Is Blairsville a decent place to live?

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 13

United States

#1 Sep 3, 2013
Basically I ask because I've been through a few times when I was a kid, now I ask is it a safe, friendly, decent place to live without people forming a gang of angry drunks and beating the shit out of helpless innocent people? How much real crime goes on there, murders, theft, hate crimes, etc.? How nice are the people? All I ever see on here are usually people not even from Blairsville and trolls, even though I've only recently joined. Tell me about this place that seems to me to be nice on the website. I want to know the true Blairsville. Trolls need not apply, only actually citizens of Blairsville will be listened to.
home place

Commerce, GA

#2 Sep 3, 2013
No, I would move to this area below 5 pts in Atlanta.
yankee

Jefferson, GA

#3 Sep 3, 2013
you're just what blairsville needs, another dam yankee.

United States

#5 Sep 3, 2013
yankee wrote:
you're just what blairsville needs, another dam yankee.
I live further south than Blairsville...And don't you people even read the message? I'm only going to listen to people from there, not goofballs from everywhere else. Jeeze, trolls.
LocalNative

Tuskegee, AL

#6 Sep 3, 2013
I was born and raised in Blairsville. I would rather live here and raise my family here than anywhere.
UC Voter

Jefferson, GA

#7 Sep 3, 2013
It is a fabulous place to live.

Ignore the naysayers who will write about corruption, stealing, and all kinds of propaganda that is fabricated.

People are kind and generous. Some of the Yankee move-ins are assholes, but you will find that everywhere they go.

Diversity? Not so much. To me that's a good thing. No gangs. No attitude.

Crime. The normal amount for any rural area but few are really affected. Most of it is meth and stealing.

The cost of living remains lower than most places in GA.

One good thing is Blairsville is two hours north of ATL, two hours east of Chattanooga, two hours south of Asheville NC, two hours west of Greenville SC. It is a nice central location.

Shopping is an hour and change to Exit One or through Gainesville to Mall of Georgia. Canton and Woodstock are close.
UC Voter

Jefferson, GA

#8 Sep 3, 2013
No bars. A few places serve drinks with food.
No package store in UC, but there are two nearby.
Drunks. I don't see them. People seem to go to bed with the chickens!

United States

#9 Sep 3, 2013
Well, it does kind of make sense what you say..Apparently some others disagree...dunno if they are trolls or what though, lol. I'm still waiting for an e-mail back from the mayor though. So I guess I will just have to see for myself when I go back through on my way to Towns county.
Nov5th

Cleveland, GA

#10 Sep 4, 2013
I was born and raised here. I have family going back to the start of this town actually.

Myself, I would disagree with UC voter, Their is from the view of most living here an insurmountable wall of corruption.

Their is very little crime in the way of murder or rape tho is has happened. Stealing yes, drug yes.

The population is nice enough if you fit a mold,but if not then you will find it quite uncomfortable.

Most will say they are not racist, but if you are white and around enough you will discover they in fact are extremely racist. They are just closeted and frightened type racists.

That is not to say living here is all bad, their are small groups of amazing people and the land speaks for itself. You will have to find that niche however if you do not fit into the rest of the community .

They definitely want you to spend some money tho,pretty much the only reason a giant F Off sign has not been placed at county line.
Fanny

Suwanee, GA

#11 Sep 4, 2013
LocalNative wrote:
I was born and raised in Blairsville. I would rather live here and raise my family here than anywhere.
I am thankful for your post!
Fanny

Suwanee, GA

#12 Sep 4, 2013
I like your post.
UC Voter wrote:
Ignore the naysayers who will write about corruption, stealing, and all kinds of propaganda that is fabricated.
People are kind and generous. Some of the Yankee move-ins are assholes, but you will find that everywhere they go.
Diversity? Not so much. To me that's a good thing. No gangs. No attitude.
Crime. The normal amount for any rural area but few are really affected. Most of it is meth and stealing.
The cost of living remains lower than most places in GA.
One good thing is Blairsville is two hours north of ATL, two hours east of Chattanooga, two hours south of Asheville NC, two hours west of Greenville SC. It is a nice central location.
Shopping is an hour and change to Exit One or through Gainesville to Mall of Georgia. Canton and Woodstock are close.
UC Voter

Jefferson, GA

#13 Sep 4, 2013
5our_Skittles wrote:
Well, it does kind of make sense what you say..Apparently some others disagree...dunno if they are trolls or what though, lol. I'm still waiting for an e-mail back from the mayor though. So I guess I will just have to see for myself when I go back through on my way to Towns county.
This is the worst place to get answers.
I suggest you visit the town.
Talk to people on the streets and avoid TOPIX.
TOPIX has been the platform for those who are against everything the town represents. It is vile and unethical what is written here.
Go to the farmer's market on Saturday and see how many people enjoy it. See how nicely it is built and the time people have taken to make it pleasurable.
Take a tour of the club house on the golf course.

The person you should really contact is not the mayor as he represents the city not the county. Lamar Paris represents the county.

Visit the Chamber of Commerce at the club house or seek out Mrs. Brock and she will be happy to assist you.

Eat at a local establishment like Dan's Grill and talk to the owners.

Do not pay attention to Topix, please. This isn't the answer.
UC Voter

Jefferson, GA

#14 Sep 4, 2013
5our_Skittles wrote:

email Lamar Paris the County Commissioner at unioncounty at uniongov dot com.

Keep in mind these people receive a lot of emails so make your subject exact.

Thanks.
home place

Commerce, GA

#15 Sep 4, 2013
5our_Skittles wrote:
I'm still waiting for an e-mail back from the mayor though. So I guess I will just have to see for myself when I go back through on my way to Towns county.
You should really write the Union County 'sole-commisssioner'. Tell him your other pen name is Mountain Voice. Please post his reply.
ur so verbose full of s

Commerce, GA

#16 Sep 4, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
and most of those people are in jail anyway serving their 'propaganda time'. Well spoken point from a move-in retired law. Reference recent news releases regarding retired law residents.
Nov5th

Dahlonega, GA

#17 Sep 4, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you visit the town.
Talk to people on the streets and avoid TOPIX.
TOPIX has been the platform for those who are against everything the town represents. It is vile and unethical what is written here.
Go to the farmer's market on Saturday and see how many people enjoy it. See how nicely it is built and the time people have taken to make it pleasurable.
Take a tour of the club house on the golf course.
The person you should really contact is not the mayor as he represents the city not the county. Lamar Paris represents the county.
Visit the Chamber of Commerce at the club house or seek out Mrs. Brock and she will be happy to assist you.
Eat at a local establishment like Dan's Grill and talk to the owners.
Topix is used as a voice because the citizens here literally have no other voice. The local paper would be the only outlet and it is beyond biased in the opinion of most...What I have written is very accurate by my experience living here for 30+ years ,I am recognized by anyone around who has been here that long.. I am not lying and not proud of it,just being honest in hope that we can change it.
Just a thought

Commerce, GA

#18 Sep 4, 2013
The city will be a more decent4 place to live after the Nov. Election. I am taking for granted that we get rid of the sorry a$$ mayor we presently have. It was once a great place to live until a few took it over. It is way past time that the residents took it back.
Topic

Jefferson, GA

#19 Sep 4, 2013
Topix is where UC Voter gets all his info.
Without Topix, he's blind, deaf, and the other one.

Actually he's the other one all the time.
huh and huh

Blairsville, GA

#20 Sep 4, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
You basically told the person not to pay attention to all the "glorious" things you said about the place. lol
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#21 Sep 4, 2013
Blairsville is a great place to live.

Beautiful scenery;
Reasonable costs;
Terrific people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Union County teacher arrested 1 hr Union County is a... 10
Why are people so rude amd hateful on this page 3 hr Local 66
Union General ER Doc sentenced to 4 yrs 14 hr curious 3
Who are you voting for BRMEMC board? 15 hr MMA FIGHTER 5
Corruption at BRMEMC 21 hr UKnowIt 94
Cable service at BRMEMC Mon Vern the Cable Guy 4
The Mark Of The Beast (Aug '11) Sun Flarduh 297

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance