Comments
1 - 20 of 70 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
just curious

Dawsonville, GA

#1 Oct 17, 2012
why do they not take any animal over 5-6 years old, animals with medical conditions, pit bulls, rotts, chows, etc.....why are they being funded by towns and union county?? there is only one other shelter in union county, castaway critters pet rescue, that takes in most of the animals that MSHS turns away, why doesn't CCPR get funding just like MSHS.....it sseems sort of convulated, 1 shelter that gets money, 1 shelter that gets zero, yet the shelter that gets the money only takes the cream of the crop, so to speak, of dogs and cats
why, commissioner, is that the case, shouldn't CCPR be receiving the same amount of money that MSHS gets from Union and Towns County????
gagirl

Commerce, GA

#2 Oct 17, 2012
and look what the shelter changes to adopt an animal.
A Voter

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Oct 17, 2012
just curious wrote:
why do they not take any animal over 5-6 years old, animals with medical conditions, pit bulls, rotts, chows, etc.....why are they being funded by towns and union county?? there is only one other shelter in union county, castaway critters pet rescue, that takes in most of the animals that MSHS turns away, why doesn't CCPR get funding just like MSHS.....it sseems sort of convulated, 1 shelter that gets money, 1 shelter that gets zero, yet the shelter that gets the money only takes the cream of the crop, so to speak, of dogs and cats
why, commissioner, is that the case, shouldn't CCPR be receiving the same amount of money that MSHS gets from Union and Towns County????
All great questions. Except for one thing... Every time you ask about how the county works with the humane society mountain shelter you get ripped a new one. Apparently we are not to question illegal local government activities that are clearly against Georgia laws.
Desperate Misfits

Commerce, GA

#5 Oct 18, 2012
Why don't you contact Shannon who runs Castaway Critters and ask her.
Contact the manager of the shelter.

Do you realize Mountain Shelter is not all funded by Union County?

More desperate attempts by the Misfits to get Rich elected.

Won't work, peeps.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 Oct 18, 2012
Desperate Misfits wrote:
Why don't you contact Shannon who runs Castaway Critters and ask her.
Contact the manager of the shelter.
Do you realize Mountain Shelter is not all funded by Union County?
More desperate attempts by the Misfits to get Rich elected.
Won't work, peeps.
Only desperate people are the incumbents. The county was going to have it's own animal control facility and the Human Society pitched a fit because they wanted to get the funds. Now they charge unreasonable fees and give no service to the community what so ever. Charles Rich will win. Look at what he's running against. Only people that would vote for Paris are self centered butt holes.
Troll Man

Murphy, NC

#7 Oct 18, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>Only desperate people are the incumbents. The county was going to have it's own animal control facility and the Human Society pitched a fit because they wanted to get the funds. Now they charge unreasonable fees and give no service to the community what so ever. Charles Rich will win. Look at what he's running against. Only people that would vote for Paris are self centered butt holes.
Man, you just don't have a clue do you? Or do you just like to lie?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 Oct 18, 2012
Troll Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you just don't have a clue do you? Or do you just like to lie?
You continue to show your ignorance. It is no wonder you couldn't make it in the newspaper business. Harold was building kennels at the landfill and the Humane Society went to Atlanta to stop him because he had not obtained a licenses. If it had been Paris he would have built it anyway but Harold being a nice guy abandoned the project. You really need to close your trap every now and then and quit showing your ignorance.
Troll Man

Murphy, NC

#9 Oct 18, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>You continue to show your ignorance. It is no wonder you couldn't make it in the newspaper business. Harold was building kennels at the landfill and the Humane Society went to Atlanta to stop him because he had not obtained a licenses. If it had been Paris he would have built it anyway but Harold being a nice guy abandoned the project. You really need to close your trap every now and then and quit showing your ignorance.
I don't know or care what Harold did, I worked out of town at the time. However, you are flat out lying when you say that the Humane Society "charge unreasonable fees and give no service to the community what so ever."

You're showing your desperation, Reb. Hate Lamar Paris all you want, it doesn't bother me.(I myself have not even decided whether I'll vote for him.)

But leave the Humane Society out of your little bitter fits of anger. The volunteers there do more for this are than you or the other little band of Misfits have - or ever will - do.
just curious

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Oct 18, 2012
Desperate Misfits wrote:
Why don't you contact Shannon who runs Castaway Critters and ask her.
Contact the manager of the shelter.
Do you realize Mountain Shelter is not all funded by Union County?
More desperate attempts by the Misfits to get Rich elected.
Won't work, peeps.
of course i know MSHS is not TOTALLY funded by Union County and lets not forget Towns county also.......none of my issues have been addressed......why does MSHS get the $ from both counties and CCPR gets Zip, Zero, Zilch, but takes in the animals that are rejected from MSHS.......just stick to the facts and give the answers....this is serious, favortisism should not be allowed when it comes to county involvement in private sectors
Desperate Misfits

Commerce, GA

#11 Oct 18, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>Only desperate people are the incumbents. The county was going to have it's own animal control facility and the Human Society pitched a fit because they wanted to get the funds. Now they charge unreasonable fees and give no service to the community what so ever. Charles Rich will win. Look at what he's running against. Only people that would vote for Paris are self centered butt holes.
Fees are not unreasonable!
Castaway is $200 per dog and it has to be neutered/spayed.
All vetting is done and the dogs are HW-.

The same with the shelter - it costs money to support these animals and keep them well. Seldom do you hear of parvo or other diseases at the shelter. Why? Because they run it well, keep it clean, and make sure the dogs are properly vaccinated.

The fee is fair. If a person wants to adopt a dog, they should be able to pay the adoption fee; otherwise, they don't need a dog!!!
Same with Castaway Citters.

Also, if a person wants to surrender a dog - they should have to pay a surrender fee. Dogs and kids are something that last a lifetime and shouldn't be dropped off like last week's trash.

Rich isn't going to change a effing thing. He has run a bad campaign and I'm not worried at all about him winning.
Desperate Misfits

Commerce, GA

#12 Oct 18, 2012
just curious wrote:
<quoted text>
of course i know MSHS is not TOTALLY funded by Union County and lets not forget Towns county also.......none of my issues have been addressed......why does MSHS get the $ from both counties and CCPR gets Zip, Zero, Zilch, but takes in the animals that are rejected from MSHS.......just stick to the facts and give the answers....this is serious, favortisism should not be allowed when it comes to county involvement in private sectors
Call Shannon who runs Castaway, she'll be glad to explain this to you. Furthermore, have you heard of grants? Want the email address, I have it.

It appears that those who post these questions are either shit/disturbers and just plain ignorant. Which one are you?
Desperate Misfits

Commerce, GA

#13 Oct 18, 2012
i.e., I will not speak for Shannon or those who work at Castaway. Go to the source.
Desperate Misfits

Commerce, GA

#14 Oct 18, 2012
If people want to adopt a dog, go to Fannin or Gilmer County where they euth immediately.

The shelter in Fannin euths in 3 days. Adoption fee is low but no vetting is done so you get what you get. Now, the commissioner in Fannin doesn't give a shit about the dogs and thinks 3 days is enough time for a dog. Afterall, they don't want to spend money feeding abandoned or lost dogs.

Want the commissioner's name? I'll be glad to provide it for you.

We are blessed to have the shelter and Castaway.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#15 Oct 18, 2012
Desperate Misfits wrote:
<quoted text>
Call Shannon who runs Castaway, she'll be glad to explain this to you. Furthermore, have you heard of grants? Want the email address, I have it.
It appears that those who post these questions are either shit/disturbers and just plain ignorant. Which one are you?
You sound just like someone at the Humane Society. They wrap a Hairy rat in a blanket and carry it around like it is God or something and expect people to say how pretty the ugly rat is. The name Humane doesn't belong with these people. That name should be reserved for people who work to relieve hunger among children and the elderly. I will feed a child and see to it that it has warm place to sleep before I feed one single mangey dog or cat. If you find that mean then you are just exactly lwhat I thought you were.
Desperate Misfits

Commerce, GA

#16 Oct 18, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>You sound just like someone at the Humane Society. They wrap a Hairy rat in a blanket and carry it around like it is God or something and expect people to say how pretty the ugly rat is. The name Humane doesn't belong with these people. That name should be reserved for people who work to relieve hunger among children and the elderly. I will feed a child and see to it that it has warm place to sleep before I feed one single mangey dog or cat. If you find that mean then you are just exactly lwhat I thought you were.
No, I don't work there, but I wouldn't expect more from you.
Be careful what you write about people. You never know who is caring for your granny, the neighbor's kids, and THEIR dogs. It might be someone who carries around a rat in a blanket and think it is beautiful.

Some people are gracious enough to help BOTH animals and people.

God help you, Reb.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#17 Oct 18, 2012
Troll Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know or care what Harold did, I worked out of town at the time. However, you are flat out lying when you say that the Humane Society "charge unreasonable fees and give no service to the community what so ever."
You're showing your desperation, Reb. Hate Lamar Paris all you want, it doesn't bother me.(I myself have not even decided whether I'll vote for him.)
But leave the Humane Society out of your little bitter fits of anger. The volunteers there do more for this are than you or the other little band of Misfits have - or ever will - do.
You have no idea what the misfits in this town do so run your ignorant mouth somewhere else. Their is a post I just made that you need to read. It applies to you also. Only difference is that you don't have a dog or cat because you are so obsessed with yourself you wouldn't feed it. I will put my public service against yours any day of the week. You are a blowhard failure who can only feel like someone when you are on here putting down people who do reach out do something and change what needs to be changed. I hope Lamar Paris takes your raunchy ass with him when he leaves.
Troll Man

Murphy, NC

#18 Oct 18, 2012
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what the misfits in this town do so run your ignorant mouth somewhere else. Their is a post I just made that you need to read. It applies to you also. Only difference is that you don't have a dog or cat because you are so obsessed with yourself you wouldn't feed it. I will put my public service against yours any day of the week. You are a blowhard failure who can only feel like someone when you are on here putting down people who do reach out do something and change what needs to be changed. I hope Lamar Paris takes your raunchy ass with him when he leaves.
That's funny. I have always had pets and have always cared for them well.

As for your other nonsense, you're just rambling on like the bitter, angry old man you are, so I will try to excuse your hatefulness. As for change, you have done nothing to affect change. That comes from getting out in the public eye, organizing and being involved. You have done none of those things, only badmouthed and libeled people on Topix all day. I really feel sorry for you.
Desperate Misfits

Commerce, GA

#19 Oct 18, 2012
"You are a blowhard failure who can only feel like someone when you are on here putting down people who do reach out do something and change what needs to be changed."

Hmmm. Who is putting down people?
Desperate Misfits

Commerce, GA

#20 Oct 18, 2012
Troll Man wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. I have always had pets and have always cared for them well.
As for your other nonsense, you're just rambling on like the bitter, angry old man you are, so I will try to excuse your hatefulness. As for change, you have done nothing to affect change. That comes from getting out in the public eye, organizing and being involved. You have done none of those things, only badmouthed and libeled people on Topix all day. I really feel sorry for you.
Me, too.
Amos_1

Atlanta, GA

#21 Oct 18, 2012
Desperate Misfits wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, too.

youse nothing but a GOP'ER..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Georgia's Transparency?????? 40 min Democrat from Flo... 3
Living in Union County/Blairsville (Feb '07) 55 min Mavis in Blairsville 302
What's the worst thing about Floridiots? 1 hr Vern 23
Outlet Mall coming to Blairsville ? 1 hr Granny 19
Steve's Steakhouse Cookie Jar 1 hr older 83
Our New Sheriffs Dept (Jan '13) 2 hr Blarsville 921
Union Counties OVER CROWED JAIL 2 hr The Law 158
brmemc 2 hr RED 255
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blairsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blairsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••