HELP STOP any more SPLOST in Union Co...
neighbor

Commerce, GA

#245 Oct 28, 2013
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET UP OFF YOUR BUTT AND GO VOTE NO TO SPLOST. THAT IS THIS WEEK OR NEXT TUESDAY DUMMY SO DON'T FORGET.
just me

Dahlonega, GA

#246 Oct 28, 2013
Get out and vote this week. Just one question on the ballot. Do you want SPLOST 4?

Takes 5 minutes and can stop this tax until a FORENSIC AUDIT can be done.
ACOG in the Wheel

Blairsville, GA

#249 Oct 28, 2013
ACOG says vote for SPLOST!!!!
My Thought

Blairsville, GA

#250 Oct 28, 2013
ACOG in the Wheel wrote:
ACOG says vote for SPLOST!!!!
Thanks for bringing the topic back to the top and for your non-personal refutations to the allegations!!!
ACOG in the Wheel

Blairsville, GA

#251 Oct 28, 2013
My Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for bringing the topic back to the top and for your non-personal refutations to the allegations!!!
Is there an echo in here, or is your head just empty?
neighbor

Dahlonega, GA

#252 Oct 28, 2013
ACOG in the Wheel wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there an echo in here, or is your head just empty?
You need to sit still. If you keep moving those marbles will keep rolling around in there and you will end up with a headache.
you stink

Colbert, GA

#253 Oct 28, 2013
take a bath I can smell you all the way over here you nasty a** ...lol
tmv post

Jefferson, GA

#254 Oct 29, 2013
The Commissioner is asking for the ability to take out another $10,000,000 (TEN MILLION) dollar loan in this Splost IV.

In the Last Splost III, Voters authorized a 3.4 Million Dollar Community Center. The Commissioner then proceeded to set up the URA as a Shell Financing Organization to take out a 5,105,000.00 ADVANCE BOND. Payments for the last few years, and this year and next are all INTEREST ONLY, and he's using the 3.4 Million to JUST PAY INTEREST.

Voters were told that Splost Projects would be paid by Splost. But Splost III will end in 2015 - BUT UNUON COUNT TAX PAYERS ARE ON THE HOOK FOR LOAN PAYMENTS ALL THE WAY THROUGH 20230.

Now Lamar wants Voter Authorization to take out another $10,000,000 (TEN MILLION)!!!

Union COunty Voters need to "Hit the Pause Button" on rushing into a new Spolt IV. Commissioner has rushed this, given it little thought, not answered serious outstanding questions.

Voters need to take the full time allowable (entire Next Year) to review the situation and demand a rewrite of the Splost IV before having a real vote on it in Nov. 2014.

VOTE NO - NOW!

Get answers. Demand a County Forensic Audit. Current Splost doesn't end for 2 more years. There is no rush to pass this now - as you can revote next year on a revised Splost Referendum.
tmv post

Jefferson, GA

#255 Oct 29, 2013
CORRECTION:
"Voters were told that Splost Projects would be paid by Splost. But Splost III will end in 2015 - BUT UNUON COUNT TAX PAYERS ARE ON THE HOOK FOR LOAN PAYMENTS ALL THE WAY THROUGH 20230."

SHOULD READ:
"Voters were told that Splost Projects would be paid by Splost. But Splost III will end in 2015 - BUT UNION COUNT TAX PAYERS ARE ON THE HOOK FOR LOAN PAYMENTS ALL THE WAY THROUGH 2030."
Lemar

Commerce, GA

#256 Oct 29, 2013
I will spend your money the way I see fitting . I was elected by the voting machines by my choice .

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#263 Oct 30, 2013
Sound good, feel good words and phrases have been the norm throughout the Nation for decades as code words for “political cash cows.” The time is NOW for folks to finally wake up, enough is enough.

They (the political elite) continuously tell us the money is “for the Children”, or “the Library” maybe a community favorite child project, or the always favorite “roads and bridges” better yet (and the Commissioner’s favorite)“to bring and produce jobs.”

But the “Children” never seem to benefit, or actually get smarter, the “Library” becomes more and more obsolete,“roads and bridges” continue to deteriorate, and the “jobs” never materialize.

Nevertheless, the money keeps on flowing, because they keep threatening, disaster if you don’t comply, and the folks keep on paying, and occasionally asking questions that are ignored and never get answers, and the political gravy train just keep on churning.

Just when do we again take control of our governments, stop the spending, the career political aspirations, and stop political agendas with more restrictive term limits?

Now is the time to once again reclaim our representative form of government, and both require and establish governments both National and Local that will be responsive to our needs and direction.

Start here, start and now.

VOTE NO SPLOST IV
My Thought

Blairsville, GA

#264 Oct 30, 2013
just me wrote:
(Clint)He also advised local officials to not campaign for or against the vote for the same reason. He said the law regarding elected officials and campaigning on a SPLOST is not clear. "Educate, don't promote," he said. "You get into promotion where you say 'we will raise your taxes if you don't vote for it.'"
SPLOST is a voter-approved sales tax. It can run for five or six years, depending on how the local agreement between the county and cities is structured. Money can only be spent on voter-approved projects. Those projects are capital improvement. SPLOST money cannot be spent on recurring expenses like utility bills.
STICKING TO IT Whatever is on the referendum and whatever is in the IGA is what the money can be spent on. Nothing else, Mr. Mueller said.
A member of the audience asked if money could be spent on library books. "I say you are on shaky ground. They tend to turn that stuff over every year," he said.
http://cordeledispatch.com/local/x1475591245/...
Just how many times can you count where Lamar has said he will have to raise our taxes if we don't vote on it?
How many projects have been built with SPLOST 3 monies that was not voted on?(One going on right now at the old Chamber Building)
SPLOST is a VOTER APPROVED TAX. You vote YES you will pay. You vote NO it goes away.
You can not pay maintenance of these buildings with SPLOST moneys.
Why would you vote on $100,000 for Library upgrades, improvements, and equipment? You just spent $929,149 out of the last SPLOST plus all the grant money. Libraries are becoming obsolete.
WAKE UP UNION COUNTY!!!!
GET OUT and VOTE NO until there is accountability for all the past SPLOST monies.
It seems to me that our commissioner promotes each and every SPLOST. It seems that his Q&A to himself is a promotion. Also, if he wrote that on county time, then it sure as shootin' looks like county funds were used to promote the SPLOST. It may be that a complaint should be filed with Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission. They'll most likely investigate and require him to respond to the complaint.
My Thought

Blairsville, GA

#265 Oct 30, 2013
just me wrote:
(Clint)He also advised local officials to not campaign for or against the vote for the same reason. He said the law regarding elected officials and campaigning on a SPLOST is not clear. "Educate, don't promote," he said. "You get into promotion where you say 'we will raise your taxes if you don't vote for it.'"
SPLOST is a voter-approved sales tax. It can run for five or six years, depending on how the local agreement between the county and cities is structured. Money can only be spent on voter-approved projects. Those projects are capital improvement. SPLOST money cannot be spent on recurring expenses like utility bills.
STICKING TO IT Whatever is on the referendum and whatever is in the IGA is what the money can be spent on. Nothing else, Mr. Mueller said.
A member of the audience asked if money could be spent on library books. "I say you are on shaky ground. They tend to turn that stuff over every year," he said.
http://cordeledispatch.com/local/x1475591245/...
Just how many times can you count where Lamar has said he will have to raise our taxes if we don't vote on it?
How many projects have been built with SPLOST 3 monies that was not voted on?(One going on right now at the old Chamber Building)
SPLOST is a VOTER APPROVED TAX. You vote YES you will pay. You vote NO it goes away.
You can not pay maintenance of these buildings with SPLOST moneys.
Why would you vote on $100,000 for Library upgrades, improvements, and equipment? You just spent $929,149 out of the last SPLOST plus all the grant money. Libraries are becoming obsolete.
WAKE UP UNION COUNTY!!!!
GET OUT and VOTE NO until there is accountability for all the past SPLOST monies.
Wonder if an email went out to county employees promoting SPLOST?

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-11-15...
tmv post

AOL

#266 Oct 30, 2013
My Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me that our commissioner promotes each and every SPLOST. It seems that his Q&A to himself is a promotion. Also, if he wrote that on county time, then it sure as shootin' looks like county funds were used to promote the SPLOST. It may be that a complaint should be filed with Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission. They'll most likely investigate and require him to respond to the complaint.
and
My Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder if an email went out to county employees promoting SPLOST?
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-11-15...
One of the guys that wrote Splost guidelines for the ACCG recently stated in an interview regarding the non-promotion of Splost, that Officials had to be careful of saying things like "Pass Splost or your Property Taxes will go up".

He said you CAN'T do that. But Lamar does it routinely. It's memorialized in print for all time. Now that is good evidence for a complaint.

Like I said in my UNION COUNTY NEWS REPORT - Lamar keeps violating laws and is putting hte County at risk of expensive lawsuits. If this Splost passes - this is just another thing that the County could get sued over by an irate taxpayer.

I bet County Attorneys aren't cheap.
Just a thought

Commerce, GA

#267 Oct 31, 2013
Does anyone know if the new roof installed on the old gym that Lamar had his Prom in was paid by SPLOST or from tax money. It would be nice to know what was paid. I know it wasn't cheap. More likely more than the Gym is worth.
My Thought

Blairsville, GA

#268 Oct 31, 2013
tmv post wrote:
<quoted text>
and
<quoted text>
One of the guys that wrote Splost guidelines for the ACCG recently stated in an interview regarding the non-promotion of Splost, that Officials had to be careful of saying things like "Pass Splost or your Property Taxes will go up".
He said you CAN'T do that. But Lamar does it routinely. It's memorialized in print for all time. Now that is good evidence for a complaint.
Like I said in my UNION COUNTY NEWS REPORT - Lamar keeps violating laws and is putting hte County at risk of expensive lawsuits. If this Splost passes - this is just another thing that the County could get sued over by an irate taxpayer.
I bet County Attorneys aren't cheap.
The Chamber of Commerce is promoting the new SLPOST as shown by the column in the NGN. Has the Chamber, or a PAC created by them, registered as required with the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission?

They also have to report who contributed and the report is a public document.

Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission

What is a Ballot Committee?

Ballot Committee or Statewide Referendum Committee is defined as “Any campaign committee which accepts contributions or makes expenditures designed to influence the passage of any statewide referendum, constitutional amendment, or ballot question in any county or municipal election.”

When do Ballot Committees have to register and report in Georgia?
Ballot Committees must register with the Commission immediately, but do not have to file CCDRs until the Ballot Committee has made contributions and/or expenditures (in the aggregate) of $500 or more.

Forms and Responsibilities for a Ballot Committee

• File Form RO (Registration Form for a Non Candidate Committee) to begin Ballot Committee
• Ballot committee must keep campaign records and document all contributions and expenditures, even before $500 threshold is reached.
• It is advised that the Ballot Committee file PIN Application for e-filing CCDR (Non Candidate Committee) in advance of reaching the $500 threshold
• Once the $500 threshold is reached, the Ballot Committee must file Campaign Contribution Disclosure Reports as per the filing schedule below (NOTE: there are different filing schedules for local vs. statewide ballot committees)

Filing Schedule for LOCAL Ballot Committee

• Local Ballot Committee must file reports electronically, once $500 threshold is reached.
• Local Ballot Committee must file report 15 days before date of election.
• Local Ballot Committee must file final report before December 31 of the election year.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#269 Oct 31, 2013
The Rescuer
========

A drowning person often dies while fighting their rescuer.

This often applies to more than just immersion in water.

**********

I think we must remember this as we continue to awaken our community to the realities most had rather ignore.

VOTE NO SPLOST IV!!

NEW RESPONSIVE & COMPETENT LEADERSHIP FOR BLAIRSVILLE
Just a thought

Commerce, GA

#270 Nov 1, 2013
Everyday it becomes more evident how much alike Obama and his brother Liemore are alike. Both lie and then refuse to admit. They refuse to compromise. They want you to give them total control. They want the key to the treasure and say trust me. Yes they are alike. One may be black and one white but that is just a freak of nature.
Home Owner

Carnesville, GA

#271 Nov 1, 2013
W/O SPLOST home and property owners will foot the bill for the lack of money in the county. Why not let EVERYONE that spends money in the county pitch in and keep the tax rate lower? Oh I forgot! It is the renters and non-homeowners and constant complainers that don't want to pitch in to enjoy all that the SPLOST money pays for.
Just a thought

Commerce, GA

#272 Nov 1, 2013
Home Owner wrote:
W/O SPLOST home and property owners will foot the bill for the lack of money in the county. Why not let EVERYONE that spends money in the county pitch in and keep the tax rate lower? Oh I forgot! It is the renters and non-homeowners and constant complainers that don't want to pitch in to enjoy all that the SPLOST money pays for.
Who do you think pays the taxes on that big apt. complex. You think they are exempt? I can tell you know little about the business world and the art of owing rental property. You get a homestead exemption on that modest home but the Apt. owner gets none. Most people are to busy making a living to go horse back riding, play golf, visit an unknown poets home, hang around at the yard sale at the farmers market or have cocktails at the community center. The people who work and own property and still pay high taxes just to keep up all these niceties that is doing the bitching dumb ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump brings country to a new low. 9 min ugly 90
Mickey Cummings = RINO 1 hr Jeff 334
Sybil Denise Bellew (Dec '12) 1 hr Sybil Denise Ballew 84
doctors 1 hr dgd478 4
Union County School Board / superintendent 2 hr OathKeeper 3
School system secret 13 hr Boo hoo 1
School Board buying votes 15 hr Hooty 13

Blairsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages