Comments
5,801 - 5,820 of 50,296 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6254
Apr 7, 2013
 
OK

I can't pass up a challenge.

Especially one this easy.

It's a basic tenent of Christian theology that during a baptism the sponsors pledge to raise the child as a Christian, and the Congregation pledges to help the parents and the child raise the kid.

This ain't rocket science. That's the whole concept of "It takes a village". Just Google "It takes a village" and baptism and find 6,296 hits for Gid's sake (Pun intended).

Now apologize and try to learn that knowledge and facts are pretty damn easy to find with this newfangled thing called the Internet.

I charge $400 and hour as my ordinary consulting fee - so send a check $80.00 to charity because located these sources in less than 20 minutes.


Here's a link to the Methodist liturgy proving the Christian concept "It takes a Village".

http://www.kintera.org/atf/cf/%257B3482E846-5...

Here's a link to a the Church of England liturgy also reaffirming the idea that "It takes a Village";

http://www.churchofengland.org/media/41165/ci...

Here's a link to a book used in seminaries to train ministers explaining why the concept "It takes a Village" is central to Christian theology:

http://books.google.com/books...

It's available from Church Publishing, Inc. and authored by Ruth Meyers.

Here's another one from the "Christian Resource Institute reminding the congregation of the need for the Christian "Village" to care for the child.

http://www.crivoice.org/infantbaptism.html
Glorya

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6255
Apr 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I should have said those millions who contract HIV and are dying with AIDS. I do know the difference. Just don't want any smarty pants all over me today.... It's Sunday, a day of reflection, rest, and prayer in this household.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6256
Apr 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wake up wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know squat. It was about FAIR taxation, something we still don't have in this country. But mainly about taxation without representation, our forefathers fought and won, we don't have a King from across the pond in control anymore. We have a voice in how and how much we are taxed. Not all people agree but this is a majority rule country, not a minority rule, sorry.
I am a small business, very. very small business. Rarely pay income tax unless its capital gains tax. Paid no federal tax this year and got a refund and itís completely legal and as long as itís the system thatís what I will do. I am not rich, just a little bit comfortable. Nothing like the billionaire that owns Berkshire Hathaway and others billionaires like him who know they are getting special treatment when it comes to income tax and want the system fixed. Nuts like you always have to have somebody ELSE to blame for your problems, with you its libtards giving all your money to lazy bums. The amount give even in your mind is a drop in the well compared to the rest of the Federal budget. We may not be the best place to live in the world anymore, but per capital income is still very high, EXCLUDING some very small oil rich countries. We do have problems with the system, but if taking care of the people in this country who can't take care of themselves or canít get a job thanks to Bush is bad in your eyes, GOD will deal with you when the time comes. Hope you have time to wake up.
You're in the same squat boat with me.
So you're one of the 47% that don't pay taxes huh?
No wonder you love the libtards.


Scott

Demorest, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6257
Apr 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

On a much lighter note and off-topic, if there is one:

I was in Ft. Myers , Florida the other day and I
saw a bumper sticker on a parked car that read:

"I miss Chicago ."




So, I broke the window, stole the radio, shot out
two of the tires, added an Obama bumper sticker
and left a note that read, "I hope this helps!"
Glorya

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6258
Apr 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Let my nerves settle. I'm all upset now. Just thinking about it makes me sad. America, Africa, the Middle East, the Korean Peninsula. ... For those of you who do pray, just say one little prayer for our WHOLE world today.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6259
Apr 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Informed Opinion wrote:
OK
I can't pass up a challenge.
Especially one this easy.
It's a basic tenent of Christian theology that during a baptism the sponsors pledge to raise the child as a Christian, and the Congregation pledges to help the parents and the child raise the kid.
This ain't rocket science. That's the whole concept of "It takes a village". Just Google "It takes a village" and baptism and find 6,296 hits for Gid's sake (Pun intended).
Now apologize and try to learn that knowledge and facts are pretty damn easy to find with this newfangled thing called the Internet.
I charge $400 and hour as my ordinary consulting fee - so send a check $80.00 to charity because located these sources in less than 20 minutes.
Here's a link to the Methodist liturgy proving the Christian concept "It takes a Village".
http://www.kintera.org/atf/cf/%257B3482E846-5...
Here's a link to a the Church of England liturgy also reaffirming the idea that "It takes a Village";
http://www.churchofengland.org/media/41165/ci...
Here's a link to a book used in seminaries to train ministers explaining why the concept "It takes a Village" is central to Christian theology:
http://books.google.com/books...
It's available from Church Publishing, Inc. and authored by Ruth Meyers.
Here's another one from the "Christian Resource Institute reminding the congregation of the need for the Christian "Village" to care for the child.
http://www.crivoice.org/infantbaptism.html
"It's a basic tenent of Christian theology that during a baptism the sponsors pledge to raise the child as a Christian, and the Congregation pledges to help the parents and the child raise the kid."
Like Satan leaving off the meaning of scripture in my previous post, you leave aff at the end of your statement the following, "The congregation pledges to help parents and the child to follow Christ's teaching."
The idea of "it takes a village" from Libtards is it takes a village to be responsible for all aspects in raising a child whereas most conservatives believe that is the responsibility of parents.
Also your links don't help you at all as most of them support my ending of your statement, "The congregation pledges to help parents and the child to follow Christ's teaching."
And the concept of "it takes a village" is NOT the same as a congregation providing instructions, hope, and support in leading a Christian life.
You won't find anywhere where it takes a village, as used by Libtards, in any Liturgy.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6260
Apr 7, 2013
 
Have one last one.

http://bible.org/article/baby-dedication

Conducting the Ceremony:

Service of Dedication I

Children are a gift from God. Psalm 127:3 proclaims that "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him." As believers we are called to recognize that children belong first and foremost to God. God in his goodness gives children as gifts to parents. They not only have the awesome responsibility of caring for this gift, but also the wonderful privilege of enjoying the gift. Because children belong to God and are given by grace as gifts to parents, it is only proper and appropriate that children be dedicated back to God.

We are told in 1 Samuel 1 that Hannah presented her son Samuel to the Lord. In Luke 2:22 we read that Mary and Joseph brought their baby Jesus to the temple in Jerusalem ....in order to present him before the Lord.

Accompanying them in making this commitment are (CHILD'S)...

(PARENTS), I call your attention to the commands of God recorded in Holy Scripture. Deuteronomy 6:4-7 tells us:

"Hear O Israel: The Lord our God is....

Ephesians 6:4 says:

"fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord." God's instructions are plain.

(PARENTS), love God with every ounce and fiber of your energy and teach (CHILD) to do the same. As you love God, one another, and (OTHER CHILDREN), you will model before (CHILD) a wonderful love for God that he will want for himself.

(PARENTS), by coming forward before God and his people, do you hereby declare your desire to dedicate yourselves and your (SON/DAUGHTER + CHILD'S NAME) to the Lord? If so, please respond by saying "we do." ("We do.")

Having come freely, I ask now that you enter into the following commitment in the presence of God and his people (Wife hands child to husband as a sign of his spiritual headship in the family). So that (CHILD) may walk in the... Christ as his Savior and Lord?("We do.")

Modeling this kind of love can not be done alone. It requires the help of others. For this reason,(PARENTS) call upon the help of (GODPARENTS). I now direct my questions to you. By coming forward before God and his people, do you hereby declare your desire to help PARENTS fulfill the vow they have just made by becoming (CHILD'S) godparents? If so, please respond by saying "we do." ("We do.")

Having come freely, I ask now that you enter into the following commitment: So that (CHILD) may walk in the abundant life that Christ offers, do you vow by God's help, to encourage, through praise and correction,(PARENTS) in their effort to raise (CHILD) in the fear of the Lord, to uphold them in prayer, and if anything should happen to (PARENTS), to assume responsibility in helping (CHILD) receive our Lord's guidance and instruction?("We do.")

Finally, I ask that the church make a vow as well. There's an old proverb that says "it takes a village to raise a child." Parents have first responsibility. But parents need the help and support of the community. So I direct my questions now to the church. By being present in God's house today, do you hereby declare yourselves to be the children of God because you trust in Jesus Christ alone for the forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life? If this is true, please respond by saying "we do." ("We do.")

Would you please stand? Having come freely, I ask now that you make the following commitment to those who stand before you: So that (CHILD) may walk in the abundant life that Christ offers, do you vow by God's help, to be faithful in your calling as members of the body of Christ, to help (PARENTS) be faithful to God, and to help teach and train (CHILD) in the ways of the Lord so that he might one day trust him as Savior and Lord? If you accept this responsibility, please respond by saying "we do."

(Dad hands child to pastor for prayer of dedication)

(Presentation of Certificate and Gift)

(May wish to sing dedication hymn)
Scott

Demorest, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6261
Apr 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Glorya wrote:
Let my nerves settle. I'm all upset now. Just thinking about it makes me sad. America, Africa, the Middle East, the Korean Peninsula.... For those of you who do pray, just say one little prayer for our WHOLE world today.
Try to smile and not be too sad. It can be very un-settling when the World seems upside down right now. There are many very serious issues confronting our country and issues that should bring us all together. However, it seems we are most worried about gay marriage, a rich person's taxes or how long someone has to stand in line to vote.

As far as North Korea is concerned, we have our "Ace Emissary") who we can use if it should get even more dangerous. Dennis Rodman can talk little Kim into being a nicer little boy. See....it's not so bad.
Glorya

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6262
Apr 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Scott wrote:
On a much lighter note and off-topic, if there is one:
I was in Ft. Myers , Florida the other day and I
saw a bumper sticker on a parked car that read:
"I miss Chicago ."
So, I broke the window, stole the radio, shot out
two of the tires, added an Obama bumper sticker
and left a note that read, "I hope this helps!"
Funny in a sad, sorta way. I did laugh, must admit! Helps keep my mind off Africa & Jong Un.
Glorya

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6263
Apr 7, 2013
 
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to smile and not be too sad. It can be very un-settling when the World seems upside down right now. There are many very serious issues confronting our country and issues that should bring us all together. However, it seems we are most worried about gay marriage, a rich person's taxes or how long someone has to stand in line to vote.
As far as North Korea is concerned, we have our "Ace Emissary") who we can use if it should get even more dangerous. Dennis Rodman can talk little Kim into being a nicer little boy. See....it's not so bad.
Thanks, for making me smile.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6264
Apr 7, 2013
 
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>"It's a basic tenent of Christian theology that during a baptism the sponsors pledge to raise the child as a Christian, and the Congregation pledges to help the parents and the child raise the kid."
Like Satan leaving off the meaning of scripture in my previous post, you leave aff at the end of your statement the following, "The congregation pledges to help parents and the child to follow Christ's teaching."
The idea of "it takes a village" from Libtards is it takes a village to be responsible for all aspects in raising a child whereas most conservatives believe that is the responsibility of parents.
Also your links don't help you at all as most of them support my ending of your statement, "The congregation pledges to help parents and the child to follow Christ's teaching."
And the concept of "it takes a village" is NOT the same as a congregation providing instructions, hope, and support in leading a Christian life.
You won't find anywhere where it takes a village, as used by Libtards, in any Liturgy.
Look, we all understand that Right Wing
Philosophy by its very terms it is contrary to a Jesus' teachings.

That is just a fact. Jesus was a bleeding heart Leeeeeeeeberal.

So, maybe you have to pretend to be that damn stupid of accept that Right Wing philosophy are Anti-Christian.

"It takes a village" has been Christian dogma since the authors started writing down Jesus' words. It might be a new concept to you, but to normal folks it has been well understood and accepted.

That's what Christianity is you mental midget - a COMMUNITY of believers pledging to HELP and SUPPORT each other.

That's why the congregation is called upon the help and support the child in almost all liturgies.

Do you really think Jesus taught the "Christian" thing to do is to watch a child suffer and die for lack of food, clothing, or medical care, as long as you read the Bible to him as he suffers and dies ?

Is that what Jesus meant when he said "Suffer the little children to come into me ?" Let the little bastards suffer ?

Are you really that moronic and selfish?

You are one brave (or stupid) guy, calling Jesus a "Libtard". When that lightening hits I hope you got one of Faraday Boxes handy.

By he way, I posted the link to, and most of the language in the liturgy that specifically uses the language "Ut takes a village" in case your mind is actually incapable of understanding the linkage between a concept and words use to express that concept.
Chicknbutt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6265
Apr 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Glorya wrote:
The best quote...hunting will be called a sport ONLY when both sides know they're in the game.
As much as I abhor the idea of agreeing with anything you could possibly think, I do have have to agree that the quote you referenced is a good one.

Bear hunters for example fill up a trash can with donuts, then hide in the bushes with a bazooka to blow the bears innocent little head off when he stops in for breakfast.

I'd much rather see the hunter have to WEAR the donuts on his jacket, and be only armed with a pocket-knife. Then we might be able to call it a sport.
Chicknbutt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6266
Apr 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Maybe if bears could hang outside of Dunkin'Donuts with high-powered rifles and scopes, then we could call it a sport.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images...

And if they get a kill, they get to hang the humans head on the wall of the bear-den.

http://www.peterclayton.ie/2011/images/people...
Chicknbutt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6267
Apr 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey - Just a reminder to the right-wingers that Bush had TREMENDOUS job-losses during his last year of presidency.

Oh, and by the way - The worst economic recession this country has known in almost a 100 years happened under his Presidency after 8 years of Republican policies.

Just a reminder. I know you right-wingers often seem to forget that.
Chicknbutt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6268
Apr 7, 2013
 
Oh, and in case we also forget about this little tidbit -

That recession caused MASSIVE business closings and let to even more huge unemployment numbers and many Americans losing their homes.

Just a little bit of reality we should keep in mind when we talk about the state of the country and politics.

That really did happen.
Chicknbutt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6269
Apr 7, 2013
 
All that did happen while George W. Bush was President of the United States of America.

It really did. So let's keep that in mind when we are discussing how great Republican Policy is, shall we?

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6270
Apr 7, 2013
 
Glorya wrote:
Let my nerves settle. I'm all upset now. Just thinking about it makes me sad. America, Africa, the Middle East, the Korean Peninsula.... For those of you who do pray, just say one little prayer for our WHOLE world today.
I see nothing wrong with your statement as praying might help and it surely can't hurt.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6271
Apr 7, 2013
 
Chicknbutt wrote:
All that did happen while George W. Bush was President of the United States of America.
It really did. So let's keep that in mind when we are discussing how great Republican Policy is, shall we?
Frankly I have little use for either major party at this time. This country needs a good legitimate 3rd party.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6272
Apr 7, 2013
 
Chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I abhor the idea of agreeing with anything you could possibly think, I do have have to agree that the quote you referenced is a good one.
Bear hunters for example fill up a trash can with donuts, then hide in the bushes with a bazooka to blow the bears innocent little head off when he stops in for breakfast.
I'd much rather see the hunter have to WEAR the donuts on his jacket, and be only armed with a pocket-knife. Then we might be able to call it a sport.
Does the cheetah hunt the wildebeest?

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6273
Apr 7, 2013
 
Glorya wrote:
Let my nerves settle. I'm all upset now. Just thinking about it makes me sad. America, Africa, the Middle East, the Korean Peninsula.... For those of you who do pray, just say one little prayer for our WHOLE world today.
Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
mobile detailing (Dec '10) 1 hr Courtney Galler 8
Bank Closing 3 hr Is it true 22
Union County Development Authority 4 hr Thick headed 27
Lamar Pars/SPLOST/Revenue Bonds and lies he told (Sep '12) 5 hr commenting 179
BRMEMC bylaws 16 hr Thank you 2
your opinion on blairsville methadone clinic (Dec '09) 16 hr Lordee Be 151
MedMark Thu guest 1
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blairsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blairsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••