The Fiscal Cliff
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just Mike

Perry, GA

#1 Dec 27, 2012
Anybody as SICK of hearing about this in the media as I am? Does anyone honestly believe that the House was EVER going to negotiate ANYTHING with the White House to prevent this from occurring? Does anybody seriously believe that the expiration of Bush tax cuts, end of the payroll tax "holiday" and deep government spending cuts will cause a deep recession? It will certainly slow growth in the near term, but this has been coming for a long time and is LONG overdue.

This "do nothing" congress has "deferred" tough decisions for nearly two years- THEY set this whole thing up. Why WOULD they do anything now? I'll bet the representatives are just so ticked off that they have to be in DC this week for what is essentially a total charade. The REAL negotiating will begin AFTER January 12th IMHO.

But hey... I could be wrong. >;-)
Nemski

Jefferson, GA

#2 Dec 28, 2012
Just Mike wrote:

Not only wrong but uninformed as well.
Informed Opinion

United States

#3 Dec 28, 2012
Just Mike wrote:
Anybody as SICK of hearing about this in the media as I am? Does anyone honestly believe that the House was EVER going to negotiate ANYTHING with the White House to prevent this from occurring? Does anybody seriously believe that the expiration of Bush tax cuts, end of the payroll tax "holiday" and deep government spending cuts will cause a deep recession? It will certainly slow growth in the near term, but this has been coming for a long time and is LONG overdue.

This "do nothing" congress has "deferred" tough decisions for nearly two years- THEY set this whole thing up. Why WOULD they do anything now? I'll bet the representatives are just so ticked off that they have to be in DC this week for what is essentially a total charade. The REAL negotiating will begin AFTER January 12th IMHO.

Great post.

Another view- maybe the White House will develop enough testosterone to allow the defense cuts to happen and the tax breaks for the rich to expire.

At least the Democrat President can blame the Republican House and the filibuster prone Senate for doing what should have been done a long time ago.

And the Republican House that won't compromise cause the crazy Right Wingers can't understand compromise is necessary to make democracy work, can blame the Democrat President.

Thank God, their salaries, pensions, benefits, and bribes are not effected - that's the important thing.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#4 Dec 28, 2012
Let's jump,
then the folks who were recently elected will be stumbling all over themselves to be the first in line to cut taxes.

“No news is good news!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#5 Dec 28, 2012
Oh its going to happen. Boehner and McConnell are the ugliest physically and mentally of any Americans and its sad they are in congress. They will never give to anything. If you have not prepared for the fiscal cliff you probably should. Its sad that a few would love for many to fail simply because of their own unwillingness to try. I believe the debts are due and no funds just like fall 2008. Have I prepared;
yes, end of November.
Question

Jefferson, GA

#6 Dec 28, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
Oh its going to happen. Boehner and McConnell are the ugliest physically and mentally of any Americans and its sad they are in congress. They will never give to anything. If you have not prepared for the fiscal cliff you probably should. Its sad that a few would love for many to fail simply because of their own unwillingness to try. I believe the debts are due and no funds just like fall 2008. Have I prepared;
yes, end of November.
This is not related to the subject,but do you work at Laurel Wood?

“No news is good news!”

Location hidden

#7 Dec 28, 2012
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not related to the subject,but do you work at Laurel Wood?
You are probably new to Blairsville forum and I will state for you what I have repeated several times. I have never been a patient or an employee of Laurelwood. To be honest I don't care what you think of me. I made a post on a public forum and time will tell how accurate it is. Please go further with your expertise though I am sure it will be more in line with what the others want to hear. The name was given to me by a friend and I earned it through life events.
Question

Jefferson, GA

#8 Dec 29, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>You are probably new to Blairsville forum and I will state for you what I have repeated several times. I have never been a patient or an employee of Laurelwood. To be honest I don't care what you think of me. I made a post on a public forum and time will tell how accurate it is. Please go further with your expertise though I am sure it will be more in line with what the others want to hear. The name was given to me by a friend and I earned it through life events.
Are you a volunteer then? Does Laurel Wood seem well run to you?

Is it clean and the help competent? How long have you been there?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9 Dec 29, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>You are probably new to Blairsville forum and I will state for you what I have repeated several times. I have never been a patient or an employee of Laurelwood. To be honest I don't care what you think of me. I made a post on a public forum and time will tell how accurate it is. Please go further with your expertise though I am sure it will be more in line with what the others want to hear. The name was given to me by a friend and I earned it through life events.
Seems like you have another admirer? How have you been?
ObamaWins

Jefferson, GA

#10 Dec 29, 2012
being helpful

Dahlonega, GA

#11 Dec 29, 2012
Just Mike wrote:
Anybody as SICK of hearing about this in the media as I am? Does anyone honestly believe that the House was EVER going to negotiate ANYTHING with the White House to prevent this from occurring?
Does anyone honestly believe that the President was EVER going to negotiate ANYTHING with the House to prevent this from occurring?
(Corrected it for you.)

Location hidden

#12 Dec 29, 2012
being helpful wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone honestly believe that the President was EVER going to negotiate ANYTHING with the House to prevent this from occurring?
(Corrected it for you.)
Both sides need to do a little giving. That being said Obama won re-election and has the higher ground. So the house is the one that will have to give the most.
Willie

Jefferson, GA

#13 Dec 29, 2012
turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>Both sides need to do a little giving. That being said Obama won re-election and has the higher ground. So the house is the one that will have to give the most.
Now I call that stump sense.
HoodSanta

United States

#14 Dec 29, 2012
Elections have consequences and this is just one of many to come for the country. We are going off the cliff with zero doubt. Most likely the will come to agreement to extend the deadline - the old "kick the can down the road" approach they have been using for years now. It is amusing to see ow many people that actually believed that Obama would be able to do what he said he could and "bring both sides together to work out the country's problems". He wasn't able to do it in one single instance in the past four years - I am sure he can do it now. If you are waiting for his mythical powers to unite others to appear you watched too many commercials during the election.
Hey he has the high ground like someone said - he was re-elected and I would love to see them give him everything he wants so he can prove how foolish his policies are even faster. I hope we break the sound barrier going off the cliff - the country deserves everything it gets for re-electing a failed president. Congrats on winning that election - enjoy the ride that is coming up. I hope everyone has prepared themselves - this is the start rather than the end of negative events. I wouldn't worry too much - Obama has complete control of the situation and HE has the answers - it said so in his commercials. I wonder how many people you will be able to find who will say they voted for Obama in 4 years? It will be like finding a Jimmy Carter voter in the 80's. ENJOY!

Location hidden

#15 Dec 29, 2012
HoodSanta wrote:
Elections have consequences and this is just one of many to come for the country. We are going off the cliff with zero doubt. Most likely the will come to agreement to extend the deadline - the old "kick the can down the road" approach they have been using for years now. It is amusing to see ow many people that actually believed that Obama would be able to do what he said he could and "bring both sides together to work out the country's problems". He wasn't able to do it in one single instance in the past four years - I am sure he can do it now. If you are waiting for his mythical powers to unite others to appear you watched too many commercials during the election.
Hey he has the high ground like someone said - he was re-elected and I would love to see them give him everything he wants so he can prove how foolish his policies are even faster. I hope we break the sound barrier going off the cliff - the country deserves everything it gets for re-electing a failed president. Congrats on winning that election - enjoy the ride that is coming up. I hope everyone has prepared themselves - this is the start rather than the end of negative events. I wouldn't worry too much - Obama has complete control of the situation and HE has the answers - it said so in his commercials. I wonder how many people you will be able to find who will say they voted for Obama in 4 years? It will be like finding a Jimmy Carter voter in the 80's. ENJOY!
The only ones that don't seem to understand how our government works is the politicians in the house. I for one agree with you that we are going over the cliff, and perhaps that is the best way to reign in spending and get the tax rates fixed.
my comment

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Dec 29, 2012
turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>The only ones that don't seem to understand how our government works is the politicians in the house. I for one agree with you that we are going over the cliff, and perhaps that is the best way to reign in spending and get the tax rates fixed.
The House are duly elected representatives and they represent thier districts. They shouldn't cave to a Chicago-style politician just because he won. They still represent their constituents. The House is trying to reign in the excessive spending and the media is going all out in siding with Obama in trying to make it an issue of taxing the makers and giving to the takers. Even raising taxes on the makers only takes care of the runaway spending for 10 days. It's all about class warfare created by the democrats who see their gravy train in getting people to think that the federal government is the solution, rather than the problem and getting as many as possible dependent on the federal government.

Location hidden

#17 Dec 29, 2012
my comment wrote:
<quoted text>
The House are duly elected representatives and they represent thier districts. They shouldn't cave to a Chicago-style politician just because he won. They still represent their constituents. The House is trying to reign in the excessive spending and the media is going all out in siding with Obama in trying to make it an issue of taxing the makers and giving to the takers. Even raising taxes on the makers only takes care of the runaway spending for 10 days. It's all about class warfare created by the democrats who see their gravy train in getting people to think that the federal government is the solution, rather than the problem and getting as many as possible dependent on the federal government.
That being said the house doesn't have the guts to make the cuts and raise the taxes that needs to be done. Going over the cliff takes care of that problem for them. They don't have to worry about nothing when this happens the tax rates will automatically be reset. The only difference is everyone not just the wealthy will be paying more. This might be worth it , considering the military and other departments will automatically be cut also. That would give us a more balanced approach.
Informed Opinion

Bonita Springs, FL

#18 Dec 29, 2012
turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>That being said the house doesn't have the guts to make the cuts and raise the taxes that needs to be done. Going over the cliff takes care of that problem for them. They don't have to worry about nothing when this happens the tax rates will automatically be reset. The only difference is everyone not just the wealthy will be paying more. This might be worth it , considering the military and other departments will automatically be cut also. That would give us a more balanced approach.
Great post.

“No news is good news!”

Location hidden

#19 Dec 29, 2012
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a volunteer then? Does Laurel Wood seem well run to you?
Is it clean and the help competent? How long have you been there?
Amos, I think you can answer that better than I. Laurel Wood is my name!
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#20 Dec 29, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>Amos, I think you can answer that better than I. Laurel Wood is my name!
You wouldn't be related to Timmy would you, his name is PeckerWood

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wake up america ! 6 hr Ed Anger 1
Gays in the school 8 hr Snooper 7
Sentinel Offender Services 10 hr Bobbie 1
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 11 hr America is Doomed 398
Opinions on Farm Fresh Processing. 11 hr Sharon 2
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 22 hr Hillary for priso... 377
Sybil Denise Bellew (Dec '12) Thu ladyjetfan 66

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance