Bored

Commerce, GA

#6228 Apr 7, 2013
Immigration Reform: Are Obama & AFL-CIO Bosses Using ‘Poison Pills’ To Kill Latinos’ Dreams Again?

http://www.redstate.com/2013/03/26/immigratio...
Bored

Commerce, GA

#6229 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually, it's a concept central to the Christian Church, passed down from the time of Christ.
""The book's title is attributed to an African proverb: "It takes a village to raise a child." The saying and its attribution as an "African" proverb were in circulation before it was adopted by Clinton as the source for the title of her book. Indeed, the saying previously provided the source for the title of a children's book entitled It Takes a Village by Jane Cowen-Fletcher, published in 1994.[6]

The authenticity of the proverb has been the subject of some controversy, however, as there is no evidence that the proverb genuinely originated with any African culture,[citation needed] although numerous proverbs from different cultures across Africa have been noted that convey similar sentiments in different ways: "While it is interesting to seek provenance in regard to the proverb,'It takes a village to raise a child,' I think it would be misleading to ascribe its origin to a single source.... Let me give a few examples of African societies with proverbs which translate to 'It takes a village...': In Lunyoro (Banyoro) there is a proverb that says 'Omwana takulila nju emoi,' whose literal translation is 'A child does not grow up only in a single home.' In Kihaya (Bahaya) there is a saying,'Omwana taba womoi,' which translates as 'A child belongs not to one parent or home.' In Kijita (Wajita) there is a proverb which says 'Omwana ni wa bhone,' meaning regardless of a child's biological parent(s) its upbringing belongs to the community. In Swahili, the proverb 'Asiyefunzwa na mamae hufunzwa na ulimwengu' approximates to the same."[7]""

And everyone knows Africa is such a power house of economy activity that the whole continent leads the world in standards of living.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#6230 Apr 7, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you'll tell us where you found this gem, or is it another figment of your imagination.
We know you have no shame when it comes to the Bible or the words therein, for you have made a mockery of it since some long time ago.
You have also failed to get a hit and still batting .000, so if you can produce a source for you post, your batting avg will go up.
You won't be a water boy anymore.

So fess up and produce a source.
Obviously , church services are not a common experience for you, otherwise you'd recognize the common baptismal liturgy used for baptisms taking place during services.

and if you didn't, having the words of the baptismal liturgy quoted to you would surely have refreshed your recollection - assuming you had a recollection of church - you know - where Right Wingers go to tell leeeeeeeberals how they are more religious than leeeeeeeberals.

And after you have been so embarrassed so many times by a mouth far larger than your knowledge base, you'd think you would have learned by now not to challenge me and that I document everything.

Educating you is becoming tiring.

All others reading the post recognize the common baptism liturgy.

Please just ask any person you know who has been to church when there has been a baptism - and they'll confirm it for you.

But you have lost your right to ask for more information from me. Each time I devote minutes of my life providing additional documentation, you ignore it anyway, so your requests now fall on dead ears.

Yep, "it takes a village" - imagine, once again Leeeeeeeeeberals following Jesus' precepts and Rught Wingers mocking them for doing so.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Destin, FL

#6231 Apr 7, 2013
Paul Broun
Glorya

Atlanta, GA

#6232 Apr 7, 2013
Paul Broun, yuck! He's been married FOUR times and killed a lion on safari, cooked it & ate it. Are you kidding me? Sounds barbaric, maybe he should've just stayed in Africa. I hope this man loses BIG time. I wouldn't shake the man's hand, much less vote for him.
Tyrone

Macedonia, OH

#6233 Apr 7, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
Paul Broun
Bobby Brown
Glorya

Atlanta, GA

#6234 Apr 7, 2013
Then, have the nerve to boast about it....

A man who enjoys killing ANY animal for sport, more so exotic animals, are MESSED up and have deep underlying issues. The Teddy Roosevelts and Ted Nugents of the world make many nature lovers gag.

The best quote...hunting will be called a sport ONLY when both sides know they're in the game.

floridaidot

Commerce, GA

#6235 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>

Each time I devote minutes of my life providing additional documentation, you ignore it anyway, so your requests now fall on dead ears.

I've only seen one documentation from you, and you were proven wrong on it by using outdated information.

The reason you won't post a link to back you up about your liturgy is because you can't find one that confirms what you say.

Typical IO post, a lot of hot wind with made up statements.
Glorya

Atlanta, GA

#6236 Apr 7, 2013
I just could NOT hold back on that one, Dville. I spoke my mind, now carry on about the woes of American politics. Such depressing topics ... I'll be praying Jung Un is all mouth, no missles. Good grief.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#6237 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously , church services are not a common experience for you, otherwise you'd recognize the common baptismal liturgy used for baptisms taking place during services.
and if you didn't, having the words of the baptismal liturgy quoted to you would surely have refreshed your recollection - assuming you had a recollection of church - you know - where Right Wingers go to tell leeeeeeeberals how they are more religious than leeeeeeeberals.
And after you have been so embarrassed so many times by a mouth far larger than your knowledge base, you'd think you would have learned by now not to challenge me and that I document everything.
Educating you is becoming tiring.
All others reading the post recognize the common baptism liturgy.
Please just ask any person you know who has been to church when there has been a baptism - and they'll confirm it for you.
But you have lost your right to ask for more information from me. Each time I devote minutes of my life providing additional documentation, you ignore it anyway, so your requests now fall on dead ears.
Yep, "it takes a village" - imagine, once again Leeeeeeeeeberals following Jesus' precepts and Rught Wingers mocking them for doing so.
Oh I can recognize the common liturgy ok. What I don't recognize is the part about "it takes a village to raise a child."
I called you on it and you have failed again to prove your corrupting of the Liturgy.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#6238 Apr 7, 2013
floridaidot wrote:
<quoted text>I've only seen one documentation from you, and you were proven wrong on it by using outdated information.

The reason you won't post a link to back you up about your liturgy is because you can't find one that confirms what you say.

The name you've chosen says it all.

The only accurate words in your whole post.

Please feel free to "educate" us all, but wait, that would mean doing your own research and Right Wingers don't work or contribute, they are parasites who bitch others don't work hard enough to support them.

Hey, here's a concept - ask your preacher or listen next time in church - assuming you're not busy passing the rattlesnake- and you'll actually learn something.

Having participated in a baptism two weeks ago as a member of the congregation, when I see the minister,(of 30 years experience), I'll let him know he did the service all wrong. I'll also tell him what idiots the entire 250 person congregation were, to have not known they were actually participating in an "African" - not Christian - ritual since the church was started some 50 years ago.

I'll continue to make fools of yourselves a while.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6239 Apr 7, 2013
That fool in N. Korea as backed himself into a corner. I'm concerned that he is thinking he'll appear/be weak and ineffectual if he doens't do SOMETHING now.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#6240 Apr 7, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I can recognize the common liturgy ok. What I don't recognize is the part about "it takes a village to raise a child."
I called you on it and you have failed again to prove your corrupting of the Liturgy.
And this is a furthering of what you have done.

"Vs. 6 – Once again Satan challenges Jesus to show His power.“Since you are God’s Son, throw yourself down and prove yourself to be such. The angels will bear you up so that you don’t hurt yourself.” This was little more than what we would today call a “dare.”“I dare you to do it.” It is a childish practice that often ends up hurting those who participate in it more than it does help the self esteem of the one who is challenged to do it. It should come as no surprise that another characteristic of Satan is that he is childish and immature in his antics.

Satan does, however, wise up in one regard. This time he quotes scripture to Jesus. It is a grave lesson to us. Satan knows what God’s word says and is prepared to use it against us if we are not educated and knowledgeable in it. Satan even uses the scriptures in, at least, their immediate context. He quotes from Psalm 91:11,12. These were legitimate prophecies concerning the Christ and the protection that He would be afforded while on earth. Satan, however, always has in mind a misappropriating spirit and while he seemingly understands these passages correctly, he makes an incorrect application of them. Jesus’ correction is thus, forthcoming.

Vs. 7 – Jesus’ reply to Satan corrects his use of scripture. God’s word must be understood as a whole, not by taking one part of it and using it separate from what the other parts teach. There are several contexts in which we must handle scripture. There is the immediate context (the passage), there is the mediate context (the book), and there is the remote context (the entire Bible). Satan appears to have used this scripture correctly so far as the immediate and mediate contexts are concerned. But he doesn’t consider the remote contexts and thereby he causing the word of God to contradict itself. We simply cannot afford to make the same mistakes that Satan makes here. We simply cannot afford to handle God’s word in a way that is inconsistent with other parts of that word and message. We must handle God’s word correctly (2 Timothy 2:15)."

“Marble Man”

Destin, FL

#6241 Apr 7, 2013
Glorya wrote:
Then, have the nerve to boast about it....
A man who enjoys killing ANY animal for sport, more so exotic animals, are MESSED up and have deep underlying issues. The Teddy Roosevelts and Ted Nugents of the world make many nature lovers gag.
The best quote...hunting will be called a sport ONLY when both sides know they're in the game.
The governments of Africa actually sponsor and profit from such hunts.

“Marble Man”

Destin, FL

#6242 Apr 7, 2013
Glorya wrote:
Paul Broun, yuck! He's been married FOUR times and killed a lion on safari, cooked it & ate it. Are you kidding me? Sounds barbaric, maybe he should've just stayed in Africa. I hope this man loses BIG time. I wouldn't shake the man's hand, much less vote for him.
Who would you like to see?
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#6243 Apr 7, 2013
floridaidot wrote:
<quoted text>I've only seen one documentation from you, and you were proven wrong on it by using outdated information.

By the way - did I miss your post to a reputable link demonstrating that the idea in question is an "African" idea ?

It would be interesting I am sure to the Christian ministers doing these baptisms.

Oh wait ... I quote the exact words of the liturgy from the church link, and you call me a liar
meanwhile,
you Right Wingers make any old nonsense up, and then attack those if us who prove your nonsense - is nonsense.

When your through calling names, offer some evidence, or just remain aggressively imbecilic blowhards.

Ah, Right Wingers - never prove their assertions - and always attacking those who do.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#6244 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>

I'll continue to make fools of yourselves a while.
You're only making a fool of yourself by not backing up what you say with another source other than your own word.

Location hidden

#6245 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way - did I miss your post to a reputable link demonstrating that the idea in question is an "African" idea ?
It would be interesting I am sure to the Christian ministers doing these baptisms.
Oh wait ... I quote the exact words of the liturgy from the church link, and you call me a liar
meanwhile,
you Right Wingers make any old nonsense up, and then attack those if us who prove your nonsense - is nonsense.
When your through calling names, offer some evidence, or just remain aggressively imbecilic blowhards.
Ah, Right Wingers - never prove their assertions - and always attacking those who do.
YOUR idea of proof is just your filibustering. You SELDOM(once or twice?) post links. I am guessing the reason is that your info comes from some extreme left wing underground type sources. Otherwise, you'd post links that we've asked for over and over. Instead, you yammer on and on EVEN after numerous requests. Makes no sense.

Location hidden

#6246 Apr 7, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
You're only making a fool of yourself by not backing up what you say with another source other than your own word.
Amen, brother!!!!!!! Sing it!
Bored

Commerce, GA

#6247 Apr 7, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
So we have 2 floridots talking about each other. ha-ha-ha.

FYI;
I post a reputable link demonstrating that the idea in question is an "African" idea.
Above on this page.
Your goddess Hilary herself used it in her book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is running against Lamar Paris? 5 min ACOG 5
GSP vs. motorcycle fatality 8 min WEATHERMAN 37
Steve's Steakhouse 1 hr My Thought 51
Lamar Pars/SPLOST/Revenue Bonds and lies he told (Sep '12) 2 hr Meter Maid 182
BRMEMC board election results 9 13 2014 2 hr Wipe The Slate Clean 137
Angie Newton 8 hr you know me 2
Tanyard Truck Stop 10 hr the Gestapo is here 12
Lances and BRMEMC 14 hr Erin 33
BRMEMC Board and Akins Wed 1 Member 49
•••