Dr. Tom Scott commits suicide

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nurse

Hoschton, GA

#1 Oct 8, 2010
Just found out Tom Scott, who worked as an Ob/GYN here over two years ago committed suicide in Florida last night. He was a good Dr. and a good man. May he rest in peace. Prayers are with his family!

“A Reasoned Conviction”

Since: Aug 08

Here was There

#2 Oct 9, 2010
Usually a result of Depression, suicide is a long-term solution to a short-term problem.

ANYONE who is suicidal needs to hear my story of a 'near miss' because a friend explained to me that the light at the end of the tunnel is sometimes hidden because the tunnel has curves in it. But if you reach out and touch the side of the tunnel you'll feel the grooves left by others who followed the curves to the light. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel of depression ... just hang on and find friends who will help walk with you until you find it.

Suicide solves no problems ... there is no problem so great that suicide is the answer ... and it leaves family and friends with the guilt of wondering what they could have done to help and why they didn't notice how bad the depression was.

Get help, don't miss the good things that will happen in the future because of the bad things that are driving you crazy right now.

Trust me, I've been there.
David

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Oct 9, 2010
OldOpinionatedOne wrote:
Usually a result of Depression, suicide is a long-term solution to a short-term problem.
ANYONE who is suicidal needs to hear my story of a 'near miss' because a friend explained to me that the light at the end of the tunnel is sometimes hidden because the tunnel has curves in it. But if you reach out and touch the side of the tunnel you'll feel the grooves left by others who followed the curves to the light. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel of depression ... just hang on and find friends who will help walk with you until you find it.
Suicide solves no problems ... there is no problem so great that suicide is the answer ... and it leaves family and friends with the guilt of wondering what they could have done to help and why they didn't notice how bad the depression was.
Get help, don't miss the good things that will happen in the future because of the bad things that are driving you crazy right now.
Trust me, I've been there.
I have lost 5 friends to suicide,4 used a gun 1 jumped off a 12 story building,it's very sad.
some facts

United States

#5 Oct 9, 2010
David wrote:
<quoted text>I have lost 5 friends to suicide,4 used a gun 1 jumped off a 12 story building,it's very sad.
man, that sucks... what did you do to them?
Tracy

United States

#6 Oct 9, 2010
People think they will be better off by killing themselves. So sad....if they go to Hell - that's a much worse place, but the Devil blinds them into thinking it's the only way out. I heard about this today - I didn't know this doctor, but I feel bad for his family.
David

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Oct 9, 2010
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's you?
Maybe i will pay to find out who you are and beat you to death,just saying,cause the economy is great on my end!
some facts

United States

#8 Oct 9, 2010
David wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe i will pay to find out who you are and beat you to death,just saying,cause the economy is great on my end!
or maybe it was just a joke? chill out.. now we're starting to think maybe it was you.
Reb

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Oct 9, 2010
It's amazing that we haven't had a lot more suicide with the economy the way it is. I guess that shows that people have faith in our country and it's ability to come back and that they can recover with the country. It will get better and we just need to remember who was there in our time of dispair. His name doesn't start with O. but G.
Agree

Detroit, MI

#10 Oct 9, 2010
David wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe i will pay to find out who you are and beat you to death,just saying,cause the economy is great on my end!
No crap David, that's nothing to joke about and I would choke that jackass too!

Dr. Tom was a good man and you hit the spot up there.. Depression, get help! I am sure his family is hurting the most. It doesn't solve anything to do something like this! It a selfish act, period! And kudos to the ones that have seeked help and have major family and friend support, that my friends is the most important!

Prayers to his family because they will be asking why for the the rest of their lives. God bless his children too... They didn't deserve this at all!
Tea Time

Sheridan, AR

#11 Oct 9, 2010
There is some very good posts on here. There have been a good many suicides related to the community. They are usually people in the community limelight and pride won't let them admit they have financial trouble plus they just can't take going down a notch or two.
I want to hang in there to see what happens and I don't want to give in to anyone that bugs me.
Agree

Commerce, GA

#12 Oct 9, 2010
Tea Time wrote:
There is some very good posts on here. There have been a good many suicides related to the community. They are usually people in the community limelight and pride won't let them admit they have financial trouble plus they just can't take going down a notch or two.
I want to hang in there to see what happens and I don't want to give in to anyone that bugs me.
Yes.. I too want to gang in there an won't give up because of society and pride. He had all this upon him and it's just too sad for anyone!
Improv

Dawsonville, GA

#13 Oct 10, 2010
Who is this man's family. Are they from here or Florida. The name sounds familiar and I am wondering if it is the same Tom Scott that I know...did he go to school here in UC?
Agree

United States

#14 Oct 11, 2010
Improv wrote:
Who is this man's family. Are they from here or Florida. The name sounds familiar and I am wondering if it is the same Tom Scott that I know...did he go to school here in UC?
He practiced here 2 years ago and he is divorced and his family is in ATL. He did not go to school at UC. He is not from
Blairsville.
Ragina

Dawsonville, GA

#15 Oct 11, 2010
So sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with the family. I too had a family member commit suicide and it's horrible for the family that's left behind. Thoughts of what could I have done different? But I just hope that this was not work related. Think about it! If you had to look at some of the cats around here you might need to be on some type of antideppresant too. I mean don't get me wrong, you would have good days. But when it was a bad day,(depending on what you had to look at) it was really bad. Hope he is at peace.
noodoodle

Texarkana, TX

#16 Oct 12, 2010
is their an article on this news
Not

United States

#17 Oct 12, 2010
noodoodle wrote:
is their an article on this news
Nope, it happened in FL
Strange Sense of Humor

Roswell, GA

#18 Oct 14, 2010
some facts wrote:
<quoted text>
or maybe it was just a joke? chill out.. now we're starting to think maybe it was you.
how in the world could u even think that could have been a joke????u must have a sick sense of humor!!but u do live in the backwoods,guess thats why ur so stupid!!and what in the world would that remark make u think(although u said WE,so speak for urself) it might be David??I've seen ur remarks on here before,I'll pray for u that its not too late for u to have a heart...
atlgrl

Buford, GA

#19 Oct 15, 2010
nurse wrote:
Just found out Tom Scott, who worked as an Ob/GYN here over two years ago committed suicide in Florida last night. He was a good Dr. and a good man. May he rest in peace. Prayers are with his family!
do you know any details of the circumstances?
atlgrl

Buford, GA

#20 Oct 15, 2010
do you know any details? people who worked with him would like to know.
friend

United States

#21 Oct 16, 2010
atlgrl wrote:
do you know any details? people who worked with him would like to know.
Sorry, the details are private to friends and family and knowing the "nurse" that posted this, they are nothing but gossiping losers. And the practice he was in here, you won't find any of them saying nothing about this. As for the people that worked with him in the hospital, if you want to try to find out, call his mother, but I guarantee she won't say a word!!

I'm really upset that this made Topix and mortified for the family of the "subject"
that someone dared to put it under!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart Blairsville's Pollution Problem - HELP! 6 hr The Trashman 20
Cheer up democrapts. 8 hr You Lost get over it 1
Fall in Florida 9 hr flag 20
Transplant 14 hr Timmy is gay 33
Jackson EMC returns money-link (Sep '15) Thu Laughing To The Bank 51
Solution to the Florida problem Thu Timmy 42
Floridiots strikes again. Jan 18 Timmy is gay 19

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance