Reb, ACOG, Tsplat, MV). He has the very same mentality - never happy, always arrogant, always mouthy. It's no surprise to me he didn't win.
Kyle

Texarkana, TX

#376 Aug 3, 2012
Weinstein is honest is why you don`t like him .

Location hidden

#377 Aug 3, 2012
What a Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I can say this, I met Weinstein and I can certainly say he is definitely on par with your little group of Misfits (i.e.: Reb, ACOG, Tsplat, MV). He has the very same mentality - never happy, always arrogant, always mouthy. It's no surprise to me he didn't win.
Well Norm maybe he just didn't like you. Did you ever think about that. Everyone isn't a fan of yours and most perfer someone with a little class
Wrong position

Dawsonville, GA

#378 Aug 3, 2012
I think Weinstein ran for the wrong position. He was much better qualified to run for magistrate judge. The probate judge handles very routine cases and a lawyer with the credentials of Weinstein should have seen that the other position was a better match.

Wonder who helped him decide on the probate position?

“Honesty & Integrity”

Since: Mar 12

Blairsville, GA

#379 Aug 3, 2012
Wrong position wrote:
I think Weinstein ran for the wrong position. He was much better qualified to run for magistrate judge. The probate judge handles very routine cases and a lawyer with the credentials of Weinstein should have seen that the other position was a better match.

Wonder who helped him decide on the probate position?
I was actually wondering that myself as well. Good question.
Wrong position

Dawsonville, GA

#380 Aug 4, 2012
UnionCountyLocal wrote:
<quoted text>
I was actually wondering that myself as well. Good question.
Thanks UCL, I would have thought that Reb would have commented on this. Wonder if he advised Mr. Weinstein.

Location hidden

#381 Aug 4, 2012
Wrong position wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks UCL, I would have thought that Reb would have commented on this. Wonder if he advised Mr. Weinstein.
Not my place to advise him on which office to seek. He was better qualified at both positions than the incumbant so he shold have won either position.
Wrong position

Fitzgerald, GA

#382 Aug 5, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>Not my place to advise him on which office to seek. He was better qualified at both positions than the incumbant so he shold have won either position.
Can't agree with you on the probate position. 16 years of being on the job is good training. Maybe better than 33 years of practicing law in different states, but not GA.

Just saying that the cases heard by the magistrate judge would be more up Mr. Weinstien's area of practice.

Really does not matter now as the voters have spoken. I do think Mr. Wienstein got some bad advice.
Life long uc

Bogart, GA

#383 Aug 5, 2012
It ain't over yet, let's pull for the government.
Wrong position

Fitzgerald, GA

#384 Aug 5, 2012
The fat lady is singing.
Really

United States

#385 Aug 5, 2012
Life long uc wrote:
It ain't over yet, let's pull for the government.
Explain please....the election is over.
Suzie Q

United States

#386 Aug 5, 2012
John wrote:
Send Brackett to JAIL .
Isn't John the name you were called in your past life in another state? Don't you go by something different now?:):)
questions questions

Jefferson, GA

#387 Dec 15, 2013
Cochise wrote:
Dwain Brackett must be replaced as Probate Judge of Union County!Here's a guy never been to law school, let alone graduated,and he is rendering legal decisions in the Probate Court. For Georgia Counties under 96,000 people, here are the qualifications;
(A) Is a citizen of the United States;
(B) Is a resident of the county in which the person seeks the office of judge of the probate court for at least two years prior to qualifying for election to the office and remains a resident of such county during the term of office; [1]
(C) Is a registered voter;
(D) Has attained the age of 25 years prior to the date of qualifying for election to the office, but this subparagraph shall not apply to any person who was holding the office of judge of the probate court on July 1, 1981;
(E) Has obtained a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent; and
(F) Has not been convicted of a felony offense or any offense involving moral turpitude contrary to the laws of this state, any other state, or the United States.
His salary is $78,000 a year, NOW GET THIS, the Probate Judge not only sets the fee schedule for things such as concealed weapons permits, filing fees, but any fee paid to the Probate Judge goes right into his greedy little pockets. No lie! Last year Dwain Brackett collected an additional $50,000 in collected fees to his office.The rightful owners of these fees are the citizens of Union County. The County (Lamar) must enact an Ordinance to mandate such fees be deposit into the account of Union County.Do you think that by doing this, we could actually help defray some of the court administrative costs?
Such a Scandal! These people are blatantly calling this judge a thief and he hasn't defended hisself. Why, what kind of man wouldn't defend hisself when accused of stealing. Well, maybe a quilty one, but surely this can't be true. Can it?
tmv post

AOL

#388 Dec 23, 2013
Here's a QUOTE FROM THE 2012 AUDIT:

Internal controls were not sufficient to track and timely remit cash collections by the Tax Commissioner, Clerk of Courts, and PROBATE COURT of the County; thus they were unable to identify the proper parties to whom liabilities were owed as of December 31, 2012. During our audit inquiries and testing, it was noted the Tax Commissioner, Clerk of Courts, and PROBATE COURT lacked detailed subsidiary listings of parties to whom funds were owed. As a result, each of the offices had cash on hand for which they could not identify the person(s) or purpose they were holding funds for. The UNIDENTIFIED FUNDS stemmed from a lack of subsidiary ledger maintenance which resulted in approximately $9,000,$8,000, and $8,000 in UNIDENTIFIED FUNDS in the Tax Commissioner Fund, Clerk of Courts Fund, and PROBATE COURT Fund, respectively.

Hasn't a Previous Employee of this office complained to Commissioner Paris about Accounting Discrepancies by the Judge regarding CASH Collections? And what was her reward?

I believe she was FIRED.

Year after Year after Year the Audits point to problems. Over and over and over - yet it just gets swept under the rug.
Whit

Dahlonega, GA

#389 Mar 15, 2014
I hear that Brackett got his cash vital records money cut from over 35K down to about 15K. Which is still to much, good job Berry. Let's see if the IRS can get some now!
Bobby

Dahlonega, GA

#390 Mar 15, 2014
Whit wrote:
I hear that Brackett got his cash vital records money cut from over 35K down to about 15K. Which is still to much, good job Berry. Let's see if the IRS can get some now!
That's great news now take some of the over payed bitches money.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#391 Mar 16, 2014
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text> That's great news now take some of the over payed bitches money.
You must be a Floridian to post under two different names. So you like talking to your self?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Union Hospital Authority Board should resign 4 min tellico 88
Gowders Violate Conditions of Release 21 min Tnfan 2
Eric Wood is toast ! 52 min Morning Wood 1
Lamar & SPLOST (Sep '11) 3 hr No Cox 149
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 8 hr jimbo 2 158
I can't believe nobody checked 13 hr Miss Landers 6
Waste of Time with Mason Sun Cletus in Union C... 147
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages