Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

Comments (Page 299)

Showing posts 5,961 - 5,980 of39,445
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Doo

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
North Korea spent 1/3rd of its nation income on it's military in 2009. That's about 570 million bucks.
Brazil could whip North Koreas butt with their eyes closed. Canada would devastate the place.
Only 2 things make North Korea dangerous: A barely adequate nuclear threat, and their geographic proximity to South Korea.
I strongly suspect that we have things in orbit that nobody knows about to protect us better than we know we're being protected.
He has no missle that could reach the United States. He could hit some of our troops in South Korea....but would not live to celebrate doing so.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,
if only a better field of candidates had run,
wonder where the GOP will look next time.
Michele Bachmann
On the topic of evolution and evolution education in schools, Michele Bachmann has publicly declared her desire to push the teaching of intelligent design in science classes along with evolution education.
Newt Gingrich
In a speech given during his campaign, Newt Gingrich defended his idea that the United States was founded on Christian principles and prayer and Creationism should be put back in schools. This includes teaching creationism and intelligent design along with or instead of evolution.
Jon Huntsman
Huntsman has publicly declared in numerous places that he trusts and believes the scientists on scientific issues like the theory of evolution. He is the only one in the field who has repeatedly publicly declared his support of scientists on scientific issues.
Ron Paul
Ron Paul wants to completely eliminate the Department of Education and leave decisions like whether or not to include alternatives to evolution in the science classroom up to the individual states. However, he publicly declared when asked at a town hall style campaign stop that evolution is a theory and he did not accept it.
Rick Perry
Perhaps the most outspoken candidate on the topic of teaching evolution in schools, Mr. Perry has declared several times he does not believe in the theory of evolution and has even said that they teach intelligent design and creationism in Texas public schools (which is an untrue statement).
Mitt Romney
While governor in Massachusetts, Mr. Romney opposed teaching intelligent design or creationism in the science classroom. In a recent campaign stop, he was one of the only republicans who admitted to believing in evolution. Furthermore, Romney said there is no conflict between "true religion" and "true science".
Rick Santorum
Mr. Santorum is an anti-evolution candidate who believes intelligent design should be taught in classrooms. He also does not believe in global warming or using embryonic stem cells for research.
Teaching the theory of Intelligent Design alongside the theory of Evolution is a completely reasonable proposition to anyone without an agenda. It does not teach "religion", it merely takes into account the numerous problems with both the theory of evolution as it pertains to the development of life on this planet and seeks to explain how the universe came into being in the first place. The discovery of the Big Bang put to rest the proposition (illogical as it was) that was held by many that the universe had always existed. Carl Sagan "The Universe is all that is or was or ever will be."

Man made global warming is a fraud and it has been shown how so-called scientists with an agenda cooked data to fit their models regardless of facts that showed their theories were not worth the paper written on. But ideology, not science, drove their efforts.

There has yet to be any proven use for embryonic stem cells which can only be harvested by killing the fetus. All advances have been made using adult stem cells. In fact, not only have there been no advantage shown with embryonic stem cells, the exact reverse has been shown - embryonic stem cells are more likely to be rejected and have been shown to produce tumors - adult stem cells or umbilical stem cells have not shown this tendency. Given the question among some of when life begins, the logical and moral course is to err on the side of life beginning at conception - especially when embryonic stem cell use is a dead end.

So in all three of the above, it is NOT SCIENCE that is driving the man made global warming crowd, the evolution crowd or the embryonic stem cell crowd - it is a political agenda.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Doo you panic like the right wingers when North Korea pitches his baby tantrums? Especially seeing our defense buildups in this chart? Or are the Republicans still wanting to play scare tactics?
Be easy on the Republicans. You know they're naturally paranoid and easily frightened. You go scaring them and we'll have to leave the lights on all night.

That's NOT good for climate change!(Which every scientist not on the Koch Brothers payroll accepts as irrefutably proven scientific fact. But we know Republicans don't understand science..)
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Before anybody gets all giddy with an "I gotcha!", of course I realize that China/Russia or anybody else getting involved changes the scenario a bit.

The good thing about China/Russia is that they realize they have a lot more to lose by getting involved than they have to gain by defending North Korea.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching the theory of Intelligent Design alongside the theory of Evolution is a completely reasonable proposition to anyone without an agenda. It does not teach "religion", it merely takes into account the numerous problems with both the theory of evolution as it pertains to the development of life on this planet and seeks to explain how the universe came into being in the first place. The discovery of the Big Bang put to rest the proposition (illogical as it was) that was held by many that the universe had always existed. Carl Sagan "The Universe is all that is or was or ever will be."
Man made global warming is a fraud and it has been shown how so-called scientists with an agenda cooked data to fit their models regardless of facts that showed their theories were not worth the paper written on. But ideology, not science, drove their efforts.
There has yet to be any proven use for embryonic stem cells which can only be harvested by killing the fetus. All advances have been made using adult stem cells. In fact, not only have there been no advantage shown with embryonic stem cells, the exact reverse has been shown - embryonic stem cells are more likely to be rejected and have been shown to produce tumors - adult stem cells or umbilical stem cells have not shown this tendency. Given the question among some of when life begins, the logical and moral course is to err on the side of life beginning at conception - especially when embryonic stem cell use is a dead end.
So in all three of the above, it is NOT SCIENCE that is driving the man made global warming crowd, the evolution crowd or the embryonic stem cell crowd - it is a political agenda.
Good post.

You are way over the head of the dogmatic crowd.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Be easy on the Republicans. You know they're naturally paranoid and easily frightened. You go scaring them and we'll have to leave the lights on all night.
That's NOT good for climate change!(Which every scientist not on the Koch Brothers payroll accepts as irrefutably proven scientific fact. But we know Republicans don't understand science..)
Talking to yourself. Thanks.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Five years and things are WAY BETTER than they were. At least MOST people have jobs, the economy didn't completely crash, the employment situation has taken a reverse heading and Bin Laden is dead. There's at least a BIT of regulation on Wall Street, women have a better chance of achieving better pay through the Lilly Ledbetter Act, millions of young people are now insured and massive reforms are occurring in the health-care conglomerates.
Bush didn't do that. The TEA PARTY didn't do that. The 112th Congress didn't do that. Boehner SURE didn't do that as all he's been busy doing is repeatedly voting to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,(it's almost like he doesn't like most Americans!), Sarah Palin didn't achieve those things, John McCain didn't achieve those things, and Mitt Romney didn't achieve those things.
It took Obama. He's yer super-hero. You know it.
http://www.theblogmocracy.com/wp-content/uplo...
What do you mean most people have jobs? So who cares if 90 million people can't find a job. You have a job so everything is just fine. 41% of the people that were in the workforce are now unemployed. You find that way better? I would hate to seed what it would be like if you said it was bad.
http://rt.com/usa/jobs-us-employment-welfare-...
Doo

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean most people have jobs? So who cares if 90 million people can't find a job. You have a job so everything is just fine. 41% of the people that were in the workforce are now unemployed. You find that way better? I would hate to seed what it would be like if you said it was bad.
http://rt.com/usa/jobs-us-employment-welfare-...
Mitt Romeny said that 37% didn't matter anyways....so 41% ain't bad! Wonder if he figured out why he lost yet?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romeny said that 37% didn't matter anyways....so 41% ain't bad! Wonder if he figured out why he lost yet?
lol Perhaps you should ask Chickenbutt.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
The powers that be certainly wouldn't run anyone who might have beat Obama. That was all by design. You must not have read my other posts.
Considering that this discussion contains 6400+ posts and you have 8400+ posts, it's very possible that I missed a few. Or perhaps the powers that be have prevented me from seeing those important insights.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
If only Intelligent Design could be elevated to the status of a theory, tell us what does the Theory ID predict, perhaps the unseen and unknown intervention of an unnamed Designer - by the way who is this designer. How can we tell what the Designer did in the past and what is being done today. How we can tell the difference between a designed mutation and one that has occurred due to the environment. Tell us all about the agenda that really isn't religious.
Glorya

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're best at bullying and insults, that sums you up. Let's go easy on Doo man & Buttface, they're awfully sensitive little L wingers.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Glorya wrote:
<quoted text> You're best at bullying and insults, that sums you up. Let's go easy on Doo man & Buttface, they're awfully sensitive little L wingers.
I'm a sensitive bully? That's about as logical as most of your posts.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Sad to say but there are still some on this forum who have'nt learned their lesson about bush. I never see any form of repentence from these sick minded individuals who have'nt accepted the permanent damage they and their president bush did to our country. Untill they do we will be at the polls every 4 years and remind these sickos that tey wil never puke another reptile o us like thy did in 2000 and 2004. Untill then folks let them whine to each other about Obama.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that this discussion contains 6400+ posts and you have 8400+ posts, it's very possible that I missed a few. Or perhaps the powers that be have prevented me from seeing those important insights.
I thought perhaps you were a long time reader/poster. BTW, I've not missed your tone. lol
I'm not even sure the republicans will put up a viable person in the NEXT election. Hillary will be running, so there will be another social experiment. Just depends on badly Obama continues to screw things up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Columbus Native wrote:
Sad to say but there are still some on this forum who have'nt learned their lesson about bush. I never see any form of repentence from these sick minded individuals who have'nt accepted the permanent damage they and their president bush did to our country. Untill they do we will be at the polls every 4 years and remind these sickos that tey wil never puke another reptile o us like thy did in 2000 and 2004. Untill then folks let them whine to each other about Obama.
TROLL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I don't have 8400 posts on this particular thread, so if you'll start now, go back a few pages, you MIGHT figure it out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Seems more and more people are getting fed up with both parties.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

My sentiments EXACTLY in regard to the Obama's and their lavish lifestyle.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm not even sure the republicans will put up a viable person in the NEXT election. Hillary will be running, so there will be another social experiment.
I can't wait for the Clinton/Biden or Biden/Clinton ticket. That should make for a fun election.

If the Republicans keep going the same direction they've been going the last few years they will probably put up a circus clown just to appease their core constituents. Maybe they'll put up a mime so they can avoid the problems they had with Romney - actually telling people their platform.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,961 - 5,980 of39,445
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Board of Education election 2 hr Billy 14
EMC-Chairman of the Board Terry Taylor 3 hr Yoga 52
Looking for a friendly community 4 hr Ovadu 1
Tired of Giving 5 hr Bill 6
John Crumpton verses Steve Allison 5 hr Bill 72
Seniors should not pay School Tax in Union (Sep '13) 11 hr RTON 278
Hair cutter 14 hr Mango 11
Sybil Denise Bellew (Dec '12) 15 hr You Are All Hypocrites 26
arrest reports (Jun '13) 22 hr ACT 68