“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#105 May 20, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
An fer yu it stil aint
Why youse Floridian guise talk through your nose? You sound like an hybrid Cuban/Canadian cross.
Georgia Idiots

Homer, GA

#106 May 20, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
They are georgidiots!
Exactly why I use this name...when they ease up if they ever do which I doubt very much I will change it. I don't appreciate it so I wondered how they would feel..
Well

United States

#107 May 20, 2013
Georgia Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly why I use this name...when they ease up if they ever do which I doubt very much I will change it. I don't appreciate it so I wondered how they would feel..
Kinda gotta accustomed to the stupidity by the Few uneducated georgidiots. Just smile at them and keep on enjoying my life in fannin county when I visit . Sure is nice knowing lots of wonderful people there that are totally awesome.
Georgia Idiots

Homer, GA

#108 May 20, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda gotta accustomed to the stupidity by the Few uneducated georgidiots. Just smile at them and keep on enjoying my life in fannin county when I visit . Sure is nice knowing lots of wonderful people there that are totally awesome.
There are a lot of people here that are really good and kind. But they sure are not on this forum...Some on here are good but you can tell the ones that are not...all they want to do is bash Floridians.
Lost Hope

Dawsonville, GA

#109 May 20, 2013
Barry SPI wrote:
How the Hell did a simple question from Hope, turn into all this Chit?

I have meant plenty of A-holes from Florida and from here BUT I have meant some great People from FL and here also.

The idiots, I just leave alone and could care less what they do, out of sight, out of mind.

Works good that way.
Yep! There are good and bad from EVERYWHERE.
Toni

Tampa, FL

#110 May 21, 2013
Yes,many wonderful Floridians ,Atlantans,along with many locals and many people from other areas of the country.
Unfortunately, there are a SMALL group of people in North Georiga that get on this site to be not only disrespectful to others but to themselves as well.
In life we must accept some people are miserible and they want that for others.
Critizing and saying hurtful things says more about the person saying them than the ones they are saying it to or about!
Let's all hope that someday these people will let the anger go so they can truly enjoy life.
Everyone keeping enjoying your lives to the fullest and wish these people the same.
hitred

Pittsburgh, PA

#111 May 23, 2013

Get Lucky quit lose and be wimps
UC VOTER

Douglas, GA

#112 May 23, 2013
"THESE PEOPLE"

"THESE PEOPLE"

"THESE PEOPLE"

Funny, I don't have the problems stated above, but I'm not as self-absorbed as those who are bitching all the time. Look in the mirror. I beat you money it isn't THESE PEOPLE, but YOU that is causing the problem.
Get real

Douglas, GA

#113 May 24, 2013
Lost Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain them not returning messages and not showing up BEFORE meeting us? How do you explain them making appointments, choosing the best time for themselves, and then not bothering to show up?
We are very polite and respectful to everyone. We are not demanding and we compliment their work (when they show up). This happens to everyone else I know too, to the point that we all wonder. That's the problem; it's COMMON here.
We even had a neighbor who was a local (and loved us) recommend her nephew to till some ground for us so we could put in a vegetable garden. He called us and sounded all enthusiastic, said he knew exactly where the house was, made an appointment ... and never showed up.
I've lost count how often this happens.
Maybe, just maybe, THEY are the problem. I am asking what makes them this way.
When you divide people into groups such as UC Voter stated "these people" and the words "they," you become a part of the problem. Move-ins sound and think they are better than the local people and it comes across in your attitude, choice of words, and voice.

I was at a party where all the people were from Florida. All they did was complain about "these people" and how "they" are so annoying. I wonder why the party-goers moved here? As the evening rolled by, one man asked where I lived. I told him. He arrogantly threw a business card in front of me and said, "You live by these fools who keep putting me off!" I know the "fools" well and they work to live, they don't live to work. The "fools" had more than their share of work and would not work for demanding and snotty move-ins who valued their possessions more than life itself. The people from Florida were the problem, not the "fools!" The "fools" and I discussed the gentleman from Florida and I can assure you that the "fools" never put him on their to-do list.

I own a small business and will not work for people who are demanding, arrogrant, and talk to me like I need to be given instructions like a child. I'm also a move-in but not from Florida. There is an attitude that Florida people have that can't be mistaken. While you may think you are polite and respectful, if you talk down to people, they'll never show up, call back, or want to work for you.

I'll pass up a big job if I know I'll be dealing with idiots. I don't need the money that badly.
Get real

Douglas, GA

#114 May 24, 2013
Oh, by the way, if someone doesn't show, I call them and ask them to please make another appointment and what would be best for THEM. I'm not bugging the people, but I do call and call again if I need a certain person to help out. They usually come through. Life is too short to get your panties in a wad because someone doesn't jump when you want them to.

If a person doesn't show at a particular time, I call and ask if they are coming or not because I have other things to do. I don't wait around.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#115 May 24, 2013
With all it diversity and people, isn't the world a beautiful place? If you are hiring help and it doesn't work out, just keep trying.Sooner or later you will find someone that meets your standards.
Beach Bum

United States

#116 May 24, 2013
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>
When you divide people into groups such as UC Voter stated "these people" and the words "they," you become a part of the problem. Move-ins sound and think they are better than the local people and it comes across in your attitude, choice of words, and voice.
I was at a party where all the people were from Florida. All they did was complain about "these people" and how "they" are so annoying. I wonder why the party-goers moved here? As the evening rolled by, one man asked where I lived. I told him. He arrogantly threw a business card in front of me and said, "You live by these fools who keep putting me off!" I know the "fools" well and they work to live, they don't live to work. The "fools" had more than their share of work and would not work for demanding and snotty move-ins who valued their possessions more than life itself. The people from Florida were the problem, not the "fools!" The "fools" and I discussed the gentleman from Florida and I can assure you that the "fools" never put him on their to-do list.
I own a small business and will not work for people who are demanding, arrogrant, and talk to me like I need to be given instructions like a child. I'm also a move-in but not from Florida. There is an attitude that Florida people have that can't be mistaken. While you may think you are polite and respectful, if you talk down to people, they'll never show up, call back, or want to work for you.
I'll pass up a big job if I know I'll be dealing with idiots. I don't need the money that badly.

I can see you are troublemaker as well . I assure you that there are a lot of people out there that do not have your attitude or the attitude you say floridians have. I'm a Floridian and I have had many trades work at my home - I have treated them fairly & with respect and they have iin return. Think it's time to stop judging everyone by that of another person .most of the people moving to the area aren't from florida anyway. Everyone has the opportunity to be a good ambassador . Why weren't you? What does that say about you going and stirring the pot more? This makes youno better than the people you are complaining about.
Book Reader

Otto, NC

#117 May 25, 2013
Well said.
Toni wrote:
Yes,many wonderful Floridians ,Atlantans,along with many locals and many people from other areas of the country.
Unfortunately, there are a SMALL group of people in North Georiga that get on this site to be not only disrespectful to others but to themselves as well.
In life we must accept some people are miserible and they want that for others.
Critizing and saying hurtful things says more about the person saying them than the ones they are saying it to or about!
Let's all hope that someday these people will let the anger go so they can truly enjoy life.
Everyone keeping enjoying your lives to the fullest and wish these people the same.
Georgia Idiots

Gillsville, GA

#118 May 25, 2013
UC VOTER wrote:
"THESE PEOPLE"
"THESE PEOPLE"
"THESE PEOPLE"
Funny, I don't have the problems stated above, but I'm not as self-absorbed as those who are bitching all the time. Look in the mirror. I beat you money it isn't THESE PEOPLE, but YOU that is causing the problem.
I wouldn't "beat" you money but I would bet you money that it IS the locals that start it all on this forum, continually complaining about Floridians non stop..These people are the ones that need to give it a break. There are much better topics to discuss then the hate they have for Floridians or those not from here. Look back through topics and see how much criticism is posted about people that have moved here and how they are not welcomed.
say wha

Canton, GA

#119 May 25, 2013
Curious wrote:
With all it diversity and people, isn't the world a beautiful place?
Pretty funny coming from Blairsville GA. All white. Odd.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#120 May 25, 2013
say wha wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny coming from Blairsville GA. All white. Odd.
It was meant to be sarcasm.
What

Otto, NC

#123 May 26, 2013
You're from Georgia, aren't you??
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Why youse Floridian guise talk through your nose? You sound like an hybrid Cuban/Canadian cross.
Lost Hope

Adel, GA

#124 May 27, 2013
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>

I do not speak to people in a demanding or arrogant tone. I do not talk down to them.

Just because you went to a party with obnoxious people, you have now decided it's my fault. You decided this without ever having met me.

Guess what? I wasn't at that party and I am not those people. Nor did I move here from Florida.

God forbid you should entertain the idea that some people are just irresponsible.
Gets frusturating

Tucker, GA

#125 Jun 5, 2013
I agree with you. People tend to whine about no money, work, food, etc. However, when given an opportunity to work, they always have an excuse of why they can't or they just don't show up. Good luck!
Lost Hope

Reidsville, GA

#126 Jun 6, 2013
Gets frusturating wrote:
I agree with you. People tend to whine about no money, work, food, etc. However, when given an opportunity to work, they always have an excuse of why they can't or they just don't show up. Good luck!
Thanks. It's incredible how many want to blame the victim.

The typical conversation goes like this:

ME: Hello, I need someone to come out and do XYZ.

OWNER: Okay, I can do that. When would you like me to come out?

ME: Whatever time is good for you.

OWNER: How about Tuesday at 10:00 in the morning?

ME: That's great. See you then.

So when they never show up, it's all my fault. Yeah. Right. Whatever. Thanks for the helpful input.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
john hill 3 hr Disgusting 4
Still proud of your President? Fri ashamed of 81
wow blairsville finally has a real pet store!!! Fri The Mountains Noise 89
Local car wash Fri John 5
Muslim in Blairsville May 25 Bacon in Blairsville 67
If you cant pay your bills stop spending foolishly May 24 Waffle boy 134
boycott mike's seafood till he takes orders at ... (Mar '11) May 24 New Restaurant! 278

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages