Georgia Idiots

Toccoa, GA

#84 May 19, 2013
You North Georgia mountain people need to grow up and act like adults..and learn to accept people no matter where they are from..you assume instead of going on facts or you would have nothing to say about Floridians that they could not in turn say back to you. Floridians are hard working respectful people.. There are rich snobby people from all around this country not just Florida and I can tell you from experience there are many right here... Have yet to figure out why you all only pinpoint Floridians.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#85 May 19, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>It didn't contain alcohol.
John 2:9, 10
King James Bible
9When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was:(but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, 10And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. 11This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

The word translated “wine” here is in Hebrew; tirohsh
And in Greek; gleukos
Both words translated mean FERMENTED fruit juice usually grapes; it’s the same word Paul used when he advised Timothy to “take a little wine for his stomachs sake”
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#86 May 19, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
King James Bible
9When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was:(but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, 10And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. 11This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.
And in Greek; gleukos
Both words translated mean FERMENTED fruit juice usually grapes; it’s the same word Paul used when he advised Timothy to “take a little wine for his stomachs sake”
You are wasting your time with Timmy. He is a good southern baptist, and will not accept that it indeed had alcohol in it. For the life of me I don't understand their thinking on it. While most southern baptist probably have a drink now and then especially when out of town. I would be willing to say that includes Timmy also.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#87 May 19, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>You are wasting your time with Timmy. He is a good southern baptist, and will not accept that it indeed had alcohol in it. For the life of me I don't understand their thinking on it. While most southern baptist probably have a drink now and then especially when out of town. I would be willing to say that includes Timmy also.
Yeah I know but I'm not going to let him get by spreading untruths.
Soggy Bottom USA

Twinsburg, OH

#88 May 19, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
Tell those ignorant Floridians, Timmy. They didn't have refrigeration back in the days of the bible and that wine was grape juice. Tell them the King James Version of the Bible was good enough for Jesus and if they don't read it too, they are going straight to hell.
Soggy Bottom USA

Twinsburg, OH

#89 May 19, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>You are wasting your time with Timmy. He is a good southern baptist, and will not accept that it indeed had alcohol in it. For the life of me I don't understand their thinking on it. While most southern baptist probably have a drink now and then especially when out of town. I would be willing to say that includes Timmy also.
King James Only Baptist doctrine

KJOB preachers tell their sheep that wine in the Bible is grape juice. And be not drunk with grape juice...

Ephesians 5:18 (1611 King James Bible)

And bee not drunke with wine, wherein is excesse: but bee filled with the Spirit.

Soggy Bottom USA

Twinsburg, OH

#90 May 19, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
King James Bible
And in Greek; gleukos
10And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

Paraphrase: Get them drunk on the good wine and they won't know the difference when they get that which is worse.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#91 May 19, 2013
Soggy Bottom USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell those ignorant Floridians, Timmy. They didn't have refrigeration back in the days of the bible and that wine was grape juice. Tell them the King James Version of the Bible was good enough for Jesus and if they don't read it too, they are going straight to hell.
English wouldn't even a language 2000 years ago.
Georgia Idiots

Toccoa, GA

#92 May 19, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
Isaiah 28:7
But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

How do you get drunk on grape juice?
Soggy Bottom USA

Twinsburg, OH

#93 May 19, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo...You think Jesus was evil? After all he DID make all that wine at the wedding now didn't he.
Functional illiteracy is reading and writing skills that are inadequate "to manage daily living and employment tasks that require reading skills beyond a basic level."

A lot of KJO's think illogically. Timmy probably depends on his pastor to tell him what the KJV says...rather than drawing his own conclusions -- it is either brain washing or ignorance. I can't imagine the people who drunk the kool-aid at Jones-town were all ignorant...

In business, I run across people who use straw arguments and either-or-assumptions. I'm beginning to believe it is epidemic.

Straw Arguments

This is the most common type of weak argument.

Straw lacks substance, it blows away in the wind. A straw argument is therefore a fragile one, that is easy to demolish.

Either-or assumptions

This type of reasoning is also weak, based on the assumption that there is no middle ground between two extremes: things are either black or white, right or wrong!
Georgia Idiots

Toccoa, GA

#94 May 19, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
Genesis 9:21
And he drank of the wine, and was "drunken" and he was uncovered within his tent.
Soggy Bottom USA

Twinsburg, OH

#96 May 19, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>English wouldn't even a language 2000 years ago.
You are quick, Timmy.
mountain melody

Dawsonville, GA

#97 May 20, 2013
Georgia Idiots wrote:
You North Georgia mountain people need to grow up and act like adults..and learn to accept people no matter where they are from..you assume instead of going on facts or you would have nothing to say about Floridians that they could not in turn say back to you. Floridians are hard working respectful people.. There are rich snobby people from all around this country not just Florida and I can tell you from experience there are many right here... Have yet to figure out why you all only pinpoint Floridians.
You North Georgia mountain people??? Isn't that stereotyping???
Get it right

United States

#98 May 20, 2013
Georgia Idiots wrote:
Because the n ga people on this site are uneducated and extremely jealous of those that have education, money and motivation. Friends with many n ga natives and they have tried to help some of these people, to no avail. I've heard it from the locals so often how these people are. These people are losers and always will be . I just give thanks my parents taught me to imbrace life with kindness ,respect ,and love.As most of us know life is good ! No one can take that away. When I hear all this nonsense it only challenges me to be a better person by working harder, caring ad giving back more. Happy and loving life and all the good people along the way! Have a smashing sumner.
Georgia Idiots

Twinsburg, OH

#99 May 20, 2013
mountain melody wrote:
<quoted text> You North Georgia mountain people??? Isn't that stereotyping???
Where do you get that? Do you not live in the North Georgia Mountains? and are you not part of the people? What about you all calling Floridians "Floridiots"? People that live here are North Georgia Mountain people..
Well

Tampa, FL

#100 May 20, 2013
Georgia Idiots wrote:
<quoted text> Where do you get that? Do you not live in the North Georgia Mountains? and are you not part of the people? What about you all calling Floridians "Floridiots"? People that live here are North Georgia Mountain people..

They are georgidiots!
Barry SPI

Blairsville, GA

#101 May 20, 2013
How the Hell did a simple question from Hope, turn into all this Chit?

I have meant plenty of A-holes from Florida and from here BUT I have meant some great People from FL and here also.

The idiots, I just leave alone and could care less what they do, out of sight, out of mind.

Works good that way.
Good Question

Dahlonega, GA

#102 May 20, 2013
Georgia Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 28:7
But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

How do you get drunk on grape juice?
Yeah, how do you get drunk on grape juice? The bible is filled with stories of people getting drunk.

Use common sense, people. If people were getting drunk, then it wasn't just grape juice!!!
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#103 May 20, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>English wouldn't even a language 2000 years ago.
An fer yu it stil aint
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#104 May 20, 2013
mountain melody wrote:
<quoted text> You North Georgia mountain people??? Isn't that stereotyping???
Nope, it's monotyping

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remove EMC BOARD and Akins 3 hr A Commenter 70
florida 4 hr Mary 34
Ban Flights Now 13 hr Opie 41
Isn't politics ineresting 13 hr ACOG 15
Obama: "If Michelle Nunn Wins, That Means Democ... 15 hr XYZ 2
Bicycles 21 hr Republican 8
End of Days Thu Barter 3

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match