Shadowlands Tabernacle

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Zoltar

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 23, 2013
 

Judged:

8

My Two Senses wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post was right on. However, I wish to clarify one thing. The Pharisees practiced a discipline that Christ didn't expect of Christians.
You are correct. However, if you will check the writings of Vince, you will see that the Pharisees won by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter.
Outraged

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

What is so funny about all this is that a few people REALLY know what happened and why this family left. Also why several other people left. Families that were also there when the church started. I am friends with these families. Nobody wants to say anything bad about the church or the pastor and his wife. I think maybe the truth should be told. My opinion only. Someone should ask the pastor the question of why the families left. The answer you would get from him is that they were being put in a time of restoration. Sounds good. Right? Well, the truth is, when questions were asked about where the money was being spent, the money that the hard working flock was tithing every week, somebody did not want to accept the role of accountability on that. Maybe an apology is owed to the church, the families, maybe the pastor should quit submitting to his wife and submit to The Lord. Put a halt on that needless spending.
big news

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Bore...ing BORING.
question

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Outraged wrote:
What is so funny about all this is that a few people REALLY know what happened and why this family left. Also why several other people left. Families that were also there when the church started. I am friends with these families. Nobody wants to say anything bad about the church or the pastor and his wife. I think maybe the truth should be told. My opinion only. Someone should ask the pastor the question of why the families left. The answer you would get from him is that they were being put in a time of restoration. Sounds good. Right? Well, the truth is, when questions were asked about where the money was being spent, the money that the hard working flock was tithing every week, somebody did not want to accept the role of accountability on that. Maybe an apology is owed to the church, the families, maybe the pastor should quit submitting to his wife and submit to The Lord. Put a halt on that needless spending.
At Shadowlands, does the pastor alone put people into restoration or does the church members vote on it? Regarding accountability, don't a lot of churches lack accountability, with lumping salaries all together, having a miscellaneous line item in the statement, not showing all the perks given, etc? Aren't many always wanting your money but won't say where the money goes?
Just a thought

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anyone with a good gift of Gab can declare themselves called to preach and start a church and collect nontaxable money. I don't how you could separate the real from the pretend but at the rate churches are opening up people need to pay attention to who they are giving their money to. If the preacher preaches just what you want to hear I would look twice.
Fud

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just a thought wrote:
Before the great influx of outsiders our churches were rock solid. No one ever questioned the role the church played in our lives. As time went along and new people arrived people forgot the purpose of the church and it became a social thing. Since then we have seen splits and upheavals. people need to rediscover the church and it's role in our lives.
Churches here have never been rock solid always have had money going into someones pocket. To say nothing of all the cheating going on in the church.
Ever see a preacher that didn't have his hand out or trying to get you to open your wallet.
Zoltar

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

10

6

Fud wrote:
<quoted text>
Churches here have never been rock solid always have had money going into someones pocket. To say nothing of all the cheating going on in the church.
Ever see a preacher that didn't have his hand out or trying to get you to open your wallet.
A man went to church one day and afterward
he stopped to shake the preacher's hand.
He said,'Preacher, I'll tell you, that was a
damned fine sermon. Damned good!'

The preacher said,
'Thank you sir, but I'd rather you didn't use profanity.'

The man said,'I was so damned impressed with that sermon I put five
thousand dollars in the offering plate!'

The preacher said,'No shit?'
Sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

When you start treating a church like a business , then the preacher becomes the "Boss" and the flock become "employees" trustees become "business administration"
Why is that?
Because money is the root of all evil
freedom

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 25, 2013
 
question wrote:
<quoted text>
At Shadowlands, does the pastor alone put people into restoration or does the church members vote on it? Regarding accountability, don't a lot of churches lack accountability, with lumping salaries all together, having a miscellaneous line item in the statement, not showing all the perks given, etc? Aren't many always wanting your money but won't say where the money goes?
Isn't that what happened at HG. Too much money spent.
hmm

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Apr 25, 2013
 
When you take a problem out of one church and put it in another church you still have a problem. I don't believe this is the first time a pastor has had to put people in check and they left the church. Perfect example why women should not be in leadership at church too much drama.
AmenAmen

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

hmm wrote:
When you take a problem out of one church and put it in another church you still have a problem. I don't believe this is the first time a pastor has had to put people in check and they left the church. Perfect example why women should not be in leadership at church too much drama.
I'm a woman. And I'm in agreement with this 100%! I see too many men letting their wives be the mouth piece. Especially deacons, and remember secretaries/treasurers of the church....that money is Gods money, not yours! Major downfall in todays church is the hoarding of Gods money, high paid salaries in the church while members scrap to survive.
Outraged

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Apr 26, 2013
 
Just for the record Angie Kelley is not the one under scrutiny for misusing Gods money.She led music and has never been the Secretary/Treasury of this church or HG.
Agree

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Apr 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Outraged wrote:
Just for the record Angie Kelley is not the one under scrutiny for misusing Gods money.She led music and has never been the Secretary/Treasury of this church or HG.
Jeff and Angie Kelley are great people! They are honest hard working people!
Plus why does everyone assume a woman is/was misusing God's money. Man or woman... Stealing is stealing !!
Mossy

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Apr 26, 2013
 
hmm wrote:
When you take a problem out of one church and put it in another church you still have a problem. I don't believe this is the first time a pastor has had to put people in check and they left the church. Perfect example why women should not be in leadership at church too much drama.
True,very true! So who is in charge of the children's ministry at shadowlands? Oh yeah, the preacher's wife!!
Church of Jaded

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Apr 26, 2013
 
hmm wrote:
When you take a problem out of one church and put it in another church you still have a problem. I don't believe this is the first time a pastor has had to put people in check and they left the church. Perfect example why women should not be in leadership at church too much drama.
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated doctrine. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Agree

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Apr 27, 2013
 
Church of Jaded wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated doctrine. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Well said!
some truth

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Apr 27, 2013
 
Church of Jaded wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated doctrine. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
Acts 2:42.
I would hate to rely only on my own understandings.
Church of Jaded

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

some truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
Acts 2:42.
I would hate to rely only on my own understandings.
You don't have to rely on your own understanding. The rest of Acts 2 says...

"They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."

There is a movement known as simple church or organic church. Christians and seekers meet in homes, coffee shops, etc. There is no need for expensive buildings. 12-16 people meet together. If the home church grows, then, start another. It is the power of multiplication. It's not for everybody, but it is an alternative to the Big Box Church, but organic church can be in a building.
Janie

Manchester, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Apr 27, 2013
 
What is the Jaded Church exactly?
Bluntly

Clinchfield, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Apr 28, 2013
 
It doesn't matter where you put a problem...put it in Harmony Grove, Shadowlands, Church of Jaded, or the coffee shop...you still got a problem. This is why we have church-hoppers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Super Gary Steppe Union Schools wants Pay raise 2 min Tommy 17
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 12 min rename 47,942
Delinquent finance reports to the state 6 hr Maybe Baby 5
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 6 hr marvinstevens 2,040
floridiots love to destroy the land 7 hr Bite Me 4
BRMEMC New manager? 10 hr White and Blue 21
em county boys sure does love em some Hurddle H... 11 hr apple 3
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blairsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blairsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••