Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...

I find this behavior so very low especially since it is directed at a grieving parent.

Is there no shame in this country?
unamused and unhappy

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Unfortunately their is no shame, and no wisdom. Because of the large population foolish handwringing far left activists such as the original poster, people like Oh My, etc... groups of equally foolish and unwise loudmouths have emerged on the far right.

These two groups feed each other's stupidity - each seeking to seemingly out do the other side with their excessses of non thought.

Do we have a gun problem. Yes.
But the main problem is in the fact that too many people have become stupid. They are addicted to drugs, have emotional problems, have mind altering chemicals prescribed to them, have their minds twisted by violent video games,a nd live in a society where justice has long since vanished. All of this leads to great potential for some idiot to kill mass numbers of people. Providing easy access to guns is like hosing down a fire with gasoline in order to put it out.

But regardless of the whether it is the guns or the people using the guns, the argument is irrelevant - and the guns have to be restricted.

HOWEVER - the 2nd ammendment guarantees militias/people the right to have guns. The exact text is....

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What I find unamusing is that because of the chattering idiots on the left, and on the right, common sense and wisdom is left abandoned.

I find it amazing that not a single politician, nor media outlet has suggested a compromise - the establishment of regional militia gun lockers for the "Banned" Assault Rifle category of firearms.

The Official Code of Georgia has very specific definitions for setting up a militia.

From my perspective it is without question that mass access to assault weapons by the general public is insanity, especially given the general mental retardedness of 90+% of the U.S. population.

But I also find without question that the country is heading to mass civil unrest, and day by day our liberties erode and the government becomes more of a tyrant in the historical image of the Kings of England, which is what originally neccessitated the 2nd Ammendment in the first place.

I say BAN Assault weapons, but establish County & Regional Militia Controlled Gun & Ammo Lockers.

It is the only solution that can solve both problems. Oh, and it makes sense. But that is where the concept loses the majority of the people, the politicians, and the media.

Pesky common sense and middle of the road compromise.
MV Voice

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

unamused and unhappy wrote:
Unfortunately their is no shame, and no wisdom. Because of the large population foolish handwringing far left activists such as the original poster, people like Oh My, etc... groups of equally foolish and unwise loudmouths have emerged on the far right.
These two groups feed each other's stupidity - each seeking to seemingly out do the other side with their excessses of non thought.
Do we have a gun problem. Yes.
But the main problem is in the fact that too many people have become stupid. They are addicted to drugs, have emotional problems, have mind altering chemicals prescribed to them, have their minds twisted by violent video games,a nd live in a society where justice has long since vanished. All of this leads to great potential for some idiot to kill mass numbers of people. Providing easy access to guns is like hosing down a fire with gasoline in order to put it out.
But regardless of the whether it is the guns or the people using the guns, the argument is irrelevant - and the guns have to be restricted.
HOWEVER - the 2nd ammendment guarantees militias/people the right to have guns. The exact text is....
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
What I find unamusing is that because of the chattering idiots on the left, and on the right, common sense and wisdom is left abandoned.
I find it amazing that not a single politician, nor media outlet has suggested a compromise - the establishment of regional militia gun lockers for the "Banned" Assault Rifle category of firearms.
The Official Code of Georgia has very specific definitions for setting up a militia.
From my perspective it is without question that mass access to assault weapons by the general public is insanity, especially given the general mental retardedness of 90+% of the U.S. population.
But I also find without question that the country is heading to mass civil unrest, and day by day our liberties erode and the government becomes more of a tyrant in the historical image of the Kings of England, which is what originally neccessitated the 2nd Ammendment in the first place.
I say BAN Assault weapons, but establish County & Regional Militia Controlled Gun & Ammo Lockers.
It is the only solution that can solve both problems. Oh, and it makes sense. But that is where the concept loses the majority of the people, the politicians, and the media.
Pesky common sense and middle of the road compromise.
Pay no attention to the voice behind the curtain.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...I say BAN Assault weapons, but establish County & Regional Militia Controlled Gun & Ammo Lockers.
What a novel idea,
perhaps these should be called
National Guard Armories.

Or, maybe,
what you really want
is an American Taliban.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Where's the respect?

Here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Jokes on You

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The M0untains V0ice wrote:
I find anonymous posters that accuse others of making anonymous posts rather amusing :)
Well, depending upon my mood. Someties I am amused. Other times I might be unamused. Maybe even combined with unhappy. I guess that would make me not amused.
LOL - but the most amusing thing is small yapping dogs that bite at the ankles. Every once and a while they may grab hold of a cuff of my pants and growl, and they think they have accomplished something. Yet, it is such a simple thing to casually kick theem aside and continue on as if nothing occurred :) But it is definitely amusing to watch the small yapping dogs as they yip and snarl and act ferocious :)
Peace,
- david
* currently amused :)
Speaking of MV, someone please, please don't let this nut have a semi-automatic weapon. There's no telling what The Mountain might tell him to do.
LiesByLiberalPre ss

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Truthis Blairsville wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new s/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9 833543/Gun-activists-heckle-fa ther-of-Sandy-Hook-victim.html
I find this behavior so very low especially since it is directed at a grieving parent.
Is there no shame in this country?
Too bad most liberals are gullible guppys.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...
unamused and unhappy

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

They aren't gullible. Its just that exactly like their counterparts the for right conservatives, they are willing to tell any lie to get what they want, and to distort the facts. It has all become a game of lies.

You will find no solutions in this path, only death and destruction in the end, for this is the end of all lies.

Since: Aug 10

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

LiesByLiberalPress wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad most liberals are gullible guppys.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...
Really? Check out the story for yourself. Unless you are in fact a liar.

Since: Aug 10

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

They aren't gullible. Its just that exactly like their counterparts the for right conservatives, they are willing to tell any lie to get what they want, and to distort the facts. It has all become a game of lies.
You will find no solutions in this path, only death and destruction in the end, for this is the end of all lies.
So sorry you are so unhappy....maybe it's your crappy attitude.
not amused

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Truthis Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Check out the story for yourself. Unless you are in fact a liar.
Actually Margaret - the poster did check it out, and actually posted a link to the FULL UNEDITED version of the testimony, which does nideed show that the "Heckling" was a single incidence of a few people RESPONDING directly to the father's question, adddressed directly to the room. The RESPONDING ANSWER was muted, not strident screeching or heckling.

YOUR link was a cherry picked edit of the testimony which made it appear that random heckling was occurring.

So the problem really continues to be that reaching a wise concensus decision in this matter, is definitely not going to happen when 50% of the parties are right wing nutjobs, and 50% are left wing handwringing liars willing to justify twisting facts to achieve their ends.

The path to wisdom is never achieved by lyinng manipulationn of the facts and strident name calling and over reaction.

You have simply become part of the sideshow, when you cannot listen, but can only shrill. And the entire process is just another friek sideshow in what has become Normal America.
UC Critic

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

not amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Margaret - the poster did check it out, and actually posted a link to the FULL UNEDITED version of the testimony, which does nideed show that the "Heckling" was a single incidence of a few people RESPONDING directly to the father's question, adddressed directly to the room. The RESPONDING ANSWER was muted, not strident screeching or heckling.
YOUR link was a cherry picked edit of the testimony which made it appear that random heckling was occurring.
So the problem really continues to be that reaching a wise concensus decision in this matter, is definitely not going to happen when 50% of the parties are right wing nutjobs, and 50% are left wing handwringing liars willing to justify twisting facts to achieve their ends.
The path to wisdom is never achieved by lyinng manipulationn of the facts and strident name calling and over reaction.
You have simply become part of the sideshow, when you cannot listen, but can only shrill. And the entire process is just another friek sideshow in what has become Normal America.
Really? I checked it too and found it to be the same among various sources. The 2nd Amendment forces could have sat respectfully quiet while the man testified, don't you think?
not amused

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

UC Critic wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I checked it too and found it to be the same among various sources. The 2nd Amendment forces could have sat respectfully quiet while the man testified, don't you think?
He asked a question to the room. I thought the responses were not overboard. Listen, the guys testimony was moving. But here is the problem...

Do you know how absolutely violently gut wrenchingly sick you feel every time some right wing idiot moron starts in on some speech that makes it sound like they are the only ones with a lock on Jesus / Christianity? And the way they sanctimoniously make it sound like "Everyone else" is just a godless piece of $#!T?

Well, that is how YOU sound, Truth Is sounds, and every other left wing handwringing moaner sounds when you try and plant this suggestion that anyone who believes that the 2nd Ammendment actually IS A BIG DEAL - is a heartless bastard that somehow enjoyed the fact that these precious little children were gunned down, and that we aren't silently really broken hearted also over this fathers grief.

And so it continues - left and right play their little games of one-upsmanship, and wisdom and common sense, and compassion, and peace, and compromise, and soft spoken gentle voices of reason, and just about everything else that once meant something in America.... DIES!
froggy

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

not amused wrote:
<quoted text>
He asked a question to the room. I thought the responses were not overboard. Listen, the guys testimony was moving. But here is the problem...
Do you know how absolutely violently gut wrenchingly sick you feel every time some right wing idiot moron starts in on some speech that makes it sound like they are the only ones with a lock on Jesus / Christianity? And the way they sanctimoniously make it sound like "Everyone else" is just a godless piece of $#!T?
Well, that is how YOU sound, Truth Is sounds, and every other left wing handwringing moaner sounds when you try and plant this suggestion that anyone who believes that the 2nd Ammendment actually IS A BIG DEAL - is a heartless bastard that somehow enjoyed the fact that these precious little children were gunned down, and that we aren't silently really broken hearted also over this fathers grief.
And so it continues - left and right play their little games of one-upsmanship, and wisdom and common sense, and compassion, and peace, and compromise, and soft spoken gentle voices of reason, and just about everything else that once meant something in America.... DIES!
Maybe you ain't amused cos you ain't amusin. Youre a snoozin.
must be a blonde

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The man was on CNN and said he WAS NOT harrassed. He asked a question and it was answered.

The government controlled media has edited the video and taken words out of context. What a shock! Imagine, MSNBC lying.
Oh my

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

not amused wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...Well, that is how YOU sound, Truth Is sounds, and every other left wing handwringing moaner sounds when you try and plant this suggestion that anyone who believes that the 2nd Ammendment actually IS A BIG DEAL - is a heartless bastard that somehow enjoyed the fact that these precious little children were gunned down, and that we aren't silently really broken hearted also over this fathers grief.
Just wonderin',
can a person be characterized
as a "left wing handwringing moaner",
and own firearms?

Can a person be characterized
and believe that the 2nd Amendment
is a Big Deal,
but not necessarily that it
IS A BIG DEAL.

Is it only people who are characterized
as "left wing handwringing moaners",
that see a need for firearm regulation.
Yes

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wonderin',
can a person be characterized
and own firearms?
Can a person be characterized
and believe that the 2nd Amendment
is a Big Deal,
but not necessarily that it
IS A BIG DEAL.
Is it only people who are characterized
as "left wing handwringing moaners",
that see a need for firearm regulation.
Question 1 = Yes
Question 2 = Yes
Question 3 = Yes
Because they are "left wing handwringing moaners."
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Thank you for this insight,
to review,
People who own firearms, believe that the 2nd Amendment is a Big Deal, and see a need for firearm regulation are "left wing handwringing moaners."
froggy

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
Thank you for this insight,
to review,
People who own firearms, believe that the 2nd Amendment is a Big Deal, and see a need for firearm regulation are "left wing handwringing moaners."
Rather be a a left wing handwringing moaner than a right wing panty bunching screamer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 34 min DapperDave 49,165
Paving Companies 53 min Kentucky Boy 1
Bank Closing 3 hr commenting 6
Republican Primary runoff 8 hr Tommy 9
Disability Fraud (Apr '13) 12 hr Marilyn 23
Our New Sheriffs Dept (Jan '13) 14 hr big news 890
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts 15 hr ethics 13
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs