First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just a thought

Dahlonega, GA

#1 Oct 27, 2013
There is a great book which starts with these words. It has brought strength and comfort to millions through out the ages. Let us hope these same words can be said about our city county state and nation. Most things start with an idea and grow from that. A few people have envisioned a city, county, state and nation that is run with equal treatment and opportunity for all it's people.

We have a chance to start that change in a little over a week. The city election comes up next week. Everyone should consider the choices when casting their vote. You can vote to continue with a govt. that separates the masses and taxes everyone to benefit a few or for change to a system that give equal treatment to all.

Next year we will have the opportunity to vote on our state govt. As of yet no one has come forward to challenge the incumbent but someone will. We need to examine closely who that person is and what they stand for. We know our present Gov. had to leave congress under a cloud of unethical behavior. We need to remove all clouds from our govt.

Our County must wait for 3 more yrs. before a change can be made unless we have a recall election. I think many have come to realize that a mistake may have been made in our choice of a county leader. If it rises to the point that a recall is our only alternative then we need to do it without fear of retaliation.

Our nation is being led by a to liberal person who has only one objection in life and that is to leave a great legacy regardless of what is destroyed in his wake. This area did not support him but we have had to endure his pitiful leadership. Let us stand firm in 3 years and vote against another Obama fashioned politician. Hillary being one of them.
Willie Mae

Toccoa, GA

#2 Oct 27, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
There is a great book which starts with these words. It has brought strength and comfort to millions through out the ages. Let us hope these same words can be said about our city county state and nation. Most things start with an idea and grow from that. A few people have envisioned a city, county, state and nation that is run with equal treatment and opportunity for all it's people.
We have a chance to start that change in a little over a week. The city election comes up next week. Everyone should consider the choices when casting their vote. You can vote to continue with a govt. that separates the masses and taxes everyone to benefit a few or for change to a system that give equal treatment to all.
Next year we will have the opportunity to vote on our state govt. As of yet no one has come forward to challenge the incumbent but someone will. We need to examine closely who that person is and what they stand for. We know our present Gov. had to leave congress under a cloud of unethical behavior. We need to remove all clouds from our govt.
Our County must wait for 3 more yrs. before a change can be made unless we have a recall election. I think many have come to realize that a mistake may have been made in our choice of a county leader. If it rises to the point that a recall is our only alternative then we need to do it without fear of retaliation.
Our nation is being led by a to liberal person who has only one objection in life and that is to leave a great legacy regardless of what is destroyed in his wake. This area did not support him but we have had to endure his pitiful leadership. Let us stand firm in 3 years and vote against another Obama fashioned politician. Hillary being one of them.
Man or woman , you are good !!!!!
neighbor

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Oct 27, 2013
Makes good sense but who has good sense anymore?
Cletus

Alto, GA

#4 Oct 27, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
Our country is led by a liberal because our country is gradually becoming more and more liberal. Same-sex marriages, abortions on demand, limiting and banning gun ownership, God expelled from schools and public places, more government intrusion into our lives and more people dependent on government.

Why would God smile on such a country?
One Flew Over The CooCoo

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Oct 27, 2013
Dearly beloved
We are gathered here today
2 get through this thing called life

Electric word life
It means forever and that's a mighty long time
But I'm here 2 tell u
There's something else
The afterworld

A world of never ending happiness
U can always see the sun, day or night

So when u call up that shrink in Beverly Hills
U know the one - Dr Everything'll Be Alright
Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
Ask him how much of your mind, baby

'Cuz in this life
Things are much harder than in the afterworld
In this life
You're on your own

And if de-elevator tries 2 bring u down
Go crazy - punch a higher floor
local

Commerce, GA

#6 Oct 27, 2013
I just think it's about time that we get with the times and get a more contemporary commissioner, that represents the people, as portrayed by the media.

We need a homosexual transvestite transgender black to run for office. This white country club stuff has got to stop.
neighbor

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Oct 27, 2013
local wrote:
I just think it's about time that we get with the times and get a more contemporary commissioner, that represents the people, as portrayed by the media.
We need a homosexual transvestite transgender black to run for office. This white country club stuff has got to stop.
I thought we had a homosexual, transvestite transgender now? My mistake

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#8 Nov 10, 2013
Published on Jul 14, 2012

Paul Harvey read this prayer on his radio show years ago - and he sums it up about right.

Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

&fe ature=player_detailpage
verbose and rambling

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Nov 10, 2013
Just a thought wrote:
turn all your assault rifles and ammo in.
Professor

Cornelia, GA

#10 Nov 10, 2013
verbose and rambling wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll just wait for you to come get them. Heh Heh Heh
Al A Baster

Cornelia, GA

#11 Nov 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Verbose could you give us more words on the subject?/
Al A Baster

Cornelia, GA

#12 Nov 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Could you be more verbose on the subject?
Al A Baster

Cornelia, GA

#13 Nov 20, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>I'll just wait for you to come get them. Heh Heh Heh
Prof, do you ship FedEx?
Al A Baster

Cornelia, GA

#14 Nov 20, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
Published on Jul 14, 2012
Paul Harvey read this prayer on his radio show years ago - and he sums it up about right.
Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =e8B1p8Eq0rIXX&feature=pla yer_detailpage
Thanks for the PH prayer...

Here is the answer:

Colossians 1:27
New International Version (NIV)

27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Fud

Nicholson, GA

#16 Nov 21, 2013
Al A Baster wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the PH prayer...
Here is the answer:
Colossians 1:27
New International Version (NIV)
27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Just what we need more fiction.
Al A Baster

Dahlonega, GA

#17 Nov 21, 2013
Fud wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what we need more fiction.
Fud...

why do you judge?

What we don't need is more religion.

Tell me why is it fiction to follow Jesus?
Just Mike

Nicholson, GA

#18 Nov 21, 2013
So... according to Cletus earlier, now being "liberal" also includes being Godless? Guess that was announced on Rush or Sean's show yesterday, eh?

And our president is the Anti-Christ too, right? Being Republican/Conservative certainly doesn't necessarily mean acting very Christian-like from what I've seen. Being pro-CHOICE doesn't make a person Godless or non-Christian either.

I could so easily be a Republican supporter if the party would shape-up its repression of women's right to choice and other bible-thumping hypocrisy. Christianity does NOT need to be a political plank!
Al A Baster

Dahlonega, GA

#19 Nov 21, 2013
Just Mike wrote:
So... according to Cletus earlier, now being "liberal" also includes being Godless? Guess that was announced on Rush or Sean's show yesterday, eh?
And our president is the Anti-Christ too, right? Being Republican/Conservative certainly doesn't necessarily mean acting very Christian-like from what I've seen. Being pro-CHOICE doesn't make a person Godless or non-Christian either.
I could so easily be a Republican supporter if the party would shape-up its repression of women's right to choice and other bible-thumping hypocrisy. Christianity does NOT need to be a political plank!
Interesting comments.

What if we told Cletus religious right doesn't automatically mean Christian?

To your point that "Christianity does NOT need to be a political plank", good luck with that! Churchanity is and forever will be political. Churchanity follows human leaders. Christians follow Jesus.
Fud

Dawsonville, GA

#20 Nov 22, 2013
Al A Baster wrote:
<quoted text>
Fud...
why do you judge?
What we don't need is more religion.
Tell me why is it fiction to follow Jesus?
Because the bible at best is fiction.
Just a thought

Dahlonega, GA

#21 Nov 23, 2013
Fud wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the bible at best is fiction.
It would be hard to convince most people that a book written over many centuries, by many different people to be a work of fiction. Although some of it may be attributed to a lack of understanding it certainly isn't fiction. I may get a little hairy in the middle of the night like a monkey but I don't really believe I evolved from one. Even if I did where did the monkey come from? We need to always look beyond what is apparent to us and see what is the true meaning. One thing that ms. Pittman might think about is something I have always used to strengthened my resilience. If a wealthy person, A political person with power, or anyone who may use something that they posses to cause you harm you have beaten them. The first time they lower themselves to using a power not readily assessable to you they have beaten themselves. You have stood your ground while they have lowered their character to something less than they would have anyone know. Many in the Bible have realized this and that is why Christianity has flourished. If you do right good things will always happen for you. May not be apparent at the time but it will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best local car lot 1 hr Tim 16
Don't need neighbors like this in Blairsville; ... 2 hr RBB 6
retiring to blairsville 2 hr Rosie S 62
Bend Over.... BREMC 12.19/KW (Dec '11) 2 hr Carol 17
Floridiot Fashion 2 hr BV queen 106
EMC info from Hiawassee Forum 4 hr Running 33
Local MD in jail? 15 hr Luca Brasi 92
Time To Clean Up Union County 17 hr taxes at work 392
More from around the web

Blairsville People Search