stelio kontos

Columbus, GA

#29753 Nov 2, 2013
I;m sorry Synergy. You are just a dolt. Your lack of intelligence confuses me.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#29754 Nov 3, 2013
stelio kontos wrote:
I;m sorry Synergy. You are just a dolt. Your lack of intelligence confuses me.
I think she's been into the wine coolers tonight or something. It's like she hasn't even read the posts she's responding to.
whom

Cleveland, GA

#29755 Nov 3, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Oddly enough, the states with the toughest gun laws statistically have the lowest rates of gun deaths. There's a very direct correlation.

Correlation in the mind of make believe.....

Like all statistics, it’s according to who does the rankings..one has to remember Statisticians are a lot like Economists, only as good as the numbers they work with, and the less built-in bias they live with….
Sorta like here on topix…
Now if this link is used, it is slightly different than the Brady numbers below, having 7 of the top 10 states listed as the most violent…http://www.statemaster .com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-dea th-rate-per-100-000
And let’s not forget, The nation's capital is also the capital of gun deaths, with the strictest gun laws in the country. There were 31.2 firearm-related deaths per 100,000 people in Washington, D.C., according to the link above…

And according to the Brady list below and the link above, only 3 of the most deadly States also have the most lenient gun laws, Louisiana, Alaska, and Arizona….which negates any argument to the contrary…

So as usual your argument is null and void, which is normal for a liberal…..

States with the highest gun violence per the Brady campaign score…
http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1469/1/10-Geor...
#1 - Louisiana
#2 - Alaska
#3 - Alabama
#4 - Arizona
#5 - Mississippi
#6 - South Carolina
#7 - New Mexico
#8 - Missouri
#9 - Arkansas
#10 - Georgia

States with most lenient gun laws….Per the Brady campaign score…
http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1429/0/10-stat...

#1 Utah
#2 Alaska
#3 Arizona
#4 Oklahoma
#5 North Dakota
#6 Montana
#7 Louisiana
#8 Kentucky
#9 Idaho
#10 Wisconsin

States with strictest gun laws per the Brady campaign score…
#1 California City of Oakland # 4 in gun deaths per 100,000 population.
# 2 New Jersey
# 3 Massachusetts
# 4 New York
#5 Connecticut
#6 Hawaii
#7 Maryland
#8 Rhode Island
#9 Illinois Chicago # 9 in gun deaths.
#10 Pennsylvania Philadelphia # 7 in gun deaths.

Most common sense people know the gun deaths occur mostly in the large metropolitan cities, in order words, where the most pressure of living seems to be…..and those cities have been controlled by democrats for the most part for the last 50 years…
Top ten Cities from gun deaths according to this website…
http://www.takepart.com/photos/gun-homicides/...

# 1 Detroit, Michigan Controlled by Democrats
# 2 Baltimore, Maryland Controlled by Democrats
# 3 New Orleans, Louisiana Controlled by Democrats
# 4 Oakland, California Controlled by Democrats
# 5 Memphis, Tennessee No reference but most likely Democrat.
# 6 Cleveland, Ohio Controlled by Democrats
# 7 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Controlled by Democrats
# 8 Kansas City, Missouri Controlled by Democrats, Independent last 3 years
# 9 Chicago, Illinois Controlled by Democrats
# 10 Milwaukee, Wisconsin Controlled by Democrats

whom

Cleveland, GA

#29756 Nov 3, 2013
This link from above http://www.st atemaster .com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-dea th-rate-per-100-000

should be....

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_...

whom

Cleveland, GA

#29757 Nov 3, 2013

Those crazy Iranians.....

"Iran's Revolutionary Guards committed to 'Death to America'"

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-444...

Those crazy Americans....

"Panetta: US may have to use military force against Iran."

http://www.jpost.com/Iranian-Threat/News/Pane...

And thumb twiddling Obama....looking for a way to avoid and delay a conflict at all costs....

"Congress vs. Obama on Iran
Hardliners in the Washington, including prominent congressional Democrats, are hard at work attempting to scuttle a nuclear deal between the United States and Iran."

https://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/10/31-...

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#29758 Nov 3, 2013
one too many wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know Dave- but it just seems to me that folks who live in the greatest country in the world during the 21st century should not have to walk around armed to the teeth.
Tell that to the criminals.
whom

Cleveland, GA

#29759 Nov 3, 2013

Maybe it can happen, maybe it can't....freedom depends on it happening...

"Judge weighing spy program shutdown"

http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/judge-weighing-spy...

whom

Cleveland, GA

#29760 Nov 3, 2013

Kerry, Obama, and libroids would sell their soul to appease the U.N.,,,,,,

"WASHINGTON – As the United Nations seeks to push its global anti-gun campaign – through a treaty U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry just signed – the chief of the International Criminal Police Organization, or Interpol, believes open societies can be protected from terrorists by citizens defending themselves with guns, according to a report from Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.

The U.N. effort in the U.S. is expected to be dead on arrival at the U.S. Senate, which would have to ratify the treaty. The United States for years has refrained from signing it, until now."

http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/interpol-chief-cit...

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29761 Nov 3, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should she be punished? According to the article, it was her husband's gun.
Community Property, chain of culpability, who left the gun readily accessible? Investigate the situation, her gun, his gun? "Their" house? There was a clear lack of reasonable and prudent action regarding the location of this weapon, and who was in control of it. Responsible firearms owners do not do such things. Responsible firearms owners are in control of their weapons at all times. While the thief had no right to invade their property, no responsible gun owner wants their weapons stolen and/or used in criminal acts.

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29762 Nov 3, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you on this. PUNISH THE NEGLIGENCE, but not "allowing" law abiding citizens own whichever guns they want to own is just more government control.
Who said anything about what kind of gun anyone can own. PUNISH THE NEGLIGENCE, and if the court delivers a guilty verdict, law abiding citizen does not apply further, at least for the length of time as decided upon by the court.

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29763 Nov 3, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't ask me, but I'll answer. The war on drugs is a DISMAL failure. A lot of money spent, but at least this country tried. Hopeless. Worse now than ever.
Legalize pot. Collect the taxes.
This country did not try, else this country would have won.

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29764 Nov 3, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never suggested they haven't. I've never suggested that citizens shouldn't have guns. Don't go putting words into my mouth.
What I will say is that a lot of people take their responsibility as gun owners way less seriously than they thought, and that it is extremely easy for people who shouldn't have guns to get them.
Oddly enough, the states with the toughest gun laws statistically have the lowest rates of gun deaths. There's a very direct correlation.
But again - quit going all nuclear and assigning positions to me that I've never taken. Take a deep breath and actually read what is written.
Statewide, maybe so, but the biggest problem is in the large metropolitan areas, Chicago has very tough laws, and is a leading gun violence city.

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29765 Nov 3, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't ask me, but I'll answer. The war on drugs is a DISMAL failure. A lot of money spent, but at least this country tried. Hopeless. Worse now than ever.
Legalize pot. Collect the taxes.
That's the same logic as passing more strict gun laws, gun violence increases, but at least we tried.

United States

#29766 Nov 3, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
This country did not try, else this country would have won.
Do you advocate a return to prohibition of alcohol albeit in a more stringent approach (in other words to just "try" harder)?

Do you support the government having more control of how folks behave (read: consuming various substances that have been arbitrarily selected by certain people, based on their individual or collective sense of morality, in the privacy of their home or in private establishments).

Why is it important for the country to "try" harder to keep drugs and/or alcohol illegal?

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29767 Nov 3, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you advocate a return to prohibition of alcohol albeit in a more stringent approach (in other words to just "try" harder)?
Do you support the government having more control of how folks behave (read: consuming various substances that have been arbitrarily selected by certain people, based on their individual or collective sense of morality, in the privacy of their home or in private establishments).
Why is it important for the country to "try" harder to keep drugs and/or alcohol illegal?
I advocate that the laws be followed, and enforced. If you don't like the laws, either work to change them, or move. The "home privacy" thing, takes a back seat to the law.

United States

#29768 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I advocate that the laws be followed, and enforced. If you don't like the laws, either work to change them, or move. The "home privacy" thing, takes a back seat to the law.
Well duh, the whole point of the discussion is wether the laws should be changed. You've said nothing really. Following the laws is not the same as "try[ing]" harder to enforce them.

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29769 Nov 3, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well duh, the whole point of the discussion is wether the laws should be changed. You've said nothing really. Following the laws is not the same as "try[ing]" harder to enforce them.
Well duh, just trying to be nice in regards to your baiting questions.
truth be told

Dahlonega, GA

#29770 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>
The REASON for all the deaths is human behavior, nothing more, nothing less.
You are in some ways correct. The behavior of people like you puts so many guns on the streets people with mental problems have no problem getting them. Can't take all the nuts off the streets, don't know who they are. But we can make it one hell of a lot harder for nuts to get guns. Our first problem is getting the nuts that think guns don't contribute to mass murders to wake the hell up.

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29771 Nov 3, 2013
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in some ways correct. The behavior of people like you puts so many guns on the streets people with mental problems have no problem getting them. Can't take all the nuts off the streets, don't know who they are. But we can make it one hell of a lot harder for nuts to get guns. Our first problem is getting the nuts that think guns don't contribute to mass murders to wake the hell up.
I am, in all ways, correct with my statement. The behavior of people like you that keeps putting criminals back on the streets is of much larger concern than that of those with mental issues.
OMTE

Ashburn, GA

#29772 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>
This is by far, your worst post ever!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roads Need Repaving 39 min For Repaving I guess 5
Time To Clean Up Union County 1 hr sick of more taxes 331
BRMEMC minutes of Board Meeting 1 hr local 16
Gay Marriage 3 hr The Mountains Noise 60
Towns County Sheriff 7 hr Gsa 3
Obamacare: Good or Bad ? Thu Union County Resi... 5
Floridiots at war with Churches ! Thu Timmy_ 57

Freeze Warning for Union County was issued at March 28 at 11:24AM EDT

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match