citizen

Commerce, GA

#21 May 17, 2013
We have come across people like you....my husband had a job grading and cutting a tree. He was suppose be there on (such-n-such)day.Well over the weekend his mother had gotten worse than she had been.We call the ambulance to come pick her up, the hospital sent her back home,with nothing they could do for her.Told the family to call in hospice.The man he had the job for called "your husband was suppose to be here this morning." I told him my mother-in-law had just passed.He states if he can't come out now, come get his "machine". I told him that would be best,and he could call someone else. Later on that evening he calls again(not knowing he was calling the same number).He goes over what he wants done, I said"sir, not sure when someone could come out and look at the job,that we had just lost wife/mother. He said there sure is a lot of deaths around here...we don't have to work for inconsiderate *ssholes....
Lost Hope

Dawsonville, GA

#22 May 17, 2013
citizen wrote:
We have come across people like you....my husband had a job grading and cutting a tree. He was suppose be there on (such-n-such)day.Well over the weekend his mother had gotten worse than she had been.We call the ambulance to come pick her up, the hospital sent her back home,with nothing they could do for her.Told the family to call in hospice.The man he had the job for called "your husband was suppose to be here this morning." I told him my mother-in-law had just passed. He states if he can't come out now, come get his "machine". I told him that would be best,and he could call someone else. Later on that evening he calls again(not knowing he was calling the same number).He goes over what he wants done, I said"sir, not sure when someone could come out and look at the job,that we had just lost wife/mother. He said there sure is a lot of deaths around here...we don't have to work for inconsiderate *ssholes....
I'm sorry for your loss, but NO you have NOT come across people like me. Why would you assume I did what that man did?

Once they don't show up, I do not call them to ask what happened. I figure if they're not interested in picking up the phone to offer any explanation, I'm not going to hunt them down.

There sure are a lot of people who want to make this my fault.
just curious

Maysville, GA

#23 May 17, 2013
I'm just curious why you don't clean your own toilet, mow your own grass, and plant your own garden....your Hiness.

Since: May 13

Lexington, KY

#24 May 17, 2013
Lack of self respect.
Lost Hope

Dawsonville, GA

#25 May 17, 2013
just curious wrote:
I'm just curious why you don't clean your own toilet, mow your own grass, and plant your own garden....your Hiness.
I'll answer that as soon as you answer why people own businesses to clean toilets, mow lawns, and till gardens, but don't return calls or show up.

You first.

And what is a "Hiness"? That word isn't in any dictionary.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#26 May 17, 2013
Lost Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer that as soon as you answer why people own businesses to clean toilets, mow lawns, and till gardens, but don't return calls or show up.
You first.
And what is a "Hiness"? That word isn't in any dictionary.
I do handyman type work, and most people are quite nice. However, I do run across people that aren't. My suggestions is if this keeps happening to you, look at yourself and see if you are doing or saying anything that would offend people. If you feel you are polite and nice than look for someone else to do your work. Sometimes things don't click between people. I will give you one example that happened to me. I worked for this lady who paid a fair wage, but the whole time I was there she was continually trashing everybody that had ever worked for her before, along with all her neighbors. Plus on top of this she had 3 dogs that you had to work around in the yard with pulling weeds and trying not to get in dog crap. So to sum it up even though she paid extremely well... it was very aggravating to work for her.
Soggy Bottom Boys

Braselton, GA

#27 May 17, 2013
Good point wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Pack you things nad move away from a place of slough, greed, mediocrity and drama. Notice the reference to junk in the above post...well...that's what you get in Union County.......Don't expect people with class as normal people know it...so don't complain..it will get you no where. You can't change "their" culture.... Do yourself a favor and move. Find a good place with people who have a work ethic and morals....Best of luck.
Perhaps Mexico would be a good place for those carpet baggers to go. Sorry, I got to go coon hunting...be back soon.
Lost Hope

Dawsonville, GA

#28 May 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>I do handyman type work, and most people are quite nice. However, I do run across people that aren't. My suggestions is if this keeps happening to you, look at yourself and see if you are doing or saying anything that would offend people. If you feel you are polite and nice than look for someone else to do your work. Sometimes things don't click between people. I will give you one example that happened to me. I worked for this lady who paid a fair wage, but the whole time I was there she was continually trashing everybody that had ever worked for her before, along with all her neighbors. Plus on top of this she had 3 dogs that you had to work around in the yard with pulling weeds and trying not to get in dog crap. So to sum it up even though she paid extremely well... it was very aggravating to work for her.
Curious, I would never dream of hiring someone and saying ANYTHING to offend them. What would that accomplish? I want them to feel good about what they're doing. I don't even talk to them while they're working because I am busy myself running a business from home.

This is mostly about people not returning business calls or not showing up after THEY willingly made the appointment. They never even met me, so behavior has nothing to do with it.

More importantly, this happens to everyone I know here. It's not unique to me. It's been a topic of conversation over the years and none of us can understand it.

I have friends who recently had a guy come out to look at a repair needed at their house. After he finished looking everything over, he said he would call them with a quote. They have heard nothing since then and at this point have given up.

They are the nicest people you'll ever meet. We always move on to another person, but it gets frustrating that there are so few you can depend on.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#29 May 17, 2013
Lost Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious, I would never dream of hiring someone and saying ANYTHING to offend them. What would that accomplish? I want them to feel good about what they're doing. I don't even talk to them while they're working because I am busy myself running a business from home.
This is mostly about people not returning business calls or not showing up after THEY willingly made the appointment. They never even met me, so behavior has nothing to do with it.
More importantly, this happens to everyone I know here. It's not unique to me. It's been a topic of conversation over the years and none of us can understand it.
I have friends who recently had a guy come out to look at a repair needed at their house. After he finished looking everything over, he said he would call them with a quote. They have heard nothing since then and at this point have given up.
They are the nicest people you'll ever meet. We always move on to another person, but it gets frustrating that there are so few you can depend on.
I have had heard other people say the same thing you are saying. The only thing I can say is if I tell someone that I am going to be there... I am there. My grandfather taught me that many years ago. I like repeat business, and word of mouth advertising.
Lost Hope

Dawsonville, GA

#30 May 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>I have had heard other people say the same thing you are saying. The only thing I can say is if I tell someone that I am going to be there... I am there. My grandfather taught me that many years ago. I like repeat business, and word of mouth advertising.
They don't realize they won't get much repeat business or referrals. That doesn't seem to cross their minds.

My own business would never have succeeded if I didn't return calls or serve my customers.
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#31 May 17, 2013
My experience has been totally different. From lawn care, roofing, electrical, AC, and many other things. The local people have been wonderful.
No way

United States

#32 May 17, 2013
Bears Way wrote:
My experience has been totally different. From lawn care, roofing, electrical, AC, and many other things. The local people have been wonderful.
do not believe you - stop trying to make the locals look good
Lost Hope

Dawsonville, GA

#33 May 17, 2013
Bears Way wrote:
I hope you're giving referrals left and right.
gamule

Kathleen, GA

#34 May 18, 2013
Ummmm wrote:
Correction- mexicans seem to have a better work ethic
mexican just dont get welfare in mexico so they are forced to learn how to work.cut out the welfare here and alot of people will go back to work.
hired many

Jasper, GA

#35 May 18, 2013
unfortunately that is todays society. everyone wants paid no body wants to work. it isnt just here its everywhere. we just moved here and its the same the last 3 places we have lived. there is no work ethic anymore. i guess its easier to work for yourself if you are not going to work anyway and no good company is going to keep your lazy butt.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#36 May 18, 2013
hired many wrote:
unfortunately that is todays society. everyone wants paid no body wants to work. it isnt just here its everywhere. we just moved here and its the same the last 3 places we have lived. there is no work ethic anymore. i guess its easier to work for yourself if you are not going to work anyway and no good company is going to keep your lazy butt.
Hey if you are from Jasper please tell me where are all the good companies? I loved to find one or two that would actually take an application... just saying
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#37 May 18, 2013
I have heard this argument about welfare. Now not actually knowing how many people are on welfare, I do know there are very little jobs or hiring going on. I really wish some of these people getting on here yacking their mouth about how lazy everyone is would have to get out there and find a job. One that would actually provide enough money to have a modest living. It is easy to sit behind a computer screen an trash everybody. I really wonder if we knew these people that sit behind their computers would their lives be as rosy as painted here? Who knows some may actually be on welfare their self.
Well

United States

#38 May 18, 2013
gamule wrote:
<quoted text>mexican just dont get welfare in mexico so they are forced to learn how to work.cut out the welfare here and alot of people will go back to work.
True True True

So many here in this community that cheat for food cards and other public programs. Being dishonest will get you. But for now they think they are getting over on the system. Very sad that these same people are having kids that they can't afford.And teaching same .I sit in church on Sundays and see these same people that are cheating acting ad though they are do upstanding.
We all need to start reporting these people. Many people in our community that work very hard and need help don't even ask they work harder as they have been raised to be responsible and have self respect.
Well

United States

#39 May 18, 2013
Curious wrote:
I have heard this argument about welfare. Now not actually knowing how many people are on welfare, I do know there are very little jobs or hiring going on. I really wish some of these people getting on here yacking their mouth about how lazy everyone is would have to get out there and find a job. One that would actually provide enough money to have a modest living. It is easy to sit behind a computer screen an trash everybody. I really wonder if we knew these people that sit behind their computers would their lives be as rosy as painted here? Who knows some may actually be on welfare their self.
My parents always taught me to take what job that may be available until something better appears .
See so many people eating out , driving late model cars/trucks, smart phones,vacationing, miss me jeans,purchasing much better food than I can afford on my salary - yes with the food card.f
Wake up these people are lazy and thief's.
Before you say no jobs - I know lots of these people and it is very disturbing they think its okay. Get a job and teach your children it's not okay to steal.
Some of these same people are sitting in church and pretending are so good.
Wake up cheaters it's going to get you!
Well

United States

#40 May 18, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>Hey if you are from Jasper please tell me where are all the good companies? I loved to find one or two that would actually take an application... just saying
If you live in jasper Atlanta not far- start applying /
Many people Country commute every day for work. Better yet move to where work is- lots of people do that as well. I'm sure those that live off the system or lazy will not understand this or have excuses

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 1 hr Jimbo 373
Cooks only shot 4 hr Trackrocker 8
BRMEMC Director Candidates 22 hr Curious is stupid 28
Full throttle Tue Apostle Paul 7
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Mon tellico 396
Where can I find a fresh meat market? Mon Hanging Meat 5
Hillary Clinton for President ! Aug 20 dgd748 83

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance