Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#40613 Apr 9, 2014
someone else wrote:
<quoted text>
...., it was the baby boomer generation, the greediest generation in history that caused all this mess. They need someone else to blame, the last few years its been the Dems and Obama. Or GM and Chrysler. Or Wall Street greed. Or heatless banks, but always someone else.
Anyone else see the irony?
Internut

Blairsville, GA

#40614 Apr 9, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone else see the irony?
Nope.

Location hidden

#40615 Apr 9, 2014
changed wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a group of American citizens who obviously think their rights are being trampled who demonstrate and don't agree with you, its a MOB. I truly wish I could say I am surprised, but I am not. They though and still think the same thing, their rights are being trampled. The main costs were the cops, firemen and corrections officers to hush the crowds. And in the end move them OFF the property.
But fact is both groups were WRONG, you have NO right to protest on anyone's land without permission, government or private. You don't like the laws, get them changed.
No, "a group of American citizens who obviously think their rights are being trampled who demonstrate and don't agree with" me are not necessarily a mob. But a group of malcontents who disrupt others as they try to make a living or a group of malcontents who destroy businesses and private or public property......yeah, they're a mob.

Permission to protest??? Ever heard of the First Amendment?

Location hidden

#40616 Apr 9, 2014
Internut wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
What a surprise.

Location hidden

#40617 Apr 9, 2014
uneducated wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is some conservative's idea of thinking it to turn the TV to FNC or the radio to Beck or Rush and just listen and believe. Do you ever wonder with the amount of money generated by such programs, do they really believe what they are saying? For some its millions of dollars a year, just for talking. Do they really care how much they say is pure fantasy.. Look at the history of Beck, Rush and Murdock, when you really look its obvious its all about the money. Talk about clueless and uneducated.
You just keep telling yourself that those who disagree with you can't possibly be sincere in their beliefs and motivations. Talk about living in fantasy land, you apparently bought a one-way ticket.

Location hidden

#40618 Apr 9, 2014
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, Syn...*smilin*
How ya been?
Well, I hope...
The liberals seem awful nervous...
I'd look for the posts from them to get more and more stupid/desperate, as November approaches...
Ya know? LoL!!!
Hey Aggie!
I don't get on here much anymore, Syn...
Google+ is cooler...
But keep up the good fight.
Your country needs people like you.
Hi, OMTE. Hope you're having fun with your boys on Spring Break.
WasBushStupid

United States

#40619 Apr 10, 2014
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberals seem awful nervous...
After Bush and then that Palin thing and then that Romoney fiasco they feel that there is reason to be nervous. That's just a part of it. Then we get into the House with felon Darrell Issa and worker hating Paul Ryan, well let's just say that America'a health looks unhealthy when Republicans start prescribing.

25. He never attended soldiers' funerals. For years after the war started, Bush never attended a funeral even though as of June 2005, 144 soldiers (of the 1,700 killed thus far) were laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetary, about two miles from the White House.

26. Meanwhile, war profiteering surged. The list of top Bush administration officials whose former corporate employers made billions in Pentagon contracts starts with Vice-President Dick Cheney and Halliburton, which made $39.5 billion, and included his daughter, Liz Cheney, who ran a $300 million Middle East partnership program.

27. Bush ignored international ban on torture. Suspected terrorists were captured and tortured by the U.S. military in Baghdad’s Abu Gharib prison, in the highest profile example of how the Bush White House ignored international agreements, such as the Geneva Convention, that banned torture, and created a secret system of detention that was unmasked when photos made their way to the American media outlets.
CarteBlancBrainR epair

United States

#40620 Apr 10, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet if his political ideology agreed with yours you wouldn't be so critical.
I wouldn't call his pooting out of his mouth, poor writing skills and name calling "political ideology". Not sure what it is but it's not "political ideology" and there must be a lot of flies buzzing around him.
AnybodyButDeal

United States

#40621 Apr 10, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And did I make this argument? Nope, don't need to. The very existence of the Universe is all the proof that is needed to argue for a Creator.
The purpose of the Bible is not to "prove there is a Creator" it is to explain to mankind their NEED for a relationship with that Creator God and how to achieve that relationship. It can be described as a guidebook or even an "instruction manual."
Agnostics, perhaps even Atheists, can agree with you on the mystery of the universe AND the seemingly infinity of space. But they can also rightfully call your religion and any branded religion to task with the conflicted words laid out in those religions.

Realistically now, look at the Tower of Babel fairytale and tell us with a straight face that this is a "godly" tale. It don't make any more sense that Peter Cottontail.

...and hey look at that #7 below. Just by translating the bible into English and other languages "God's will" has been violated.

Believe what you want but keep it to yourself, out of our schools and laws.

"Oh, that's a parable." you might say. Well which is it, "The Bible" or a "Parable"?

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
—Genesis 11:7–9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel
AnybodyButDeal

United States

#40622 Apr 10, 2014
This is the truth about the earth. It's a garden. The bible tells us so and says to go forth, be fruitful and multiply. Then it goes on to speak of harvest, that rapture time when we will be harvested, taken to heaven and be in Jesus, eaten. You are nothing more that his, their, favorite food.
God, Jeebus, likes clean food and that's the reason with all the clean living and eating rules like in Leviticus 11.

You or those who will be around at harvest are nothing more than food. Get over it, already.

When rapture harvest comes, y'all go ahead. I'll stay around and cut the lights out.

Ever watch the movie "To Serve Man"?
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#40623 Apr 10, 2014
same wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Believe what you will and live with the results
Just as people have been doing for 100's of thousands of years, formulating a religion to explain the mysteries of life and the natural world around them. Course with the advent of the Scientific Method many of the mysteries of the natural world have been demystified.
your opinions

Jefferson, GA

#40624 Apr 10, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, "a group of American citizens who obviously think their rights are being trampled who demonstrate and don't agree with" me are not necessarily a mob. But a group of malcontents who disrupt others as they try to make a living or a group of malcontents who destroy businesses and private or public property......yeah, they're a mob.
Permission to protest??? Ever heard of the First Amendment?
Last time, you obviously have a comprehension problem, or just believe what you believe and have no interest in anything else.... Its not the protest, its the location of the protest without the owners permission, even if government are the owners. That's why some of us just can't understand why the KKK can get permits to march/demonstrate. Their message is bad, but at least they follow the law. Funny how a group like the KKK is less of a problem than Occupy Wall Street! All you know about Occupy Wall Street is what you saw on FNC. I agree they did damage, but the damage was done by the act of occupying the locations they were protesting. Like a football game does damage to the field and the mess the fans make, same thing. You don't scream and complain with the results of damage to public property from football games do you???
Most people who protest are considered malcontents by some. Its just you don't see what they see and that's OK. But you really don't see much on your on, its the TV and the Radio that form's your opinions, that's painfully obvious.
same

Cornelia, GA

#40625 Apr 10, 2014
AnybodyButDeal wrote:
<quoted text>Agnostics, perhaps even Atheists, can agree with you on the mystery of the universe AND the seemingly infinity of space. But they can also rightfully call your religion and any branded religion to task with the conflicted words laid out in those religions.

Realistically now, look at the Tower of Babel fairytale and tell us with a straight face that this is a "godly" tale. It don't make any more sense that Peter Cottontail.

...and hey look at that #7 below. Just by translating the bible into English and other languages "God's will" has been violated.

Believe what you want but keep it to yourself, out of our schools and laws.

"Oh, that's a parable." you might say. Well which is it, "The Bible" or a "Parable"?

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
—Genesis 11:7–9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel

Pray tell......if your so thsmart..... You should be able to tell us the majors themes presented in the bible dummy.....

same

Cornelia, GA

#40628 Apr 10, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Just as people have been doing for 100's of thousands of years, formulating a religion to explain the mysteries of life and the natural world around them. Course with the advent of the Scientific Method many of the mysteries of the natural world have been demystified.

And can you list the facts that are not facts found in the Bible.......

Location hidden

#40629 Apr 10, 2014
AnybodyButDeal wrote:
This is the truth about the earth. It's a garden. The bible tells us so and says to go forth, be fruitful and multiply. Then it goes on to speak of harvest, that rapture time when we will be harvested, taken to heaven and be in Jesus, eaten. You are nothing more that his, their, favorite food.
God, Jeebus, likes clean food and that's the reason with all the clean living and eating rules like in Leviticus 11.
You or those who will be around at harvest are nothing more than food. Get over it, already.
When rapture harvest comes, y'all go ahead. I'll stay around and cut the lights out.
Ever watch the movie "To Serve Man"?
It must be so sad to be you - so full of hate towards those who disagree with you that all you can do is spew hateful rhetoric and lies, whether it be towards conservatives or Christians. Sad, sad little man.

Location hidden

#40630 Apr 10, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as people have been doing for 100's of thousands of years, formulating a religion to explain the mysteries of life and the natural world around them. Course with the advent of the Scientific Method many of the mysteries of the natural world have been demystified.
But not the most basic mystery of all, where did Life come from in the first place? How did something (the Universe) come from nothing?

You actually swerved into the truth earlier when you said:
"Course any realistic discussion of a Creator would recognize that such an entity transcends its creation, and the tools available within the creation will always fall short of describing that which transcends the creation."
But not only do those "tools available within the creation" fall short of describing the Creator, they fall short of being able to create themselves. Hence, the undeniable need for a Creator.
is hate

Jefferson, GA

#40631 Apr 10, 2014
Live streaming of the House of Representatives on a POLITICAL witch hunt again, nothing more. Republicans have gotten the conservative supreme court to allow them to buy elections and lie in the advertising for those elections. Now they are playing politics again on the House floor, where they should be doing things to improve our current situation. But this has been the tactic before today and again today, politics over substance. Political agendas and re-election campaign's being much more important than fixing OUR country. I have voted a split ticket my whole life, but I don't know if I will ever be able to vote for a member of a group where party politics trumps improving America, time and time again.

Conservatives should be ashamed, truly ashamed of what they are doing to this country. I think hate has replaced common sense, to the point all they do is hate.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/watc...

Location hidden

#40632 Apr 10, 2014
your opinions wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time, you obviously have a comprehension problem, or just believe what you believe and have no interest in anything else.... Its not the protest, its the location of the protest without the owners permission, even if government are the owners. That's why some of us just can't understand why the KKK can get permits to march/demonstrate. Their message is bad, but at least they follow the law. Funny how a group like the KKK is less of a problem than Occupy Wall Street! All you know about Occupy Wall Street is what you saw on FNC. I agree they did damage, but the damage was done by the act of occupying the locations they were protesting. Like a football game does damage to the field and the mess the fans make, same thing. You don't scream and complain with the results of damage to public property from football games do you???
Most people who protest are considered malcontents by some. Its just you don't see what they see and that's OK. But you really don't see much on your on, its the TV and the Radio that form's your opinions, that's painfully obvious.
Afraid you're the one with the comprehension problem - again. You're right,it's not the protest - it's the property damage and disruption of other people's ability to simply go on with their day to day business that is the problem. So tell me, what were the Occupiers protesting about Woodruff Park - that is the spot they "occupied"? That was where most of the damage took place in Atlanta. Were they offended by the grass and the irrigation system?

"damage to the field" - are you serious? "mess the fans make" - you mean like the idiots "celebrating" the UConn NCAA victory by smashing windows, destroying lamp posts, and other stupid behavior - and what happened? Dozens of the morons got arrested. Their parents must be so proud.

This whole discussion started with the fact that the government has "designated" First Amendment areas in a city because the federal government feels so threatened by the protests of ONE MAN and his family over what they consider infringement of their rights. Designated First Amendment areas - do you really not understand the implications? Unfortunately, that is probably a rhetorical question.
same

Cornelia, GA

#40633 Apr 10, 2014
is hate wrote:
Live streaming of the House of Representatives on a POLITICAL witch hunt again, nothing more. Republicans have gotten the conservative supreme court to allow them to buy elections and lie in the advertising for those elections. Now they are playing politics again on the House floor, where they should be doing things to improve our current situation. But this has been the tactic before today and again today, politics over substance. Political agendas and re-election campaign's being much more important than fixing OUR country. I have voted a split ticket my whole life, but I don't know if I will ever be able to vote for a member of a group where party politics trumps improving America, time and time again.
Conservatives should be ashamed, truly ashamed of what they are doing to this country. I think hate has replaced common sense, to the point all they do is hate.

Another reason this poster is the biggest dummy on topic..........

"“its the TV and the Radio that form's your opinions, that's painfully obvious."
Post number 40624"

and now tells us he gets his news from libroid news source NBC.........

Cant get a bigger dummy than one who speaks out of both sides of his mouth and his rear end at the same time..........

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#40634 Apr 10, 2014
is hate wrote:
Funniest post of the day. Interesting how you liberals consider liberal failings: witchhunts and conservative failings: scandals. We LAUGH at you clueless wonders. You liberals ALWAYS resort to the word HATE when things aren't going your way. You are positively DRUNK on the left wing pabulum you are being fed.
I typed a lengthy response to a previous post you made to me. It wasn't posted for some reason. Perhaps it will show up later. I doubt it, however. You would have loved it. I blew every word you typed out of the water....as usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Target Range Status? 6 hr Some Things Never... 10
wucg – fm 93.1 6 hr Coosa Granny 1
Nick Townsend -- UNION GENERAL 9 hr Slick willy 21
Why Do Liberal Women Hate Men? (Apr '12) Tue Hillary Clinton 376
Tanyard Apts Tue Used to live there 4
Americanized Sep 26 The Mountains Noise 35
Copeland's Burgers & Southern Eats in Blairsville Sep 26 Stick 48

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance