I think

Andrews, NC

#127 Jun 7, 2013
Don't pay attention to these individuals that troll topix and stir up trouble.
UC Voter

Dawsonville, GA

#128 Jun 7, 2013
Lost Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. It's incredible how many want to blame the victim.
The typical conversation goes like this:
ME: Hello, I need someone to come out and do XYZ.
OWNER: Okay, I can do that. When would you like me to come out?
ME: Whatever time is good for you.
OWNER: How about Tuesday at 10:00 in the morning?
ME: That's great. See you then.
So when they never show up, it's all my fault. Yeah. Right. Whatever. Thanks for the helpful input.
Still bitching? No wonder.
I think

Andrews, NC

#129 Jun 7, 2013
Another Troll.
Lost Hope

Jefferson, GA

#130 Jun 10, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Still bitching? No wonder.
No, I was answering the other poster. Not you.

Why are you so defensive? Are you one of those that doesn't show up?
somethingnew

Hiawassee, GA

#131 Jun 11, 2013
Perhaps the citizens of Union, Towns, and Clay counties should start a thread where we recommend good, local talent.

I am looking for a dependable lawn maintenance company in Hiawassee right now. I am having trouble finding one. I would love to find one based on the experiences of others.
Yes

Jefferson, GA

#132 Jun 12, 2013
somethingnew wrote:
Perhaps the citizens of Union, Towns, and Clay counties should start a thread where we recommend good, local talent.

I am looking for a dependable lawn maintenance company in Hiawassee right now. I am having trouble finding one. I would love to find one based on the experiences of others.
Great idea! Go ahead and start the thread.
Home Repairs

Blairsville, GA

#133 Jun 22, 2013
I feel your pain! No one wants to earn an honest living. So many people are just living on unemployment and dont want to work. Sick and tired of it!
Florida Boy

Toccoa, GA

#134 Oct 19, 2013
Lost Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain them not returning messages and not showing up BEFORE meeting us? How do you explain them making appointments, choosing the best time for themselves, and then not bothering to show up?
We are very polite and respectful to everyone. We are not demanding and we compliment their work (when they show up). This happens to everyone else I know too, to the point that we all wonder. That's the problem; it's COMMON here.
We even had a neighbor who was a local (and loved us) recommend her nephew to till some ground for us so we could put in a vegetable garden. He called us and sounded all enthusiastic, said he knew exactly where the house was, made an appointment ... and never showed up.
I've lost count how often this happens.
Maybe, just maybe, THEY are the problem. I am asking what makes them this way.
What you've experienced is very typical for this area. If you need work done at your home come hunting season, you can forget about !
The work ethic here is rather atrocious. You'd think the locals would want the work with incomes so low and steady jobs hard to come by. I guess welfare is paying better these days than it used to. They complain about all the Floridians that have settled here. If it weren't for all the money brought to this area by Floridians you wouldn't have WalMart and half the other businesses that have sprung up over the past 30 years. It would be like the movie "Deliverance". The locals aren't buying up the property and building the new homes that create the construction and contractor jobs. I know several business owners in Blairsville that have to call in plumbers, electricians, heating & air, etc from the Atlanta area because the local contractors either don't return calls or show up when they said they would. Its truly frustrating, but sad.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#135 Oct 19, 2013
Florida Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
What you've experienced is very typical for this area. If you need work done at your home come hunting season, you can forget about !
The work ethic here is rather atrocious. You'd think the locals would want the work with incomes so low and steady jobs hard to come by. I guess welfare is paying better these days than it used to. They complain about all the Floridians that have settled here. If it weren't for all the money brought to this area by Floridians you wouldn't have WalMart and half the other businesses that have sprung up over the past 30 years. It would be like the movie "Deliverance". The locals aren't buying up the property and building the new homes that create the construction and contractor jobs. I know several business owners in Blairsville that have to call in plumbers, electricians, heating & air, etc from the Atlanta area because the local contractors either don't return calls or show up when they said they would. Its truly frustrating, but sad.
There was a lot more jobs 30 years ago without the Floridians.
neighbor

Cornelia, GA

#136 Oct 20, 2013
Florida Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
You have just explained in a nut shell why locals call people such as you Florididots. You are a guest here and you need to act like one. Most don't really want you here and most certainly don't depend on you for their living. The area survived without you before you came and will do even better when you are gone. Those who have some common sense and have become viable members of the county are welcome to stay but fools like you need to hit 515 south.
Florida Boy

Toccoa, GA

#137 Oct 20, 2013
neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>You have just explained in a nut shell why locals call people such as you Florididots. You are a guest here and you need to act like one. Most don't really want you here and most certainly don't depend on you for their living. The area survived without you before you came and will do even better when you are gone. Those who have some common sense and have become viable members of the county are welcome to stay but fools like you need to hit 515 south.
I may be considered a "guest" in your eyes, but this guest probably pays more in local sales and property taxes than your entire, half-witted, government-dependent family put together. You can't even spell Floridiot correctly. I really don't care if you and your kind want me here or not; there are more of us heading your way. Your toothless cousins will continue to sell us their land.

Location hidden

#138 Oct 20, 2013
Florida Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be considered a "guest" in your eyes, but this guest probably pays more in local sales and property taxes than your entire, half-witted, government-dependent family put together. You can't even spell Floridiot correctly. I really don't care if you and your kind want me here or not; there are more of us heading your way. Your toothless cousins will continue to sell us their land.
Your right you are not a guest. A guest is someone that is welcome. floridiots are not welcome anywhere in the Southern Appalachian mountains.
Rich Golfer

Dawsonville, GA

#139 Oct 20, 2013
neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>You have just explained in a nut shell why locals call people such as you Florididots. You are a guest here and you need to act like one. Most don't really want you here and most certainly don't depend on you for their living. The area survived without you before you came and will do even better when you are gone. Those who have some common sense and have become viable members of the county are welcome to stay but fools like you need to hit 515 south.
I second that!
I'm a transplant from another part of the USA and I don't like the Florida people. Yeah, some are okay but the majority could leave and would never be missed. This is my favorite time of year when they start filling up that RV and hauling their car and crap back to Florida. Those who think they have made Blairsville what it is are people who isolate themselves from the rest of the community. They haven't a clue but will be the first to bitch and complain.
Rich Golfer

Dawsonville, GA

#140 Oct 20, 2013
Florida Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment proved my point that people like you are jerks and haven't a clue. You write like one of my idiot neighbors, but the town is filled with your kind.
Fur

Cleveland, GA

#141 Oct 20, 2013
What locals can't grasp or seem to understand people who move here could care less what you think or want.
neighbor

Cornelia, GA

#142 Oct 20, 2013
Fur wrote:
What locals can't grasp or seem to understand people who move here could care less what you think or want.
What you fail to understand is that without the locals you would freeze your ass off, have to walk where ever you go because your ole jalopy want run, have to eat road kill because the store shelves aren't stocked, Drink from a mud hole because the water system doesn't work and in general have to crap in your britches because you wouldn't have a sewer system or septic tank. Maybe you had better talk nice before we let you sleep under a bridge.

Location hidden

#143 Oct 20, 2013
Fur wrote:
What floridiots fail to grasp is we could care less what they want.
lorac

Trussville, AL

#144 Oct 20, 2013
Without the people that move here, locals would not have the money for a water system ( you might still be on a contaminated well or spring) And the locals might still have an outhouse, not a sewer system. The many stores here would not be here with the selection locals buy, and used to have to travel to the Atlanta area to buy. Gravel roads because the county could not afford to pave the roads. Hospitals, Doctors No bridges because there would not be the tax money collected to build a bridge. The schools would not have the tax money to educate YOUR children so they can have the better life you want for them. So see "neighbor" this can go both ways.
neighbor

Cornelia, GA

#145 Oct 20, 2013
lorac wrote:
Without the people that move here, locals would not have the money for a water system ( you might still be on a contaminated well or spring) And the locals might still have an outhouse, not a sewer system. The many stores here would not be here with the selection locals buy, and used to have to travel to the Atlanta area to buy. Gravel roads because the county could not afford to pave the roads. Hospitals, Doctors No bridges because there would not be the tax money collected to build a bridge. The schools would not have the tax money to educate YOUR children so they can have the better life you want for them. So see "neighbor" this can go both ways.
What you don't seem to grasp is the fact we had all of these things before you got here. The only thing you brought was a clean shirt and a hundred dollar bill and you haven't changed either one since you got here.

Location hidden

#146 Oct 20, 2013
lorac wrote:
not hardly we had those things before the floridiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dish network 1 hr Dexie Ranger 29
Restaurants open on Christmas Day 3 hr Help 1
Scott Stephens was FIRED from the sheriff's off... (Sep '08) 15 hr redimix 38
Loonie Liberals 16 hr dixie ranger 74
Christmas Wed Broke 4
DAKOTA SHERWOOD involved in DOLLAR STORE ROBBERY Wed Night Rider 13
Reported Union Co. GOP chief arrested for sexua... Dec 22 Sassafrass Tea 9

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match