get a life! stop bashing people!

get a life! stop bashing people!

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
The Creek

United States

#1 Sep 11, 2012
Im so tired of reading the bullshit from some of these people. They cant even stay on the topic of discussion! GET A LIFE!
king kong

Homer, GA

#2 Sep 11, 2012
why don't you get a life and get off TOPIX

problem solved
Voter

United States

#3 Sep 11, 2012
king kong wrote:
why don't you get a life and get off TOPIX

problem solved
Exactly.
Voter

United States

#4 Sep 11, 2012
The Creek wrote:
Im so tired of reading the bullshit from some of these people. They cant even stay on the topic of discussion! GET A LIFE!
Wait a cotton picking second. You just posted bashing someone in the jail thread and you have the nerve to start this thread? Talk about glass houses...
Cindy

Jefferson, GA

#5 Sep 12, 2012
Referring to who?

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#6 Sep 12, 2012
The Creek wrote:
Im so tired of reading the bullshit from some of these people. They cant even stay on the topic of discussion! GET A LIFE!
You must be a Floridian, Smelly One ons top of thet.
Ga Girl

Okeechobee, FL

#7 Sep 12, 2012
Slowpok I am beginning to think you are a Floridian, or a wanna-be

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#8 Sep 12, 2012
Ga Girl wrote:
Slowpok I am beginning to think you are a Floridian, or a wanna-be
Iz loves southern Floridee, buts iz dont likes the new generations of Floridians. Thays all smartass, money hungry, stuffy peoples. Up umtill 40yrs ago Florida was a wonderful place to go or live. Now hits all Cuban, Rican, Mexican, Black han Smartass Peckerwoods an Drugs.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#9 Sep 12, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>Iz loves southern Floridee, buts iz dont likes the new generations of Floridians. Thays all smartass, money hungry, stuffy peoples. Up umtill 40yrs ago Florida was a wonderful place to go or live. Now hits all Cuban, Rican, Mexican, Black han Smartass Peckerwoods an Drugs.
Tham carpetbaggers his da worst of all down thar.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#10 Sep 12, 2012
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Tham carpetbaggers his da worst of all down thar.
Carpet comes in rolls dumbass, there isn't a bag in this world big enough to put one in.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#11 Sep 13, 2012
Floridians haint people thays Livestock, whats wrong wiff bashin them, don't youse know nuffin.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#12 Sep 13, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
Floridians haint people thays Livestock, whats wrong wiff bashin them, don't youse know nuffin.
Yeah and you are Deadstock or about 2 days from it.

“Life is good.”

Since: Oct 11

Lutz, FL

#13 Sep 13, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>Iz loves southern Floridee, buts iz dont likes the new generations of Floridians. Thays all smartass, money hungry, stuffy peoples. Up umtill 40yrs ago Florida was a wonderful place to go or live. Now hits all Cuban, Rican, Mexican, Black han Smartass Peckerwoods an Drugs.
Explain "peckerwood". I might want to use that someday. And I need some help here. Am I a Floridian if I moved here at 19 and grew up in New England? Or does that make me a carpetbagger. Or, am I too young to be a carpet bagger? I spent 4 years here, then one year in Indiana, then one year in the dirtiest, nastiest city I've ever seen, then back here. Been in Florida a total of 14 years. Give or take. And I more than likely won't stay here when my kids are grown, but not sure yet where I will end up. On the beach somewhere else or in the mountains perhaps. What shall we call me?
PS... Really, really missing my trip to your mountains this year. I have even made facebook friends with some of my favorite spots/businesses so I can get updates :)
Georgia Idiots

Adel, GA

#14 Sep 13, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>You must be a Floridian, Smelly One ons top of thet.
Oh, there you go again...
Ga Girl

Copperhill, TN

#15 Sep 13, 2012
Shangirl dont pay attention to Slowpok he is trying to get attention and I have alot of friends on facebook also

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#16 Sep 14, 2012
Georgia Idiots wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, there you go again...
Oh, thar you go wiff yore alligator snake raisin self, Iz knows bout thet farm youse gots.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#17 Sep 14, 2012
shangirl wrote:
<quoted text>Explain "peckerwood". I might want to use that someday. And I need some help here. Am I a Floridian if I moved here at 19 and grew up in New England? Or does that make me a carpetbagger. Or, am I too young to be a carpet bagger? I spent 4 years here, then one year in Indiana, then one year in the dirtiest, nastiest city I've ever seen, then back here. Been in Florida a total of 14 years. Give or take. And I more than likely won't stay here when my kids are grown, but not sure yet where I will end up. On the beach somewhere else or in the mountains perhaps. What shall we call me?
PS... Really, really missing my trip to your mountains this year. I have even made facebook friends with some of my favorite spots/businesses so I can get updates :)
A peckerwood is a rural white southerner, usually poor, undereducated or otherwise ignorant and bigoted, the term gained popularity in the deep south during the early twentieth century and was meant to be derogatory. It is a reversal of the name of the red bellied woodpecker which had a patch of red on the back of it’s head and neck, therefore a peckerwood is a redneck, terms that describe similar groups of people are trailer trash or white trash but neither of those have the same effect or ring to them as peckerwood does.

Since: Jul 10

Blairsville, GA

#18 Sep 14, 2012
Slo, you da man, edumacated and all. Yous knows all about dem peckerwood people......

Shangirl, I was told back in the early 50's that you have to reside in Florida for 50 years in order to be considered a Floridian. You just a Yankee so you got to live with it until you hit 50 years of residency.....

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#19 Sep 14, 2012
Trackrock Sailor wrote:
Slo, you da man, edumacated and all. Yous knows all about dem peckerwood people......
Shangirl, I was told back in the early 50's that you have to reside in Florida for 50 years in order to be considered a Floridian. You just a Yankee so you got to live with it until you hit 50 years of residency.....
Glad to see yore self a postin thar Sailor boy...

“Life is good.”

Since: Oct 11

Lutz, FL

#20 Sep 14, 2012
Slowpok wrote:
<quoted text>
A peckerwood is a rural white southerner, usually poor, undereducated or otherwise ignorant and bigoted, the term gained popularity in the deep south during the early twentieth century and was meant to be derogatory. It is a reversal of the name of the red bellied woodpecker which had a patch of red on the back of it’s head and neck, therefore a peckerwood is a redneck, terms that describe similar groups of people are trailer trash or white trash but neither of those have the same effect or ring to them as peckerwood does.
Thank you for the awesome explanation. I am adding this to my vocabulary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 6 hr Save Our Mountains 400
Opinions on Farm Fresh Processing. 7 hr JDC30512 4
Local real estate agencies 11 hr Steve 2
Sentinel Offender Services 14 hr Bobbie 2
BRMEMC Director Candidates Sat CleanuptheEMC 29
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 Sat Where are they 378
wake up america ! Fri Ed Anger 1

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages