Has Your Family Ever Turned Their Bac...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
real sad

Greenville, TX

#22 Dec 31, 2009
Family problems on the holiday's means too much drama. Have problems on Saint Patricks day for crying out loud if you insist on picking at your family.
GWB

Jefferson, GA

#23 Dec 31, 2009
real sad wrote:
Family problems on the holiday's means too much drama. Have problems on Saint Patricks day for crying out loud if you insist on picking at your family.
Why "St.Patrick's Day? Just curious.
Irish

Jefferson, GA

#24 Dec 31, 2009
real sad wrote:
Family problems on the holiday's means too much drama. Have problems on Saint Patricks day for crying out loud if you insist on picking at your family.
you are an idiot, and some people just have dysfunctional families, through no fault of there own, and yeah having some one there for them is usually asking to much because the family is drunk on dope could care less, should have never had children,they are gamblers eho would rather give their money to a casino or card game vs helping their family member, their parents could just be selfish and self centered. So no it is not always the persons fault that there family has turned there back on them. just because you may be the blame not everyone is.
LostInTime

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Nov 22, 2012
Me and my my Mother were abandoned when my Mum was pregnant with me I spent first five years of my life in a foster home then from 5 all the way up to 23 all I wanted to know was who was where my real Dad was.

I spent years and years trying to find him; I lived in Europe and discovered he lived in America by an absolute fluke I discovered where he was.

Contacted him he invited me over I discovered I had over a 100 family members living in the USA none knew I even existed some dark family secret the second I got here cousins and close relatives started causing trouble for me pushing me away telling me I was never wanted I should go back to Europe. My father was told lies about what I was saying and took his families side

I ended up staying in USA for the last 22 years not one of the 100+ family including my father has ever wished me happy birthday or invited me to any functions its like I do not know them. They all live about 2 miles up the road from me for the last 20 years but have never called me or said hi.

Families can be very strange for the rest of my day s I will ache and never understand why families can be so cruel to their own.
for the greater good

Dawsonville, GA

#26 Nov 23, 2012
LostInTime wrote:
Me and my my Mother were abandoned when my Mum was pregnant with me I spent first five years of my life in a foster home then from 5 all the way up to 23 all I wanted to know was who was where my real Dad was.
I spent years and years trying to find him; I lived in Europe and discovered he lived in America by an absolute fluke I discovered where he was.
Contacted him he invited me over I discovered I had over a 100 family members living in the USA none knew I even existed some dark family secret the second I got here cousins and close relatives started causing trouble for me pushing me away telling me I was never wanted I should go back to Europe. My father was told lies about what I was saying and took his families side
I ended up staying in USA for the last 22 years not one of the 100+ family including my father has ever wished me happy birthday or invited me to any functions its like I do not know them. They all live about 2 miles up the road from me for the last 20 years but have never called me or said hi.
Families can be very strange for the rest of my day s I will ache and never understand why families can be so cruel to their own.
That is just horrible, that you be treated that way.
I don't know if your religious, but have you considered taking God as part of your family? I would also suggest you find a kind group of people that could be, well sort of a family. I believe there is more to a family then just being blood related.
You were and are wanted. God wanted you to exist! Don't let others tell you, you were not wanted. You were wanted by somebody, and that was and is God. I don't know why all this happened to you, but I believe everything thing happens for a reason.

God created you, therefore God wanted you, and has a purpose just for you.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#27 Nov 23, 2012
Has Your Family Ever Turned Their Back On You

Well when I crack too many jokes they all go into the other room, I guess that counts.
voter

Cleveland, GA

#28 Nov 23, 2012
LostInTime wrote:
Me and my my Mother were abandoned when my Mum was pregnant with me I spent first five years of my life in a foster home then from 5 all the way up to 23 all I wanted to know was who was where my real Dad was.
I spent years and years trying to find him; I lived in Europe and discovered he lived in America by an absolute fluke I discovered where he was.
Contacted him he invited me over I discovered I had over a 100 family members living in the USA none knew I even existed some dark family secret the second I got here cousins and close relatives started causing trouble for me pushing me away telling me I was never wanted I should go back to Europe. My father was told lies about what I was saying and took his families side
I ended up staying in USA for the last 22 years not one of the 100+ family including my father has ever wished me happy birthday or invited me to any functions its like I do not know them. They all live about 2 miles up the road from me for the last 20 years but have never called me or said hi.
Families can be very strange for the rest of my day s I will ache and never understand why families can be so cruel to their own.
I will never understand this.. I have a house full this thanksgiving..7 little boys...1 is mine by birth, 2 are my sisters by birth..4 are other peoples biological children that are now ours, for their sperm/egg donors can't get their sh*t together,not even for their children!!!!But you should see the looks I get out in public..I usually have 8-7-6 yr. old boys with me..One of them being my biological son,but ppl look at me like WTH...

Since: Oct 11

not flarda

#29 Nov 23, 2012
Here's a hint fer ye, yore jokes haint the reason thay went to the other room.
Floridian wrote:
Has Your Family Ever Turned Their Back On You
Well when I crack too many jokes they all go into the other room, I guess that counts.
JMD

Mount Prospect, IL

#30 Feb 20, 2013
mouth wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like you stuck you noise where it didn't belong. you should take care of you own affairs and leave others alone.
I think that's a terrible thing to say to someone. First of all, it's "nose" not "noise". Second, I completely understand what this person is saying because I've been in the same situation. I have repeatedly done for my family both emotionally and financially. I was the virtual ATM to them. The moment I fell on my luck it got awfully quiet. Many turned their back on me. The same people that I was helping pay rent, food, etc. So yes, it does happen. Ever heard of sibling rivalry or a user? Users will spit you out once they've milked you dry. I agree to take it God because we all have a friend in Jesus.
nope

Toronto, Canada

#31 Nov 19, 2015
threadrunner wrote:
There is a reason they turned their back on your and there is always two ends of a stick, or should I say, two sides to a story. I am not being mean, but it's true, families don't just turn their back unless something has happened and it involved you too.
Not true. Many people are toxic and will hurt you and it is not your fault in any way. It's not my children's fault that their fathers family can't be bothered with them. They're just kids.
Family

Sylacauga, AL

#32 Nov 19, 2015
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Many people are toxic and will hurt you and it is not your fault in any way. It's not my children's fault that their fathers family can't be bothered with them. They're just kids.
This happens when you marry family.
In Love w ryals daugh

United States

#33 Nov 28, 2015
I used to have sex with Ryals daughter. He found out we were having an sex and was never talked to again except by there daughter. We were sneaking away to motels. Don't get why
Princess

Rockville, MD

#34 Aug 14, 2016
threadrunner wrote:
There is a reason they turned their back on your and there is always two ends of a stick, or should I say, two sides to a story. I am not being mean, but it's true, families don't just turn their back unless something has happened and it involved you too.
Sorry but I have to disagree : sometimes there are 2 sides and sometimes there are no sides ! Family can become envious or jealous of a kind hearted & well intended individual .
Princess

Rockville, MD

#35 Aug 14, 2016
threadrunner wrote:
This reminds me of people who are arrested and go to jail. It's never their fault, they didn't do ANYTHING. Then, why are you sitting in jail? Same applies to those family members who claim they didn't do anything for other family members to turn their back. Obviously, something was done or they wouldn't of turned their back on you.
Sorry I disagree !!
Princess

Rockville, MD

#36 Aug 14, 2016
boodoodle wrote:
The problem is, you don't choose your family, however you can choose your friends. I had one family member that was so narcissistic that she didn't know anyone else existed but her .... life was all about HER and I did everything in my power to stay away from HER.
Great choice to stay away from the toxicity !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslim in Blairsville 6 hr dgd748 38
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 6 hr dgd748 464
Floridees 20 hr Timmy is a homer ... 4
Union County Sole Commissioners Lamar Paris "S... (Jun '15) Wed hvactinknocker 92
THAT Falling Apart Decrepit Trailer Tue The Mountains Noise 95
Sephardic Jews and Spanish living in the mounta... (Jun '11) Mon Zeke on Blood Mou... 43
Have you dealt with Adult protective services? Apr 23 Need Feedback 8

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages