Comments
2,001 - 2,020 of 50,006 Comments Last updated 53 min ago

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2152
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they do pay more in terms of dollars, but less in terms of percentages - because the top level owns some 80% of the wealth.
How about the same percentage of taxation, for every entity?
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2153
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the same percentage of taxation, for every entity?
YES!
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2154
Jan 16, 2013
 
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>anyway,kinfolk said,jeb,move away from there.....oh,wrong jeb..that was jeb clampett.you were asking about jeb stuart at gettysburg.well,it's true jeb was 'awol' at that battle,but as gen. ewell said after the war,"there were enough mistakes made at that battle to go around,and God knows that i made more than my share"(more or less a quote).and he was right.a.p.hill,stuart,ewell and even lonstreet(lee's 'old warhorse')all let gen.lee down.even lee did'nt seem to have brought his'a' game.it was almost like a 'perfect storm' of errors,misjudgements,misunders tandings,etc.or,who knows,maybe just a little 'devine intervention'.on one final thought,some historians/physicians have suggested that gen. lee suffered a mild heart attack on the eve of the battle,and there is some evidence to support this.
please excuse 'divine' and other misspellings.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2155
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they do pay more in terms of dollars, but less in terms of percentages - because the top level owns some 80% of the wealth.
They pay the same tax rates on the same type of income as do all taxpayers.

Less in terms of percentages? LMAO, when about half the country doesn't pay ANY federal income tax.

Your wealth envy and lack of knowledge is showing again...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2156
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

how'd I do Bill of Douglasville?
Called Out

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2157
Jan 16, 2013
 
Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!
Fairtax.org
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2158
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
They pay the same tax rates on the same type of income as do all taxpayers.
Less in terms of percentages? LMAO, when about half the country doesn't pay ANY federal income tax.
Your wealth envy and lack of knowledge is showing again...
Technically correct, EXCEPT withholding tax is levied against the first $117,000 of gross EARNED - operative word - income and that tax ALONE accounts for 32% of everything the government takes in. If your income comes from stock dividends, annuities, tax shelters, off-shore accounts (assuming they're reported), etc. then you don't have to pay anything on withholding.

So, even the 47% pay through the nose so the super-rich don't have to.

Bet you don't like that math lesson. ;o)
Called Out

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2159
Jan 16, 2013
 
Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically correct, EXCEPT withholding tax is levied against the first $117,000 of gross EARNED - operative word - income and that tax ALONE accounts for 32% of everything the government takes in. If your income comes from stock dividends, annuities, tax shelters, off-shore accounts (assuming they're reported), etc. then you don't have to pay anything on withholding.
So, even the 47% pay through the nose so the super-rich don't have to.
Bet you don't like that math lesson. ;o)
Are you talking about the FICA witholding?
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2160
Jan 16, 2013
 
Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>
Definately not this Republican or any others.
Even if you are a Democrat, Jeb, I am surprised by your response.
Besides, why did you leave General Lee in the dark about Federal troop positions at a critical time just before the battle at Gettysburg?
.
just one other thing,the real"Gen.Lee",was very apolitical,unlike me,stuart and some others.
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2161
Jan 16, 2013
 
Called Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the FICA witholding?
Yes. It was intended to pay for Social Security and Medicare but Congress couldn't keep their hands off it. Today, they've taken $2.73 TRILLION from the trust fund and each year dip into it to the tune of over $90 billion - and are now saying the system is about to go broke. Go figure.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2162
Jan 16, 2013
 
bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
They pay the same tax rates on the same type of income as do all taxpayers.
Less in terms of percentages? LMAO, when about half the country doesn't pay ANY federal income tax.
Your wealth envy and lack of knowledge is showing again...
wow!you repugs really just don't get it,do you.you accuse half of americans of being freeloaders and deadbeats.no wonder you're losing grounds so fast!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2163
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically correct, EXCEPT withholding tax is levied against the first $117,000 of gross EARNED - operative word - income and that tax ALONE accounts for 32% of everything the government takes in. If your income comes from stock dividends, annuities, tax shelters, off-shore accounts (assuming they're reported), etc. then you don't have to pay anything on withholding.
So, even the 47% pay through the nose so the super-rich don't have to.
Bet you don't like that math lesson. ;o)
You really need to quit typing when you don't know what you're talking about. It's really kind of funny, you're so misinformed...

I know this is a waste of time...

Withholding tax is NOT limited to $117K, I ASSUME you're talking about FICA, but the number is NOT $117K.

Withholding tax is/are taxes WITHHELD from earnings like salaries, wages, bonuses, etc. based upon the period earnings and witholding and deductions. IMAGINE THAT.

"If your income comes from stock dividends, annuities, tax shelters, off-shore accounts (assuming they're reported), etc. then you don't have to pay anything on withholding."

PARTIALLY correct, in practice, 100% WRONG. The entities making those payments are not employers, so there's no requirement for them to make payments (unless it's something like a lottery winning, in which case tax will be withheld, but there's no payroll taxes, etc.). An individual likely will make interim tax payments (Form 1040 ES) to make sure they haven't underpaid when filing their tax return. That serves the same purpose as withholding an employer processes.

Your wealth envy, as well as your lack of knowledge, is quite sad...

"BM said: "how'd I do Bill of Douglasville?"

You did well, grasshopper.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2164
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>wow!you repugs really just don't get it,do you.you accuse half of americans of being freeloaders and deadbeats.no wonder you're losing grounds so fast!
Actually, Mr. or Ms. BM is using a line (and a fact) I'm quite fond of.

Where, exactly, in what he or she said, does it say someone is accusing half of Americans to be freeloaders? I don't think the % is anywhere near that high, but it's certainly more than 0%.

BTW, since when is stating an actual fact equivalent to being accused of calling somebody something? Getting a little defensive?

Seems to me your really making a rash assumption about a fact someone posted. Can you dispute the fact? No, you can't. Change the story and accuse somebody of something? Yeah, that'll work...
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2165
Jan 16, 2013
 
Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It was intended to pay for Social Security and Medicare but Congress couldn't keep their hands off it. Today, they've taken $2.73 TRILLION from the trust fund and each year dip into it to the tune of over $90 billion - and are now saying the system is about to go broke. Go figure.
figure this,by "congress",exactly who do you refer to dems,reps,or both!
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2166
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>anyway,kinfolk said,jeb,move away from there.....oh,wrong jeb..that was jeb clampett.you were asking about jeb stuart at gettysburg.well,it's true jeb was 'awol' at that battle,but as gen. ewell said after the war,"there were enough mistakes made at that battle to go around,and God knows that i made more than my share"(more or less a quote).and he was right.a.p.hill,stuart,ewell and even lonstreet(lee's 'old warhorse')all let gen.lee down.even lee did'nt seem to have brought his'a' game.it was almost like a 'perfect storm' of errors,misjudgements,misunders tandings,etc.or,who knows,maybe just a little 'devine intervention'.on one final thought,some historians/physicians have suggested that gen. lee suffered a mild heart attack on the eve of the battle,and there is some evidence to support this.
Thanks for bringing back the memory of Elly May.

If Grannie knew what my brothers and I were thinking watching the Beverly Hillbillies, she'd of been blasting both barrels of that shotgun before asking any questions.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2167
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>They pay the same tax rates on the same type of income as do all taxpayers.

Less in terms of percentages? LMAO, when about half the country doesn't pay ANY federal income tax.

Your wealth envy and lack of knowledge is showing again...
That post is now on the running for most incorrect post of the day.

Here's just an obvious example that took 1:18 to document.

From Business Insider:

Jim Cramer just went on a great Twitter tirade about the outrageousness of the tax loophole that allows hedge-fund and private-equity managers to pay 15% "capital gains" taxes while you and I pay much-higher "ordinary income" rates.

This loophole, which some think is one reason GOP front-runner Mitt Romney is scared to release his tax returns, is absurd.

To be clear:

There is no theoretical justification for it.

None.

The fact that the loophole exists is merely a function of the enormous power the financial industry has over Washington.
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2168
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to quit typing when you don't know what you're talking about. It's really kind of funny, you're so misinformed...
I know this is a waste of time...
Withholding tax is NOT limited to $117K, I ASSUME you're talking about FICA, but the number is NOT $117K.
Withholding tax is/are taxes WITHHELD from earnings like salaries, wages, bonuses, etc. based upon the period earnings and witholding and deductions. IMAGINE THAT.
"If your income comes from stock dividends, annuities, tax shelters, off-shore accounts (assuming they're reported), etc. then you don't have to pay anything on withholding."
PARTIALLY correct, in practice, 100% WRONG. The entities making those payments are not employers, so there's no requirement for them to make payments (unless it's something like a lottery winning, in which case tax will be withheld, but there's no payroll taxes, etc.). An individual likely will make interim tax payments (Form 1040 ES) to make sure they haven't underpaid when filing their tax return. That serves the same purpose as withholding an employer processes.
Your wealth envy, as well as your lack of knowledge, is quite sad...
"BM said: "how'd I do Bill of Douglasville?"
You did well, grasshopper.
No shit, Sherlock! WAGES (FICA) is the operative word, and it's $113,700.00 - my mistake there. So sue me.

http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/payroll/tax/wagelimit...

Wealth envy? Not hardly. I'm peddling as hard as I can to get there, and I'm going to! Already, 80% of my annual income is legally sheltered. In FY 2013, that should increase to 83% simply by taking full advantage of the law.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2169
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That post is now on the running for most incorrect post of the day.
Here's just an obvious example that took 1:18 to document.
From Business Insider:
Jim Cramer just went on a great Twitter tirade about the outrageousness of the tax loophole that allows hedge-fund and private-equity managers to pay 15% "capital gains" taxes while you and I pay much-higher "ordinary income" rates.
This loophole, which some think is one reason GOP front-runner Mitt Romney is scared to release his tax returns, is absurd.
To be clear:
There is no theoretical justification for it.
None.
The fact that the loophole exists is merely a function of the enormous power the financial industry has over Washington.
another uninformed post...

It's one thing to know the facts, it's another thing to know the facts and the whole story. You only got part correct...unless you know what you're talking about, your "facts are as usueful as a $3 bill.

There is a "reason" why capital gains rate is at 15%. Do you know why and what the rationale is?

Why don't you check to see what the impact on carried interest is? Do you understand what it is and how it works?

"You and I" pay the same tax rates as other people.

Your last statement is the only one that makes sense, our tax system is absolutely ridiculous, but we all play by the same rules. Romney's capital gains rate is the same rate as mine (his taxable numbers are a helluva lot higher than mine) and yours (if you have any) and we all pay ordinary income tax rates from the same tax tables.

BTW, what exactly was incorrect about what Mr. or Ms. BM posted?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2170
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit, Sherlock! WAGES (FICA) is the operative word, and it's $113,700.00 - my mistake there. So sue me.
http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/payroll/tax/wagelimit...
Wealth envy? Not hardly. I'm peddling as hard as I can to get there, and I'm going to! Already, 80% of my annual income is legally sheltered. In FY 2013, that should increase to 83% simply by taking full advantage of the law.
Your response to BM intimated federal withholding taxes, not FICA taxes. Hence, the same tax rates via tax tables. In case you're not aware, they are different.

If you don't know what you're talking about, give it up.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2172
Jan 16, 2013
 
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Mr. or Ms. BM is using a line (and a fact) I'm quite fond of.
Where, exactly, in what he or she said, does it say someone is accusing half of Americans to be freeloaders? I don't think the % is anywhere near that high, but it's certainly more than 0%.
BTW, since when is stating an actual fact equivalent to being accused of calling somebody something? Getting a little defensive?
Seems to me your really making a rash assumption about a fact someone posted. Can you dispute the fact? No, you can't. Change the story and accuse somebody of something? Yeah, that'll work...
honestly,if i could make sense of your reply,then i would reply to it.but because i can not,i will not.it may be due to my lack of understanding of exactly how this system works,meantime,please excuse my ignorance and accept my apoligies.best wishs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
your opinion on blairsville methadone clinic (Dec '09) 8 hr Logic 148
Union County Development Authority 8 hr PTM 21
4th of July boating accident (Jul '09) 9 hr Worried 23
Would you support/shop @ Starbucks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Tue Marilyn 37
h7n9 (May '13) Tue ACOG 78
Phone scams are alive and well in Union County Tue Concerned 1
The New Liberty Clan of Murphy, NC (Dec '13) Tue akita96th 29
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blairsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blairsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••