First Prev
of 4
Next Last
My Take

Dahlonega, GA

#87 Jun 23, 2013
The M0untains V0ice wrote:

She claims the hazing rituals included:

"Forcing female pledges to take part in a 'panty run,' in which they are required to run across campus in their underwear as other students, including male students, look on;

"Forcing 'sweethearts'(female members of male fraternities) to stand naked and be judged by the fraternity members;

"Forcing 'sweethearts' to hump the ground and moan as if having sex, as the fraternity members look on;

"Forcing both female and male pledges to stand in a pool of water in which the older pledges have urinated or defecated in;

"Forcing male pledges to engage in 'elephant crawls' through a creek, during which the pledges crawl one behind another, with each pledge's face planted between the buttocks of the pledge in front of him;

"Forcing female pledges to sit unclothed on running washing machines while members of the sorority use a permanent marker to mark areas of their bodies that jiggle;

"Interrogating students who are believed to have 'ratted' on fellow Greeks and making derogatory and sexually explicit personal insults. In one particular instance during the spring semester, a female student was screamed at to the point of tears in front of an entire sorority and called sex-specific insults such as 'cun+' and '*hore.'"
Disgusting stuff.

Those who defend it, go ahead and send your own children there to be abused.
Spin Master

Cornelia, GA

#88 Jun 23, 2013
My Take wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting stuff.
Those who defend it, go ahead and send your own children there to be abused.
"Forcing female pledges to sit unclothed on running washing machines while members of the sorority use a permanent marker to mark areas of their bodies that jiggle;

Oh! the humanity!

We need to scrutinize Navy Seal training too.
Serious

Jefferson, GA

#89 Jun 24, 2013
Spin Master wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh! the humanity!
"Forcing 'sweethearts'(female members of male fraternities) to stand naked and be judged by the fraternity members;

"Forcing 'sweethearts' to hump the ground and moan as if having sex, as the fraternity members look on;

"Forcing both female and male pledges to stand in a pool of water in which the older pledges have urinated or defecated in;

"Forcing male pledges to engage in 'elephant crawls' through a creek, during which the pledges crawl one behind another, with each pledge's face planted between the buttocks of the pledge in front of him;

"Interrogating students who are believed to have 'ratted' on fellow Greeks and making derogatory and sexually explicit personal insults. In one particular instance during the spring semester, a female student was screamed at to the point of tears in front of an entire sorority and called sex-specific insults such as 'cun+' and '*hore.'"

You forgot the rest of the list.

It's ILLEGAL, in case that escapes you.
u choose

Toccoa, GA

#91 Jun 24, 2013
Serious wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the rest of the list.
It's ILLEGAL, in case that escapes you.
It's all elective.......by choice. Comprende? Stay at mom's house and eat your boogers!
u choose

Toccoa, GA

#92 Jun 24, 2013
The M0untains V0ice wrote:
<quoted text>

All in all I would say that Cathy Cox is a disgrace, and a poor reflection on the Methodist Organizations that lend their name to the college. I really don't think she is appropriate to lead a college. She should go.
your wrong on this one grasshopper. Young Harris is fortunate to attract someone of Ms. Cox's caliber.
why

Broken Arrow, OK

#93 Jun 24, 2013
Cox has some baggage of her own.

On April 26, 2006, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that the Wikipedia biography of Mark Taylor, Cox's opponent in the 2006 Democratic gubernatorial primary, had been edited by someone using an IP address associated with the Cox gubernatorial campaign.[1] According to the Associated Press, Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales told reporters that the insertion of a paragraph based on opposition research relating to the arrest of Taylor's son on driving under the influence charges had been traced back to Cox's campaign, but said he had no way of knowing who made the change.[4] After the story broke, Cox denied any knowledge of her campaign manager's alleged actions and said she had instructed her staff not to make the incident an issue. Cox's campaign manager, Morton Brilliant, resigned shortly after the incident was made public.[5]

Bill Shipp reported in the Gwinnett Daily Post that Taylor's aides had known for months about the edits, which they easily traced to Cox's campaign. Taylor held back on publicizing the news until he could use it to upstage a speech by Cox that her staff called a "major policy address". The resulting media coverage gave much wider publicity to the problems of Taylor's son than the changes Brilliant made to Wikipedia.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_Cox

Think Again

Jefferson, GA

#94 Jun 25, 2013
u choose wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all elective ....... by choice. Comprende? Stay at mom's house and eat your boogers!
It's I L L E G A L.

Comprende that attorneys don't file law suits against LEGAL activities?

You have no understanding of how the law works, which is no surprise considering your childish insult. Electing to join a fraternity or sorority does not invalidate the law. In addition, colleges are bound by certain laws to protect their students.
Yep

Jefferson, GA

#95 Jun 25, 2013
u choose wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all elective.......by choice. Comprende? Stay at mom's house and eat your boogers!
Attorneys don't take cases where no laws have been broken.

Comprende that.

“Whine-It's all Bush's Fault”

Since: Feb 13

Blairsville

#96 Jun 27, 2013
Not that I disagree, but you wouldn't knowing step on an established formally recognized name would you?
Tiger

Dahlonega, GA

#97 Jul 14, 2013
Tell me more.
so true

Dawsonville, GA

#98 Jul 14, 2013
What? I thought Mountain Voice was taking care of this and having the administration reorganized. You know how much clout he has. zip zero nada nothing
Terry

Duluth, GA

#99 Jul 18, 2013
When is this going to court?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
INVESTIGATION: Union County vs. City of Blairsv... 10 min tmv post 34
the local people of blairsville 2 hr Bears Way 23
The Mark Of The Beast (Aug '11) 3 hr tmv post 279
Interesting article-link What divides America 3 hr shoop 1
What county in Florida looks for Mountain Homes... 3 hr Happy Days 25
Remove EMC BOARD and Akins 8 hr Just a Thought 151
Time To Clean Up Union County 15 hr Love Blairsville 113

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match