Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
stelio kontos

Columbus, GA

#31411 Nov 14, 2013
now wrote:
<quoted text>
well there is this:::
I took a Geology class once. Don’t know if they were lying or telling the truth as Geology, like some other sciences, is based partly on speculation, actual science, and pseudo-science. Hey 50-50 one way or the other, who can disprove or who can prove.
Point of this post is, does everyone or anyone know that along hwy 76 in Young Harris Georgia can be found some of the oldest rocks in the world?? They match the age of the oldest known rocks in a mountain range in Europe. Sorta like saying “our rocks are just as old as your rocks.”
Now Carbon dating didn’t tell the Geologists this, as Carbon dating doesn’t work on minerals.
But Carbon dating does work on Carbon based life forms within a certain timeframe range. I believe we could use carbon dating on the fungi known as libroids and pretty much tell us their age. Some would be classified as decrepit, and some as brain dead…but it does make me wonder….
Well heck! I should change from Meteorology to Geology. At least with the weather, it can be seen by all, and studied on a consistent basis. Any fool can pick up a rock, look at it, and say "...yep, it's old" and get away with it, while receiving grants to look at more "old rocks". IN the long run, I suppose everyone needs a hobby they can rip the government off with.
now

Hiawassee, GA

#31412 Nov 14, 2013
stelio kontos wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but huh? Who, in their right mind, doesn't know the density of a rock, whether it being igneous, sedimentary, etc., is hard? I guess that might be where the quote "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" right?
Now i ask you. If you fall down, hit your head on a rock, are you going to care how old the damn thing is? No. You are probably on the way to the hospital, hoping that your busted head will heal.
And as far as your statement about a flying rock, just when do rocks fly? Is this your world, or some jacked up Alice in Wonderland perception? In case you wanted to know, rocks don't fly. They only become a projectile when thrown.

well you know; when a head is full of rocks, there's no space left for anything else...other than Obama's orders....

stelio kontos

Columbus, GA

#31413 Nov 14, 2013
Now that I think about it, who gives a cluck how old the planet is? I'll tell you what... If you really want to do something amazing, find a cure for the common cold, cancer, emphysema, heart disease, and the numerous other things that are relevant in today's world.

Walking around looking at rocks is the lazy man's perception of helping the world. Gee, while we're at it, let's cut down a tree and count the rings to see how old it is. Well, it ain't gettin' no older now is it, geniuses? Pfft.
now

Hiawassee, GA

#31414 Nov 14, 2013
stelio kontos wrote:
<quoted text>
Well heck! I should change from Meteorology to Geology. At least with the weather, it can be seen by all, and studied on a consistent basis. Any fool can pick up a rock, look at it, and say "...yep, it's old" and get away with it, while receiving grants to look at more "old rocks". IN the long run, I suppose everyone needs a hobby they can rip the government off with.

them doppler doflickys work pretty good huh?

now

Hiawassee, GA

#31415 Nov 14, 2013
stelio kontos wrote:
Forum Notice says this...Forum Notice says that. All hail the forum person for knowing everything while others know nothing. Better yet, all hail the forum notice person for being the very person who was probably banished from the planet stupid, and cast upon us to enlighten the world with insults and putdowns. We bow down to people like you, oh wise moronotard, for being the leader of the masses with an IQ of 2 (being generous).

that would be the Butt posting when he gets his azz handed to him on a skewer prong....

Warrenton, VA

#31416 Nov 14, 2013
now wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the central truth to a libroid, but which came first, "clueless, foolish, uneducated, or all 3 at once?"
I put my bet on "it's inherited in their DNA, as guest says morals are." course guest only spews forth what he has read somewhere and thinks DNA stands for "Democratic National Association," when it really means "Dummies Not Allowed" to have a simple understanding of the world around them...
Actually, and I'm only responding for clarifications sake, what I said is that DNA is partially,(you do understand partially do you not? maybe not) where our morals come from. Now you can carry on misconstruing whatever you wish.
stelio kontos

Columbus, GA

#31418 Nov 14, 2013
now wrote:
<quoted text>
them doppler doflickys work pretty good huh?
Even more cool is nexrad, and the little gadgets I get to play with to monitor velocity of wind speeds and diameter of rain.
now

Hiawassee, GA

#31419 Nov 14, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, and I'm only responding for clarifications sake, what I said is that DNA is partially,(you do understand partially do you not? maybe not) where our morals come from. Now you can carry on misconstruing whatever you wish.

Which opens the question, how can DNA be only partial???

or is this just another one of your libroid word trick games to get around being specific....
But my guess is you are so ignorant about the subject that you think a lot of BS can cover up your ignorance...

now

Hiawassee, GA

#31420 Nov 14, 2013
stelio kontos wrote:
<quoted text>
Even more cool is nexrad, and the little gadgets I get to play with to monitor velocity of wind speeds and diameter of rain.

so do yall do comparisons between size of raindrops to come up with predictions in rainfall inches...

ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#31421 Nov 14, 2013
The last two pages of posts represent a monumental leap forward in this thread.

Several individuals have proven that they really are working with way below average intelligence and education.

There's nothing I could type that would insult them as much as their own posts have in the last couple of pages.

There's no longer any debate that some of these folks are "just too stupid to talk to."
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

#31422 Nov 14, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
The last two pages of posts represent a monumental leap forward in this thread.
Several individuals have proven that they really are working with way below average intelligence and education.
There's nothing I could type that would insult them as much as their own posts have in the last couple of pages.
There's no longer any debate that some of these folks are "just too stupid to talk to."
It seems that the teacher at the mental retardation class must allow the students to get on Topix...
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

#31423 Nov 14, 2013
Wait, I'll take that back... Mentally retorted kids are likely much smarter than a few of the posters here... my apologies to them.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#31424 Nov 14, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:

Oh, the irony of these portions of the post, by this poster.

That being said, "There's nothing I could type that would insult them" says a lot, too...
waiting on crown fix

Atlanta, GA

#31425 Nov 14, 2013
I am in my dentist's office awaiting a crown repair. After reading some of the stuff here I don't think I need novacane or gas you dumb turds have put me to sleep.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#31426 Nov 14, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the irony of these portions of the post, by this poster.
That being said, "There's nothing I could type that would insult them" says a lot, too...
Bill, do you have something you want to talk about?

Didn't think so. You never do.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#31427 Nov 14, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>

Yep, it says you're intellectually dishonest and without character. You've taken a partial quote, chopped it off mid-sentence, and tried to apply a different meaning to what was said.

As boring, pig-headed, and disgustingly wrong as you consistently are, I still believe you have the intellectual capacity to realize that we can recognize basic truths in the physical world around us, and from there make accurate predictions of future events based on knowledge. That's science, and I don't believe that you completely reject it.

If nothing else, I'm sure you have faith in the predictability of mathematics to yield consistent results when properly utilized.

As we've discovered, many of your "conservative" cohorts simply don't get the concept at even the very most rudimentary level.

Location hidden

#31428 Nov 14, 2013
waiting on crown fix wrote:
I am in my dentist's office awaiting a crown repair. After reading some of the stuff here I don't think I need novacane or gas you dumb turds have put me to sleep.
Ask him or her if you can keep your dentist like "you can keep your doctor"...

Location hidden

#31429 Nov 14, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, do you have something you want to talk about?
Didn't think so. You never do.
Already asked and answered several pages ago.

To reiterate: Not with you. Been there, done that. Not worth the time or effort.

Thanks for asking, though...

Location hidden

#31430 Nov 14, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
As boring, pig-headed, and disgustingly wrong as you consistently are,...
And the irony continues...
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#31431 Nov 14, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Already asked and answered several pages ago.
To reiterate: Not with you. Been there, done that. Not worth the time or effort.
Thanks for asking, though...
Fine by me if you want to stick to sharp-shooting from the bushes. We all see that for what it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are you voting for BRMEMC board? 4 hr eclipse 14
wreck on murphy hwy 10 hr concerned 1
Eclipse Hype 12 hr Pissed off 2
Union County teacher arrested 16 hr Betty 37
Union General ER Doc sentenced to 4 yrs 19 hr MMA FIGHTER 5
Cable service at BRMEMC 20 hr Metermaid 10
Still proud of your President? Sat Tackless 174

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance