Scam

Dawsonville, GA

#1 Oct 9, 2013
Why did BRMEMC jack up their rates and raise the customer charge? All they do is raise their rates, and their employees just sit around and dip and look up at poles, and hang out at Circle K. Non profit? What a joke. Any business can be non profit if you rip off your customers. Plus, a co-op, you would think would get a check back for their members every year. They make sure they use all the money we pay in for sorry service. How about down sizing and not have people driving around in brand new super duty fords every year. At least we get to vote for a new board of directors every year. A one candidate Cuban election vote. Good gracious. At least the oil companies are making money, as you see about a dozen trucks driving around from town to Hiawassee.
neighbor

Commerce, GA

#2 Oct 9, 2013
Scam wrote:
Why did BRMEMC jack up their rates and raise the customer charge? All they do is raise their rates, and their employees just sit around and dip and look up at poles, and hang out at Circle K. Non profit? What a joke. Any business can be non profit if you rip off your customers. Plus, a co-op, you would think would get a check back for their members every year. They make sure they use all the money we pay in for sorry service. How about down sizing and not have people driving around in brand new super duty fords every year. At least we get to vote for a new board of directors every year. A one candidate Cuban election vote. Good gracious. At least the oil companies are making money, as you see about a dozen trucks driving around from town to Hiawassee.
I understand that next year we will have some new people to vote for director. just make sure you vote and vote for new people to put the skids on the run away train called the BRMEMC.
stop bitchin

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Oct 9, 2013
When power is out they have it restored in record time. Home service is prompt. I can't complain about the power company as the men work their asses off. Unlike Windstream and several of the water companies.
just saying

Hudson, OH

#4 Oct 9, 2013
stop bitchin wrote:
When power is out they have it restored in record time. Home service is prompt. I can't complain about the power company as the men work their asses off. Unlike Windstream and several of the water companies.
and what do they do the rest of the time when there is no outage?
Thinkin Hmm

Clarkesville, GA

#5 Oct 9, 2013
Yea, Well the power goes out every time a jay bird farts on a pole .. I swear the slightest drizzle and its lights out most of the time.. Simply horrible service ,saying anything else is just lying .
big news

Canton, GA

#6 Oct 10, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
and what do they do the rest of the time when there is no outage?
How do you think the poles and underground wire, etc. got there? Maybe the power fairy? No, the EMC guys do that when they aren't working outages.
stop bitchin

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Oct 10, 2013
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
and what do they do the rest of the time when there is no outage?
Replace old poles and wire, clear trees and brush away from electrical lines, service homeowners, install underground lines from street to homes, and a lot more. You are pathetic!
Mountaingirl

Dahlonega, GA

#8 Oct 11, 2013
I have lived here 7 years and my power has gone out maybe 3 times-I think that is pretty good. I have never lived anywhere that the rates have not been increased-energy is just an expensive product.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#9 Oct 11, 2013
stop bitchin wrote:
When power is out they have it restored in record time. Home service is prompt. I can't complain about the power company as the men work their asses off. Unlike Windstream and several of the water companies.
Having, over the years, paid 11 electricity providers in 6 states, and currently paying 4 different electricity providers, I thank God once a month for the TVA and BRMEMC.

I put BRMEMC on autopay when I purchased my first rental property in Union County for what I thought the bill would run, and over a few years the surplus in the account continues to grow.

Their cost is low, service is great, their people are courteous and cooperative.

I only wish they'd make it easier for the iPhone apps that stay connected online to your utility and credit card companies to stay connected to BRMEMC - I keep having to reset that connection.
and cannot leave out

Summerville, SC

#10 Oct 11, 2013
Mountaingirl wrote:
I have lived here 7 years and my power has gone out maybe 3 times-I think that is pretty good. I have never lived anywhere that the rates have not been increased-energy is just an expensive product.
Also, the power palace.
and cannot leave out

Summerville, SC

#11 Oct 11, 2013
Mountaingirl wrote:
I have lived here 7 years and my power has gone out maybe 3 times-I think that is pretty good. I have never lived anywhere that the rates have not been increased-energy is just an expensive product.
Also, a monopoly is.
Just a thought

Commerce, GA

#12 Oct 11, 2013
All those who think the EMC is doing a great job can vote to retain the present Directors and the folks who want some changes can vote for a new Director next year. Simple solution.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#13 Oct 11, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
All those who think the EMC is doing a great job can vote to retain the present Directors and the folks who want some changes can vote for a new Director next year. Simple solution.
Great post.

Gotta love those co-ops, socialist or not, they work well for managing utilities.

Democracy in action - a great thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Union Hospital Authority Board should resign 2 hr Local 113
Gowders Violate Conditions of Release 2 hr Hearing Say 8
Lamar & SPLOST (Sep '11) 14 hr Advocate4Clean 160
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 15 hr No Cook 179
3-1 Mason over Wood Wed Back When 3
Transgendered Restrooms Wed Ed Anger 1
Cox win Wed jimbo 2 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages