First Prev
of 2
Next Last
1234ducks

Hayesville, NC

#1 Feb 22, 2010
I heard from a pretty reliable source that they are going to build a VA Hospital in Blairsville. Has anyone heard about this?
Joker

Blairsville, GA

#2 Feb 22, 2010
hahahahahahaha! Way to wake up, Rip Van Tinkle!!! It was announced over a YEAR ago. They just started scraping dirt for it on Young Harris Highway.
GA Peach

AOL

#3 Feb 22, 2010
Affirmative. Ground has been purchased and is being cleared. Good news for all the vets in our area. The number of vets in this area is astounding.

I hesitate to say where it is being built because I don't remember what I was told about the location.
Professor

Jefferson, GA

#4 Feb 22, 2010
There has been ground breaking east of town and the sign says VA clinic coming..
Dixie

Adel, GA

#5 Feb 22, 2010
The sign reads "Blairsville Veterans Hospital." Does that mean VA or a private hospital for veterans?
YES

Lula, GA

#6 Feb 22, 2010
Blairsville Veterans Clinic - same thing I believe.
On the Edge

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2010
Professor wrote:
There has been ground breaking east of town and the sign says VA clinic coming..
Thanks Davis!
here are the facts

AOL

#9 Feb 22, 2010
it is a va clinic, not a va hospital..open monday thru friday, and if you intend to change to the blairsville clinic, you will have to use the va hospital in atlanta for any surgery, vision care exams,etc. the clinic is if you are sick or need regular check ups and they do blood tests there.
On the Edge

United States

#10 Feb 23, 2010
here are the facts wrote:
it is a va clinic, not a va hospital..open monday thru friday, and if you intend to change to the blairsville clinic, you will have to use the va hospital in atlanta for any surgery, vision care exams,etc. the clinic is if you are sick or need regular check ups and they do blood tests there.
Alright, so if you are dying, hurry up down to the Atlanta VA to checkout! The VA clinic will not be able to meet your needs..........
yep

Adel, GA

#11 Feb 23, 2010
On the Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, so if you are dying, hurry up down to the Atlanta VA to checkout! The VA clinic will not be able to meet your needs..........
I have a better suggestion, if you are dying go to the closest hospital. A little common sense goes a long way. There is no VA hospitals or clinics in every city.
On the Edge

United States

#12 Feb 24, 2010
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a better suggestion, if you are dying go to the closest hospital. A little common sense goes a long way. There is no VA hospitals or clinics in every city.
Oh yeah, Hi Davis!
here are the facts

AOL

#13 Feb 24, 2010
i am not talking about a life or death emergency, of course if that is the case, you go directly to the nearest hospital, but you cannot go to a regular hospital for general care if you use the va system
Mister XYZ

Athens, GA

#14 Feb 24, 2010
i am not talking about a life or death emergency, of course if that is the case, you go directly to the nearest hospital, but you cannot go to a regular hospital for general care if you use the va system
Gotta love how screwed up America is!
Vet

Adel, GA

#15 Feb 24, 2010
Well for general care get off your butt and go to Atlanta! Most have to drive about that far for good medical care anyways.
On the Edge

United States

#16 Feb 24, 2010
Ofcourse, if a Veteran has a mild to moderate heart attack, he or she should drive to the nearest VA Hospital...Might not be an emergency situation.
Vet1

United States

#17 Feb 24, 2010
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for general care get off your butt and go to Atlanta! Most have to drive about that far for good medical care anyways.
Call the VA Hospital and up your medication dosage. It is apparent your assholism is spiraling out of control.
mom

Jefferson, GA

#18 Feb 25, 2010
1234ducks wrote:
I heard from a pretty reliable source that they are going to build a VA Hospital in Blairsville. Has anyone heard about this?
Where would you go to apply for a job there
RN in the Know

AOL

#19 Jul 10, 2010
A VA clinic if run well, in Blairsville will cut down on a lot of travel to Atlanta. If a vet winds up in a private or county hospital it is usually the social or case workers job to get the government to pay the bill. If the patient requires care not present at the private hospital the government should pick up the bill for shipping them to a larger facility or VA hospital. I hope the opening of the clinic will prove very beneficial for the vets. Remember for every one soldier killed overseas hundreds most in their early 20s are left crippled, blinded, limbs missing, paralyzed to live forever in a wheelchair or a bed, 100s and 100s of precious young men that will never marry, have children, drive a car, play ball, dance or party with their friends ever again!!
wondering

Jefferson, GA

#20 Jul 11, 2010
Didn't the land that the hospital is being built on previously belong to one Becky Dyer, administrator of Union General Hospital? Is that a conflict of interest?
Realist

Homer, GA

#21 Jul 11, 2010
wondering wrote:
Didn't the land that the hospital is being built on previously belong to one Becky Dyer, administrator of Union General Hospital? Is that a conflict of interest?
She only sold it to a company which built the clinic but it sure gave them the inside track.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
THAT Falling Apart Decrepit Trailer 2 hr Orchard Annie 74
Arrest reports Sun Think about it 67
Oracle Sun Oracle 1
Tim Evans corrupt borough Mar 24 LOL 3
Tthe Meadow Apartments Mar 23 The WB 15
Replace Judge Dwain Brackett (Jun '12) Mar 23 BANG 397
Armadillo Grill Mar 21 Cops Suck 48

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance