First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HaHaHa

Blairsville, GA

#1 Jul 9, 2014
Could it be that he likes to write letters to the editor making comments about people but doesn't want anyone to say anything about him unless it's praise. I don't know him; however, I think he's projected himself to a "public figure" status by commenting publicly about political issues.
Beware

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jul 9, 2014
He has a glass jaw. Love how he can attack others but anyone mentions his name, he freaks out. I heard someone asked him about why Topix kept removing posts with his name in it and he turned around and stalked off
TEmmettT

Canton, GA

#4 Jul 9, 2014
I will make sure that Jack knows about his supporters problem in adopted town...
He is just a guest here.
Beware wrote:
He has a glass jaw. Love how he can attack others but anyone mentions his name, he freaks out. I heard someone asked him about why Topix kept removing posts with his name in it and he turned around and stalked off
Interesting

Lawrenceville, GA

#5 Jul 9, 2014
What Malone thinks about the average voter and his disdain posted on his FB page

Patrick T. Malone
May 21
4 out 5 of the candidates I worked for brought home victories last night. While the results for the 5th candidate were very disappointing I am reminded of Churchill's quote, "The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter". Congrats to Governor Nathan Deal, soon to be Senator Jack Kingston, Congressman Doug Collins and State Representative Stephen Allison.
My Thought

Blairsville, GA

#6 Jul 10, 2014
1ACOG wrote:
Don't you just love how they keep removing all the threads when his name is mentioned.
Someone really needs to look into his inside connections.
Written By Patrick Malone in the North Georgia News 2/9/11
"Using Open Records to harass an affront to every citizen."
"Dear Editor,
I am the first one to defend the 1st Amendment rights of others but the ongoing vendetta being waged against Commissioner Paris by an individual and a few disgruntled people IS NOW INFRINGING ON MY RIGHTS AND THE VAST MAJORITY OF UNION COUNTY CITIZENS. Using the Georgia OPEN RECORDS laws to continue what can only be characterized as harassment is an affront to every citizen. Those filing dozens of Open Records Request for county records are engaging staff in extraneous activity at the cost of fulfilling their normal duties in serving the citizens of Union County. There is an unnecessary added cost to the county budget. Our taxes are being consumed to perpetuate this silly ongoing feud. It would be understandable if one of these request had uncovered a hint of malfeasance or corruption but it hasn't. In fact all that it has revealed is someone incapable of logical analysis of county finances and operations. Whether or not you voted for Commissioner Paris in the last election, it is time for the good citizens to come together and call on those harassing Commissioner Paris and the county staff to stop wasting our tax dollars on these conspiracy theories." "Patrick Malone"
https://twitter.co m/PARpat
Could he be regretting sending this letter to the NGN?
Retired Rich Golfer

Webster, NC

#7 Jul 10, 2014
My Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Could he be regretting sending this letter to the NGN?
Why should he?
It is what most decent people in Blairsville think.
The piddly 50 people who read Topix won't change opinions in our town about the excessive ORRs.

Besides, ACOG, posting a letter that was written more than two years ago shows she's really dragging the bottom of the river to find something negative to write about Malone.

What has ACOG accomplished with all her ORRs? Nada. Nothing.

Lord help me if I ever became that damn negative in life.

No. I am not Pat Malone. He's got more sense than to write comments here and I should follow his lead and not respond to ignorance.
Retired Rich Golfer

Webster, NC

#8 Jul 10, 2014
Beware wrote:
Bull! "I heard"
You obviously don't know Pat.
He has a great sense of humor and I doubt having posts removed from this sewer would bother him one little bit.
Retired Rich Golfer

Webster, NC

#9 Jul 10, 2014
Interesting wrote:
What Malone thinks about the average voter and his disdain posted on his FB page
Patrick T. Malone
May 21
4 out 5 of the candidates I worked for brought home victories last night. While the results for the 5th candidate were very disappointing I am reminded of Churchill's quote, "The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter". Congrats to Governor Nathan Deal, soon to be Senator Jack Kingston, Congressman Doug Collins and State Representative Stephen Allison.
The "average voter" is low informed. Look at your President and tell me the "average" voter knows what the hell they are voting for. Most don't. Incumbent after incumbent gets reelected because people would rather watch "Dancing with the Stars" then do their homework and find out facts about politics. Pat is right on with this comment.
Dark Male

Ellijay, GA

#10 Jul 10, 2014
Retired Rich Golfer wrote:
<quoted text>
The "average voter" is low informed. Look at your President and tell me the "average" voter knows what the hell they are voting for. Most don't. Incumbent after incumbent gets reelected because people would rather watch "Dancing with the Stars" then do their homework and find out facts about politics. Pat is right on with this comment.
Wow Rich,
We actually agree on something! For this current President, he's not much of an American.
PTM

Atlanta, GA

#11 Jul 10, 2014
Retired Rich Golfer wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so refreshing to know what you and Malone think of most average people. Malone seems to look down on everyone who doesn't agree with him and doesn't fit his description of what people should like like.

Malone does have a glass jaw. He can not debate with people who disagree with him in a civil manner. He becomes very agitated. Case in point when Charles Rich in 2012 took a view opposite of Malone's about TSPOLST. Rather then let Rich make his case, as Rich had done with Malone and then rebut Rich, Malone became disruptive and tried to shout him down. Malone believes that anyone who disagrees with him needs to be attacked. Yet can't stand the heat turned on him.
Question

United States

#14 Sep 7, 2016
is this the guy most support here?
Local

United States

#15 Sep 7, 2016
Question wrote:
is this the guy most support here?
MOST DEFINITELY!

Since: May 16

Location hidden

#16 Sep 7, 2016
"Dear Editor,
I am the first one to defend the 1st Amendment rights of others but the ongoing vendetta being waged against Commissioner Paris by an individual and a few disgruntled people IS NOW INFRINGING ON MY RIGHTS AND THE VAST MAJORITY OF UNION COUNTY CITIZENS. Using the Georgia OPEN RECORDS laws to continue what can only be characterized as harassment is an affront to every citizen. Those filing dozens of Open Records Request for county records are engaging staff in extraneous activity at the cost of fulfilling their normal duties in serving the citizens of Union County. There is an unnecessary added cost to the county budget. Our taxes are being consumed to perpetuate this silly ongoing feud. It would be understandable if one of these request had uncovered a hint of malfeasance or corruption but it hasn't. In fact all that it has revealed is someone incapable of logical analysis of county finances and operations. Whether or not you voted for Commissioner Paris in the last election, it is time for the good citizens to come together and call on those harassing Commissioner Paris and the county staff to stop wasting our tax dollars on these conspiracy theories." "Patrick Malone"

This is what you will get if you vote for Malone. Don't put in a open records request to the EMC, you will be infringing on HIS RIGHTS!!
Advocate4Clean

Commerce, GA

#17 Sep 7, 2016
Advocate4Clean wrote:
"Dear Editor,

This is what you will get if you vote for Malone. Don't put in a open records request to the EMC, you will be infringing on HIS RIGHTS!!
Malone is our Man! Go Malone!!!!!
BoRidley

Suwanee, GA

#18 Sep 7, 2016
Malone is the white man's candidate. He will cut off power to Hispanics and blacks.
BoRidley

Suwanee, GA

#19 Sep 7, 2016
Malone is right about his rights. I read him and Charlie Harper in GeorgiaPol and they say the only rights people have are the ones they allow
Bubba Gump

Commerce, GA

#20 Sep 7, 2016
BoRidley wrote:
Malone is right about his rights. I read him and Charlie Harper in GeorgiaPol and they say the only rights people have are the ones they allow
Amen! Go Malone! You are the ONLY choice.
Election

United States

#21 Sep 7, 2016
Who needs a open records request? It's just a tactic used by the busybodies. I doubt Putin has time for those and neither should PM. He will be a strong leader, and probably this post will elevate him to county or statewide office should be choose.
Tom

Commerce, GA

#22 Sep 7, 2016
Election wrote:
Who needs a open records request? It's just a tactic used by the busybodies. I doubt Putin has time for those and neither should PM. He will be a strong leader, and probably this post will elevate him to county or statewide office should be choose.
Yes, Malone for Governor.....,,
ACitizen

Buford, GA

#23 Sep 8, 2016
Malone’s letter to the NGN says it all on why he should not be elected to the EMC or any elected office and any organization that has him should be leery. He believes his rights are superior to any others. Quite frankly he believes he is entitled to more rights than any other citizen.

Open records request hold government accountable. Yes they can be bothersome and time consuming but they are perfectly legal. It allows for government transparency. Yet Malone believes that an open records request infringes on his rights. How so? Is it depriving him of life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness? Is it taking away his right to free speech? religion of his choice? his right to bear arms? Of course not.

Yet take his idea of open records requests being an infringement of his rights to the EMC. The EMC already has a record of a lack of transparency and worse. Under Malone’s formula any request for audits, for transparency by members would be an infringement on his rights. His idea of government and freedom is do what I say not that government or entities should be held accountable to the people.

For this reason alone he is a failure as a human being and would be a disaster in any elected position. That is why we need to say no to him on Saturday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Road Bank Long Arm Mower Needed 2 hr Just do it 1
retiring to blairsville (Feb '15) 8 hr Damn 93
County Building inspector 9 hr In A Hurry 16
Remove Benny Erwin as Coroner (Apr '16) 16 hr LEE 62
If you cant pay your bills stop spending foolishly Fri Schools too 6
Nates Fri sorry 67
Heather or Josh Rice Thu whiskey 1

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance