of 7
Next Last
yuv come a long way baby

Cornelia, GA

#1 Oct 7, 2013
Posted: Monday, October 7th 2013 at 11:41am
Road to Brasstown Bald closed
By Staff

There won't be any looking out over the north Georgia mountains from Brasstown Bald until the government shutdown is over. And, now the road leading to the Brasstown Bald Visitors Center and parking lot has been closed.
GAINESVILLE - It's not unusual for the road to the top of Brasstown Bald, the highest point in Georgia, to be closed in the winter months but in early October, with "leaf-looking" season just around the corner?

The Georgia Department of Transporation (GDOT) announced Monday, though, that it is, in fact, closed. Why? At the request of the U.S. Forest Service and because of the government shutdown. The forest service operates the facilities on top of the mountain as well as the visitors center at its base.

The road is officially known as State Route 180 Spur. It is in Towns County and leads to the Brasstown Bald Visitor Information Center and day-use parking area.

The road, which has no businesses or homes along it, will remain closed until the forest service requests its opening, according to GDOT.
treetop

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Oct 7, 2013
Sounds to me lke the Forest Service wanted it closed and is taking advantage of the government shutdown. It says "it will remain closed until the forest requests it's opening, according to GDOT."
treetop

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Oct 7, 2013
*that should read "forest service". my phone corrected me.
National Lampoon vaca

Cornelia, GA

#4 Oct 7, 2013
since all shut down employees get retroactive pay, the shut down is just a bonus paid vacation. We'll see lots of things shutting down now.
froggy

Cornelia, GA

#5 Oct 7, 2013
yuv come a long way baby wrote:
Posted: Monday, October 7th 2013 at 11:41am
Road to Brasstown Bald closed
By Staff
There won't be any looking out over the north Georgia mountains from Brasstown Bald until the government shutdown is over. And, now the road leading to the Brasstown Bald Visitors Center and parking lot has been closed.
GAINESVILLE - It's not unusual for the road to the top of Brasstown Bald, the highest point in Georgia, to be closed in the winter months but in early October, with "leaf-looking" season just around the corner?
The Georgia Department of Transporation (GDOT) announced Monday, though, that it is, in fact, closed. Why? At the request of the U.S. Forest Service and because of the government shutdown. The forest service operates the facilities on top of the mountain as well as the visitors center at its base.
The road is officially known as State Route 180 Spur. It is in Towns County and leads to the Brasstown Bald Visitor Information Center and day-use parking area.
The road, which has no businesses or homes along it, will remain closed until the forest service requests its opening, according to GDOT.
No. John Boehner & his Tea bagger buddies shut it down.
uct

Blue Ridge, GA

#6 Oct 7, 2013
Froggy what planet do you live on to make this statement?
He He

Clarkesville, GA

#7 Oct 7, 2013
uct wrote:
He has bumped his ass one time to many.
whars my chek

Cornelia, GA

#8 Oct 7, 2013
uct wrote:
He lives on the planet of welfare. He's just fighting for his survival, and defending his god given right to cradle-to-grave government support. Not much else worth fighting for.
I ride a bike

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Oct 7, 2013
froggy wrote:
<quoted text>No. John Boehner & his Tea bagger buddies shut it down.
B.S. The POS POTUS and his minions are behind shut-down. They believe it will affect people's thinking about the GOP. Sorry, Charlie, people are blaming Obama administration and no one else.
Get your head out of the sand or your ass.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#10 Oct 7, 2013
froggy wrote:
"As detailed in a Sunday New York Times story, a well-financed cohort of conservative activists have been planning for months to use a government shutdown as a cudgel to cripple the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. Among those behind the effort are, predictably, the Koch brothers, the right-wing billionaire industrialists who, the newspaper reports, gave out $200 million last year to anti-Obamacare groups. Another key leader is a figure from the dark past, Richard Nixon’s former attorney general, Edwin Meese III.

Also pushing the Obamacare battle is Michael A. Needham, who runs the political arm of the conservative Heritage Foundation. Unlike Bachmann and her buddies, Needham did not play coy when asked about what is going on, telling the New York Times,“We felt very strongly from the start that this was a fight that we were going to pick.”

And it’s the fight they got. Republicans should stop feigning innocence and be brave enough to own it."

Read the entire opinion here: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket...
uct

Blue Ridge, GA

#11 Oct 7, 2013
Locking out WW II veterans. How low can you go. They will not back down and my money is on the Vets. BTW PBS got 450 million the same day the US Govt shut down. TV like sesame street over the greatest generation ever. We need some new leaders with the same resolve as those brave vets
froggy

Cornelia, GA

#12 Oct 7, 2013
uct wrote:
The one where the non-teabaggers live, in other words with the rest of America.
froggy

Cornelia, GA

#13 Oct 7, 2013
I ride a bike wrote:
<quoted text>
B.S. The POS POTUS and his minions are behind shut-down. They believe it will affect people's thinking about the GOP. Sorry, Charlie, people are blaming Obama administration and no one else.
No actually the majority of non Fox news watchers agree it is Boeh Dr' s fault. A simple clean vote would end it.
uct

Blue Ridge, GA

#14 Oct 7, 2013
A simple clean vote means put everyone back on Obama care no exceptions none and then vote
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#15 Oct 7, 2013
froggy wrote:
So true.

Great post.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#16 Oct 7, 2013
uct wrote:
The Planet where the Right Wing Wacko Republican Losers,
Having lost in the Congress,
Having lost the Presidency;
Having lost in the Supreme Court;
Having lost again in the Senate;
Having lost the Presidency again;

Shut down the President as extortion and blackmail to try to get what the voters refuse to let them have.

Hope that helps.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#17 Oct 7, 2013
I ride a bike wrote:
<quoted text>B.S. The POS POTUS and his minions are behind shut-down. They believe it will affect people's thinking about the GOP. Sorry, Charlie, people are blaming Obama administration and no one else.
That post is proof that Right Wingers are brain damaged children who shouldn't be permitted to handle firearms or farm implements
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#18 Oct 7, 2013
Now if he'd only close the V.A. Clinic, the Social Security Administration, and Medicare - we'd see all these Right Wing Freeloading Deadbeats demanding the Right Wing Wacko Congressmen stop playing games with our government.

lorac

Ashland, AL

#19 Oct 7, 2013
I cannot believe how much ### is on this website. I find myself reading this stuff like someone who cannot help looking at an accident!! I think some people like to make up their own right wing "facts". Do you people research anything or do you just vomit the things Fox news or people Like Hannity, Ann Coulter, and Rush Limbaugh say.( by the way I am sure they want to thank you for all of the money and for making them so rich. Who knew you could make so much money being so negative??? and wait, I am sure they would want me to say thanks, for buying their books, they are laughing all the way to the bank are you???) I am not saying everything the President and the Dems have done is correct however, It only takes a few minutes to check something before you state it as a "fact" and make yourself sound uninformed. The non political website FACTCHECK.org is available for information. Do not just look at a left or right wing publication for information because, if you do, you may just vote in the same fools that are making a mess out of our country today!!
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#20 Oct 8, 2013
lorac wrote:
I cannot believe how much ### is on this website. I find myself reading this stuff like someone who cannot help looking at an accident!! I think some people like to make up their own right wing "facts". Do you people research anything or do you just vomit the things Fox news or people Like Hannity, Ann Coulter, and Rush Limbaugh say.( by the way I am sure they want to thank you for all of the money and for making them so rich. Who knew you could make so much money being so negative??? and wait, I am sure they would want me to say thanks, for buying their books, they are laughing all the way to the bank are you???) I am not saying everything the President and the Dems have done is correct however, It only takes a few minutes to check something before you state it as a "fact" and make yourself sound uninformed. The non political website FACTCHECK.org is available for information. Do not just look at a left or right wing publication for information because, if you do, you may just vote in the same fools that are making a mess out of our country today!!
Great post.

But when you have your mind made up, or like a good "Dittohead", you let 'Ol Rushbo do your thinking for you - facts are your enemy.

Like Stephen Colbert said: "Reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
florida 13 min Maude 39
Wake up floridiots Naming your driveway is stupid. 16 min Maude 54
Remove EMC BOARD and Akins 6 hr Just a Thought 76
Tanyard Truck Stop 10 hr Concerned 44
Honey Boo Boo 10 hr VOTE THEM OUT 5
Garbage pickup service (Sep '09) 13 hr amused 121
cheating husband (Aug '10) 19 hr Women are gullible 12

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match