Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#30824 Nov 11, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>

But - if the guns were illegally obtained through theft, then my comments towards legal gun owners is NOT unfounded. Those gun owners are responsible for the supply of illegal weapons through careless storage and handling.
Ok, so by that reasoning, when a 60" TV gets stolen from a home, it is the homeowner who is responsible for the theft, and the criminal behavior that follows?
now

Dahlonega, GA

#30825 Nov 11, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
I'm going to share my impressions of who I think our "special" poster friend from Commerce, GA is.
1. May or may not be a male. Probably is though.
2. Older than mid-60's.
3. Lives alone.
4. Home is in a fairly rural area, possibly even on a dirt road.
5. Takes more than 5 medications a day.
6. Has not worked in a long time. Rarely leaves the house.
7. Lives off of social security entirely. Maybe SNAP.
8. Has kids who visit out of a sense of obligation maybe only 1 or 2 times a year. They live 3 houses down.
9. Still has a CRT television, and it's on all the time, but always has Fox News on or Matlock. Sometimes the Golden Girls.
10. Has an old crappy revolver in the night-stand drawer, which is funny because it hasn't been fired in 25 years, and he can't see a target anyway.
11. Looks forward to his next doctors visit because it's the only thing that gets him out of the house.
12. In his younger years, he never had a job that made more than 30k a year.
13. Walks with a limp.
14. Gets groceries from Wal-Mart. Mostly Dinty Moore Beef Stew and BigFat Buttermilk Biscuits and prunes.
15. Still makes coffee in a percolator.
16. Never gave more than a $1.00 to the church collection plate, and hated doing that. Hasn't been to one in 45 years because of that.
17. Probably doesn't have a high-school diploma, but if he does, he was mostly a C and D student.
18. No further education.
19. Has been arrested at least once.
20. If he has a car, it hasn't run since '98.
21. Talks politics on forums, but hasn't voted since Bush Sr.
22. Talks to himself all day long.
23. Eats bacon at least 3 times a week.
24. Wears the same sweater all winter long. It came from a JC Penny Catalog when bell-bottems were still in style. Yes, he stared at the bra section before ordering the sweater.
I might not be 100% correct on this, but I'd bet I nailed a few of them.

so you're the midnight prowler who's been getting into my trash can looking for left over spam crumbs...
yep, thought so.
If you had looked closer, you would have found some truths there, but alas, even truths slapped up side of your head fall by the wayside..
BTW..the spam was tainted with poison, no need of a gun to settle my problems....

now

Dahlonega, GA

#30826 Nov 11, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he lives next to me up in the woods. I can smell him every time the wind blows the wrong way. I warn my kids to never, ever go near the place, but sometimes they throw rocks at his tin roof.
lookee lookee, the echo chamber without a brain is clambering today....

The attaboy who follows a chicken butt around because he believes him to be his Siamese twin separated at birth and discarded...

now

Dahlonega, GA

#30827 Nov 11, 2013
Forum Notice wrote:
<quoted text>
Forum Notice:
Please be advised that your post is being ignored.
You should in no way infer anything from this except that you're an annoying and stupid old coot that wastes peoples time.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause to your constant need for attention. Sorry, Lonely Hermit Living in the Woods.

well heck, if I was proven wrong on a daily basis, I would ignore you also. As is, I'm safe around you unless you somehow miraculously learn to discern between fiction and reality...
now

Dahlonega, GA

#30828 Nov 11, 2013
daily news reports.....

The charts tell the story in picture form.....

"10 Facts About The Growing Unemployment Crisis In America That Will Blow Your Mind"

http://www.blacklistednews.com/10_Facts_About...

now

Dahlonega, GA

#30830 Nov 11, 2013

CNN double downing on dependence of libroids to boost ratings....

"CNN Blames Christians for Obamacare Problems"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...

I hear mega-churches are being started by non-believers. Yep, the main sermon is about "there is not God."

Some even use snakes in their worship service, knowing full well that libroids are attracted to snakes like Obama....

I wonder if they will hang Obama on a wooden peg or just keep him in the closet....

now

Dahlonega, GA

#30832 Nov 11, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the irony in the irony...

I see you are from Young Harris, home of Blue Ridge EMC, Young Harris College and Zell Miller(former Governor.)

I had a report done once on Georgia’s EMC’s and came away scratching my head wondering how EMC’s can get away with scamming their customers with prices higher than private Electric Companies like Georgia Power, until I got the report that EMC’s do not fall under the Georgia Public Utility Commission.

I see ex-politico Cathy Cox is President of Young Harris College. Wasn’t she the one who ran for Governor? And whose campaign changed the wikipedia info on her opponent Taylor in order to smear him. Sounds like typical politics, wonder if she runs the college the same way…

By any chance you wouldn’t be ole senile Zell would you? The man who took over the numbers racket from private enterprise and turned it into a billion dollar industry for State gubmint.
Sorta like North Carolina gubmint owns the ABC liquor stores and lose money on them.

When gubmint puts their mind to something, it’s usually a losing proposition…..either through losing money or the corruption of the people’s morals.
Gubmint is good at corrupting morals, just follow the Supremes for the last 50 years and see the gradual libroid decline.

Folks tell me they can hear your echos all over the valley up there, sorta like a panther screaming, a real high curling sound. I also hear there is a bounty on the one making all that racket…maybe I could send some of these coon hunters from around Toccoa up that way and put a stop to all that screaming and howling.

A side not to OMTE if you are reading. If the gubmint can get big dollars from making grass legal, it will become legal….

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#30833 Nov 11, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
I'm going to share my impressions of who I think our "special" poster friend from Commerce, GA is.
2. Older than mid-60's.
3. Lives alone.
8. Has kids who visit out of a sense of obligation maybe only 1 or 2 times a year. They live 3 houses down.
9. Still has a CRT television, and it's on all the time, but always has Fox News on or Matlock. Sometimes the Golden Girls.
10. Has an old crappy revolver in the night-stand drawer, which is funny because it hasn't been fired in 25 years, and he can't see a target anyway.
11. Looks forward to his next doctors visit because it's the only thing that gets him out of the house.
13. Walks with a limp.
14. Gets groceries from Wal-Mart. Mostly Dinty Moore Beef Stew and BigFat Buttermilk Biscuits and prunes.
16. Never gave more than a $1.00 to the church collection plate, and hated doing that. Hasn't been to one in 45 years because of that.
17. Probably doesn't have a high-school diploma, but if he does, he was mostly a C and D student.
24. Wears the same sweater all winter long. It came from a JC Penny Catalog when bell-bottems were still in style. Yes, he stared at the bra section before ordering the sweater.
It would be funny if some 1 did this of u, they'd be more accurate. Y don't U do U? NO 1 else will.

Location hidden

#30834 Nov 11, 2013
Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he lives next to me up in the woods. I can smell him every time the wind blows the wrong way. I warn my kids to never, ever go near the place, but sometimes they throw rocks at his tin roof.
U have kids?
Laughing at U

Blairsville, GA

#30835 Nov 11, 2013
now wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are from Young Harris, home of Blue Ridge EMC, Young Harris College and Zell Miller(former Governor.)
I had a report done once on Georgia’s EMC’s and came away scratching my head wondering how EMC’s can get away with scamming their customers with prices higher than private Electric Companies like Georgia Power, until I got the report that EMC’s do not fall under the Georgia Public Utility Commission.
I see ex-politico Cathy Cox is President of Young Harris College. Wasn’t she the one who ran for Governor? And whose campaign changed the wikipedia info on her opponent Taylor in order to smear him. Sounds like typical politics, wonder if she runs the college the same way…
By any chance you wouldn’t be ole senile Zell would you? The man who took over the numbers racket from private enterprise and turned it into a billion dollar industry for State gubmint.
Sorta like North Carolina gubmint owns the ABC liquor stores and lose money on them.
When gubmint puts their mind to something, it’s usually a losing proposition…..either through losing money or the corruption of the people’s morals.
Gubmint is good at corrupting morals, just follow the Supremes for the last 50 years and see the gradual libroid decline.
Folks tell me they can hear your echos all over the valley up there, sorta like a panther screaming, a real high curling sound. I also hear there is a bounty on the one making all that racket…maybe I could send some of these coon hunters from around Toccoa up that way and put a stop to all that screaming and howling.
A side not to OMTE if you are reading. If the gubmint can get big dollars from making grass legal, it will become legal….
Well no, I'm not old Zig Zag Zell. But at least you managed to put together a post that was reasonably humorous, somewhat thought out and showed that you can at least string together more than one or two coherent sentences...

At least that's what I thought, until I realized it's Veteran's Day and school is out. That means the person who wrote this is you're third-grade grandkid who is out of school for the holiday. I guess you had to give him some candy for that, right? Wait, I'd rather not know.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#30836 Nov 11, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
2. Older than mid-60's.
3. Lives alone.
13. Walks with a limp.
What's really sad about this post is that someone actually took the time to type all this out. Of course, it could have been "cut and paste", but probably not.

BTW, likely more than 1/2 of the comments fit the poster, too.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#30837 Nov 11, 2013
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
U have kids?
Well, it has been said that there's someone for everyone (no I don't have a link)...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#30838 Nov 11, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Nope, all we do know is that costs are going up in both premiums and deductibles and people who had insurance and were happy with it are losing it in droves. All the predictions that those of us who were against it from the get go are coming true, but too many people refuse to pull their heads out of the ground and admit that it is an unmitigated disaster. And that doesn't even broach the subject of the caliber of people they have manning it who have access to all the personal information necessary to make people's lives living hells through identify theft. It just keeps getting worse and worse. But the narcissist in chief just will not admit he lied about the ramifications.
The sky is falling !!!
The sky is falling !!!
The sky is falling !!!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#30839 Nov 11, 2013
now wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
well heck, if I was proven wrong on a daily basis, I would ignore you also. As is, I'm safe around you unless you somehow miraculously learn to discern between fiction and reality...
Well heck Bozo,
You are proven wrong on a daily basis,
you cannot discern fiction from reality,
or truth from lies.

You are basically ignored,
except for your entertainment value.
the real truth

Dawsonville, GA

#30841 Nov 11, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The real truth is that had the government done nothing from the beginning the recovery would have started much quicker, been healthier and would have cost the taxpayer far less.
That is a fact. The same fact that proves that government intervention ie, the New Deal, prolonged the great depression.
Ignorant ideologues like yourself can't handle facts so go back to sleep and let the grownups fix the problem.
Fact is the banking industry would have failed, we would have had runs on banks as people tried in vain to get out their money. The auto industry in this country would have failed, costing billions of dollars and putting many thousands of out work with the long term result of all of us driving imports. Many more people would have lost their homes if the feds had not put in place programs to help them.

You talk about your facts, they are not facts, its what you would like to believe to be true because of your hate of paying taxes and government regulations someone told you hurt business. Things that benefit you in so many ways I don't have the room or the time or the patience with you to list.

Facts is you are so out of touch with reality it's alarming. Add to that the obvious fact that you are an idiot at best I somehow feel sorry for you. Being a grownup is a product of aging and has nothing to do with intellect or your abilities to accomplish anything. You are proof of that fact and that's the real truth.
the real truth

Dawsonville, GA

#30842 Nov 11, 2013
now wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up dummy, and smell the stench of your own post. The only real way guns can be eliminated from crime is to outlaw all guns. Everyone knows this, even morons like you.
Drugs are outlawed and look at the drug use. Murder is outlawed and look at the murder rate. robbery is outlawed and look at all the robberies...
Only dreamers and fools believe gun license, or safety locks, or locking up guns in a vault will prevent gun crimes.
The only solution is eliminate all guns everywhere. Not gonna happen because americans love their guns.
why dont you pick an argument with a solution, or one where you stand a 50-50 chance of winning, so far you keep losing...
Off the topic but I though you might like this judging from what I perceive to be the kind of human you are. The part about not bashing believers is for you. You might reconsider bashing since the people you bash obviously have more morals than you.

Hundreds of atheists have been drawn to Sunday Assembly gatherings as a way to meet likeminded people in a landscape dominated by faith.

They don't bash believers but want to find a new way to meet likeminded people, engage in the community and make their presence more visible in a landscape dominated by faith.

http://news.msn.com/us/atheist-mega-churches-...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#30843 Nov 11, 2013
A little sumthin' for everyone...
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/...
stelio kontos

Columbus, GA

#30844 Nov 11, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
2. Older than mid-60's.
3. Lives alone.
13. Walks with a limp.
I'm gonna guess that you never served in the military. Are afraid to go out at night for fear of the bad guys getting you, and wouldn't hold a candle when faced in person with a debate over the best brand of toilet paper.

Location hidden

#30845 Nov 11, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a problem at all with private ownership of guns.
I DO have a problem with elementary school kids being shot, and high-school kids being shot, and college students being shot, and people ice-skating being shot, and congresswomen being shot.
I do have a problem with Tea Party congresswomen leaving their AR-15's sitting in an opened garage unattended. I have a problem with 18-year old babysitters taking a nap leaving a weapon on the coffee table while a 4-year old plays Russian Roulette with it.
I promote the idea of RESPONSIBLE gun ownership. Seriously responsible gun ownership.
Why do YOU feel the need to go to extremes? I think we should hold weapon-owners to a higher degree of safety and storage standards than we do now.
Why does that mean I hate gun owners?
You idiots are too much. You really are all about being enraged after hearing Rush and Glen Beck and other crap, rather than being intelligent reasonable citizens looking for responsible solutions to very real-word problems. You really are a huge part of the very problems you rave on about.
Why do YOU feel the need to go to extremes? The incidents above illustrate the actions of a few irresponsible or irrational individuals. And yet you wish to paint all responsible gun owners as unreasonable if they do not wish to have their Constitutionally protected rights infringed upon BECAUSE of the actions of the VERY small minority of irresponsible gun owners - and it bears repeating that the majority of gun related crimes are committed by NON-legal gun possessors.

It has already been addressed, but what about all the myriad of other ways in which people can be hurt by the irresponsible use of other items. Should ALL cars have breathalyzers installed that must be used before a car can be started because of the (actually larger) number of idiots who go out partying and then get behind the wheel of their vehicle - that would save more lives than any gun restrictions the Left wishes to enact.(2010 - 10,228 DUI related deaths, 9,369 gun related homicides)

What about the irresponsible people who leave medications out where children could get them. Should everyone be required to have a safe in which they keep all medications - including aspirin?(don't want to take the chance of Reyes Syndrome). That is one of the latest crazes amongst irresponsible teenagers - Pharm Parties -everyone raids their parents medicine cabinet and they throw the pills into a big bowl and just grab a handful - IDIOTS.

Why are guns the target (no pun intended)?
And just how responsible was it to tell gun store owners who called about concerns over gun purchases near the border to go ahead and sell the guns? And then made NO EFFORT to track the guns, nor did they inform the Mexican govt (unlike the Bush administration with Wide Receiver). THAT if just what Fast and Furious did and yet somehow Obama and Holder are NOT held responsible by the Left - do you even see the hypocrisy?

Location hidden

#30846 Nov 11, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
John Wayne once famously said "I didn't vote for him, but he's my President and I hope he does a good job."
Rush Limbaugh once famously said "I hope he fails."
----------

I thought private enterprise always did a better job! That's what you always hear from republicans. Maybe if these for-profit private enterprise guys are so monumentally screwed-up, it should open the door to the conversation of why we would even consider letting them oversee our nations healthcare.
----------
In the long-term, once the problems are ironed out, ObamaCare will work just fine, just as social security did, and medicaid and other programs. It's a small-minded person that doesn't understand the size and scope of what's being accomplished here, and why it's being attempted.
And it was obvious what Rush meant and I was in complete agreement. "I hope he fails." does NOT mean what the Left tries to say it means - "I hope the country fails.", No, it means "I hope Obama fails in 'fundamentally transforming' this country into something the Founders or even our own grandparents would recognize."

It means I hope Obama fails:
in destroying the coal industry
in destroying our health care system
in further destroying people's sense of self respect and initiative
in eventually implementing single payer health care
in further limiting our home grown oil and gas resources
in crippling our industry with ludicrous carbon emission standards set by bureaucrats with no knowledge of the industries they are regulating

As far as the private enterprise responsibility of the Obamacare mess up - maybe if the Obama administration had put out guidelines of what they wanted and talked to different companies about how best to implement it, it might have worked. But instead they handed it on a silver platter (no open competitive bidding here) to Michelle Obama cronies and Obama bundlers - yeah, love that transparency and fiscal responsibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 5 hr Advocate4Clean 202
John F Kennedy 6 hr ivy log leonard 1
Remove Benny Erwin as Coroner 9 hr Ballerina1309 49
boycott mike's seafood till he takes orders at ... (Mar '11) Sat Good grub 251
Sheriff Race Sat jimbo 2 23
Union Hospital Authority Board should resign Sat No Cook 117
3-1 Mason over Wood Sat Inquiring minds 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages