OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#20907 Aug 6, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have missed this part of my reply...
Nothing wrong with having Voter ID, just make it easy to obtain, accessible to all, and make the actual ID Free. Those that love America understand this, those that don't throw up road blocks.
It is easliy obtained, at any DMV, and anyone is allowed access to the DMV locations. Oh and nothing is free in this world chico. Get over it and get real moron. Oh and did I forget to mention that you have to have ID for everything. Why no complaint there? You just selectively want to complain about having to show ID to vote? It's very telling.(IMO)
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#20908 Aug 6, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
It is easliy obtained, at any DMV, and anyone is allowed access to the DMV locations. Oh and nothing is free in this world chico. Get over it and get real moron. Oh and did I forget to mention that you have to have ID for everything. Why no complaint there? You just selectively want to complain about having to show ID to vote? It's very telling.(IMO)
Jose, can't you see...
You must've missed this part also.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/201...
...The court specifically stated that not all voter ID laws passed in Section 5 states would necessarily be blocked.

“Nothing in this opinion remotely suggests that section 5 bars all covered jurisdictions from implementing photo ID laws,” the court ruled.“To the contrary, under our reasoning today, such laws might well be precleared if they ensure (1) that all prospective voters can easily obtain free photo ID, and (2) that any underlying documents required to obtain that ID are truly free of charge.”
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#20909 Aug 6, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Jose, can't you see...
You must've missed this part also.
...The court specifically stated that not all voter ID laws passed in Section 5 states would necessarily be blocked.
“Nothing in this opinion remotely suggests that section 5 bars all covered jurisdictions from implementing photo ID laws,” the court ruled.“To the contrary, under our reasoning today, such laws might well be precleared if they ensure (1) that all prospective voters can easily obtain free photo ID, and (2) that any underlying documents required to obtain that ID are truly free of charge.”
MY point is, that anybody complaining about having to show ID to vote is either a stupid idiot, an illegal mexican, or a crooked politician. Like them race baiting son of b*T*hes Holder and Obama.
Informed Opinion

United States

#20910 Aug 6, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Taxing the Speculators
By PAUL KRUGMAN
Published: November 26, 2009
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/27/opinion/27k...

Should we use taxes to deter financial speculation? Yes, say top British officials, who oversee the City of London, one of the world’s two great banking centers. Other European governments agree — and they’re right.

Unfortunately, United States officials — especially Timothy Geithner, the Treasury secretary — are dead set against the proposal. Let’s hope they reconsider: a financial transactions tax is an idea whose time has come.

...The Turner-Brown proposal is a modern version of an idea originally floated in 1972 by the late James Tobin, the Nobel-winning Yale economist. Tobin argued that currency speculation — money moving internationally to bet on fluctuations in exchange rates — was having a disruptive effect on the world economy. To reduce these disruptions, he called for a small tax on every exchange of currencies.

Such a tax would be a trivial expense for people engaged in foreign trade or long-term investment; but it would be a major disincentive for people trying to make a fast buck (or euro, or yen) by outguessing the markets over the course of a few days or weeks. It would, as Tobin said,“throw some sand in the well-greased wheels” of speculation.

...This would be a bad thing if financial hyperactivity were productive. But after the debacle of the past two years, there’s broad agreement — I’m tempted to say, agreement on the part of almost everyone not on the financial industry’s payroll — with Mr. Turner’s assertion that a lot of what Wall Street and the City do is “socially useless.” And a transactions tax could generate substantial revenue, helping alleviate fears about government deficits.

...As Gary Gorton and Andrew Metrick of Yale have shown, by 2007 the United States banking system had become crucially dependent on “repo” transactions, in which financial institutions sell assets to investors while promising to buy them back after a short period — often a single day. Losses in subprime and other assets triggered a banking crisis because they undermined this system — there was a “run on repo.”

And a financial transactions tax, by discouraging reliance on ultra-short-run financing, would have made such a run much less likely. So contrary to what the skeptics say, such a tax would have helped prevent the current crisis — and could help us avoid a future replay.

Would a Tobin tax solve all our problems? Of course not. But it could be part of the process of shrinking our bloated financial sector. On this, as on other issues, the Obama administration needs to free its mind from Wall StreetÂ’s thrall.
Great post.

We have developed a tax structure that incentivizes insanity.

Like the Investment Banksters who received a $3 Million Dollar bonus for "inventing" Credit Default Swaps said : They serve no purpose but let us move money back and forth and charge commission for moving it"
Informed Opinion

United States

#20911 Aug 6, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Your village misses you.
I know.

Our Village has lots of childish Right Wing Wackos who like to pretend they're adults.

It sucks to have to always be the one that fixes all the Right Wing Wackos's screw ups - but that's the role we Normal Rational Americans have to fill.

Hey...

You look cute in your Daddy's shirt and tie - just like a little businessman. I hope Mommy too a picture of you for Aunt Sally - she'll put it right next to the one in your Easter Bunny suit.

Informed Opinion

United States

#20912 Aug 6, 2013
race wrote:
<quoted text>Its not as much about politics as it is about race. They deny it but race is a southern problem, always has been, and everyone knows the history of race relations in the south. You do the math and the southern whites have no other option to remain in power that to keep minorities from voting. It will work for a few more years, then the run of white supremacy in the south will be over. I don't think much will change when that happens, the minority race in the south will just be a lot louder and less informed than the current minority race.
Great post.

I think there's more to it though.

As Kris Kristofferson says:

"Everybody's got to have someone to look down on - who they can feel better than, at any time they please."

The amazing thing is how so many, who should suffer from low self-esteem - don't.

If rational thought ever strikes the State of South Carolina- the entire state,(except the Gamecocks Football Team) should be put on suicide watch.
Informed Opinion

United States

#20913 Aug 6, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
Another hot day in the heartland but cool as a cucumber knowing there is no republican in the White House. This forum is full of republicans with rabies. Many have snapped and most will snap before 3 and 1/2 years go by and then it looks like a non-republican will carry on. This country has one obligation and that is to protest the USA. Israel has a good army and nukes so they are the ones who need to man up and protect their country. We don'nt need another 2 trillion to the navy to protect our country like mitt(the loser) wanted. True facts are that most of that money would have been spent on the military industrial complex and most would have gone to Caman island bank accounts that are non-tracable and ofcource mitts greedy close followers would have benefitted greatly. Thanks to an America that still has enough intelligent folks that this did'nt happen.
Curse you !!!

Without Mitt and 12 more $3 Billion Dollar Nuclear attack submarines who will protect the "Homeland" from the dreaded Ugandan Navy ?

Without another $5 Billion Dollar Nuclear Aircraft Carrier Task Force, to add to our current 11 Navy Task Forces, who will protect the "Homeland" from the dreaded Chinese Aircraft Carrier that the Chinese purchased at a garage sale when the Ukraine went bankrupt.(The Ukraine threw in some infant clothing that was almost like new - really - it had hardly been worn - and never washed).

Informed Opinion

United States

#20914 Aug 6, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>Good post but I believe that a very expensive and debt ridden National Healthcare Plan should have been put on hold. Mitt the loser wanted to blow-up the national debt with a 2 trillion dollar navy and huge costly tax cuts for wealthy folks like him. So we had to choose which ones debt plan you wanted. mitts was limited to helping a few get richer and we have seen enough of that over the past 32 years.
Good post and good points.

I would agree with you about the costs, but I believe ObamaCare will eventually save money.

That's because we already pay for ObamaCare - we provide free medical care for any and all deadbeats and freeloaders - just in the most expensive manner possible - through crisis intervention at hospitals and clinics.

I am convinced that when people have to pay toward their own insurance and medical care, they'll use less,
and
more importantly, we won't have to pay what we taxpayers and insured pay now to give the deadbeats their current free medical care.

On an aside:

Do you ever wonder where all this Right Wing "outrage" was when Medicare Part D was being passed. A Trillion Dollars for drugs for a segment of the population was hunky-dory.

Seems the same people who are "outraged" at ObamaCare didn't care a whit that the Right Wingers intentionally lied understated the cost of Medicare Part D by a Trillion Dollars or so.
Informed Opinion

United States

#20915 Aug 6, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>So your dumba$$ is saying it's wrong that we have to have an ID to vote, even though we have to ID for everything else? That is stupid, like you and the rest of your crazy post.
Wow.

Another Right Wing Wacko diatribe that avoids any and all attempt to rebut the facts.

Shocking.

Right Wingers love government spending millions and millions of dollars to prevent 0.000017th of registered voters from potentially voting.

Yep, spending $4,000,000.00 of taxpayers's money to keep Bob from voting in the wrong precinct is a great plan - as long as Bob ain't one of "them" not likely to vote Republican.

Right Wingers - they're new slogan is:

"Preventing democracy since most voters starting voting Democrat."
just me

Alto, GA

#20916 Aug 6, 2013
Thomas County Blogger wrote:
Repubs have had their chance, especially the Georgia Repubs. They got the country into the economic mess we're in and it will take Democrats to get us out.
The Republicans aren't the ones that got this country into the divided mess that this current president and this liberal administration has made into a pile of manure. That is on them. Democrats have worked diligently to destroy everything that took 11 years of blood, sweat and tears to build toward National security. The current deaths of our people in Benghazi and today's deaths of 8 of our helicopter fighter pilots is one the Democrats watch. They have more American blood on their hands than our enemy holds! Democrats are working to finish off the economy of this country. And you smugly try to blame it on Republicans. Granted, the Republican Congress and the House has enough clout now to have pushed forward a stop to some of this abuse of power from this out of control power mad president and they have failed to do so. But this mess isn't on their head. It is Obama's and the Democrats who are destroying American values and who have set the wheels in motion for a down hill run that can end our country forever.
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#20917 Aug 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Another Right Wing Wacko diatribe that avoids any and all attempt to rebut the facts.
Shocking.
Right Wingers love government spending millions and millions of dollars to prevent 0.000017th of registered voters from potentially voting.
Yep, spending $4,000,000.00 of taxpayers's money to keep Bob from voting in the wrong precinct is a great plan - as long as Bob ain't one of "them" not likely to vote Republican.
No, the new slogan should be for all Americans is:
"Never again will we allow a Muslim Terrorist to steal an election with fake votes,(made by dead people and illegal mexicans)and attempt to destoy our Great Nation"
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#20918 Aug 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Shocking.
No the new slogan for all Americans should be:
"Never again will we allow a Muslim Terrorist, to rig and steal an election, with fake votes,(made by dead people and illegal mexicans)and attempt to destroy our great nation"

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#20919 Aug 6, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>GFU, Dave. Maybe we should bring Syn into this discussion (I think that she may work in a bank). How bout it, Syn. Which is of greater value, uncollected debts(liabilities) or assets? I think it is a damn no-brainer!
FU
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#20920 Aug 6, 2013
Sorry for the double post my computer froze up.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#20921 Aug 6, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>No, the new slogan should be for all Americans is:
"Never again will we allow a Muslim Terrorist to steal an election with fake votes,(made by dead people and illegal mexicans)and attempt to destoy our Great Nation"
Do you mean like Dub Bush in 2000?
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#20922 Aug 6, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
FU
BTW Dave, this country ain't really broke, all we have to drill you proposed oil well- the motherlode is just waitin' to be tapped!
John

Dallas, TX

#20923 Aug 6, 2013
Test
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#20924 Aug 6, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>After the recent Supreme Court decision striking down Section-5 of the Voting Right Act, it took TX only 2 hours to reinstate this law.

Nothing wrong with having Voter ID, just make it easy to obtain, accessible to all, and make the actual ID Free. Those that love America understand this, those that don't throw up road blocks.

Federal Court Rules Texas Voter ID Law Is Discriminatory
August 30, 2012,

A federal court in Washington D.C. on Thursday rejected a Texas law requiring voters to show certain types of photographic identification in order to cast a ballot. The three-judge panel found that the law imposes “strict, unforgiving burdens on the poor,” pointing out that racial minorities are more likely to live in poverty.

“The State of Texas enacted a voter ID law that — at least to our knowledge — is the most stringent in the country,” the opinion, embedded below, reads.“That law will almost certainly have retrogressive effect: it imposes strict, unforgiving burdens on the poor, and racial minorities in Texas are disproportionately likely to live in poverty. And crucially, the Texas legislature defeated several amendments that could have made this a far closer case.”

The law, signed by Republican Gov. Rick Perry in the spring of 2011, would have required voters casting a ballot at a polling place to show either a driverÂ’s licence, an election identification certificate, a Deptartment of Public Safety personal ID card, a military ID, a citizenship certificate, a passport or a concealed carry permit.

The Justice Department objected to TexasÂ’ voter ID law in March because the stateÂ’s own data indicated the law would have a heavier impact on Hispanic voters. One set of data provided by the state showed Hispanics were 46.5 percent more likely to lack a state-issued form of photo identification, while another showed Hispanics were 120 percent more likely to lack that type of ID.

...DOJ argued in court that the passage of the voter ID law had to be viewed in the context of “tremendous population growth” within Texas’ Latino community. A three-judge panel hearing the Texas voter ID case in early July seemed skeptical of the state’s case, suggesting that the distance voters would have to travel to obtain photo identification were burdensome.
Great post.

Facts, facts, and more facts.

Thanks.
OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#20925 Aug 6, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean like Dub Bush in 2000?
No, I mean like Muhammad Obama in 2012. Chico moron.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#20926 Aug 6, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Texas has the worst problem with you border hopping criminals. Holder knows that's how Obama's crooked a$$ got elected the second time. No wonder he was against it. You have to have State issued ID to get job. DuH.....
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...
Most everybody that's an American Citizen agree that you should have to show ID. Obama and Holder doesn't like it, because they are criminals, and Obama probably isn't a U.S. citizen himself.
The worst criminals in Texas are in those in the state legislature, the governor's mansion, and the corporations that own them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
INVESTIGATION: Union County vs. City of Blairsv... 27 min Norms friend 43
Our New Sheriffs Dept (Jan '13) 39 min Porter for Sheriff 963
The Mark Of The Beast (Aug '11) 1 hr tmv post 286
Time to ban hunting (Oct '12) 1 hr Timmy_ 22
Remove EMC BOARD and Akins 2 hr Nothing but the T... 154
Stop cowering to the floridiots! 4 hr Timmy_ 1
Interesting article-link What divides America 5 hr Oh my 3
the local people of blairsville 17 hr Ellijay 26

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating